It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Not only mars, but Space is an elaborate lie

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: sociolpath

We can't put anything in orbit?.
Put hello kitty in space in google ans and watch.
Or are they faking it also?.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I think he is an alien that warns us ...

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 01:58 PM
link   
All I will say is that with 30+ years working in the aerospace industry with actual physical spacecraft components (not in computer simulations or accounting), our government and more recently private corporations have spent A LOT of money on stuff that according to you must go straight to a landfill somewhere. And that's just here in the U.S. - what about the great "space race" of the 60's? We just made that up with our pals in the U.S.S.R.? What about all of the other countries that have jumped on the bandwagon too... why?

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Oh for the love of........

After reading the OP and responses by the OP, it should be pretty obvious what this thread is:

So math is wrong....but you don't understand math. Right. Because people who do not understand something apparently have some super ability to figure out that it is "wrong".....even though they do not understand it.

Riiiiiight.

So all the math and science is wrong. I guess every single piece of electronics you are using, including the device you use to log on to ATS and post was all created from magic!

CGI was being used, even before there was any such thing as CGI! Wow!

There is not anything in orbit! Okay, so all of our GPS devices are......what? Using "magic" too?

Guess those imaginary weather satellites are up there with all the imaginary communications satellites....and in reality, we're all having fake phone calls!

Who knew?

Oh, and because you apparently do not know how to use some rather simple optical devices like a telescope, and are not able to see other planets like Mars, Jupiter, Saturn and Venus (all very easy to see in a cheap and small telescope by the way), they must all be fake.

Riiiiiiight.

I was going to simply forgo this thread, but then I noticed it was 7 pages long......Must be a lot of bored ATS members to even bother replying! So, yah, had to get my post in too.

Just remember: Obvious troll thread is obvious......

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: TerminalVelocity

I'll add the Old School

"You fail it-your troll skill is not enough-see you next time-bye bye"

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

Really you can put things in space with a balloon??? is that your final answer?

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74
If you worked on growing a brain instead of overarms you would know that balloons cant reach space.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Maybe this?

carbonatoms.wordpress.com...

I don't know if I can fully agree or even understand what she is saying but I get the general jist. I mean she has one point - a rather large one that is many times overlooked. What we know today is not what we know tomorrow and not what we knew yesterday.

Her example of the "light" puts that in perspective. In less then 30 years we changed from an "particle" to a "wave" to describe "light" - and always it was "that's it - 100% - absolute". In 5 years from now we may discover that light is something completely different.

The key is that our understanding changes on a daily basis. I first was reading the OP and thought what a bunch of BS but now he/she got me thinking and I may get the angle - or even created a new one - that the OP didn't even intended to do.

I doubt that the meaning of "real" and "reality" will ever change but it might be transformed into a new understanding.

But I also doubt that this will happen during my life time.. so it doesn't really matter if space is real or not because right now it is real.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to: sociolpath

As a catographic scientist who worked on all the 'Apollo Lunar Landing missions' and with a degree in math; I can assure you that we landed on the moon.

However the fact is that the moon is made of Swiss like Cheese, with crater holes all over, but is a bit crunchy.

Another little know fact is that Mars is made of candy.

Fleas live on Pluto.

And of course we all know what Uranus is made of.

Deny ignorance ...nah, it is too much fun.
edit on 1-12-2015 by lunarcartographer because: sp

edit on 1-12-2015 by lunarcartographer because: add

edit on 1-12-2015 by lunarcartographer because: ad

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 03:49 PM
link   
What I found funny about your post OP, was that it resembles to a "T" what arguments from the UFO debunkers look like, and sound like. I know there is no way you actually believe all that BS you just shoveled into the street though!

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: lunarcartographer

I see you have a very interesting career to talk about, yet have never made a thread here. I'd love to read about your experiences and feelings as lunar missions unfolded. Thread please, and nice if you could answer questions on it. Pretty cool, thanks for your contributions to the space program.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Curious69
a reply to: boymonkey74
If you worked on growing a brain instead of overarms you would know that balloons cant reach space.

Well, you could try putting the OP in space, in one of them thar rockets..it might just work!

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Eh!

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Op... lol.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 09:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Curious69
a reply to: Akragon

Really you can put things in space with a balloon??? is that your final answer?

