It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

VA Medical Center Reportedly Bans Christmas Trees From ‘Any Public Areas This Year’

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

There we go! Decision reversed. Ten bucks says that many people aren't going to read far enough in the thread to get to this and respond with something about the pc attack on Christmas or whatever. I guess the OP could update his OP if he still has time, but I'm still calling this anyways.

I think them actually banning it in the 1st place is a story.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: alienjuggalo

Yea, an incomplete story. But I'd say that trying to push an incomplete story is the same as pushing propaganda and spin. Clearly presenting a story that the VA tried to ban Christmas trees is going to piss off anti-pc people such as yourself. But the key point of the story is that the system worked, the decision was reversed shortly afterwards. Presenting half the story is just really an excuse to whine about political correctness.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 10:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Yea, an incomplete story. But I'd say that trying to push an incomplete story is the same as pushing propaganda and spin. Clearly presenting a story that the VA tried to ban Christmas trees is going to piss off anti-pc people such as yourself. But the key point of the story is that the system worked, the decision was reversed shortly afterwards. Presenting half the story is just really an excuse to whine about political correctness.

Rant forum you should go

The story is just the first step
I bet in a few years time they will do it again and it will stick

It's a simple trick, they have always done it that way
Deny
Act, stop
Act continue

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 10:40 AM
link   
If they want to be open to all religions and creeds, why don't they encourage everyone, including Christmas-tree wielders, to decorate how they wish?

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Christmas is a religious holiday and does not belong at a place like the VA anyway.

I don't know why people have such a problem with this stuff, as it only costs more money to buy the decorations, to have someone put them up and then have someone take them down, and yet another person to come by and collect the stuff for disposal.

Never mind a perfectly good tree being wasted for no good reason

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: darkbake

Because there would be so many decorations cluttering up the hospitals or whatever that they couldn't get anything done.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 10:47 AM
link   

It really doesn't matter they tried to stop it, next year they probably will, Merry Christmas.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: MyHappyDogShiner

Because there would be so many decorations cluttering up the hospitals or whatever that they couldn't get anything done.

We are adults in America so as long as we are not hurting anyone WE CAN DO WHATEVER THE ¬¬¬¬¬¬ WE WANT..

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

Rant forum? Why should I post something in the rant forum? Am I not discussing the thread topic here? Why should I go rant about it somewhere else?

According to WHAT line of reasoning?

It's a simple trick, they have always done it that way
Deny
Act, stop
Act continue

Who is "they"?

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Yeah, but a lot of people are blind to the fact they actually only possess the common sense of a five year old and can't quite see the cost savings of observing their constitutionally protected rights in the privacy of their own home and spaces and being ok with that being good enough.

Mommy, let's hang quismas lights on that.....

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I have to say, I do appreciate any government effort in support of secularism.

However, certain events that bring joy to most people need tweaking, not banishment.

It cracked me up when my bank decorated a Christmas tree for Halloween. I should have taken a picture of it.

When we drink Champagne, we no longer immediately connect it to the city in France where the grapes are grown.

When we eat a sandwich, we don't connect it to the Earl of Sandwich.

We as people (beliefs, culture, etc) evolve. Christmas is one of those that has evolved to be what you choose to make it.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Why does the VA need to mess with my Pagan history? Damn them!!!

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus
Another example of the total effectiveness of being totally PC (Post Commonsense).

It is the usual case of throwing the baby out with the bathwater, by over catering to the complaints of the minority, while driving the bus over the majority.

I don't belong to any religious group, in fact you don't want to know how I feel about all religions, but to punish the majority by embracing the religious rituals of the minority, while destroying and illegalizing the religious rituals of the majority, is more than an insult, it is fuel on fire which is already burning.

I am not surprised at all this is happening at the VA. The VA has become a joke. Medical Center? Center of Untreated Veterans, Pain and Death, is a better name for it.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: MyHappyDogShiner

Yet for the last 40+ years I have worked in hospitals all over America, and never did the seasonal or holiday decorations, every get in the way of people getting in, or interfere with the staff getting their work done, and that included Christmas decorations.

You know who puts up those decorations and takes them down? The staff on their free time or their days off. Most hospitals where I worked always had a multi-cultural holiday celebration, that included people bringing in items that represented their culture and customs, and always included a buffet that included holiday celebration dishes, from all over the globe.

Why would any attempt to join people and bring them together, be demonized and destroyed? Song, dance, food and general merriness has historically been used as a way to bring people together. Why are we so quick to break what doesn't need fixing? We need to use all of this time, energy and vitriol, to fix what is truly broken.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

And now Halloween trees are becoming more popular, spurned on I guess by Ray Bradbury's book. This seems as good a place as any to fuss up a long ago crime: my college mates and I snuck across an open field one night into the lot of a Christmas tree salesman, and stole one of his trees. High crimes and misdemeanors.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

Oh gawd the decision goes your way and you STILL play the victim....

Cheese and crackers!

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 02:13 PM
link   

So they should. It's insanity that we should even consider giving up a tradition that has absolutely nothing to do with baby Jesus.

I mean nativity scenes are banned almost everywhere these days, and Christmas was insultingly shortened to Xmas. If we lose the tree we might as well stop buying presents, assassinate Santa and call the whole damned thing off just to make a few jealous Jews, angry atheists and moaning Muslims happy.

edit on 25-11-2015 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: NowWhat

That, is, AWESOME! Thanks for the links. By far the best story of the origins..

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 03:30 PM
link   
So there will be no "National Christmas tree lighting" this year, I take it? Phew! It was reversed. I don't even do Christmas. But it's a tradition in this country, which makes it mine. These religionphobes seem to push at every angle to achieve thier agenda.
edit on 25-11-2015 by murphy22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Good Lord. It's the holiday season and I'm TIRED of the all-inclusive BS excuse to minimize the traditions and festivities that have gone on in THIS COUNTRY for hundreds of years!!!

By being all-inclusive they are excluding the vast majority of Americans. Last time I checked, this IS AMERICA.

Hopefully once Obismal gets out of office the next guy will put a stop to this kind of BS. Didn't happen until he got into office, this all-inclusive, because everyone's offended, let's give everyone a trophy crap.

edit on 25-11-2015 by lovebeck because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join