It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Robert Dear is a Christian Terrorist

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 10:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Wookiep

Love a good fair and balanced post.

Anyway, the weirdest posts I've run across have been the ones saying that he's a liberal that the liberals sent in as a shill so we would all blame the conservatives and also the ones where they support his actions in killing the baby killers. Because all lives matter, ya know? Well those and the crazy religious preacher ones are pretty weird too.
edit on 11/30/2015 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 10:55 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

So what do you propose be done about these "terrorists"?

Should we put Christians on a "list"?

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 11:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther

So what do you propose be done about these "terrorists"?

Should we put Christians on a "list"?

All day today I have listened to screaming progressives spouting that this incident was caused by "conservative talk radio and conservative news"

It is the same 80's Al and Tipper Gore argument with Music lyrics and violent games made people do it. The difference today is they think (or know) they will be able to pass "hate speech" laws that ONLY apply to issues they disagree with. If they can shut up everyone under threat of law, jail, fines, etc they will win.

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 11:03 PM
link   

These nutjobs also called for theocracy.

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 11:03 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Did they say was caused or may have been caused? Is it speculation or claiming as fact? Got any examples? Or is this hyperbole and rhetoric?

ETA: Would love to see a video of a screaming progressive too.

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 11:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: HighFive

Anyone who insists on using the term Islamic terrorism should have no problem calling this Christian terrorism.

But I'll just call it domestic terrorism, for the same reason I don't say Islamic terrorism

You can't be a Christian murderer, or Christian billionaire, etc

S&F

Well the information has not been released as to his motivation, so most people should have a hard time calling it Christian terrorism.

Maybe we call it pothead terrorism or conspiracy terrorism as there is solid evidence that Dear was motivated by those two subjects?

I understand that the term Christian terrorism is very, very important to a certain demographic in this country but that shouldn't keep them from taking the high road and waiting for the facts to start shouting.

Nothing is worse than the people in crowds who keep trying to start chants . . . .

-FBB

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 11:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

All day today I have listened to screaming progressives spouting that this incident was caused by "conservative talk radio and conservative news"

It's because they know their audience doesn't think for themselves, so they assume no one else does either.

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 11:09 PM
link   
a reply to: FriedBabelBroccoli

Oh yeah...that reminds me. There's a preacher running around on the internet saying it was a pot-induced shooting.

ETA: I can't find the links, but there's a video and he blames those "potent edibles" that are nothing like what we smoked in high school.

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 11:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity
a reply to: FriedBabelBroccoli

Oh yeah...that reminds me. There's a preached running around on the internet saying it was a pot-induced shooting.

That preacher sounds like an idiot . . .

-FBB

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 11:11 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

Sorry, not many Youtubes of the news today on this subject.

edit on 30-11-2015 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

Planned Parenthood blames ‘hateful speech’ for clinic shooting

Planned Parenthood officials on Sunday blamed the “hateful speech” of conservative lawmakers and Republican presidential contenders for contributing to Friday’s deadly shooting at a Colorado clinic, but conservatives said the left is trying to use the tragedy for political gain and to again push for gun control measures.

www.addictinginfo.org...

Now that that’s cleared up, it is important to point out that Dear did not get the idea to shoot up a Planned Parenthood to stop the sale of “baby parts” on his own; he certainly had some help. In fact, Dear was simply a weapon — and, as the NRA points out regularly, a weapon needs to be aimed at a target, and the trigger pulled.

But who held the “gun” in this attack, so to speak? Was it Fox News, who peddled lie after lie regarding Planned Parenthood selling “baby parts?” Congressional Republicans who launched a sham investigation and attempted to legislate based on those lies? Faded 2016 Republican star, Carly Fiorina, who lied about Planned Parenthood’s “baby parts” sales?

… Or is it the man who produced the fraudulent Planned Parenthood videos to begin with, David Daleiden? Daleiden founded the deceptively-named Center for Medical Progress in 2013, but “progress” is not exactly one of the anti-abortion group’s goals. Earlier this year, the conservative superstar released numerous heavily-edited videos intended to demonize Planned Parenthood. The goal of the videos was simple: 1.) Convince gullible conservatives that Planned Parenthood is illegally selling “baby parts,

Daleiden almost certainly was sincere in his wish that no one was injured. After all, when you get people hurt — or killed — with your lies, it’s a PR disaster. But, ultimately, it is his videos that created the propaganda peddled to people like Dear, and it is his videos that led to the attack

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 11:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther

originally posted by: infolurker

It's because they know their audience doesn't think for themselves, so they assume no one else does either.