Yeah final answer... not outer space, but far enough out to clearly see the curvature of the earth

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 10:46 PM
link   
I came to ATS because I have ideas about the world and life that humans in my surrounding areas do not agknowlwge or they don't want to talk to me if I tell them. I was thinking at least some people on here would think this is a great theory based on what can be proven not what people you do not know tell you.

Now everyone on here is calling me stupid in many differwnt ways because you do not accept my ideas. I thought this was a place to present new or personal theories about what we have observed in the surrounding areas.

I have created other threads with other theories about life and the world and some of them humens here on ats have found interesting perspective in it.

Now because I post a theory that space is a lie everyone on here attacks me and calls me stupid. I have read all of the encyclopedias when I was 9, and every day do more research on the internet. When you see so much data there is a new perspective to be seen.

I don't see why almost every response to this post is hateful or making fun.

I had to cross the state but now I am going to see if anyone has truly posted anything in response to the theory. Not my intellect.

I don't care about being incredibly school intelligent like most you only care about, I want to know the truth and if I can't learn math, I have to find other ways to find the truth. How is that so wrong?

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 10:53 PM
link   

ATS is made up of a LOT of very intelligent people and many of them come from professional backgrounds that your OP of this thread mostly said: you're all fake and everything is wrong.

This is not like some internet forums where you can just post what you want. It's a place where debates and discussions happen. However, if you insist on coming here and posting things like you have in your OP here, then yes, you are going to get a lot of back lash over it.

There is nothing wrong with wanting to find the truth.
There is a lot wrong with taking very well established things or facts and declaring them fake or wrong....while also saying you do not understand any of them.

Want to know the truth? Ask.

But then you need to read and keep an open mind. Completely disregarding whatever we post here, simply because you may not under stand the math/science in it is being just as closed minded as you are accusing people here of being.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 11:19 PM
link   

There is a member here, Ngchunter, who has photographed the ISS through his telescope...

The solar panels and modules can be made out quite easily.

There is another person, not a member here, who has a very intricate solar telescope set up, he can get ridiculous shots of the sun, including sunspots. Every now and then he'd catch the ISS passing in front, in the past with a shuttle attached too.

You wonder why people are calling you names? Maybe it's because what you're saying is utter nonsense.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Look, I'm sorry that people have been 'mean' to you, but you have to accept that just because you do not understand maths, does not mean that they are not 'true'...

It is as simple as this: If you have 2 apples and I give you 3 more apples, you now have 5 apples -

- you cannot deny the truth that 2 + 3 = 5

All maths, no matter how complicated are based in taking specific things (like the apples) and seeing their numbers, and then working out the answer that the numbers tells you about those specific things...

...so, if you do not want to be considered 'stupid', you have got to accept that maths describe truth.

Now, there is nothing wrong with being unable to "learn math", because as long as you accept the 'truth of math' - which is just an absolute proven fact beginning from thousands of years ago - you can find lots of books by scientists who know how to explain "the truth" of all kinds of 'math proven' science in ways that don't require an understanding of math.

But please do not use the internet to try and educate yourself - there is just too much garbage mixed in with legitimate sources, and believe me, there are even some highly educated people who can't tell the difference.

If you really want to "find the truth" about the universe you will need to start at the beginning -

- go to a library and talk to someone on the staff who can point you in the direction of materials that are written at a level you can understand -

- you might want to first ask for help finding books which will help you understand 'why' we can trust math for the truth (explain to the librarian that you don't want to 'learn' math, you want a simple book which can help you understand the history of maths and why they are trustworthy in helping us understand how reality 'works')

You know, the quickest way for anyone to start down the path toward learning the truth, is the willingness to accept new ideas and admit to being mistaken about a strong opinion..

I think it is great that you are so interested in learning - that is a rare trait among young people these days...

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 12:51 AM
link   
For same reason I get the OP. I think he wrote it a bit too clumsy but his general idea really made me think today.

I think he has a point that needs to be thought about that what we see, taste, feel and comprehend might be insignificant in the future. Can't believe I write this because I am the last person to go into a world of hocus pocus and spirituality.

But I don't think that's it. I think that our understanding will change as time and knowledge progresses and we might find ourselves living in an environment that doesn't necessarily comply with our current state of mind.

I don't believe that the Universe doesn't "exists" but our definition of it might - actually will - change.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join