It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Give it to God? Wtf does that mean? It doesn't work. I've tried numerous times. We're parasites

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Trials, hardships, mental anguish. Familiar states of mine.

No I'm not being paraded around in a cage knowing a horrific execution is imminent.

Not afraid to die though. I hope to fight at Armageddon. Against Satan.

Why is it that I'm unable to connect with this Jesus, or his, our father God.

Maybe just a meaningless cliche?

Pagans, wiccans, occultist are closer to the truth?

I'm on the verge losing much and for the first time understand why people even consider suicide. I won't, I'd rather die fighting no question.

Give it to God though, huh? Those words are meaningless.

Ooooor what? Those are proper question marks. Just looking for insight.

edit on 25-11-2015 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 12:13 AM
link   
a reply to: GoShredAK

Unless you are in North Korea or jail you should have the ability to up and remove yourself from your present situation, relocate, and start over. Many have done it, I'm one of them. First tip, don't start the journey until you absolutely LOATHE looking back, otherwise you will look back, and go back.

Namaste

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 12:17 AM
link   

I would say, Christian cliché based around these verses...

Prov 3:5 Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean
not unto thine own understanding.

Prov 3:6 In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall
direct thy paths.

IF you want to connect with Jesus in some way, probably best to read what he said

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 12:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

You're absolutely right. The only thing stopping me is myself.

Our mind is our biggest obstacle, right now mine is a beast of one and I don't understand.

Thanks for stopping by.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 12:26 AM
link   

why give anything to God he has it all, all we can do in this life is help each other and love each other(not in some weird hippie sex way) if we do that i think God would appreciate us not dumping all our sh*t on him but rather be proud we did something to make this world better. This is assuming we are talking about the same God and we view it the same. Personally I dont know what the hell is out there so i just try and give more than take.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 12:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

Funny you presented proverbs 3:5at the same moment I was complaining about lack of
Understanding.

See God talks to us through the body of Christ (all of you, me) and my faith is still diminishing.

I have countless accounts of him making his existence apparent. Still really [SNIP] confused.

I've read Plenty of the red lettering In the KJV

edit on 25-11-2015 by GoShredAK because: Ugh I'm on a cracked iPhone ok

edit on 25/11/2015 by Gemwolf because: Mod Edit: Snipped censor circumvention

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 12:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: GoShredAK
a reply to: Vector99

You're absolutely right. The only thing stopping me is myself.

Our mind is our biggest obstacle, right now mine is a beast of one and I don't understand.

Thanks for stopping by.

Anytime. Minds are funny. Going off the rails on a crazy train, something we all do or all should at least! Gives life a lot more perspective.

Namaste

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 12:31 AM
link   

See God talks to us through the body of Christ (all of you, me) and my faith is still diminishing.

Hmm...

Also sounds like a Christian mentality... "the body of Christ" is those who believe... but they seem to believe its the church and those who attend...

Do you go to church, and have this "fellowship" that they promote?

IF so... maybe you should stop?

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 12:36 AM
link   
a reply to: DOCHOLIDAZE1

I admire that simple philosophy. I'm plagued with anxious demons and can't adhere to that way of thinking though I respect the idea very much and have tried.

For some reason am unable. Not At all trying to throw a pity party for myself. More so trying to lure some deep thinking spiritual ATSers to help me reroute my current destructive perspective.

edit on 25-11-2015 by GoShredAK because: Spelling

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 12:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon

Hmm...

Also sounds like a Christian mentality... "the body of Christ" is those who believe... but they seem to believe its the church and those who attend...

Do you go to church, and have this "fellowship" that they promote?

IF so... maybe you should stop?

Dropped church some time ago, never regret going.

My church is my passions and my mind ( when I haven't tattered it to this point)

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Lol....

Ok well im grovin with your "pity party" here cause im bored... and theres beer left

Perhaps you might elaborate on the actual problem a bit?

edit on 25-11-2015 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Give it to God is a psychological way to deal with stress and regret and anxiety when it gets overwhelming. Often times people feel like they just can't handle any more and the world seems like too much to handle. Thinking that you have some control over it is an illusion. But if that illusion persists it can destroy a person. So giving it up to God removes them from feeling responsible for it all and allows them the freedom to move on. It's a way for a person to drop all the baggage they are carrying when they don't have to be carrying it.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 12:46 AM
link   

To further address your inquiry I've been engrained with a Christian foundation but have always been very introverted, rebellious, and skeptical of my authority.

