It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Not only mars, but Space is an elaborate lie

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: sociolpath
I have spent thousands of hours trying to understand math.

I think I see the problem here. You need a tutor. Find someone who can explain this to you where it makes sense. I promise you, at one point, it will all click and become instantly clear. You are intimidated because you don't understand the terminology. I had the same issue with geometry. But I didn't ask. I didn't want to look stupid. So I got an F and looked stupid anyway. Then I had a fantastic teacher who was able to explain things in real world ways that made sense.

And space is real. without light pollution, you can see it. And what you see is just a tiny, tiny part of it. Space, you don't need to grasp just yet, but math is worth learning. Don't be afraid to ask for help.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 02:06 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

"...pinholes in the curtain of night"- Ramirez.

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 09:32 PM
link   
[Snip]
edit on 12/28/2015 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2018 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Especially love this vid from 6.24.....so funny.
Now that's entertainment!

edit on 31-8-2018 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2018 @ 12:12 PM
link   
When people cannot understand they often move to magic as an explanation.

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 05:19 AM
link   
If its all fake then why did paramount make ten startrek movies.

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 07:15 AM
link   
a reply to: sociolpath

Don't know what it is but there is something "they" hide for us and isn't the way we are taught and told. Maybe the absolute truth is one of those secrets coveted by the upper regions of the freemasons. Knowledge is power...power is money.

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Well the moon missions seem to have been faked, I have also studied the conspiracy theory that there are no sattelites, and there is a lot of intriguing mystery there.

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: CB328

When I first started to research some of these ridiculous claims and the first oddities started to popup I remember saying to myself.. Why can it not just be the way we are taught and is it the way everybody knows it is... Now I must watch myself what I say and to whom I am saying it.

Not that I have so much to loose but I completely understand that people with responsible jobs can ruine their carreers advertising some of the more controversial conspiracies out there,...and therefore denie or keep their conclusins for themselves. I believe that such dangers like losing their credibilliy or respect by their peers is the strenght that keeps the lie alive.

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 11:48 AM
link   
It's far more likely we're not supposed to focus on anything other than " ourselves " and that is why much past the earth is so distant...

Sometimes, the most obvious answer, is the most simplistic

More you think about it, the more you realize, mentally we might be ok, but emotionally, many are far from such.

What if you're here to " get better ".

---

The level of effort involved for things to be faked wouldn't equal the expected outcome, nor the sustainable rewards, there needs to be a sustainable reward for such effort to be exhausted continuously, or else, more is going in than is coming out all together. Even burning leaves transfers the leaves to smoke, you get what you put in, even while you get rid of it.

---

I'd beg to argue that a divine training ground is around you, how you decide to train, is up to you, even knuckleheads goto the gym to pick up women.

---

Stop thinking about things as you were " programmed " too, and feel the truth, then research the hell outta it while working on your own self.
edit on 2-9-2018 by Tranceopticalinclined because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: sociolpath

Removed: Not worth my time.
edit on 2/9/2018 by Badams because: See Above

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 08:27 AM
link   
suns are stars, stars are suns. ours just happens to be called Sol.

Stars like planets, people, fish, trees and rocks come in all shapes and sizes.

A rottweiler is not a chihuahua. But both are dogs.

Not to dismiss your opinion OP. You are entitled to it. But I disagree.
For me the current popular science view on the matter holds true until we have evidence to the contrary.
And as time goes on and we learn, what we know will change and be corrected.

In a way the universe does change as our perception, our knowledge of it, changes.

Then again reality is just a matter of perception when you think about it.
You'll never experience reality form my perspective. Even if we witness the same event, we'll witness it from different positions.

And while we know a lot about stuff, there is a vast amount more we do not yet know and possibly never will.

Life and existence is a mystery to all. None of us have all the answers.

But I do think if I went to Saturn I would find a planet with a ring around it and a hexagonal pole.
Not a what every you think it is.

We're such unbelievably tiny insignificant things inside a infinitely large and incomprehensible universe.
Less than a speck of dust.
Gotta say we do a pretty good job of keeping our # together overall knowing that.

