It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NLBS 03.07: Radical Right Wing Terrorism; That's Right, We Said it.

page: 27
<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 01:50 AM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Do you mean you are waiting for the staff to change their personal views to align with yours? Because, that is what it reads like.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 02:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

Do you mean you are waiting for the staff to change their personal views to align with yours? Because, that is what it reads like.

Stop trying to start a fight with me.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 02:29 AM
link   

If you didn't want to clarify there was no need to reply.

There s also no reason to act like you have been victimized.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 02:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

If you didn't want to clarify there was no need to reply.

There s also no reason to act like you have been victimized.

There was no need for me to clarify at all. What I said was pretty clear on its face.

Your subsequent reply was simply an attempt to elicit a particular response.

This is what I said on page 25:

That isn't my concern necessarily.

Back when Bush was in office liberals were the enemy, everyone was expected to be super patriotic after 9/11, and it was blasphemy and grounds to get put on the watch list if you disagreed.

It was one of the scariest times of my youth.

Then came Obama and I hear the same # coming from the left as if everyone forgot how frightening it was to have a government with so much power over us. The same lists are being used, different rights are being sought after for the cutting floor, and so few seem to see what is happening.

9/11, in my opinion, was not an inside job. It was turned, however, into the ultimate weapon against us over time. The constructs we created to fight the scary Middle East terrorist has been turned inward for political purposes, and both "sides" are using it.

Now here we are. Having a righty roast party while dancing on the graves of the dead to the tune of the terrorism used to strip away liberty.

We're #ing idiots. This entire thread is example of that.

I hope you can see why I found your line of questioning particularly confrontational. Because it was. I'm not interested in fighting over views. I found the divisiveness of this thread profoundly damaging. ATS' NLBS program is producing a lefty bashing brother to this thread in order to seem "unbiased", when in fact, it is simply going to be more of the same logical fart made here.

They HAD TO KNOW it would turn into a large thread of left/right bashing that does NOTHING to advance debate, but everything to divide even further.

(post by rexsblues removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 02:59 AM
link   
a reply to: theNLBS

Joe,

It seems to me that those who want to ignore right wing fundamentalist terrorism, want to do so because they know, somewhere in the back of their heads, that accepting that it happens, why it happens, and who is truly responsible for it, means that their jingoism and cognitive bias toward the war on terror would be called into question. They know that it does not matter why a man takes up a gun and shoots up a place, if his motivation is to cause fear and by so doing, affect political change, that there is no essential difference between a fundamentalist radical white supremacist or Christian, and a fundamentalist from the jihadi tradition.

They also know that it IS legitimate to say that a persons actions are not reflective of Christianity, when those actions feed the mouth of hell with their soul, just as it IS legitimate for the majority of Muslims to decry jihadists as not reflective of their Islamic faith. They know, in the back of their minds, that treating these things as different to one another in any intrinsic or important fashion, having more compassion for the acts of the one, over the acts of the other, is wrong. But if they admit that it is wrong, that THEY are wrong to do so, that puts an awful lot of holes in a great many things. Their world view, their support for war, hate and distrust of people from different faiths, hate and distrust of people who hold opposing political views, their attitude toward the right wing political leaders in their own nation, politics in general, and indeed their own faith.

They refuse to admit the clear link between fundamental behavioural archetypes, because if they admit these things to themselves, they have to ask themselves questions which their faith, being weak as it is and based on fear rather than the love of Christ and a personal relationship with Him, and through him God, is not strong enough to withstand. The admission would literally show them that they have never worshiped Christ, never accepted his love into their hearts, that they are in fact, the enemies of Christ and his followers by their words, thoughts, and deeds. Rather than admit such a thing, and change themselves for the better, they would much rather try to obfuscate the clear, and undeniable link between these behavioural archetypes, so that they can go about their lives in sin far greater than those they publicly decry. They are not ignorant of what they are doing. There is no way that they can be, unless everything above their brain stems is malfunctioning to an unimaginable degree.

It is a disgrace.

(post by Wookiep removed for a manners violation)

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 03:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Wookiep

I am a Christian.

