It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Changing national gun laws without congress???

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 01:08 AM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

I did. In the link I posted.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 01:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: Aazadan

Well then I highly suggest reading the 2nd,9th,10th, and 14th amendments.

If that doesn't help go read a Trump thread about how wrong it is to infringe on muslim rights.

But it's right as rain to infringe on gun owners rights.

Should be enlightening.

I've written plenty of threads/posts on the 2nd and even the entire constitution for that matter (short version: the bill of rights shouldn't be there, the constitution itself is deeply flawed), but I'm not convinced my viewpoint on it is right.

What I am convinced about is if the Republican party fractures (which they're on the verge of doing), Democrats will win every election for the next 20 years, and if that happens gun control will happen. Coincidentally enough, 20 years of gun control would be enough time to get enough weapons off the streets that a reduction in gun crimes could occur and if that happens I highly doubt gun rights will ever come back.
edit on 11-12-2015 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 03:44 AM
link   
a reply to: lifecitizen

Not really. Try some actual facts, instead of the scare tactics the media offers - link

The truth is, there isn't some epidemic of "mass shootings".

Edit to add - Here is another link, that discusses how the numbers can be and are manipulated - second link
edit on 11-12-2015 by LadyGreenEyes because: added link

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 03:53 AM
link   
a reply to: lifecitizen

Because the current administration has labeled Americans with conservative ideas as "possible extremists/possible terrorists" simply for being pro-second amendment, for being a conservative, a republican, for not bowing to all of Obama's policies, etc, etc...

The Report specifically mentions the following political beliefs that law enforcement should use to determine whether someone is a “rightwing extremist”:

Opposes abortion
Opposes restrictions on firearms
Opposes lax immigration
Opposes the policies of President Obama regarding immigration, citizenship, and the expansion of social programs
Opposes continuation of free trade agreements
Opposes same-sex marriage
Has paranoia of foreign regimes
Fear of Communist regimes
Opposes one world government
Bemoans the decline of U.S. stature in the world.
Upset with loss of U.S. manufacturing jobs to China and India
. . . and the list goes on

www.thomasmore.org...

This administration has been known to even send the IRS after conservatives, republicans, etc, simply for not being left-wing...

The corruption of the Internal Revenue Service is still under investigation, but the public has learned a lot already: The IRS targeted conservative and tea party groups for extra scrutiny and harassment, Lois G. Lerner tried to hide behind the Fifth Amendment to avoid prosecution for violating the rights of taxpayers, and the president of the United States assured one and all that there was not even a smidgen of corruption at the agency when he knew better.

www.washingtontimes.com...

The Obama administration, and other left leaning idiots have been labeling anyone with opposite political beliefs to them as "possible extremists/possible terrorists" and a threat to the nation.

Why you ask we are against this?... just think about it. Maybe the light bulb will turn on in your head...

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Hell, I'm getting my permit now before I can't due to some bonehead legislation.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 06:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: lifecitizen
a reply to: shooterbrody

Why have people got a problem with background checks? I don't get it. Where is the problem with that?

How about "they don't work for criminal/terrorist activity while placing a burden on law-abiding ctizens."

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 06:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: NewzNose
a reply to: DuckforcoveR

Or at least take away their guns.

The OP did't...but Sidharta's post above did.
But I have no doubt Obama has confiscation in his plans.

Advocating the UK and Australian methods demonstrate how much he favors confiscation as an alternative.

But let's be honest. With less than a year to go in his lame duck term and a Congress gearing up for election season, Obama won't be confiscating anything. People who think the GOP has been 'obstructionist' to this point will have their heads explode at how many Republicans will shut down funding for any extra measures that the administration would put in place, to prove to their constituents how much they should be re-elected. Threats of government shutdown would be the tip of the iceberg.

But heck, this is a conspiracy forum. I suppose if Obama decides to not enforce election laws so he stays President indefinitely, and says we have a crisis that mandates he throw GOP congress in jail for fighting against the general welfare, then nominates an extra 8 supreme court justices to load the SCOTUS with 100% Democrat senate approval...

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 08:19 AM
link   
a reply to: stormbringer1701

Ok, this infi will be hels strictly between the two of us. 😓

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 08:19 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 08:22 AM
link   
a reply to: murphy22

Not necessary. But thank you. I have full mental capabilities and stand behind my post.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 09:25 AM
link   

a reply to: SonOfThor

Forgetting an inverted comma isn't the same thing as not knowing the basics of the English language.

I'm not a big grammar freak on internet message boards (heck when I type on my phone I usually have to go back and edit for spelling issues because the spell check on my phone is atrocious). I was pointing out the hypocrisy in your attack on someone's grammar rather than supplying a logical argument.

