It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Give it to God? Wtf does that mean? It doesn't work. I've tried numerous times. We're parasites

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 01:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: GoShredAK

Anxiety is my best friend. It's a hate hate relationship. Ya can't drop that stuff. You can only give it to drugs, a temporary crappy bandaid (there's your elaboration akrogon) (details? They're here)

Nothing is more powerful than a changed mind, but that's on us.

LOL. You can do it that way too, but like you said it's only temporary until they wear off. At some point you'll have to admit to yourself that some things are out of your control and there is nothing that you can do about it. At that point you can either let that realization break you down or you basically say "Screw it" drop the baggage and get on with your life the best you can. That is essentially what you're doing when you give your problems over to God. Only it usually comes with the benefit of believing God will take care of them for you. Without God you basically just let them take care of themselves. (Which is the same thing IMO.)

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 01:12 AM
link   
I wish I had the energy to articulate my appreciation for the above.

Kandinsky, thanks for being in my corner.

To be as blunt as possible before signing off, I'm simply struggling with benzo
Withdrawal mixed with a wee bit of a 1/4 life crisis and I've always been stupid enough to be completely open here of all places lol.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 01:16 AM
link   
a reply to: GoShredAK

Dude, I know

Mods have have had past lives too.

Just know for sure that this sh!t passes and dawn always breaks.

I have to go now too. It'll be alright

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Give it to God? Wtf does that mean?

"Do what you know to be right, say what you know to be true, and leave with faith and patience the consequences to god!" - F.W. Robertson

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Maybe deep down you know there is nobody to give anything to?

Just an opinion. I recall you (think it was you) having a crisis of faith some time ago.

Maybe instead of giving it to God, you give it up. Free yourself from his shackles.

Just my opinion, again.

If you want to stick with it though, I hear talking to God until he finally answers is a thing.

But if you ask me that's feeding yourself some placebo of the mind.

Sincerly,

Your local cold hearted materialistic devil worshiping joy stomping atheist.

edit on 11-25-2015 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 03:39 AM
link   

I'm simply struggling with benzo Withdrawal

Good luck with that, sincerely.

That # has done horrible things to people.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 04:57 AM
link   

1. Stop reading the KJV until you can understand the NT using NIV, Amplified and Living Translation.

2.No one is immune to hardship...no one, Not even the Lord Jesus himself, and he was PERFECT (if you subscribe to the man called Jesus in the NT).

Even He said ..“I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble.(Tribulation KJV) But take heart! I have overcome the world.” Jn16:33 NIV ...he said THAT to his disciples......to those that followed him.

3. Here's my Life,
and still working all this out. to include, being divorced, personal belongings 200 miles away, car engine catching on fire, unable to look for a job in over a year, which puts me with ZERO cash in my pocket...on and on... I posted it to show that the world system is seriously broken at this point in time and I don't see it getting any better. But, if you look in that thread, people in the world and ATS mind you are quite awesome and restored my faith in humanity once again. Even through a conspiracy website LOL...ATS rocks!

4. Giving it to God.

ha ha, I laugh at this since it's what I should tattoo on my chest I've had so much trouble in my life after becoming a Christian...but I'll say this my friend, I had a literal "Saul encounter " on my "Road to Damascus" 36 years ago, and when I did, my life literally changed overnight and if I hadn't had God in my life, I would be dead right now, seriously (2 failed attempts to suicide) miraculously prevented.

a. So, it starts off by doing what some of us did as a child, (interesting how it comes back to this most of the time) and kneel down beside our bed/couch etc..in a quite place and asking God to forgive us and help us to that place where we can walk the path he wants to...and stay on it so that we can forgive others and live the life He wants us to live. (The Lord's Prayer)

b. Giving 'it' to God literally means ...bring it to him in prayer and praying until you can have a peace of mind and peace in your heart that it's not in your 'hands' to figure out, it's up to God to carry it for you and help to figure it out for you…aka ..”Not leaning on our own understanding..” Here’s the exact full passage of that scripture…which is half-quoted most of the time…

5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart
and lean not on your own understanding;
6 in all your ways submit to him,
and he will make your paths straight. (direct your path)
. (NIV) Proverbs 3:5,6 (emphasis is mine)

"Do not be anxious (worry) about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:6

I’ve been doing this for a long long time…it works. Just give it to Him in prayer and trust that He loves you enough to help you through it all. It’s your life for His Life.

~for the King

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Whatever you think it is, it's not about suddenly having your life become sunshine, roses and rainbows. My life never will be sunshine, roses and rainbows.

What it is about is reaching that place where you can endure because you know you aren't alone in the fight and you will be made whole someday. Amazing what you can endure then.

This life is just the blink of an eye and it's what comes after that's the grand adventure.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 10:03 AM
link   

your op sounded like you are in prison (parading in cage) awaiting death penalty (execution)
We'll continuing I am relieved that's not the case
I was thinking how did they let u have a phone .. lol

btw yeah I hear you .. meh mood ..

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

Give it to God is a psychological way to deal with stress and regret and anxiety when it gets overwhelming. Often times people feel like they just can't handle any more and the world seems like too much to handle. Thinking that you have some control over it is an illusion. But if that illusion persists it can destroy a person. So giving it up to God removes them from feeling responsible for it all and allows them the freedom to move on. It's a way for a person to drop all the baggage they are carrying when they don't have to be carrying it.

