It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Changing national gun laws without congress???

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 07:37 PM
link   
edit damn... coconut fibers for carbon for their gun powder too:

firstpatriotpress.blogspot.com...

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 07:51 PM
link   
this is a book of the autobiography of the most important american stay behind guerilla fighter and leader of the phillipine resistance to the Japanese occupation. He spent three years in living hell while unleashing the same on the Japanese. I think i remember his name in reference to the genius of the Phillipine knack for improvising weapons and munitions. such as the refurbishing of primer caps and so forth.

www.amazon.com...

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: madenusa

The community of gun owners are highly innovative and intelligent. They already have a "fix" for that, no doubt.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 09:49 PM
link   
a reply to: NewzNose

Well, you know what the say about men with hammers.

When you've got a gun...

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 06:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: ElectricUniverse
a reply to: lifecitizen

Because the current administration has labeled Americans with conservative ideas as "possible extremists/possible terrorists" simply for being pro-second amendment, for being a conservative, a republican, for not bowing to all of Obama's policies, etc, etc...

The Report specifically mentions the following political beliefs that law enforcement should use to determine whether someone is a “rightwing extremist”:

Opposes abortion
Opposes restrictions on firearms
Opposes lax immigration
Opposes the policies of President Obama regarding immigration, citizenship, and the expansion of social programs
Opposes continuation of free trade agreements
Opposes same-sex marriage
Has paranoia of foreign regimes
Fear of Communist regimes
Opposes one world government
Bemoans the decline of U.S. stature in the world.
Upset with loss of U.S. manufacturing jobs to China and India
. . . and the list goes on

www.thomasmore.org...

This administration has been known to even send the IRS after conservatives, republicans, etc, simply for not being left-wing...

The corruption of the Internal Revenue Service is still under investigation, but the public has learned a lot already: The IRS targeted conservative and tea party groups for extra scrutiny and harassment, Lois G. Lerner tried to hide behind the Fifth Amendment to avoid prosecution for violating the rights of taxpayers, and the president of the United States assured one and all that there was not even a smidgen of corruption at the agency when he knew better.

www.washingtontimes.com...

The Obama administration, and other left leaning idiots have been labeling anyone with opposite political beliefs to them as "possible extremists/possible terrorists" and a threat to the nation.

Why you ask we are against this?... just think about it. Maybe the light bulb will turn on in your head...

what goes around....www.youtube.com... comes around

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 01:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
a reply to: shooterbrody

He can do as usual his executive orders crap but if they intrude in the constitutional rights of Americans the supreme court is going to slap him for it

Yeah? Like they did with Obamacare? The only thing standing in the way of the government forcing people to do basically anything they want was the Supreme Court. People assumed the court would at least strike the individual mandate down but look what happened.

It's pretty obvious there is widespread corruption at this point so I wouldn't count on the courts doing anything. I would also be looking for at least one more liberal justice before Obama leaves office.

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 11:12 PM
link   
a reply to: lifecitizen

Because they can soft-ban gun through regulation instead of a direct ban.

The anti-gun cult doesn't have to ban guns outright just make the regulation so strict that hardly anyone can qualify to have a firearm.

Gun laws do not work on criminals that can buy guns off the black market.

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 11:36 PM
link   
a reply to: John_Rodger_Cornman

I can sort of get where you're coming from. Those involved in organized crime will, certainly, still have access to firearms. However, organized crime is not the target of gun control. Your average wife-beater or teenage high school student planning a mass shooting doesn't have ready access to a black market.

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 06:12 AM
link   
OK, so they put a stop to selling guns to a small percentage of current nutcases great wonderful. What about the other 350+ million other potential nutcases? This new Crazy law will make precisely 0.000000053% change.

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 11:32 AM
link   
From what I understood these proposed measures by Obama are executive orders. Last time I checked executive orders are merely instructions or actions passed down to the federal bureaucracy, although they function in a similar way to a law passed by Congress, they have no enforcement power whatsoever. So, just like Obama's previous executive actions on gun control, unfortunately these are not going to have much of an impact as a genuine law by Congress would. If only Congress wasn't full of NRA puppets.

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Bumped for this

thehill.com...

Didn't take long for the courts to see Obama's work.

Freedom Watch accuses Obama of circumventing Congress to “invent” new gun laws.
"The president states that he is doing so purely because he does not like the legislative decisions of the Congress,” wrote Larry Klayman, the founder of Freedom Watch, who is also a National Rifle Association member.

"These actions are unconstitutional abuses of the president’s and executive branch’s role in our nation’s constitutional architecture and exceed the powers of the president as set forth in the U.S. Constitution,”

Obama was right about one thing Americans will cling to their guns.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 06:21 AM
link   
I was born and grew up in American yet I still find America to be a very odd place. I don`t support any of the Capitalist parties but I do see the insane logic of America in full display

It goes something like this: Executive orders to bomb and invade other sovereign nations for the purpose of expanding and maintaining the US Empire is good. Executive order to attempt to prevent known mentally unstable violent people from gaining access to firearms is an evil thing.
edit on 22-1-2016 by freedomwv because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
He has threatened to do this many times.

WASHINGTON (AP) -- President Barack Obama's advisers are finalizing a proposal that would expand background checks on gun sales without congressional approval.

hosted.ap.org...

I really can't believe a sitting American president would try this.

White House adviser Valerie Jarrett says the president has asked his team to complete a proposal and submit it for his review "in short order." She says the recommendations will include measures to expand background checks

If you think gun sales were big on black friday they will be huge when the general public gets wind of this.

You can't believe that a sitting American President wants to close loopholes that will keep Americans safe?

The gun show loophole for background checks has always been baffling.

I'm surprised that the NRA, who CLAIMS to be all about gun safety, doesn't fully support this. But then, we all know that the NRA is really just a puppet of the gun manufacturers.

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join