You furthered that ad hominem by stating that the person you are arguing against doesn't know the basics of the English language for a couple of spelling issues (who knows maybe they were auto-corrected on their phone).

If you want to continue this conversation / debate I suggest avoiding ad hominems and personal attacks. It really does not help your position.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Painful: White House Can't Name One Mass Shooting That Would Have Been Stopped By New Gun Laws

In today’s press briefing, the Obama White House proved what Second Amendment supporters already know: no new gun control laws, especially those proposed by the president, would have prevented any new mass shootings. White House Press Secretary Josh Earnest was asked by The Wall Street Journal’s Byron Tau if there was any shooting that could have been stopped if an assault weapons ban or stricter backgrounds checks, both supported by this administration, were enacted.

Earnest deflected...........

Common sense!
edit on 11-12-2015 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 10:34 AM
link   

hehehe. sometimes watching antigunner's heads explode in an apoplexic fit is worth letting out trade secrets.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Why have people got a problem with background checks? I don't get it. Where is the problem with that?

No one I know and no logical person has a problem with background checks. In fact...I love background checks and think they sometimes don't go far enough or deep enough to find the problems.

What I and many Americans DON'T like are the tactics to classify Republicans as extremists, to call Catholics terrorists, etc. We also don't agree with liars saying that the background checks would never be used in that way. The same as the IRS wouldn't be used in that way.

It isn't the rules or changes to the rules that we distrust...it is the PEOPLE implementing and administrating them.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 10:06 PM
link   
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

My main concern with expanded background checks is in what else are they going to check? At a certain point new data has to be generated for these checks to find.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 10:29 PM
link   
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

I think where you get a lot of "Republicans are idiots/extremists" viewpoints from, is that people look at their elected officials and representatives. For instance, in the presidential race, their major candidates are Trump, Carson, and Cruz. Trump does a lot of things to appeal to bigots and racists, Carson is pants-on-head-crazy, and Cruz wants a Theocracy.

The people defending the second amendment with all they have: Let us be honest now, a lot of them probably don't really care too much about the Constitution. Sure, when it comes to the second amendment specifically, you can take their guns over their dead bodies.
But where's all the noise about the fourth amendment, that has been shredded repeatedly since 2001?

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 07:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
He has threatened to do this many times.

WASHINGTON (AP) -- President Barack Obama's advisers are finalizing a proposal that would expand background checks on gun sales without congressional approval.

hosted.ap.org...

I really can't believe a sitting American president would try this.

White House adviser Valerie Jarrett says the president has asked his team to complete a proposal and submit it for his review "in short order." She says the recommendations will include measures to expand background checks

If you think gun sales were big on black friday they will be huge when the general public gets wind of this.

What's your point?
They already do a federal background check on every gun you buy, even if you have a concealed pistol license.
The only ones who are crying about this are the ones that fear it.
I carry many guns, I buy many guns, I have never been denied buying a gun. And if that day come when I'm denied a gun, I'll just go buy it somewhere else.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 07:16 PM
link   

He can try all he wants...those who saw this coming have already procured theirs.

gonna be mighty difficult to confiscate 400,000,000+ firearms from people who insist on keeping them and know how to use them.

this gun campaign has been going on for decades....Bill Clinton said don't worry were not going to come in to your home and take your Guns that you've had in the family for years .......we will just stop the manufacturing of the percussion cap even with a re loader that little cap is machine made ......
we will have to buy ammo just like drugs on the street

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 07:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: madenusa

He can try all he wants...those who saw this coming have already procured theirs.

gonna be mighty difficult to confiscate 400,000,000+ firearms from people who insist on keeping them and know how to use them.

this gun campaign has been going on for decades....Bill Clinton said don't worry were not going to come in to your home and take your Guns that you've had in the family for years .......we will just stop the manufacturing of the percussion cap even with a re loader that little cap is machine made ......
we will have to buy ammo just like drugs on the street
after the U.S. Military left the Philippines the Philipino Resistance and a few American stay behinds reused those primer caps by using nails or whatever was handy to reshape them putting piezoelectric rocks (i think it was coarse quartz sand grains but could be wrong) arranged in two sets of three into them and replacing the charge. The rounds sometimes misfired but were reliable enough to give the Japanese hell with.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Bill Clinton's Stirring 1993 Gun Speech Will Make You Disappointed In How Little Has Changed
We will honor the meaning of our church.
We will, somehow, by God's grace, we will turn this around.
We will give these children a future. We will take away their guns and give them books.
We will take away their despair and give them hope. We will rebuildwww.youtube.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join