If I don't feel like taking responsibility for beating my wife should I just give that to God because I can't handle the psychological ramifications of that action? I understand what your saying but how far do you take that logic?

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 11:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Layaly

your op sounded like you are in prison (parading in cage) awaiting death penalty (execution)
We'll continuing I am relieved that's not the case
I was thinking how did they let u have a phone .. lol

btw yeah I hear you .. meh mood ..

This was hilarious.

Good morning all. Feeling optimistic. This stuff waxes and wanes so I know I've still got hills to climb.

Faith more restored than faded.

Benzo w/d minor in comparison to some unfortunate souls.

You guys are awesome.

Just a good morning In case I don't make the time to get back to everybody.

Read it all tho

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: WakeUpBeer

Just an opinion. I recall you (think it was you) having a crisis of faith some time ago

Yep, probably me. Numerous times, the topic of my first thread. Clearly I haven't made much progress. Lol.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: WakeUpBeer

If you want to stick with it though, I hear talking to God until he finally answers is a thing

I really wish he would answer already, like directly, I've seen signs, but I need something more tangible it seems.

I guess that's what faith is all about.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Komodo

Entire reply, valuable to me. I hope you catch your break too. I admire the optimistic disposition to it all and you make me feel like a whiny wimp.

Ill take the advice of more prayer. I want that peace.

As of three days ago I now have "move forward always, even when your feeling bad". Also, walk in fear (fear crossed out with red X) Faith.

ETA: uhhhh tattooed. Geez.....more coffee, more real world, less ATS. -puts down phone-

I know I'm on the verge of another breakthrough. It's darkest before the dawn, some say.

One of my biggest problems is I have to Internalize all of this And constantly pretend its alllll good. Probably why ATS gets to hear all about my petty BS.

edit on 25-11-2015 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
Whatever you think it is, it's not about suddenly having your life become sunshine, roses and rainbows. My life never will be sunshine, roses and rainbows.

What it is about is reaching that place where you can endure because you know you aren't alone in the fight and you will be made whole someday. Amazing what you can endure then.

This life is just the blink of an eye and it's what comes after that's the grand adventure.

Not much to say except that was wise and should be repeated here.

Thanks ketsuko.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 12:00 PM
link   
"giving it to god" is a clishe term ive heard often. to explain it i would say many times when ive developed negative attatchments to emotional, physical, or spiritual constructs or reallitys.

example (not real), i am extremely worried about my friend who was in an accident and in the hospital. my friend was on the way to see me when he was in accident, so sense of fault persists. i have no control over the situation...

... the trouble with this situation would be that i've allowed false things to attatch to my psyche.

real things
1. friend is injured
2. i dont have any way to change it

unreal things
1. idea that worrying about friend will change anything
2. idea of my responsibility for hurt to other human (if actually, no repeat in future. if not, not)

so giving it to god, is essentially admitting to ones own powerlessness in a situation. letting go of worry.

jesus specifically commanded us not to worry. can worry add a day to your life? no. science shows that worry actually shortens your lifespan.

---edit---
trusting in god in any given situation has proven to increase faith and hope for me. even if the situation goes "bad" i still continue to have a trusting that on the other side of it there will be equally "good" and even if i continue in pain or suffering, then i am still trusting.
edit on 25-11-2015 by sociolpath because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: sociolpath

jesus specifically commanded us not to worry. can worry add a day to your life? no. science shows that worry actually shortens your lifespan.

Probably my favorite thing he's said. Easier said than done. Totally true and beautiful advice.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 12:12 PM
link   

trusting in god in any given situation has proven to increase faith and hope for me. even if the situation goes "bad" i still continue to have a trusting that on the other side of it there will be equally "good" and even if i continue in pain or suffering, then i am still trusting.
a reply to: sociolpath

During my worst period of life I remember priding myself in never giving up faith. Your edit resonates with me Bigtime. I've had it worse and sure as heck won't give up this time.

Maybe a little frustrated when writing the OP, foolishly so. However this was kind of the point, reassurance. Mission accomplished I suppose.

Keep those Replies coming though if you wish folks

edit on 25-11-2015 by GoShredAK because: Spelling. Please remember it's miraculous I'm even typing from this pp

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 12:41 PM
link   
persevere and you will not be let down. the body of christ is the collective of people who truly believe in jesus as the savior of life on earth and purpose to follow in his example of how he lived life on earth.

in which it is important to let go of attatchments namely titles "christian" or denomination titles, as there is one church. and the members of said church are scattered across the world, in "churches", even some homeless on the street ive met carried his spirit.

as on this website, there are many on here who will outright devalue and speak against the light and truth of yahushua, in the world it seems that would be most people. or many will say, yes he existed and said good things, but that is it.

jesus said to believe in him and his father who sent him is the same as doing the will of god. it takes a lot of pressure off right?

i find when i lose sight of his light, then i am in darkness again. again to re-examine where jesus said, if your eye is full of leight, your whole body will be full of llight, and if your eye is full of darkness, then your body will be full of darkness. i see this as if i am not believing in the light of jesus and have it flowing out of me, i am only noticing the negative in the world, and this way of looking at the world is not beneficial for anyone. messengers have repeatedly told me to focus on the positive, and compare it to the light of christ. for the times truly are dark, but why can we be afraid when we can illuminate the darkness by believing?

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 02:15 PM
link   

I really wish he would answer already, like directly, I've seen signs, but I need something more tangible it seems.

I felt the same way prior to becoming an atheist.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join