It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The soul, the self & I

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: namelesss

Again: well then you obviously have a different opinion than i do.
Why would i listen to a condescending prick? Me is a entity made up of three different things. The soul, the self and the ego. If you don't agree that's fine but i wanted to discussions the conflict made up on these three. Not your opinion.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

Why would i listen to a condescending prick? Me is a entity made up of three different things. The soul, the self and the ego. If you don't agree that's fine but i wanted to discussions the conflict made up on these three. Not your opinion.

There is a fragment of the Gospel of Mary Magdalene (or so it is entitled). It is a Gnostic text where Jesus spoke secretively to Mary Magdalene,

"10) I said to Him, Lord, how does he who sees the vision see it, through the soul or through the spirit?

11) The Savior answered and said, He does not see through the soul nor through the spirit, but the mind that is between the two that is what sees the vision and it is [...]

(pages 11 - 14 are missing from the manuscript)"

read the whole thing here:
gnosis.org...

It is very similar to your concept which reminded me of this. I am not sure where that fragment really came from or if it is just another gnostic false account of Jesus' words, but it is an interesting and very ancient preserved text.
edit on 7-12-2015 by Revolution9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

Etymology of the word soul.
Gothic-saiwala-old English-sáwol (the principle of life in man or animals).
It might well have been derived from proto-germanic, saiwaz (meaning; sea)

As for the discussion, i would say that all three are one and the same aliveness.

edit on 7-12-2015 by earthling42 because: grammer

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 04:22 PM
link   

I'm going to jump in on this interaction between you and the other member who will remain nameless...

If you don't agree that's fine but i wanted to discussions the conflict made up on these three.

Fair enough.

Me is a entity made up of three different things. The soul, the self and the ego.

1) How do you personally define the Soul?

2) How do you personally define the Self?

3) How do you personally define the Ego?

4) What function or role does each play according to your beliefs?

5) How did you come to the conclusion that "an individual point of awareness" is structured (its metaphysical anatomy) is made up of "our own little trinities"?

In spiritual teachings you have to cross the gates.

1) Which spiritual teachings?

2) What do you mean by gates?

Each gate takes something from you and eventually your ego.

Again: What is the difference between "you" and "your ego"?

To transform to your true self. So your quest can be fullfilled and with your last breath your soul can reach a higher ground.

1) What do you mean by "true self"?

2) What do you mean by "higher ground"?

At the end of the day, metaphysical discussions such as this, are simply forms of mind entertainment (mental ping pong). If delving into this type of metaphysical philosophy excites you and adds practical value to your day to day existence, then I encourage you to continue. However, if your insight pertaining to these matters arise strictly from external means instead of knowledge of transcendence arrived at by interior intuitive means (spiritual gnosis/insight/introspection) then I encourage you not to become dogmatic about it and keep an open mind and heart. After all, beliefs are simply that - beliefs.

Knowing - is something else entirely. Try not to confuse the two.

Respectfully,

Involutionist

p.s - Google "Involution (esoterism)" and start from that sign post. More importantly: learn how to discover the truth of your Being via introspection. Or you can just say; "to hell with all the metaphysical mumbo jumbo" and "Just Be".

edit on 7-12-2015 by Involutionist because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 05:45 PM
link   

We are spirits.....light beings who manifested into a lower light sound and formed organic life.

The soul is by review only a condition given to human life via fall out.

The ancients by archaeological evidence (secrets of the ancient brotherhood - evidence today still secreted) nuked their own life....stone Temples with stone melt and other archaelogical evidence supports this condition, which is why it is ridiculed. Ridicule part of the brotherhood disinformation program.

The ancients used science which was concluded by their own human psyche/consciousness via somatic journeys and also holographic imagery "psychic vision" to gain information for scientific conversion of stone...to levitate stone.

The atmosphere had to change its light/sound to allow stone to levitate above its own natural fusion. Stone is naturally fused and does not levitate by its self. The ancient holographic information used to gain witness of stone levitation by atmospheric sound/light changes belongs to the origin Earth and its stone destruction, where stone levitation was first witnessed. This is why archaeological evidence found remains of human life inside of coal beds...for Earth was in origin incinerated.

The atmosphere therefore fell out as a condition relating to the human self. This how human beings "self combusted" and why in modern times, when nuclear atmospheric convering happened particular incidences of nuclear combustion attacks happened to individual human life.

The soul a condition of factoring of PHI, relating to the Biblical reasoning of David, if you cared to peruse the information.

Therefore of course the soul is a scientific religious factor, for science and religion caused it to fall out of the atmosphere due to the considerations of a natural human life causing fall out to occur.

The atmosphere since the ancient attack healed/cooled and therefore the soul keeps our natural life safe and living.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 08:19 PM
link   
"ego is fear driven"

Someone else corrected me in ATS saying there is no thing as hate, only fear. I have trouble equating one to the other but suspect that I am not seeing it clearly. Thanks for your thread, refreshing to remember what is really important.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: glend

Hate is a deep aversion, enmity, envy, this emotion does exist.
Hence there is question of 'hate speech' due to race, religion, sexual orientation, gender, nationality, ethnicity....

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 05:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Revolution9

I started reading the gnostic gospels, but haven't finished it yet. Very interesting!
It is were i got the idea from.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 05:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Involutionist

I am not looking for sthg beyond myself, just had a few moments which made it necessary to find me.
The gates are "sacrifices" i gave up all my belongings, my safety, my ego in order to spiritually survive, because i didn't want to be living in fear and hate. It was a personal journey guided by spirits.
It is part of an initiation, i believe. I learned a lot. But it would all be entirely irrelevant for you, because you seem to have chosen a different path.

