It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Robert Dear is a Christian Terrorist

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 12:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Where did blm come into this? Is this some race bait thing again? Nothing to do with the op.

If you think christian violence is anywhere near muslim violence in this age we live in, then youre just lying to yourself to confrom to liberal ideals, which make you just as insane as the rest. Pay attention, and stop conforming to these stupid liberal hate whitey, hate christans, all right-wingers are nut jobs and should be prosecuted bs propaganda. It wont make you look any cooler in the long run, i promise.

edit on 1-12-2015 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 12:42 AM
link   
I'm not going to deny there's a group of fundamentalist/fanatic Christians who think they can force the hand of God into ending the world. They are as crazy as the Jihadists. (Well, a different kind of crazy), but there's fewer of them, and they are not mainstream Christians, just as Jihadists are not mainstream Muslims.

I really don't see them as anything to worry about.

And Dear? Dear's just a homicidal lunatic.
edit on 12/1/2015 by ladyinwaiting because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 12:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Wookiep

I didn't remove anything, I added a word.
The blm comment was about how rhetoric from some not being able to used when talking about the motives of the person.

I would say yes in the worn torn countries, Islamic violence is on the rise but to act like there isn't Christian violence all over the word too won't make you any cooler either.

We don't have to make this personal btw.

I dont hate all Christians or right wingers. Seems like you are the one baiting there.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 12:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wookiep

Where did blm come into this? Is this some race bait thing again? Nothing to do with the op.

If you think christian violence is anywhere near muslim violence in this age we live in, then youre just lying to yourself to confrom to liberal ideals, which make you just as insane as the rest. Pay attention, and stop conforming to these stupid liberal hate whitey, hate christans, all right-wingers are nut jobs and should be prosecuted bs propaganda. It wont make you look any cooler in the long run, i promise.

But there is going to be a Christian Theocracy!

LOL

I have never heard anything more ridiculous in my life. Boogie Man

www.washingtonpost.com... eligion/

www.nbcnews.com...

www.huffingtonpost.com...

www.bbc.com...

www.pewforum.org...

edit on 1-12-2015 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 12:50 AM
link   

I think it has more to do with promoting progressive liberal ideals, and ridding this nation of any other form of thought. All under the guise of paranioa of 'religious extremism', ie, the christian faith.

If you can't separate mainstream Christianity from extremists who believe that we should adopt the death penalty for gays, that tolerance of same sex marriage causes hurricanes and terrorist attacks, that shooting up Planned Parenthood is justifiable, and most importantly are seeking a holy war they believe is necessary to fulfill end times prophecy then that's your hangup, not mine.

As far as I'm concerned, you're projecting your own inability to make distinctions on me.

But of course, the real threat to the whole wold are radical muslims who wish to take over the world under their 'caliphate' and impose sharia law all over the world. The OP seems to think the 'radical' christians are worse, so do most all the libs right now, which is insane.

Maybe radical liberals should be put on the terror list, if not for their pure insanity and lack of common sense alone.

It's not about whose worse. In terms of body counts, ISIS is definitely a bigger immediate threat. In terms of how we deal with ISIS and what follows, I'd say the potential threat to the entire world if a Ted Cruz became President would be hard to overstate. The threats are definitely different but the underlying eliminationist nature of the two extremist religious ideologies is not.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 12:52 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

If some people had their way sure.

How is it different then all the sharia law take over talk?
We have people publicy calling for both.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Ok, i removed the 'thanks for your edit' comment. Blm has nothing to do with this op, so just knock it off with that.

Where's the daily christian violence you seem to think is 'equal' with muslim violence? If you want to use this pp event, fine, take it. Youre not paying much attention if you cant see the dozens of accounts nearly evey day all over the world. This is an american 'liberal' propaganda piece to paint christians in the same way even tho its an outright lie. Look past the lie and the politics.

