It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Changing national gun laws without congress???

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 07:38 PM
link   
He has threatened to do this many times.

WASHINGTON (AP) -- President Barack Obama's advisers are finalizing a proposal that would expand background checks on gun sales without congressional approval.

hosted.ap.org...

I really can't believe a sitting American president would try this.

White House adviser Valerie Jarrett says the president has asked his team to complete a proposal and submit it for his review "in short order." She says the recommendations will include measures to expand background checks

If you think gun sales were big on black friday they will be huge when the general public gets wind of this.

(post by Siddharta removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 07:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Siddharta
POST REMOVED BY STAFF

You sound like a communist.... camps for those that don't agree with you.
edit on Thu Dec 10 2015 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

He can try all he wants...those who saw this coming have already procured theirs.

gonna be mighty difficult to confiscate 400,000,000+ firearms from people who insist on keeping them and know how to use them.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Of course, I am a communist and I lead the army of Gremlins against you. How boring is that?

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 07:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Siddharta

Pssssst...he's closing Guantanamo.

(post by shooterbrody removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Right now I think it's now a tie between Erdogan and Obama of who is the craziest of them all.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 07:58 PM
link   

He can do as usual his executive orders crap but if they intrude in the constitutional rights of Americans the supreme court is going to slap him for it, specially when he is not passing laws and is going around congress.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 08:00 PM
link   
The source didn't mention the other part of calls for closing of "loopholes":

"Right now, people on the No-Fly list can walk into a store and buy a gun. That is insane. If you're too dangerous to board a plane, you're too dangerous, by definition, to buy a gun," he said in his weekly address. "And so I'm calling on Congress to close this loophole, now.

MSM Source

There was at least one person on this site who was put on the "no fly list", due to unjust ruling that can happen with the no fly list. That's where the concern lies, may want to look mroe into that-sorry, not sure if i can share more details but can search for it.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Where does it say anything about confiscate? There's nothing here worth getting in a tithy about. But considering that I happen to make alot of gun parts at my shop, go ahead, get all hot and bothered people...

a reply to: NewzNose

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake

That is because he is calling on congress to close the loopholes.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 08:11 PM
link   
a reply to: DuckforcoveR

Nothing about confiscate now, that will come later after he changes other parts of the law WITHOUT congress.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Why have people got a problem with background checks? I don't get it. Where is the problem with that?

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 08:15 PM
link   
OP, A lot of things have changed without Congress. If you think the C.O.T.US. means anything today, you're a day late and dollar short. Most of us real Americans purchased our "guns" around Billy boys time in the White Housing development.... Don't panic. It's going to happen. Be patient.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: lifecitizen

By federal "law" there is already "backround checks". What is it you don't get?

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 08:19 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: murphy22

Ok, what is the problem with expanded background checks then?

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: lifecitizen

I do not have a problem with it, if it is done properly. Those screaming for it can not get it past congress.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 08:21 PM
link   

I am simply not US citizen. And nobody else in this world would write such things.

Vote for Trump and go down the sink. It's time for a change.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join