It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black Lives Matter Protesters Were Just Shot by White Supremacists

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 04:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

I guess the bottom line as to why so many have a hard time with pampered college kids protesting Whitey with Black Lives Matter is from what goes on every day of the week outside of their safe secure college. These are things we see all the time and is what many see as a normal way of life for so many blacks.

Because of willful blindness? Because everyone protesting with Black Lives Matters is a pampered college kid? Every single one? Because every single person involved with Black Lives Matters lives in a safe secure college?

If that's what you see ALL THE TIME, and is what you see as a "normal way of life for so many blacks," it's because that's all you want to see. That's why you obviously don't see the many, many Black people working hard and making a good, honest, productive and responsible life for themselves and their families. That's why you don't see the many, many BLM protesters who did NOT chase after these White guys or anyone else. And it's why you can sure find disgusting videos to post to tar an entire group of people with the worst of crimes, but you cannot see the blatant out-of-control abuse of the law and police brutality which is also everywhere.

And somehow you can't see the obvious discrepancies in this whole story? The many gaping holes in the story just begging for the sunshine to shine through? Of course not. You can't see past what you see as a "normal way of life for so many blacks. That's what happens when your prejudice only sees violence as a "normal way of life for so many blacks." And Black Lives Matters is what happens when others turn a blind eye to the despicable and pathetic truth of police brutality again and again and again while sitting on their high horse. I'm sure the Germans of the 1930s could tell you what happens when we allow our hate and prejudices towards others give a free pass to authorities behaving badly...

The Black Lives Matter organization has been corrupted and tainted. I have no respect for those who exploit and extort the legitimate concerns of the Black Lives Matter movement -- and the people involved -- for their own pathetic political agenda, but I sure have a lot of respect and admiration for those who have put their lives on hold to fight for what is right and good.

Gryphon is right. There's much more to this that we don't know yet... although I doubt we'll find out much more Monday. And I doubt we'll see any serious charges.
edit on 27-11-2015 by Boadicea because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 04:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wookiep

Stop being a racist bigot! (sarc) Speaking truth does no good man, you gotta be a racist white-hating liberal, whos # doesnt stink before anyone will listen to you. The world has gone nuts....common sense is gone. Didn't you know that already? Careful about what you say around here lately, the 'liberal' hawks might ban you for your common sense.

Ahhhhh... this explains much. Still stuck in that left/right paradigm, eh? And yet you talk about truth? common sense? Hahaha!!!

Here's some truth and common sense for ya: When good people do nothing to stop bad people behaving badly -- and especially law enforcement behaving badly -- bad people do whatever they want -- and especially law enforcement and other authorities.. Black Lives Matters is putting themselves in harm's way to fight for what is right, and we will all benefit from their efforts... as long as those who hate Black people more than police brutality don't get in the way.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 06:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: Rabb420

I have a better question: why are you and others so offended by the phrase Black Lives Matter? It doesn't say "Only Black Lives Matter" or " White Lives Don't Matter" but because they have the temerity to stand up for Black lives that just grinds on some of you! You have to rush to replace Black with All ... Not because you want to try to change anything to make sure that no one anywhere any time is wrongfully killed by the police ... But just because it offends you so much that the people stand up and challenge this "post racial" BS that so many on the Right are constantly pushing.

the whole BLM suff doesnt offend me what offends me is that they think that black lives matter above all other lives...if you dont see that then explain why one if not most of their leaders want the constitution to be rewritten for blacks or "there will be bullets" why are they segregating themselves? why were they calling students who were trying to study filthy white pieces of s**t just because they didnt stand and protest with them? why do black lives matter more than any other? why do they demand re-education for anyone who says "offensive" things like all lives matter? because they wanna play the victim card they want white people to apologize for being white. i cant tell you how many times ive heard the term white privaledge thrown around welll im white and most of the people i know are white but we are damn near dirt poor.ive been on the s**t end of the affirmative action stick. they expect everyone else to change while they want to act and behave in the same manner, in this day and age the black community has evey opportunity to rise above the bulls**t if not more than most. but white people are the ones with the priviledge. that is what offends me

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 07:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Rabb420

You offer a series of publicized events that taken on their own do demonstrate very poor judgement if not overt racism. However, that does not define the entire BLM movement for anyone that is not (as you seem to be with comments about Affirmative Action) somewhat predisposed to see the worst in a movement made up of thousands.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 07:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

One of the most fact filled and logical posts I've seen here!

It's an honor to read such excellent work.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea
Because of willful blindness? Because everyone protesting with Black Lives Matters is a pampered college kid? Every single one? Because every single person involved with Black Lives Matters lives in a safe secure college?

