It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

VA Medical Center Reportedly Bans Christmas Trees From ‘Any Public Areas This Year’

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 05:32 PM
link   
The fumes given off by wreaths and christmas trees can kill or inactivate the flu viruses in the air. That is probably why they start putting christmas trees in houses and wreathes on doors during flu season.

They are just trying to make sure people stay sick and pass the bug around. We need to be dependent on the medical and Pharma industry and support it. Just think of how many people will be layed off if nobody gets a virus.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 07:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: markosity1973
I mean nativity scenes are banned almost everywhere these days, and Christmas was insultingly shortened to Xmas.

A nativity scene is exclusively Christian.

Xmas comes from ancient times. It's not new.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

Get it right - the government is anti-religious, but they are using certain religions to bring that agenda forward and certain other religions are helping them because they see it as gaining equal rights rather than losing their rights.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

The fact that some pencil pushing PC weenie wanted to do this shows that there is a serious lack of brain power in areas of administration.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 08:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Raggedyman

Get it right - the government is anti-religious, but they are using certain religions to bring that agenda forward and certain other religions are helping them because they see it as gaining equal rights rather than losing their rights.

Secularism is not anti religious.

It's pro separation of church and state.

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 12:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
a reply to: Metallicus

VA Hospital Reverses Ban

Officials at the Veterans Affairs Medical Center in Salem, Va., sent an email to employees last week banning Christmas trees in public areas, only to quickly reverse their decision after a backlash from veterans and employees.

The people spoke out (reasonably, IMO) and got results! I love to see things like this!

After a backlash from veterans and employees. Any thing to cause trouble.

That serves them sons a breaches right.I bet they only get coal or a terd this year.

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Let me be the first to say it:

HA HA! *points*

The SJWs and PCs have corrupted your ability to make sane decisions. Don't they realize that the pendulum will swing the other way if pushed to far?

No. Silly me, of course they would never realize such a horrific reality!

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 08:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Annee

There is a balance
The balance has now been lost

Separation of church and state is not exclusion of one type of church
I am not surprised the growing fundamentalism of religion when they are being singled out, excluded and attacked because of minority's

It's not secularism anymore, it's anti religion.

I don't think you can tell the difference, you hate Christianity
It's evident

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 08:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

There is a balance

I am not surprised the growing fundamentalism of religion when they are being singled out, excluded and attacked because of minority's

It's evident

I was raised Christian.

They seem to think they have more rights then other beliefs, they don't.

The Supreme Court ruled Christmas has become a wide ranging tradition and is not exclusive to any one belief or non-belief.

They also ruled a Nativity Scene is exclusive to a specific religion, Christianity.

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 08:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

There is a balance

Do you see any Muslim or Hindu senators? or presidential candidates?

It's evident

Playing the victim doesn't get old does it?....

You need to get over the fact that Christians no longer get differential treatment and your religion isn't everybody's religion.

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: lovebeck
Good Lord. It's the holiday season and I'm TIRED of the all-inclusive BS excuse to minimize the traditions and festivities that have gone on in THIS COUNTRY for hundreds of years!!!

If by 'hundreds of years' you mean since the late 19th century then sure. It wasn't until Washington Irving re popularized Christmas that it became a huge holiday in America. In fact, the first 60 years of the Massachusetts Bay Colony after the arrival of the Mayflower, Christmas was illegal

By being all-inclusive they are excluding the vast majority of Americans. Last time I checked, this IS AMERICA.

What the hell does this even mean? If you're being all inusive, you're not excluding anyone and the "This is 'Muruca" comment is even more confusing.

Hopefully once Obismal gets out of office the next guy will put a stop to this kind of BS. Didn't happen until he got into office, this all-inclusive, because everyone's offended, let's give everyone a trophy crap.

It must be really convenient to be able to scapegoat literally everything that you find fundamentally flawed in this country on the current administration but it's intellectually dishonest to do so in this instance. There's plenty of blame to go around in the White House but the mythical attack on Christmas isn't one of them. This secularisation of the holiday season has been going on since I was a kid and I haven't been a kid for many years.

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: MyHappyDogShiner
Christmas is a religious holiday and does not belong at a place like the VA anyway.

As someone who has spent some time in the VA as a patient, I don't know that I agree with you here. And I say this as an agnostic and not someone who believes the myth of the War on Christmas. For one thing, a big part of the military culture is Christianity. When you're sick or hurt and can't be at home with
Your family, any little thing that reminds you of home is HUGE. Sometimes it's something as stupid as a tree down the hall and garland in the doorways. It makes you feel like a human being and not like the entity known by your last 4. It's got far more to do with the comfort of the patients than it does the secularism vs religion paradigm.

I don't know why people have such a problem with this stuff, as it only costs more money to buy the decorations, to have someone put them up and then have someone take them down, and yet another person to come by and collect the stuff for disposal.

Never mind a perfectly good tree being wasted for no good reason

Decorations are typically donated and volunteers take care of the decorating and subsequent removal. There is no associated cost typically. It simply isn't in the VA's budget.

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Double post
edit on 26-11-2015 by peter vlar because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 06:13 PM
link   
American Christmas = secular holiday

Christmas Tree = not worshipped or revered currently by any religion or religious group; cultural icon

Keeping Christmas Trees out of VA Hospitals during American Christmas = stupid, imho

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 06:16 PM
link   
The war on pagan traditions continues...

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 06:28 PM
link   
They have had Easter egg trees for years
edit on 26-11-2015 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 06:35 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 06:36 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 06:32 AM
link   
a reply to: NowWhat

Have you read the book referenced in those links? I'm interested in these philological connections between mushrooms and Christianity and Sumeria. Do you know if any of them are listed or is it like the link you posted where the connections are talked about but not actually shown.

Thanks

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 07:46 PM
link   
A couple of months ago I went to the VA Hospital in Denver, Colorado. I needed to remove my shirt for an examination and was told to remove my "chain." I was wearing a cross, but the medical staffer totally avoided even saying the word cross. After my exam, the staffer quickly left the room leaving my "chain" on a side table. This is nothing new, it's the age old battle between good & evil, Light & darkness i.e., Jesus Chrisy & Satan. As this world moves further & further away from the Living God & His Light, darkness seeks to fill that vacuum with even more distortions, perversions, lies and forms of hating and rejecting the Living God. Everything that we see all around us, on TV or the radio and in the daily news was predicted in God's Word, the Bible. See... the issue isn't the tip of a pine tree cut off to decorate homes across America. The issue is what that tree, and the traditional celebration of Christ's birth means; in today's culture anything containing the name CHRIST has become a disease to be cut of the this world's Collective minds, understanding and speech. It's OK to be an Atheist, Satanist, Racist and any number of other lifestyles and beliefs - as long as you aren't a CHRISTian. Don't you know that there is no higher name under Heaven than Jesus Christ? That at the Name of Jesus, every knee will bend and every tongue confess that He is Lord to the glory of God Almighty? Even demons are are powerless and must subject themselves to the Name of Jesus. Well done ATS, all you wise and worldly folks have allowed Satan to get you tied up in knots, completely missing what matters most. And that is... what will be your response to Jesus Christ? If He is not crowned the Lord of your life, He will see you face to face as your Living Judge.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join