It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am SICK and TIRED of "Global Warming" Nonsense

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Who gives a flying crap about "Global Warming"? In all the rhetoric about the causes there has been one fact completely overlooked...the population of this planet has increased, so, yeah there is going to be an increase in temperatures, but who cares.

The fact we are on the verge of yet another WW how is any of this relevant?

Pretty soon someday in the near future there will be a reduction in the population from the onslaught of nuclear arsenal and then we can really cry about "Global Warming".

Until then shut the hell up about it and try to do something about the EVIL warmongers that are intent on destroying this planet.

+2 more 
posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: soulpowertothendegree

Haven't you heard?

Our illustrious leader thinks Global Warming is the biggest threat to America. Don't you believe him?

Me either.

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

Haven't you heard?

Our illustrious leader thinks Global Warming is the biggest threat to America. Don't you believe him?

Me either.

Actually after listening to him , Global Warming is the root of ALL evil...I wonder how much he has invested in "green energy" and "carbon credit" companies . Betcha it is a good chunk o change from the "stuff" he speaks..
to you....
edit on 30-11-2015 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Let's see? Global Warming, all but proven to be occurring with many of the predictions now being shown to be not extreme enough, or WW3, a war that is we aren't even close to fighting right now and isn't proven to be an inevitable event? Yea, I think I'm going to side with Global Warming. It's a real thing. We should be talking about it MORE not less.

Antarctica Global Warming - The effects of Global Warming on Antarctica

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 10:24 AM
link   

I care about global warming :>) I want to be able to grow bananas in Canada :>) I don't want to be cold in the winter :>) I don't like shovelling snow :>) I don't like that I have to travel south to get away from the cold :>) I hope the sea rises so I can have beach front property :>) I don't want some new tax grab the Govt. (IPCC) decides it wants imposed on me :>) Let all milatary's of the world go back to sailing boats and horse and wagon .That will help slow down this foolish march to war .

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Hey, c'mon. I LOVE having people who never so much as opened an Earth Science textbook get all up in my face screaming "The Science is IN!!!!"

I was actually going to reach out to my employer to ask if I can get paid in Al Gore Carbon Credits.... but then I remembered back in 2006 he said we only had 10 years left and.....

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: soulpowertothendegree
Who gives a flying crap about "Global Warming"? In all the rhetoric about the causes there has been one fact completely overlooked...the population of this planet has increased, so, yeah there is going to be an increase in temperatures, but who cares.

Pretty soon someday in the near future there will be a reduction in the population from the onslaught of nuclear arsenal and then we can really cry about "Global Warming".

Until then shut the hell up about it and try to do something about the EVIL warmongers that are intent on destroying this planet.

This is exactly the reason why global warming is happening in the first place.
To many people think in the 'now' and instant results, it's not something that just happens 'poof' out of no where it's like a disease, slowly killing a persons body, and if left untreated and ignored completely it will be to late when it reaches a certain point.

The issue isn't global warming, or the threat of some crazies trying to dominate regions of the world, it's that people can't work together for a common goal, because 9 times out of 10 it does not effect them directly, but guess what, climate change does.
People ignored, people brushed the subject aside, listened to fake scientists and lobbyists hired by oil company's and you wonder why some climate change activists are rather over zealous on the subject, because you don't listen, you pull a fit when ever someone try's to show you what is happening.

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 10:27 AM
link   

I'm all for that too, but the truth is the, 'doing something' also means more innocent bodies lying on the ground than there are already, and all the while the borders are slowly closing up for those who want to escape from it, even more so after Paris, thanks to the same entity.
It's easy to be telling people to be strong, when our governments sit in gilded cages.
It's a pity there hasn't mass demonstrations about the extinction of IS, That's strange.

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: eluryh22

Hey, c'mon. I LOVE having people who never so much as opened an Earth Science textbook get all up in my face screaming "The Science is IN!!!!"

Have YOU opened a science textbook lately? What about a peer review journal?

I was actually going to reach out to my employer to ask if I can get paid in Al Gore Carbon Credits.... but then I remembered back in 2006 he said we only had 10 years left and.....

You do realize that we have most likely passed the tipping point that Al Gore was talking about within that 10 years? I mean you DO know what that quote was about right? Here's the ACTUAL quote by the way:

Many scientists are now warning that we are moving closer to several "tipping points" that could — within as little as 10 years — make it impossible for us to avoid irretrievable damage to the planet's habitability for human civilization. (Source)

Global warming: passing the 'tipping point'

A crucial global warming "tipping point" for the Earth, highlighted only last week by the British Government, has already been passed, with devastating consequences.

Research commissioned by The Independent reveals that the accumulation of greenhouse gases in the atmosphere has now crossed a threshold, set down by scientists from around the world at a conference in Britain last year, beyond which really dangerous climate change is likely to be unstoppable.

The implication is that some of global warming's worst predicted effects, from destruction of ecosystems to increased hunger and water shortages for billions of people, cannot now be avoided, whatever we do. It gives considerable force to the contention by the green guru Professor James Lovelock, put forward last month in The Independent, that climate change is now past the point of no return.

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 10:48 AM
link   
The OP fails the Darwin test, lets hope enough of us are proactive enough to avoid this fate.

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

A crucial global warming "tipping point" for the Earth, highlighted only last week by the British Government, has already been passed, with devastating consequences.