This isnt personal to you, dont take it that way. I dont know you from adam.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 01:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: ladyinwaiting
I'm not going to deny there's a group of fundamentalist/fanatic Christians who think they can force the hand of God into ending the world. They are as crazy as the Jihadists. (Well, a different kind of crazy), but there's fewer of them, and they are not mainstream Christians, just as Jihadists are not mainstream Muslims.

And Dear? Dear's just nuts.

I agree with this statement for the most part except I see us at something of a crossroads because of the situation in the ME and the fact that ISIS is now launching terrorist attacks in Western countries.

I'm also of the opinion that ironically enough, without the threat of Muslim extremism, Christian extremism wouldn't have crept back so far into the mainstream. Like any reasonable person, I want to see an end to ISIS and an end to terrorism but as I said, considering recent history, I don't feel that I have an irrational concern that we could be on the cusp of something even worse.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 01:09 AM
link   

That comment was about in the states, I agree world wide there is more going on.
But again in worn torn countries where either wars have destroyed the nations or are some extremist country like Saudi and Iran.
ETA: Lets not forget the LRA in Africa btw, they have died down I believe, but were causing lots of harm years back.
Daily attacks are not done by either in the states.

BLM has everything to do with it, if we can't use the constant rhetoric going on about PP and the possibility of it fueling the fire of this shooter then we can't say that BLM is the root cause of the police violence recently.
That isn't aimed at you particularly, but is being talked about in this thread.
Not trying to make a race point at all using them, just as a parallel and a clear talking point of the right.

Forgive me for taking this as it being aimed at me personally, seems as such though.
edit on stTue, 01 Dec 2015 01:10:54 -0600America/Chicago1220155480 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 01:10 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Ill give you the fact that many christians dont agree with 'gayness', but i challenge you...how many christian communities would call for the death of gays? Not many, and if you say otherwise, you are lying period.

Now how many muslim communities would consider 'gayness' enough for the death penalty, public shaming, stoning, and god even knows what else. The fact that you act like christians and muslims in this day and age are on the same palying field is ludicrous. Its a political game, and you have bought it hook line and sinker. The liberal objective? Hate all white, conservatives and christians and make them all terrorists or put them all to death. All while defending muslims because they are 'peaceful'. That's just insane. Wake up!

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 01:12 AM
link   

I wont get into blm with you here, if you want to do that then go to one of those threads. Find one ive been in, and we'll talk about it there. I refuse to do it here. Good night.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 01:14 AM
link   
a reply to: NthOther

What would you like that "awareness" to accomplish? In medicine, they promote "cancer awareness" presumably (*cough*) in the interest of finding a cure.

Do you want to see people cured of their Christianity so they'll no longer shoot up abortion clinics?

It sounds ridiculous, but it's a serious question. What do you hope to accomplish by "promoting awareness"?

What's surreal to me is that I'm being accused of attacking Christianity (and I'm not) but then I'm being asked questions like:

"Do you want to see people cured of their Christianity so they'll no longer shoot up abortion clinics?"

No. What I am after is promoting a negative opinion of extremism in the face of what I see as an increased acceptance. The more people are opposed to extremism, the less influence extremists exert.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 01:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: ladyinwaiting

And Dear? Dear's just a homicidal lunatic.

I agree...

His neighbors said he never talked about religion or politics
And the news this morning said witnesses heard him when they were taking him into custody mumble "no more baby parts....no more baby parts"

This has nothing to do with religon or politics
But rather someone who is messed up in the head, possibly over that latest controversy in regards to the undercover video

I will admit, not much bothers or offends me
But it was rather disturbing to think the fetus' are still alive when removing baby parts for money, all the while denying it

Kinda puts a new perspective on "when does the life of a baby begin"

This guy is a certifiable nut job, yes
But a terrorist as one would label a radical jihadist who hollers out 'Allah Akbar' before he kills dozens of people, no

This is something personal that bothered him where Planned Parenthood is concerned
For all we know, the video set him off

edit on 1-12-2015 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 01:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: stormbringer1701
he also said the govt was using grammar to control people's thoughts. in short he was as crazy as a june bug. he would have fit in perfectly in some of the subforums of this site. That hardly makes him a christian terrorist.

