It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am SICK and TIRED of "Global Warming" Nonsense

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: AboveBoard

Yes, yes I think everyone gets that the world is going through a climate change.
Why?
Because the world has always been going through a climate change, it is either going into or leaving a ice age.
It is either getting hotter or getting colder.
The world is alive and can do enough damage on its own.

No one, I think, is denying that the earth's climate is constantly changing and, yes - sea levels rise and fall over time and new continents are uncovered and older ones covered up as the plates rise and fall and the ice builds up at the poles or melts.

However, to say that this is really man's fault and that we should pay a tax to stop it is over-reaching and insane.

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: NowWhat

The issue then, for you, is really the money? Okay. You claim humans had nothing to do with it? Well, that's wrong, but if you want to believe that, no facts will change your mind. You can pat me on the head all you like, but someone will pay eventually, because "climate change" is going to cost trillions.

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: NowWhat

Actually talking about the climate always changing is a red herring. No one cares about that argument. To bring it up in response to a global warming argument is just a distraction and does nothing to prove your point. Just standard climate denier rhetoric.

You know what would be actually SANE coming from a climate denier? Actually getting the evidence and refuting it instead of just declaring that believing in global warming is insane.

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

You know what would be actually SANE coming from a climate denier? Actually getting the evidence and refuting it instead of just declaring that believing in global warming is insane.

There it is...the fundamental difference between us.

You believe what they are selling you.

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Well I have no reason to believe otherwise. I've actually looked at the evidence for it. My disbelief ends when I see the evidence presented for the claims being made. I don't just disbelieve everything just because like you apparently do. That's not going to tell you anything about the world or universe.
edit on 30-11-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 11:41 AM
link   
We are doomed...
When we still have a massive amount of people sticking their heads in the sands and not caring nor believing what actual scientists say about climate change...
I hope one day in a few million years some specie finds the internet and points to OP's like this and say "Because of the ignorant they all died
).
Starting to think we don't deserve it...pity about all the other animals we effect.

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: eluryh22

TIPPING POINT! Do you not know what the phrase "tipping point" means? It means it is the point where there is no way we can prevent things from spiraling out of control. It doesn't mean they are already there though...

There it is again (the vagueness and speculation). So, we are beyond the point to prevent things from "spiraling out of control." Other than predictions (again, predictions) spit out by computer models that are fed who-knows-what-data by who-knows-who, what exactly is "spiraling out of control?"

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   
sure lets rant but if you look at what has been reported as to what was going to happen but didnt why should we believe anything they are still predicting for our future ...

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: soulpowertothendegree

Until then shut the hell up about it and try to do something about the EVIL warmongers that are intent on destroying this planet.

I see you have your boogyman all picked out. A nebulous conglomeration of bad guys who want to destroy the world. And what are YOUR plans to get rid of them Soul?

You use the word evil,,, no correct that, you use the word EVIL, making sure we all know exactly how you feel about those who would willfully destroy the world. Got it.

But what about those who are not EVIL. What about those who are innocently destroying the world? Are there none of those? Are there none who mistakenly guide policy in a direction that they believe is a positive direction yet is really leading us to calamity? Could there be, or are you intent on just blaming it all on the EVIL boogyman.

For that matter, is there anyone who you think would do better? And if there were, would you then end up calling them EVIL when they see the world in a different way than you?

Here's the thing Soul. We are in deep guano.. Deep deep guano. And everytime we try to take our foot out of it and move it forward, we find that we have just put that foot down in more .... guano. And that guano is nuclear holocaust, it is mentally unstable neighbors, it is religious fanatics, it is masses of people migrating from one fouled nest to end up fouling another nest. It is Madison Avenue turning so many of us into mindless consumers. It is people who would just as soon sit and play a video game on a small hand held device all day long instead of going for a walk. Catching my drift here? But then, what more might I offer than personal opinion.

My personal opinion continues this this final point. I think you may not really want to face up to just how deep the guano is. And I say this because to admit that CC is real means that there ain't nothing left but guano. And to admit that at least a fair % of it is man made through ignorant human consumption is to admit that the fault lies not with some EVIL warmongers but rather with ourselves.

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 12:56 PM
link   

And see that is why this debate is so ludicrous. There is no amount of evidence that seems to be good enough or plausible enough. We show ice core samples showing warming getting out of hand? "Climate always happens." We show a bunch of models that are largely accurate? "They are just models, we can't trust predictions." Post real-time effects of global warming? "Nope it's not happening where I live so it's not happening."

Global warming denial is a huge exercise in cognitive dissonance and not so much evidence review...
The Maldives is the extreme test case for climate change action

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: soulpowertothendegree
Who gives a flying crap about "Global Warming"? In all the rhetoric about the causes there has been one fact completely overlooked...the population of this planet has increased, so, yeah there is going to be an increase in temperatures, but who cares.

The fact we are on the verge of yet another WW how is any of this relevant?

Pretty soon someday in the near future there will be a reduction in the population from the onslaught of nuclear arsenal and then we can really cry about "Global Warming".

Until then shut the hell up about it and try to do something about the EVIL warmongers that are intent on destroying this planet.

I do, though I don't necessarily agree with the bureaucrats in what to do about it, but then, I've always been the kind of person who has been capable of caring about more than one thing, rather than focusing all of my thoughts and energy on one possible major future event, such as a theoretical world war. I can't imagine how boring and wasted a life focused only on one thing (especially one which is unlikely to come to pass) would be.

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1
sure lets rant but if you look at what has been reported as to what was going to happen but didnt why should we believe anything they are still predicting for our future ...

Which models have been inaccurate exactly? How about actually pointing out some official models that have been incorrect? Just saying they are inaccurate isn't evidence for your claims.

How reliable are climate models?