Research commissioned by The Independent reveals that the accumulation of greenhouse gases in the atmosphere has now crossed a threshold, set down by scientists from around the world at a conference in Britain last year, beyond which really dangerous climate change is likely to be unstoppable.

The implication is that some of global warming's worst predicted effects, from destruction of ecosystems to increased hunger and water shortages for billions of people, cannot now be avoided, whatever we do. It gives considerable force to the contention by the green guru Professor James Lovelock, put forward last month in The Independent, that climate change is now past the point of no return.

So many words without saying a thing. Crossed the threshold. Unstoppable. Destruction. Doom and gloom.

Yet...

The vast majority of hungry people live in developing regions, which saw a 42 percent reduction in the prevalence of undernourished people between 1990–92 and 2012–14. Despite this progress, about one in eight people, or 13.5 percent of the overall population, remain chronically undernourished in these regions, down from 23.4 percent in 1990–92. As the most populous region in the world, Asia is home to two out of three of the world’s undernourished people.

There has been the least progress in the sub- Saharan region, where more than one in four people remain undernourished – the highest prevalence of any region in the world. Nevertheless, the prevalence of undernourishment in sub-Saharan Africa has declined from 33.2 percent in 1990– 92 to 23.2 percent in 2014–16, although the number of undernourished people has actually increased.

Hunger continues to take its largest toll in Southern Asia, which includes the countries of India, Pakistan and Bangladesh. The estimate of 276 million chronically undernourished people in 2014–16 is only marginally lower than the number in 1990– 92. Eastern Asia (where China is by far the largest country) and South-eastern Asia (including Indonesia, Philippines, Mynamar, Vietnam and others) have reduced undernutriton substantially.

Latin America has the most successful developing region record in increasing food security.

But I admit loose predictions are more fun than actual measurable results.

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Prezbo369
The OP fails the Darwin test, lets hope enough of us are proactive enough to avoid this fate.

What exactly does the proactivity entail?

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

The issue isn't global warming, or the threat of some crazies trying to dominate regions of the world, it's that people can't work together for a common goal...

People can't work together for a common goal? Well, shouldn't we find one that we agree on first? I might work on something with you that I actually cared about.

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tucket

originally posted by: Prezbo369

What exactly does the proactivity entail?

Handing over your money to the Globalists. Duh.

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 11:01 AM
link   

TIPPING POINT! Do you not know what the phrase "tipping point" means? It means it is the point where there is no way we can prevent things from spiraling out of control. It doesn't mean they are already there though...

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 11:01 AM
link   

I agree that nuclear war would be a disaster of immense and immediate proportions. Nuclear waste from power plants are, in my opinion, also a massive threat to humanity that is largely swept under the rug, but hey, we need to charge our cell phones already!

However, to disregard the effects of sea level rise, which is dislocating and threatening to dislocate people from villages and entire island countries from the Pacific to Alaska, is short sighted. Relocation of entire populations in, say, Bangladesh (Southern India) as this thing called climate change progresses, would be a massive problem for the world - much greater than the Syrian refugee crisis! And that's just one aspect of how climate change will affect all of us.

Ocean warming is changing things too, and impacting sea life, which we humans might also want to consider as we use ocean life as a major food source... Scientific America: How will Warmer Oceans Effect Sea Life? (Food chain impact)

This is a real, and present danger to all of us. Why disregard it as "crap?" It WILL affect you. It WILL affect everyone on the planet. It is a global problem that we can do something about if we get our heads out of our rear ends, so to speak, and stop pretending its somehow a "manufactured crisis" by somebody.

Sea Levels Could Rise At Least 6 Meters (Scientific American) How many people would that impact?

By 2050, 26 major U.S. cities will face an “emerging flooding crisis.” Globally, storm damage could cost cities from Hong Kong to Dhaka to New York trillions annually unless adaptation measures are taken. According to Climate Central estimates, 150 million or more people are currently living on land that will either be submerged or exposed to chronic flooding by 2100.

Yes, Nukes are a very big problem that COULD cause a global disaster and relocation of millions.

Climate change is a very big problem that IS causing a global disaster, just in slow motion, rather than a mushroom cloud. And it already is threatening to relocate people. Mass migration is the story of this century, and that's if we can somehow contain it...

Recent Sea Level Rise

NOTE: I didn't post this to convince you, OP, as you've already made up your mind that climate change is no biggie. I posted it because its a real threat, and someone here has to say it because its real and if we choose to disregard it, it is at the peril of the world's peoples, our own country, our global and local economy, our safety, our food, our water, and possibly our lives. (Rising oceans will impact a few nuclear power plants too...double whammy. Yay. LINK)

- AB

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: eluryh22

That was pretty much my point, a crapshiite mob demo against AGW, no demos against IS. A very dignified vigil by the French for their lost citizens and loved ones. I'd love to know who the mob were who were at the French AGW protest.

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

TIPPING POINT! Do you not know what the phrase "tipping point" means? It means it is the point where there is no way we can prevent things from spiraling out of control. It doesn't mean they are already there though...

So do you have a solution for this 'problem' that doesn't involve me handing over my money or is that the only solution. I am going to guess you think it is something we should 'all chip in for'. You rarely have a position that doesn't cost other people their money or their rights.

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Another Banger

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

So because I believe Climate Change is real and we should do something about, I'm supposed to have all the answers on how to fix it?

Though I wonder why the cost to save the planet you live on from becoming inhospitable to most of the human world is a cost that you are unwilling to pay.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join