You look at the universe in whatever way helps your mind process it.
If it takes pink unicorns farting the big bang into a glittery existence. Then so be it.
As long as it's not hurting anyone it's all good.

edit on 3-9-2018 by AtomicKangaroo because: had to embed dark magics and spirit traps in post. you have been warned. The FSM will get you if you read this.

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 09:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: CB328
Well the moon missions seem to have been faked, I have also studied the conspiracy theory that there are no sattelites, and there is a lot of intriguing mystery there.

You mean you watched some videos on YouTube made by idiots?

The "satellites are fake" thing must be one of the most bonkers things going.

I remember one "argument" for the ISS being fake was because astronauts could not go outside for spacewalks because at the speed the ISS is travelling at they would be ripped away by the force of the wind. In space. I mean, just how dumb is that?

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 03:24 PM
link   

One man's intrigue is another man's folly...

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Then what am I looking at when I see satellites and the ISS in the sky?

Don't say "balloon or holographic projection", because that explanation does not stand up under scrutiny. That is, if what I see as the ISS or other satellite wasn't really 250 to 400 miles up, but really just some low-altitude balloon of holographic projection off the atmosphere, then the location in the sky relative to two different observers would belie what parallax is telling them.

For example, a person in, say, New York City and a person in Toronto can see the ISS at the same time; that's because it is high enough. Each of those two observers can note where the ISS is above their respective horizons and use parallax and a little trigonometry to figure out its altitude.

Satellite spotting websites such as "heavens above" give people the location in the sky and times that satellites and the ISS will make visible passes. And like I said, some of those passes are visible from two locations at the same time. Please explain how that would work (how would heavens above's locations data be accurate in multiple locations on Earth for a single ISS pass) if the ISS wasn't really an object 250 miles up?

edit on 10/9/2018 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Thank you for bringing this up OP, as you can see, there is an agenda here at ATS, you can talk about little grey aliens in DULCE base or any other asinine theory, and you will be met with open arms, but as soon as you bring up this subject, you will get brigaded, each and every time.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Wow, there is so much wrong with OP that it's tough to figure out where to start.

Keep on believing what you believe, and we'll just keep believing science.

Enjoy ignorance.

What's amazing to me is that so many people are willing to believe in so much stuff that's been disproven for centuries, thanks to postings they read on the internet.

We have the entirety of human knowledge available on a device that fits in our pocket, and this is how we choose to use it.

I weep for humanity.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: qwertygod1

Not part of any "brigade" but generally speaking if you come on here and spout utter bollox you can expect to get taken to task. Not part of any agenda, just human nature.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: oldcarpy
a reply to: qwertygod1

Not part of any "brigade" but generally speaking if you come on here and spout utter bollox you can expect to get taken to task. Not part of any agenda, just human nature.

Quite.

And many of us are not just giving empty reasons why the OP's ideas are incorrect, but we are backing them up with corroborative information (more than the OP's inaccurate information).

For example, in a post above, I didn't only say that the ISS (International Space Station) can be seen by the naked eye, but I gave a valid reason why the public can in fact verify that the ISS is 250+ miles up.

The OP said things like this:

originally posted by: sociolpath
The moon is obvious through binoculars but it is impossible to determine its correct distance.

This is not a valid statement. it is NOT impossible for anyone (with the help of a friend) to determine the distance of the moon.

The ancient Greeks did it 2000 years ago, and they did it through parallax -- i.e., two people observing the position of the Moon in the sky from two distant locations on Earth. (By the way, that's the same way the altitude of the ISS can be determined).

It doesn't take magic or the blind faith in what NASA tells us to know the Moon is 240,000 +/- miles away. It simply takes some observations that regular normal people can do, plus some moderately basic math.

I mean, despite what 'qwertygod' implies, I'm not part of any organized brigade. I simply see inaccuracies in what people proclaim, and I give evidence and logical reasons to correct those inaccuracies.

I mean, "Deny Ignorance"...right? If some person makes the bold (and wrong) claim that the distance to the Moon is impossible to determine, or that there are no satellites in space, or that the thermosphere is so hot it would melt most metals, I will explain to ATS why those claims are wrong in order to not have those claims be thought of by others as being true.

edit on 28/9/2018 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join