Where models have been running for sufficient time, they have also been proved to make accurate predictions. For example, the eruption of Mt. Pinatubo allowed modellers to test the accuracy of models by feeding in the data about the eruption. The models successfully predicted the climatic response after the eruption. Models also correctly predicted other effects subsequently confirmed by observation, including greater warming in the Arctic and over land, greater warming at night, and stratospheric cooling.

The climate models, far from being melodramatic, may be conservative in the predictions they produce.

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Maldives: At least this is something different. Normally alarmists (rightfully) point out that you can't expect to pinpoint a single geographic location and extrapolate over entire globe, as is done here.

Vostoc Ice Cores: Carbon FOLLOWS temperature, not the other way around.

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: eluryh22

Maldives: At least this is something different. Normally alarmists (rightfully) point out that you can't expect to pinpoint a single geographic location and extrapolate over entire globe, as is done here.

Maldives is just ONE example of rising sea levels. I gave you Antarctica earlier in the thread, but you ignored that link. There's also Greenland or Venice, Italy.

Vostoc Ice Cores: Carbon FOLLOWS temperature, not the other way around.

So how does what you just said here disprove that the ice cores are telling us that the planet is warming exactly?

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
admit that the fault lies not with some EVIL warmongers but rather with ourselves.

Well, thats what they want you to think anyways. Divert the guilt to the commoners rather than corporations that carry out horrific business practices like gas flaring behind their backs.

You sound like a religious fundie.
Deny ignorance

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 01:22 PM
link   

More evidence:
Six reasons that scientists are sure global warming is happening

We have tracked the unprecedented recent increase in the amount of atmospheric carbon dioxide and other greenhouse gases since the beginning of the industrial revolution.

We know from laboratory and atmospheric measurements that such greenhouse gases do indeed absorb heat when they are present in the atmosphere.

We have tracked significant increase in global temperatures of at least 0.85°C and a sea level rise of 20cm over the past century.

We have analysed the effects of natural events such as sunspots and volcanic eruptions on the climate, and though these are essential to understand the pattern of temperature changes over the past 150 years, they cannot explain the overall warming trend.

We have observed significant changes in the Earth’s climate system including reduced snowfall in the Northern Hemisphere, retreat of sea ice in the Arctic, retreating glaciers on all continents, and shrinking of the area covered by permafrost and the increasing depth of its active layer. All of which are consistent with a warming global climate.

We continually track global weather and have seen significant shifts in weather patterns and an increase in extreme events all around the world. Patterns of precipitation (rainfall and snowfall) have changed, with parts of North and South America, Europe and northern and central Asia becoming wetter, while the Sahel region of central Africa, southern Africa, the Mediterranean and southern Asia have become drier. Intense rainfall has become more frequent, along with major flooding. We’re also seeing more heat waves. According to the US National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) between 1880 and the beginning of 2014, the 19 warmest years on record have all occurred within the past 20 years; and 2015 is set to be the warmest year ever recorded.

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Not mentioned, increase in Antarctic ice.

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

There it is...the fundamental difference between us.

You believe what they are selling you.

Interesting thought. And here is another. It may be, that you believe what you don't even know what you are being sold.

See, the issue here for me is not CC. The issue is is sweeping so many peoples understandings away as nothing more than that they are being manipulated. Like, " you are a dupe, and I am not. You cannot see how you are being manipulated.
Man, if we don't know by now that there are huge amounts of manipulation out there, all of it striving for our minds, then what hope is there. To just sit back comfortably in the position that others are under the control of the mind bosses and I am not does not do oneself a positive service. Because then we sit in our rockers, and holler back and forth across the divide, "you are controlled", no YOU are controlled,, NO YOU ARE CONTROLLED, NO YOU FREEKING IDIOT, YOU ARE CONTROLLED, etc, we get absolutely no where.

edit on 30America/ChicagoMon, 30 Nov 2015 13:38:00 -0600Mon, 30 Nov 2015 13:38:00 -060015112015-11-30T13:38:00-06:00100000038 by TerryMcGuire because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: eluryh22

Not mentioned, increase in Antarctic ice.

You mean the increase of surface area of the Antarctic ice? Do you happen to know the difference between surface area and volume?

Is Antarctica losing or gaining ice?

Skeptic arguments that Antarctica is gaining ice frequently hinge on an error of omission, namely ignoring the difference between land ice and sea ice.

i) Ozone levels over Antarctica have dropped causing stratospheric cooling and increasing winds which lead to more areas of open water that can be frozen (Gillet 2003, Thompson 2002, Turner 2009).

and

ii) The Southern Ocean is freshening because of increased rain and snowfall as well as an increase in meltwater coming from the edges of Antarctica's land ice (Zhang 2007, Bintanga et al. 2013). Together, these change the composition of the different layers in the ocean there causing less mixing between warm and cold layers and thus less melted sea and coastal land ice.

All the sea ice talk aside, it is quite clear that really when it comes to Antarctic ice and sea levels, sea ice is not the most important thing to measure. In Antarctica, the largest and most important ice mass is the land ice of the West Antarctic and East Antarctic ice sheets.

It should be noted that you have posted all of ZERO bits of counter evidence to my evidence that I've posted in literally every post I've written in this thread.
edit on 30-11-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 01:50 PM
link   

I can play the "lets just post links and links without using critical thinking" game too.... I just find it dull.

The model suggests that overall Antarctic sea ice volume has increased by approximately 30 km3 yr−1 (0.4% yr−1) as an equal result of areal expansion (20 × 103 km2 yr−1 or 0.2% yr−1) and thickening (1.5 mm yr−1 or 0.2% yr−1).

... even though...

However, observations of decadal trends in Antarctic ice thickness, and hence ice volume, do not currently exist.

Linky linky

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join