No but it is the in thing in Colleges now, isn't it? I also do not see blacks in the "hood" 100s of them doing peaceful protests when 90%+ of the violence and death is blacks on blacks. The African Americans who live around me, work with me, are some of my best friends do not associate with either group in the least and have done very well for themselves and families. It is funny how 13% of the population does 50% of the crime in America. BLM is a great idea, but it seems the large number of blacks who truly need to live by that rule do not care.

If that's what you see ALL THE TIME, and is what you see as a "normal way of life for so many blacks," it's because that's all you want to see. That's why you obviously don't see the many, many Black people working hard and making a good, honest, productive and responsible life for themselves and their families.

As I said above the " many Black people working hard and making a good, honest, productive and responsible life for themselves and their families" are not associated with either group. I spent 28 years in the military and work very close with all kinds of people, so you really can't tell me that there are "good blacks" out there, they are just like me. Working hard, working to get a head in life, raising their families well and we all seem to have about the same views on BLM, funny how that is...

And it's why you can sure find disgusting videos to post to tar an entire group of people with the worst of crimes, but you cannot see the blatant out-of-control abuse of the law and police brutality which is also everywhere.

Cops mirror the society they work in. If the society is bad, like Chicago, then they will be bad too. Last weekend 8 deaths and 45 injured to gun violence in Chicago alone. This is not America, this is a battle ground and a media hype. Go to a city like Portland and find me bad cops, a city with a huge homeless problem with many other social issues too. The reason is the vast majority of the people there are good people and so the cops are good too.

The Black Lives Matter organization has been corrupted and tainted. I have no respect for those who exploit and extort the legitimate concerns of the Black Lives Matter movement -- and the people involved -- for their own pathetic political agenda, but I sure have a lot of respect and admiration for those who have put their lives on hold to fight for what is right and good.

As I said BLM starts from within, and it hasn't. There are massive issues within the black community, and I do not know where to start other than for others who want a better life get the hell away to a place that isn't like so many of these horrid places.

Gryphon is right. There's much more to this that we don't know yet... although I doubt we'll find out much more Monday. And I doubt we'll see any serious charges.

I group that came there with guns were complete idiots and should go to jail. Lot's of white people are idiots...

edit on 27-11-2015 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 11:41 AM
link   

a reply to: yuppa

... Because you have some reason to believe that the shooter didn't make disparaging comments beforehand ?

We'll see at the arraignment on Monday ... You know the one for the self confessed shooters?

Youre acting as if this is the same fellow. You dont know that. Until its proven its hearsay and your wishing it to be so. there are more than a few white men who are dispariaging the BLM protestors online you know. Your emotions are clouding your view. Until its factually proven its wrong to say this is the same man.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

originally posted by: Wookiep

Stop being a racist bigot! (sarc) Speaking truth does no good man, you gotta be a racist white-hating liberal, whos # doesnt stink before anyone will listen to you. The world has gone nuts....common sense is gone. Didn't you know that already? Careful about what you say around here lately, the 'liberal' hawks might ban you for your common sense.

Ahhhhh... this explains much. Still stuck in that left/right paradigm, eh? And yet you talk about truth? common sense? Hahaha!!!

Here's some truth and common sense for ya: When good people do nothing to stop bad people behaving badly -- and especially law enforcement behaving badly -- bad people do whatever they want -- and especially law enforcement and other authorities.. Black Lives Matters is putting themselves in harm's way to fight for what is right, and we will all benefit from their efforts... as long as those who hate Black people more than police brutality don't get in the way.

When your leadership is corrupt though its a problem. the leaders have actually threatened the US by demanding a change of the COnstitution to give them more rights than anyone else OR "there will be bullets" Does that sound like a peaceful person?

All lives matter. no one is more important than anyone else. to say other wise is BIGOTED HATE SPEECH.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Xtro.The guys carrying guns were walking in a bad neighboorhood in CHICAGO at night. ANyone with a brain will carry a gun to protect themselves if they have access to one

Also If thye were there to kill anyone dont you think they would had just outright done it?

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 02:53 PM
link   

It was Minneapolis not Chicago.

The shooters have confessed that they went to the protest intentionally.

The shooter that made the disparaging comments was IDENTIFIED ... it's not a question, it's not me trying to convict them in absentia.

I'm wondering where you're getting your information from ... it doesn't seem to be the most clear source.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 03:09 PM
link   
The statement that 13% of the population (African Americans) "does 50% of the crime" is erroneous.

It is true, in most statistical sets that a higher percentage of the crimes CONVICTED are committed by Blacks.

That means there is a higher conviction rate for Blacks, not a higher crime rate.

Blacks are incarcerated at 6 times the rate of Whites.

African Americans represent 12% of the total population of drug users, but 38% of those arrested for drug offenses, and 59% of those in state prison for a drug offense.

