It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Robert Dear is a Christian Terrorist

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 11:36 PM
link   
a reply to: HighFive

For me anyway, your last sentence sums it up.

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 11:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Wookiep

I see it everyday, not just here on ats. Its like millions of Americans would love to see any white conservative, especially white christian conservatives either tried as terrorists or given the death penalty. It's hard to see, with all their hate which one they would prefer. # is going crazy around here latetly.

These are the same people who preach against 'hate' everyday, but have zero capacity to look inside and see their very own incredible hatred toward fellow human beings.

It has absolutely nothing to do with "hating" anyone. I'm afraid of religious extremists. Period. I'm not advocating drone strikes, databases or even monitoring "certain churches." What I am promoting is awareness by dragging these things out into the light exposing them for what they are.

Meanwhile, these same people, many atheists, almost make some type of life goal to defend muslims..when we quite literally see countless deaths and acts of terrorism daily from people who are proclaimed muslims, every damn day. But still they cant stop spewing their vitriol toward anything and everything 'christian' because ALL christians are evil white, ring wing vile people.

That's me? Why don't you look through my posting history and show where I attack Christians. I'm married to one. I was raised by two (and I'm white and I was raised by moderate Republicans in the deep south). I read scripture at my mom's funeral mass in January and at my mother-in-law's in the spring. This isn't about Christianity, it's about RELIGIOUS EXTREMISM.

I am particularly concerned about two groups of extremists who are often presented as polar opposites but who do in fact share a common apocalyptic goal — global holy war. I'm of course talking about extreme fundamentalist varieties of Islam and Christianity.

Pretending like it's impossible to make a distinction between Christian extremists and Christians as a whole is merely an attempt to excuse the minority with their extremists ideology by conflating them with the majority. Stopping these crazies (both would be "sides") from initiating an all out war is a battle with many fronts and a pronounced difference is that nobody has been ignoring the Muslim extremists.
edit on 2015-11-30 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 11:40 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

We have a candidate climbing in the polls who is described by his own radical father as the 'anointed king' of a handful of confederated Christian extremist sects who are obsessed with actively seeking the fulfillment of their interpretation of end times prophecy. If they can successfully elect enough of their fellow radicals, we could be looking at global warfare. In the meantime, just like with any burgeoning religious extremist movement, we can expect to see more radicalizing and more people putting action to words.

I admit it sounds paranoid to me. The Middle East is burning; we have no idea what is going to happen over there even tomorrow; we are up to our asses in alligators every where we turn, and you are seriously experiencing anxiety and obvious fear over a handful of American Christians rising up with such power they are able to create global warfare?

Wow! It's quite a stretch, isn't it? Let me answer that for you. Yes. Yes, it is.

edit on 11/30/2015 by ladyinwaiting because: removed annoying colors

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 11:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

I'm not doing any such thing and I won't be cowed by your politically correct victim-playing tactics.

and there are atheists who sell drugs, kill people and they dont believe in religion so they are atheist terrorists obviously

Any atheist who commits a crime is an atheist terrorist and makes every atheist a criminal.

Whoa, dont I sound stupid

Where are all them kilt wearers

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 11:43 PM
link   

I've never heard such claptrap crap as this post and others that you have posted. You just ooze hatred of Christians and anyone that might think differently than you. Quite frankly, I think YOU are as deranged as Dear and would gladly do away with conservatives and Christians if you thought you could get away with it.

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 11:44 PM
link   

It has absolutely nothing to do with "hating" anyone. I'm afraid of religious extremists. Period.

It's obvious you are fearful and I really think you should calm down. The religious zealot you referred to will never be in office. We will always maintain separation of church and state.

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 11:45 PM
link   

But you called him a Christian Terrorist o the one hand and now say "violent extremism isn't the exclusive domain..." You are confusing me. The cab driver thread was mine, by the way.

See my ETA regarding "Christian Terrorist." I will look harder, but I haven't really seen that a whole lot so far.

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 11:48 PM
link   
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

Just an FYI - This is what they are pushing.

www.patheos.com...

Christian terrorism is a bigger threat to U.S. freedom than Islamic extremism

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 11:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

That's insane. Not much else can be said, but anyone who thinks that way needs their head examined.

edit on 1-12-2015 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 12:02 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

I see. The biggest threat is not Islam, but is "right under our noses". Interesting. It sounds like the atheist are the ones who want to start a war.

In fact,after reading that, it seems one of the greatest things we should fear is radical, extreme atheism!!

I hate all these different groups are trying to turn us all against each other. Well. Good job! I wish we could turn this around. Back to the days when we all drank out of the same garden hose at the park, and didn't talk about religion at all.
It wasn't necessary. We did what we did, and we didn't talk it to death.

edit on 12/1/2015 by ladyinwaiting because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 12:04 AM
link   

I admit it sounds paranoid to me. The Middle East is burning; we have no idea what is going to happen over there even tomorrow; we are up to our asses in alligators every where we turn, and you are seriously experiencing anxiety and obvious fear over a handful of American Christians rising up with such power they are able to create global warfare?

Wow! It's quite a stretch, isn't it? Let me answer that for you. Yes. Yes, it is.

Read what you just said carefully and think about how much of a stretch it isn't.