I think youre correct, sadly. Progessive radio, tv etc is the 'cool' trendy thing and has been for a while. The colleges enourage it too...so now there is a mentality which is the new 'norm' and very few question it, or bother trying to think for themselves. Most just go along with it, spouting whatver they think their social collective wants them to spout..

edit on 30-11-2015 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Ahh the irony..

*A* christian terrorist.

As opposed to *Islamic terrorism*

Do you get the point? or do you need to see the difference in pictures?

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Anyone who insists on using the term Islamic terrorism should have no problem calling this Christian terrorism.

But I'll just call it domestic terrorism, for the same reason I don't say Islamic terrorism

S&F

When it is in every country, under the same ideology, and when it is in every country hidden behind priests, then I will agree to this.

It's not. So no.

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 11:23 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

So, yeah, you said it. But why? What's the point really? What's that supposed to prove or show or accomplish?

Violent extremism isn't the exclusive domain of any particular group. It's deliberately incendiary and I believe it does a fine job in exposing what I've been saying all along — that political correctness is masking an upwelling of extremism that is far more significant than many people realize.

We have a candidate climbing in the polls who is described by his own radical father as the 'anointed king' of a handful of confederated Christian extremist sects who are obsessed with actively seeking the fulfillment of their interpretation of end times prophecy. If they can successfully elect enough of their fellow radicals, we could be looking at global warfare. In the meantime, just like with any burgeoning religious extremist movement, we can expect to see more radicalizing and more people putting action to words.

This post isn't exactly coming out of nowhere as you know and as I stated right at the top of the OP, I posted on this subject two days prior to this act of terrorism and a day before a cab driver was shot in the back by another extremist ranting about ISIS (note: I'm not claiming anything about the shooter's religious affiliation but I think it's safe to say that person's perspective has been poisoned by rhetoric).

+1 more 
posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 11:27 PM
link   
I don't think the guy is as much a religious zealot as he is just a whack job, truthfully.

A lot of schizophrenics have religiosity as a symptom. That's a lot different than sawing people's heads off for Allah when you're in your right mind.

link   
Man, I am really having a hard time digesting what seems to me total paranoia in much of the, may I say kneejerk defense of conserative Christians. The extrapolation to extreme interpretation of what was presented by OP is remarkable.

link   

Ah yes, the "Rhetoric"

Let's hear your solutions, maybe with "hate speech" laws against groups you disagree with?

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 11:29 PM
link   
When will we see the NLBS episode: Why won't president Obama call this weaponized Christianity?
I refuse to say this is just Christianity with guns.

Some people say Islamic terrorism to take a shot at what islam represents at its core.
I won't use this tragedy to misrepresent the teachings of Christ.
This guy doesn't deserve to be called Christian.

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Mr. Post said the pamphlets were strictly political and did not have any anti-abortion messages or racist overtones.

Neighbors also say he didn’t talk about religion or abortion.

Extreme leap of logic to just say this guy is a 'Christian Terrorist'. All people who knew him, described him in exactly the same way as other mass shooters, not terrorists. They also say he never talked about religion or abortion. Not only that none if his actions are consistent with Christian teachings. The only conclusion one could realistically come to is that another crazy person killed some people.

To try to compare this shooting to Islamic Terrorism is silly. Islamic terrorists are soldiers in an organized fighting force carrying out missions in order to force the worlds population to submit to there legal, economic and religious system. This guy was just a kook similar to the Newtown and Aurora kooks.

Ironically, the other shooters that this can be compared to are classically liberals. Did you call them 'Liberal Terrorists'? Of course not, that doesn't fit the liberal narrative, neither does rational conclusions or the truth.

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 11:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: laminatedsoul

S&F

When it is in every country, under the same ideology, and when it is in every country hidden behind priests, then I will agree to this.

It's not. So no.

There are plenty of radical Christian priests, from the U.S. To Africa, calling for death to gays and other radical teachings that don't align with the teachings of Christ.

So yeah

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join