Now knocking on age 30 feeling nearly hopeless I've sold myself On the conclusion that ill Die fighting in ww3 and ill never provide for my fam the way i wish I could.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 12:54 AM
link   

I assume that was for me, and you're not talking to yourself?

What authority are you talking about?

Sounds to me like you're a soldier or something along those lines... Either that or you've just been reading too many conspiracies... An overload on conspiracy can actually lead to mental instability

Anyways... I assume you have a job, and you're currently providing for your family I hope

Why look to something that hasn't happened yet?

Living in the future can be just as bad as living in the past.... neither are reality

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 12:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

Give it to God is a psychological way to deal with stress and regret and anxiety when it gets overwhelming. Often times people feel like they just can't handle any more and the world seems like too much to handle. Thinking that you have some control over it is an illusion. But if that illusion persists it can destroy a person. So giving it up to God removes them from feeling responsible for it all and allows them the freedom to move on. It's a way for a person to drop all the baggage they are carrying when they don't have to be carrying it.

Anxiety is my best friend. It's a hate hate relationship. Ya can't drop that stuff. You can only give it to drugs, a temporary crappy bandaid (there's your elaboration akrogon) (details? They're here)

Nothing is more powerful than a changed mind, but that's on us.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Just having a chat with myself. Jk. My bad, I'm surprised I've rattled off this many words from this phone as is.

All authority. Elders, teachers, preachers ect......not a soldier, novice mma, just lost my job, recovering addict

ETA: to akrogon that was. Speaking yoda is an indicator of bed time. Night all.

Don't worry I'm just down, definitely not done.
edit on 25-11-2015 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

link   

You can only give it to drugs, a temporary crappy bandaid (there's your elaboration akrogon) (details? They're here)

Well... Drugs are rarely a good thing

Believe me I have an extensive experience with them... but they don't solve problems as you clearly know

Maybe if you're so depressed that you're considering taking your own life, you might want to talk to a professional?

link   

Man you sound like you're at the bottom of the well and need to start looking up again.

You've had a rough run these past few weeks and it sounds like you're feeling depressed and out of ideas. This is when our thoughts turn inwards and we can lose our way. Not a lot of good ideas or 'wise' ideas come from these times. You'll know this is the truth because you've been there before.

In fighting terms, your 'gas tank' is empty and you need to sit on the stool for a while and catch your breath...recharge your batteries.

Talking some of it out with loved ones can help and, no, I don't mean the ones who think getting ripped always helps.

All I know from experience is that God (or gods) won't directly help us in ways that we can see. We have to roll through the down times and wait them out. They always pass and we can attribute that to God later on or say we did it ourselves with the help of friends and family. Either way works whether atheist, pagan or religious.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 01:05 AM
link   

a reply to: DOCHOLIDAZE1

I admire that simple philosophy. I'm plagued with anxious demons and can't adhere to that way of thinking though I respect the idea very much and have tried.

For some reason am unable. Not At all trying to throw a pity party for myself. More so trying to lure some deep thinking spiritual ATSers to help me reroute my current destructive perspective.

for one to be plauged by demons one must feel they(demons) have power over one(self). I dont try to make it sound easy but i say F a demon

edit on 25-11-2015 by DOCHOLIDAZE1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Just having a chat with myself. Jk. My bad, I'm surprised I've rattled off this many words from this phone as is.

All authority. Elders, teachers, preachers ect......not a soldier, novice mma, just lost my job, recovering addict

Ahh... ok

Now im seeing the picture a little more clearly

Dude, losing a job can be just as hard on a person as a death in the family...

its tough... I've lost so many and been canned for my own stupidity so many times I can't count LOL

Take sometime for yourself, then get back out there and get another one... try to find something you enjoy doing, not just for a paycheck... that can be very hard, it took me 15 years of crap jobs before I found what I was meant to do

Nothing feels better then getting to the next step, and if that means finding that next job.... or going back to school... or whatever it takes... Do IT

Life can be a crap heap sometimes... but you gotta get back up after it knocks you down

<<   2  3 >>

join