It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The soul, the self & I

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

No. It comes with more pain and in the end there won't be a feel good cure, there will be death.
That's why you chose detachment.
I just see myself as part of the whole which tries to contribute instead of just "let it happen". Which is funny if your theory would be true, why would you need to advertise it so much, wouldn't it be obvious to everybody?
But it is not, i am on a mission, you say it just happens, yet you are the missionary...

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: midicon

it is the same with every individual. Every individual is seeking for relief, hoping that they can find the magic cure. Each hope they can get it from someone or from something and all things will let them down - things will never bring that peace that surpasses all understanding.

I am not seeking relief, or a magic cure. I have no expectation from things or others. You generalise too much in your assumptions.

I don't believe you.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

That's why you chose detachment.

You assume that I am detached from life - there is just life - no one to be attached or detached.

I just see myself as part of the whole which tries to contribute instead of just "let it happen".
Life is happening - there isn't anyone who can prevent it or make it happen - this is life - it is happening.

edit on 11-12-2015 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 11:49 AM
link   

I can, or not. Using a condom, or not. Tada! New life! Or not, all is a decission.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Which is funny if your theory would be true, why would you need to advertise it so much, wouldn't it be obvious to everybody?

What 'theory' do you believe I am promoting (advertising)?

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 11:51 AM
link   

I can, or not. Using a condom, or not. Tada! New life! Or not, all is a decission.

Using a condom will not prevent life - I think you are missing the point entirely.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Itisnowagain

originally posted by: midicon

it is the same with every individual. Every individual is seeking for relief, hoping that they can find the magic cure. Each hope they can get it from someone or from something and all things will let them down - things will never bring that peace that surpasses all understanding.

I am not seeking relief, or a magic cure. I have no expectation from things or others. You generalise too much in your assumptions.

I don't believe you.

It really doesn't matter if you believe me or not.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Yes it does. It is called contraceptive for a reason.
Your theory is all is just one big conscience everything is just happening, no one is in control... Right? That's all i got from your posts, but please enlighten me? But not with vids, can't watch them!

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Ponder this, you yourself had to 'find out' that which you preach in this and other threads.
This 'finding out' is the process of 'learning', it has nothing to do with 'to evolve' and 'becoming'.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Which is funny if your theory would be true, why would you need to advertise it so much, wouldn't it be obvious to everybody?

The assumption there is that I am trying to sell you something. The assumption is that 'I am advertising' - when really there is just the one expressing.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: earthling42
Ponder this, you yourself had to 'find out' that which you preach in this and other threads.
Do you see preaching?

This 'finding out' is the process of 'learning', it has nothing to do with 'to evolve' and 'becoming'.

What needs to be learned? And what is it that needs 'finding out'?

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Sure you alone speak for the one, that is all.... Everybody else isn't?
You are not expressing, you are repeating and pushing. Maybe the one wants you to accept your responsibility for your actions, plus the many conflicting facets the one is made of?

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 12:18 PM
link   

You are not expressing, you are repeating and pushing. Maybe the one wants you to accept your responsibility for your actions, plus the many conflicting facets the one is made of?

What actions do you believe I should be responsible for?
Do you believe that I am bad and must be good?

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 12:23 PM
link   

The present is arising as vision and sound - the one expressing.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Do i know what you do all day long? No. Do i care? Not really.
I believe in conflicts, there is no good without evil.
What is the point why do you write here at all? Because you don't think the soul is seperated?

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple
Soul to me is sole - alone - all one.

The sea was mentioned in a prior post as another word for soul.

The one ocean is waving - the waves can believe they are doing the moving but really the ocean is waving.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Itisnowagain

The present is arising as vision and sound - the one expressing.

That's exactly where you are wrong. If you kill your child it was you. The one is all is just an underlaying force, a metaphor for the cosmic connection between all living things.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 12:33 PM
link   

The sole is also a fish. You're a fish not a wave.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple
The present is arising as vision and sound - the one expressing as what is actually appearing.

That's exactly where you are wrong.

Can you see and hear? Is there a vision appearing where you are? This text is appearing, sound is appearing - all you will ever know is what is appearing presently.
Can you 'know' that which is 'knowing'?

The true self is the invisible never changing presence which is seeing the ever moving and changing presence - there is just presence - nothing can happen outside of presence - it is what there is - just this.
This is always this but this constantly appears different.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 12:40 PM
link   

You are missing my point entirely.

Preaching; 'to proclaim'.

Your answer to peeple is dripping with 'i know', hence you preach what you claim to know.
Obviously, that which you know did not just drop out of the sky into your head.
Two possiblities, either you merely repeat what you have picked up from others, or you have learned through finding out for yourself.

It is not that difficult to understand is it?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join