Actually years ago, there was a member who came on here who thought the government was using grammar to control peoples thoughts.

The open minded and understanding members of this site ridiculed him to further frustration.

He later went on to shooting a policion in Tucson AZ.

Diagnosed schizophrenic.

People forget this stuff so quick.

Props to anyone with a memory who can link one of his threads. It's a sad story and sad to see how insensitive ppl can be on here.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 01:19 AM
link   

In the post where you quoted me, i was referring to all liberals with that same hive mentality. If youre on that list, then ok, i can see how you might take it personal, but that's not my fault. You are who you are and if youre brainwashed, all i want to do is help you, not hate you. Take it however you want.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Just a bit of perspective as this latest atrocity did not occur in a vacuum.

10 of the Worst Terror Attacks by Extreme Christians and Far-Right White Men
www.alternet.org...

Oh & dispense with the "all christian, all conservative" straw-man BS because no one is saying that.

Also to completely deny that there exists within this country a far right theocratic political & social movement that is dangerous to our democracy is delusion at best.

K~

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 01:20 AM
link   

I don't want to talk about BLM, I want to talk about when it is ok to use rhetoric being said by some to use as a motive of the actions of others, again just a parallel.

If we are going to act like we shouldn't use the right constant rhetoric of PP being this big bad evil organization that needs to be stopped at all cost and is destroying the nation as possibly fueling this guy to go and shoot up the place then we should extend that thought process.
I choose BLM because it is has the very same issue. People saying their movement is causing a rise in police violence by citizens, mainly black citizens.

So lets talk about if rhetoric does or does not have the ability to push someone to cause harm onto others.
Been my point the entire time.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 01:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll
Well of course. Anybody can see Dear is the perfect picture of mental health; a well rounded fully integrated American, and very well socialized. It's only his killer-religion that led him astray.

@@

Good one.And he probably is the Christian church member that is sitting on the front pew every time the church door is opened.You know these ProgLibs get sillier every day.....And how many posters have that have not even seen the US except in pictures that actually think they know US politics or spew forth anti-right anti- conservative propaganda on a daily basis.
Peace....

edit on 1-12-2015 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Ill give you the fact that many christians dont agree with 'gayness', but i challenge you...how many christian communities would call for the death of gays? Not many, and if you say otherwise, you are lying period.

The liberal objective? Hate all white, conservatives and christians and make them all terrorists or put them all to death. All while defending muslims because they are 'peaceful'. That's just insane. Wake up!

It's been about a month since three GOP candidates (plus Cruz's father), including a current Senator and Governor, spoke at Kevin Swanson's conference. Kevin Swanson and other speakers at that conference have said they support the death penalty for gays. Swanson has actually said it at least once in the last month though he said they should have a chance to repent before they're executed — so there's that — and mind you, that's just one aspect of their extremist ideology. In case you're wondering, Kevin Swanson actually referenced stoning as prescribed by the OT last year. As for public shaming, are you joking?

Yet I'm delusional because in your view of the world, that's all just a smokescreen to obfuscate the real agenda which is to kill all white conservatives and Christians?

That's surreal.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 01:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

I don't want to talk about BLM, I want to talk about when it is ok to use rhetoric being said by some to use as a motive of the actions of others, again just a parallel.

If we are going to act like we shouldn't use the right constant rhetoric of PP being this big bad evil organization that needs to be stopped at all cost and is destroying the nation as possibly fueling this guy to go and shoot up the place then we should extend that thought process.
I choose BLM because it is has the very same issue. People saying their movement is causing a rise in police violence by citizens, mainly black citizens.

So lets talk about if rhetoric does or does not have the ability to push someone to cause harm onto others.
Been my point the entire time.

So you think rhetoric caused this guy to shoot up PP? I don't. Why would i?

You said peole think blm is causing a rise in police violence by citizens.

I don't agree with either, do you feel youve made your point? This did not touch on any point ive been trying to make, but if it makes you feel better, there you go!

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join