I don't care about the daily survival things, god takes care of me. And it works, i get the things i truly need, freeing my self to keep my journey going on. I am not afraid anymore, because god has proven his existence to and through me.
That's my path, through suffering i found strength. Through hate i found love. Through despair i found hope.

All just empty words for you, but facts for me.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 06:32 AM
link   

lol dont even bother responding to that person they respond in a combative arrogant manner to nearly everyone on this website

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 10:29 PM
link   

I am not looking for sthg beyond myself

I got the impression that you were looking beyond yourself based on your philosophy:

To transform to your true self. So your quest can be fullfilled and with your last breath your soul can reach a higher ground.

just had a few moments which made it necessary to find me.

I can relate in my own way to that statement.

The gates are "sacrifices" i gave up all my belongings, my safety, my ego in order to spiritually survive, because i didn't want to be living in fear and hate

I admire your decision to do so and your honesty.

It is part of an initiation, i believe. I learned a lot. But it would all be entirely irrelevant for you, because you seem to have chosen a different path.

We each walk our own path. We each live by our own light. Here is something personal: As a kid, I used to fall into trances and had experiences that some would label mystical or spiritual (still do at times although not as frequently as before,) however; I personally don't label it as mystical or spiritual. Also, I don't care so much for, or try to seek those experiences. I find comfort in just living life - Just Be.

I don't care about the daily survival things, god takes care of me. And it works, i get the things i truly need, freeing my self to keep my journey going on.

In my own way - I get that. I personally call it possessing faith.

I am not afraid anymore, because god has proven his existence to and through me.

I feel you and happy to read that. I personally believe that in life one either feels comfortable or uncomfortable. How I choose to define or determine what the cause of either is and how I get to each polarity - is a personal matter. At the end of the day, I either feel comfortable or uncomfortable - everything else is an abstraction. I personally aim to tip the scale to more comfortable than uncomfortable.

That's my path, through suffering i found strength. Through hate i found love. Through despair i found hope.

I once walked a similar path. Hitting rock bottom gives wings to fly...

All just empty words for you, but facts for me.

You assume too much, my friend.

I have no doubt you can relate to these words from the beautiful ego named Elisabeth Kübler-Ross who once walked this Earth:

It was a personal journey guided by spirits.

I would like to know more about this. If you could kindly elaborate it would be great.

edit on 8-12-2015 by Involutionist because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Yes, dear... *__-

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 01:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: dreamlotus1111

lol dont even bother responding to that person they respond in a combative arrogant manner to nearly everyone on this website

Ooooh, a boycott!
Another ruffled ego, child? *__-

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 02:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Involutionist

That's a beautiful quote, thanks!
I chose the word spirits, but could have just as well said intuition, some say angels others aliens. I started meditating and found guidance, i took some herbs and found a conscience bigger than mine.
I believe our soul is the part connected with Gaia and it can feel strange when the self suddenly sees one can communicate with every living thing. That's why so many egos start claiming to be Jesus, or Lucifer, or are under surveillance. The connection and the coincidences can be confusing.
But i like gnosis a lot lately. The unseen ones, archons and all that, non-material beings just as at home here on Earth as we are. Souls without a body.
the secret book of John

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 03:29 AM
link   

I have come to teach you
About what is
And what was
And what will be
In order for you to understand
The invisible world
And the world that is visible
And the immovable race of perfect humanity.
www.gnosis.org...
Right here and right now - which is always and everywhere - is the invisible unmoving 'world' - it is ever present.
Right here and right now is the visible moving 'world'.
These seaming two are one.

That which is moving can be seen now and heard now. But that which is seeing and hearing is invisible and is immovable.
Can you see what is seeing? Can you hear what is hearing? It is always here but gets overlooked.

edit on 11-12-2015 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

Again with the simplification? I mean sure Russia, China, US, etc are part of one mankind. But there is still conflict.
The same goes for almost everything. With your logic there is no point in talking or thinking about anything. All is one all is now, that just works when you see detachement from everything as meaning of life. I don't, i want to learn and evolve so i need to see understand and accept the conflicts.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Again with the simplification? I mean sure Russia, China, US, etc are part of one mankind. But there is still conflict.
The same goes for almost everything. With your logic there is no point in talking or thinking about anything. All is one all is now, that just works when you see detachement from everything as meaning of life. I don't, i want to learn and evolve so i need to see understand and accept the conflicts.

You believe you have to learn so you can evolve to become the best you can be - you have bought into the assumption that you are not enough - that you have something missing or lacking - you don't feel worthy so you feel the drive to evolve.
At the end of the evolving you hope you will feel better - it is the same with every individual. Every individual is seeking for relief, hoping that they can find the magic cure. Each hope they can get it from someone or from something and all things will let them down - things will never bring that peace that surpasses all understanding.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 11:23 AM
link   

it is the same with every individual. Every individual is seeking for relief, hoping that they can find the magic cure. Each hope they can get it from someone or from something and all things will let them down - things will never bring that peace that surpasses all understanding.

I am not seeking relief, or a magic cure. I have no expectation from things or others. You generalise too much in your assumptions.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: midicon
You (the individual) take 'things' personally.
The person buys into 'things'.

edit on 11-12-2015 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 11:30 AM
link   

I don't buy into anything, nor do I generalise.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join