It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Question For Gay People

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+22 more 
posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Ok....I NEED to open this with a disclaimer. I am asking these questions out of sincere curiosity. I am not homophobic, anti-gay, etc. I'm not a religious fanatic, nor am I an athiest. This is just something I've pondered a few times. I acknowledge that I am stereotyping a bit, but I mean no offense. Not painting all LGBT people with the same brush or labeling. Just a genuine curiosity...

Okay...So...Gay people. I need to know...

1. Since gay men desire other men (and it's safe to assume that these men with mutual desire would also desire men...) why do so many of you act feminine? We've all seen it. Feminine, flamboyant gestures, clothing styles, and even voices. You hear about people coming out of the closet and suddenly their voice changes. So...why does this happen? Yes I know that many gay men don't fit this pattern...but some do, so I want to know.

Funny side story...I know a gay man that looks like fricken Rambo. He's the most baddest guy you've ever seen. Ripped, rough, scary looking. You would crap your pants if you saw him in a dark alley. When he talks...its all Richard Simmons. It's the craziest thing to see.

2. Lesbians...same question, but reversed. What's with the masculine stuff? I know not all lesbians are "butch" but some are. So...if women are attracted to other women, why do they choose to look like men? Always wondered that...

3. So, for those people who cross dress or undergo some level of gender modification...Why? I guess it's the same question, but some people take it further. If you're a man, wanting other men, and you want these men to want you as a man, why make yourself womanly? And same for women..

Okay so...troll away at me. I don't care if you think I'm a homophobe for asking - I'm not. That's what ATS is for...asking things that pique our curiosity.

+10 more 
posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 07:18 PM
link   
This one..........................

is gonna be awesome.

+3 more 
posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: stolencar18

I know straight guys that are camp and straight girls that are butch...what's your point really?

People are people are...just that!

Your post just smacks of ignorance, sorry to sound blunt

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Yes, even in gay relationships there is like a masculine and feminine for want of better terms. May be there are some gay relationships where roles change, but the ones I have witnessed are very much conforming to gender stereotypes. Very fascinating.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: RoadCourse

I'm calling dibs on Sheldon's spot on the sofa!

+31 more 
posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 07:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: zerozero00

I know straight guys that are camp and straight girls that are butch...what's your point really?

Be fair, you can't call the OP ignorant. They are making enquiries that is all. That seems a bit steep. Why did you not just make your point, which is actually a good point, without undue dissing of the OP?

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 07:23 PM
link   

I'm not gay but, will answer on behalf of my sister who is. She's been gay as long as I've known her although she did have a marriage with a man and children. She'll be 82 in March!

2. Lesbians...same question, but reversed. What's with the masculine stuff? I know not all lesbians are "butch" but some are. So...if women are attracted to other women, why do they choose to look like men? Always wondered that...

I think some women are very "girly" and some aren't. My sister, for example, is a sewer, cooker, decorator...all that "typical" girl stuff.
Her S.O. is more masculine in the sense that she likes to do the "man" type stuff.
I know heterosexual people who are the same way. Girls that do "man" type things and have short hair and wear "guy" clothes. They are totally into men!
I can't speak for #1 or #2...

I think it's just people being who they are or who they want to be...
Hope that clarified a little...

edit on 7-12-2015 by TNMockingbird because: meant to add a smiley face cause I think you may get hammered!

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 07:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: NewzNose

Cool.
I'm patient.

But....

Move your meat,
Lose your seat.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 07:24 PM
link   
I had to look in and see this one. This is gonna be epic.

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 07:32 PM
link   
I'm going to try to give you a serious answer.

Science has found sexuality is very complicated. It is not just male-female. It is all shades of gray.

Current knowledge is that sexual orientation begins early in gestation. Also, the brain is very much involved in telling you who you are.

We are all variations of human. The body and brain are like a program of who we are.

There are many variations of heterosexuals. You're just more used to them and don't think about how different they are from each other.

+30 more 
posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 07:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Revolution9

Be fair, you can't call the OP ignorant. They are making enquiries that is all. That seems a bit steep. Why did you not just make your point, which is actually a good point, without undue dissing of the OP?
For better or worse, yours is probably going to be this single best reply on this thread.

Here you have a person that is sincerely asking questions because he/she SINCERELY DOESN'T KNOW OR UNDERSTAND and people are going to call him/her ignorant.... all while ignoring the fact that he/she is TRYING to have a better understanding.

edit on 7-12-2015 by eluryh22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 07:35 PM
link   
I don't really care. Honestly. I don't care. I really don't want to know what some other dude's weird sexual preference is.

+23 more 
posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Ignorance would be NOT to ask the questions. The OP is trying to learn.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: zerozero00

So you're saying that there is no clear change that many gay people make as I stated?

I know....you just couldn't resist throwing out an insult. Zip it unless you have something intelligent to say.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 07:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: HUMBLEONE
I don't really care. Honestly. I don't care. I really don't want to know what some other dude's weird sexual preference is.

Preference denotes you are making a choice.

Sexual orientation is inherent. Not a choice one makes.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Greetings- If You're asking out of genuine interest then 'good for You'..

This may help You in further investigation:

"Top" is the Yang or masculine acting.
"Bottom" is the 'Yin' or feminine principle..

Then You have what would be Timothy Bottom's brother, Top Bottom, who appreciates both principles this Self could be described as 'Bi'..

In the Hawaiian culture there are folks who Live/Act as both combined. (I'll let You find that on Your own...)

namaste

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Okay...lets be honest. I am ignorant. There? Happy? I just want to know. We all know that what I describe occurs quite regularly. I'm wondering why. I don't judge it. I think it's fine. I'm curious what motivates it.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Gay people prefer sex with same gender. Simple really. There are plenty of heterosexual people that have different tendencies than their gender, but they prefer sex with opposite genders. Stereo types have been the norm for many centuries, but the last 30 years has seen a change in what men can do without being labeled "queer" and there are things women can do without being labeled "masculine".

Sex with the same gender is the only thing that really qualifies someone to be "gay".

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: NewzNose

Sheldon left a "spot"? Ooo, Gross!

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 07:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: stolencar18
a reply to: Annee

Okay...lets be honest. I am ignorant. There? Happy? I just want to know. We all know that what I describe occurs quite regularly. I'm wondering why. I don't judge it. I think it's fine. I'm curious what motivates it.

The body and brain make you who you are. It's that simple.

Have gay men acted more "manly" to hide their orientation. Yes. It's a survival tool. Really no different then how one might dress for certain jobs ---- when their real persona is quite different.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join