I just happen to be aware that being a Christian means that although none of us are without sin, there are some things a Christian who has a proper understanding of their role on the planet, would never wind up doing. Shooting unarmed people, blowing things up, causing panic, fear and despair. These are not the acts of a Christian person.

Why don't you explain, in just a few sentences, why it is that a statement which clearly marks the stupidity of thinking differently about two types of terrorist, caused you to think that I hate Christians?
edit on 12-12-2015 by TrueBrit because: Added query

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 03:16 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit
No-one agrees this guy was a Christian, are you kidding? You're just being an ass while trying to make yourself look good.

This crap needs to stop being politicized, it's beyond BS. Get smart and smell it out, stop pandering!

Eta- I take that back, only left wing nut jubs are selling this as some kind of Christian agenda. You're just someone else buying the BS.
edit on 12-12-2015 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 03:21 AM
link   

I woke up twenty minutes ago. Nothing is going to make me look good for another half an hour at least.

Why is it that you seem to assume that my views on this are anything other than my genuine thoughts? I have a deep loathing for the thought process which defines things apart from one another, which should be considered together. I always have. This is not new ground for me to be breaking here, leave alone an effort to go with some perceived flow.

I think you need to read my post history, if you think any different.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 03:21 AM
link   

##Attention Please'##

This is the last PSA asking for calm before accounts have a 'time out.'

If you want to criticise each other, use the PM system.

If you want to criticise the site, use the alerts or PMs.

If you want to insult the staff, other members and owners, it will end badly.

Please, calm down, breathe deeply and do not reply to this post.

Thank you

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 03:23 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 03:28 AM
link   

What you wrote ma friend should be on the best seller list, well done especially 20min out side of sleep...genius!!
looking forward to more pages..

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 03:32 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 03:34 AM
link   

I have read the thread. It is only twenty seven pages long.

Nothing I have read here today has in the slightest changed my mind about the way like concepts are treated differently, largely owing to propaganda flowing from nations and organisations, teaching the unwary to react differently to like stimuli, based on the origin of that stimuli. Its terrible, and we need to learn to be better than this.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 03:36 AM
link   

These are not the acts of a Christian person.

Some would do the same for terrorists who are Muslims, claiming that their actions are not acts of Muslim people.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 03:37 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 03:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

These are not the acts of a Christian person.

Some would do the same for terrorists who are Muslims, claiming that their actions are not acts of Muslim people.

That's a good point. A FAIR point if we are being realistic. Why does this certain bias continue to exist? It all boils down to political corruption, no matter how smart one side claims to be. Although many people buy into the nonsense.
edit on 12-12-2015 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 03:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

I am one of them.

I do not believe that Muslim folk in general, or the Muslim faith support any of the horrific abuses of human rights which have occurred out in the Middle East in recent times. I believe that they are as much a perversion of Islam, as the acts of so called right wing Christian fundamentalists are a perversion of my faith. I do not draw lines between these things, since they belong to the same intersection on the Venn diagram of life.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 03:55 AM
link   
This didn't have to be a divisive thread. And I don't believe that was the intention either. But the reactionary display is no surprise as well (we are a diverse crowd here).

What is being called out here isn't so much Dear, or even him being white and christian. What's being called out here is the right-wing propaganda machine. Just how powerful it is. How it is feeding anger and fear. It is dividing us. Is that not any more obvious when Trump (certainly part of TPTB) gets support from those have been completely played by this? Is it a coincidence that the two are in lockstep? We are Americans (most in this thread anyway?), and for our differences, we still know that we share this place, and this culture, and feel a responsibility and ownership. But to defend the propaganda, which let me remind you, is incredibly well-funded top-down, makes you part of the problem. We are here, on this site, because we all search to go beyond the most basic spoon-fed grime. And if this isn't, then what is. Is some information on the left well-funded, sure (except that it's actually center-right), I don't claim that propaganda is relegated to the conservative right. But reiterate, the point of this thread is to bring together by becoming smarter than TPTB are.

top topics

<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join