The Middle East is burning; we have no idea what is going to happen over there even tomorrow; we are up to our asses in alligators every where we turn

What better time? Half the public believes that we're already in a one-sided holy war and some huge number of those people also seem convinced that refugees are arriving on our shores who are the vanguard of a massive coordinated attack. We're weighing various military options now, where will be in a year?

It's not a handful. It's millions. There are MILLIONS of voters and BILLIONS of collars tied up in American politics by religious extremists. They get people elected regularly and they have expectations. If you don't believe that's influence, then you clearly don't believe that corruption of government is even possible.

I'd say getting their 'anointed king' elected President of the United States would be a fairly large step. Manufacturing consent, as recent history clearly demonstrates, is unfortunately an all too easy thing to accomplish. The Bush Administration basically managed it with a single lie about WMDs.
edit on 2015-12-1 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Must we always put labels on everything???
All that does is divide people into groups

Just say it like it is....some crazy white dude flipped out and stormed Planned Parent hood, killing 3 injuring 9 others
Details are still unknown at this time

And leave it at that.....

What is the purpose to say "Christian" or "Republican" other than to inflame the issue when there is no need to

Nothing like a bunch of people playing analyzers over an incident that the last I heard this morning, details from those involved in the case, said are still sketchy

And no, the so-called talking head experts on MSM do not count
All they are doing is giving their own views on the case

Just my 2 cents worth

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 12:16 AM
link   

What better time? Half the public believes that we're already in a one-sided holy war and some huge number of those people also seem convinced that refugees are arriving on our shores who are the vanguard of a massive coordinated attack. We're weighing various military options now, where will be in a year?

But see, I think what you're not getting, or overlooking, is that IT IS a one-sided holy war. WE are not fighting a holy war. I guess in a way, we are fighting against a holy war.

The Bush Administration basically managed it with a single lie about WMDs.

You are right about Bush, but at least now I see where you're going with this. But it's like an idea on STEROIDS, and I think you are overly concerned. You are still talking about a 'click' of fundamentalists, who outside the Bushes, are essentially powerless.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 12:16 AM
link   

It has absolutely nothing to do with "hating" anyone. I'm afraid of religious extremists. Period. I'm not advocating drone strikes, databases or even monitoring "certain churches." What I am promoting is awareness by dragging these things out into the light exposing them for what they are.

What would you like that "awareness" to accomplish? In medicine, they promote "cancer awareness" presumably (*cough*) in the interest of finding a cure.

Do you want to see people cured of their Christianity so they'll no longer shoot up abortion clinics?

It sounds ridiculous, but it's a serious question. What do you hope to accomplish by "promoting awareness"?

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 12:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

Just an FYI - This is what they are pushing.

www.patheos.com...

lol, yeah cause I remember when a youth group from a Christian church boarded 4 planes and killed 3,000 people. Oh and remember the time the 2 Christians kids bombed a bunch of people at a marathon. I also remember when Christians killed 150 in a coordinated attack in Paris...oh wait, nvm.

But wait, the Crusades and the Inquisition! That's the proof Christians are evil! We need to kill them all and don't mind the hypocrisy and Irony of me saying that!

/sarcasm

I especially love this:

Little is known about the attacker at this time, but in the United States, we do know there is historically only one group of people who attack abortion clinics; Christians.

I know exactly nothing, but Christians did it! Get them!

Udder (yes, pun about cattle) lunacy, the times are getting very crazy indeed.
edit on 1-12-2015 by Chillimac because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 12:19 AM
link   

I wouldnt say either is more then the next. They both happen rarely in the states. They seem to go tit for tat to me.

Love how rhetoric can't be blamed here but yet the blm 'rhetoric' is causing all back people to hate and kill cops.
But hey guess it is different somehow.
edit on stTue, 01 Dec 2015 00:37:35 -0600America/Chicago1220153580 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 12:23 AM
link   

It's not a handful. It's millions. There are MILLIONS of voters and BILLIONS of collars tied up in American politics by religious extremists.

I don't think so, I really don't. And when the Bushes left, that money, power and influence partially left. We are getting rid of it. One more to go, and people don't seem to be buying what he's selling.

*The Bushes really are in a class of their own.

edit on 12/1/2015 by ladyinwaiting because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Why is the argument "He is a terrorist" vs. "He is a nut" and not about the fact that these mass attacks happen so often?

This seems like a somewhat silly argument about labels.

A guy with a gun and an idea kills a room full of people...what label to put on him seems the least important thing to be debating.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 12:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther

What would you like that "awareness" to accomplish? In medicine, they promote "cancer awareness" presumably (*cough*) in the interest of finding a cure.

Do you want to see people cured of their Christianity so they'll no longer shoot up abortion clinics?

It sounds ridiculous, but it's a serious question. What do you hope to accomplish by "promoting awareness"?

I think it has more to do with promoting progressive liberal ideals, and ridding this nation of any other form of thought. All under the guise of paranioa of 'religious extremism', ie, the christian faith.

But of course, the real threat to the whole wold are radical muslims who wish to take over the world under their 'caliphate' and impose sharia law all over the world. The OP seems to think the 'radical' christians are worse, so do most all the libs right now, which is insane.

Maybe radical liberals should be put on the terror list, if not for their pure insanity and lack of common sense alone.

edit on 1-12-2015 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Anything for of religious radicalism is a threat to this nation and the idea of thought being purged...

We have people in this nation that want a Christian theocracy, I sure as hell don't want that but all we want to complain about is muslims and their 'takeover'.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join