African Americans serve virtually as much time in prison for a drug offense (58.7 months) as whites do for a violent offense (61.7 months).

In 2002, blacks constituted more than 80% of the people sentenced under the federal crack coc aine laws and served substantially more time in prison for drug offenses than did whites, despite that fact that more than 2/3 of crack coc aine users in the U.S. are white or Hispanic.

These disparities and inequities are a big part of the problems BLM is pointing to.

The explanation is NOT simply that Black Americans are more violent or crime-ridden than any other demographic group.

NAACP - Criminal Fact Sheet

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

Xtro.The guys carrying guns were walking in a bad neighboorhood in CHICAGO at night. ANyone with a brain will carry a gun to protect themselves if they have access to one

Anyone with a brain would not walk in a bad neighborhood at night just to see what is going on...hehe

I'm just not sure I buy it, not saying I'm 100% in disagreement, but once again why did they feel like they needed to go to the rally in the first place much less be armed. I think it was a stupid move on their part that will not end well for them. Also, are not gun illegal there, and it is going to be hard to say that their lives were threaten in the first place even with some small confrontations.

I guess we will see it all play out. This was basically a win win for the BLM group due to ignorance.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 04:26 PM
link   
[This message intentionally left blank.]
edit on 27-11-2015 by Gryphon66 because: Conundrum

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 05:28 PM
link   
PLEASE

Let's give our hard-working Mods a break here.

As a member, I am asking (and will do my best to comply as well) that we stay on the topic of this discussion, and we stop all the verbal horseplay that is taking away from reasonable debate.

I'm at much at fault as anyone. Let's employ good manners and deal with the facts.

edit on 27-11-2015 by Gryphon66 because: noted

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 05:57 PM
link   

All lives matter. no one is more important than anyone else. to say other wise is BIGOTED HATE SPEECH.

All lives do matter. I realize that in my zeal to try to communicate what I understand (which is imperfect) about the BLM movement I ride roughshod over the attempts that some are making to try to make a more "inclusive" statement.

Let's take me for example. I'm much more sensitive to LGBT issues than average. Why? Is it because I think that gay people are more important than others? No. In fact, it's the opposite. LGBT folks were discriminated against, legally, for the better part of two American centuries ... and as a member of that demographic, I am very aware and sensitive, yes, to those issues.

I do defend "my people" ... in doing so, I don't try to demean, per se, anyone else, although as there are many "Christians" who are on constant attack against LGBT people and equal rights, I do tend to come into more direct conflict with that demographic than some others. What I understand is that BLM is doing the same thing.

Yes, there are some rotten-to-the-core racist apples in every barrel (including the White one, which some people seem so DESPERATE to ignore or deny). That doesn't mean that the movement itself is all racist. That doesn't mean every White person who stands up for White people is racist. That is a scatological lie told by academics with no real world experience.

It is not racist to stand up for "your people" ... because if it is, all of us are "racist' in that sense, as many spend post after post defending Whites that they feel are being attacked, some defend LGBT, some defend Christians, or Muslims, or Blacks.

All lives matter; all human lives do matter, but if this or that group wants to work on their chosen portion of humanity, let them.

Police violence needs to be addressed. Inter-community violence needs to be addressed. Violence needs to be addressed.

I refuse to accept that there's nothing we can do together.

edit on 27-11-2015 by Gryphon66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Polite Reminder and Request

Hi People,

Just a reminder that civility in our discussions/debates is expected.

While I do appreciate that our discussions can become quite passionate - please refrain from making them personal and poisonous.

Thank you for your understanding

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 07:00 PM
link   

The shooter that made the disparaging comments was IDENTIFIED ... it's not a question, it's not me trying to convict them in absentia.

I'm wondering where you're getting your information from ... it doesn't seem to be the most clear source.

YEah we know they went to the protest on purpose but it was to film it for some reason. Also th eway th eothe rposter said it mad eit sound liek a rumor and not actually fact so going off that i was giving th e benfit of the doubt was all.
The truth is somewhere in between our sources it seems. Thank you for the calm and collected reply. This is a very hard issue to talk about when th esituations so cloudy. maybe we should all wait till the case is done to discuss it again. then well know the actual truth of th e matter instead of the right and the lefts opinions.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Yep. Monday. LOL.

We all see things from different sides.

That's valuable, if we take advantage of it.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

True. i agree to that. still it seems liek its divisive when they try to say their people..when were all the same race. THATS what gets my ire up a bit. The fact that we have allowwed ourselves to be divided because of a simple ethnic difference by a government that uses it to their political advantage and people buy into it.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 10:14 PM
link   

YEah we know they went to the protest on purpose but it was to film it for some reason. Also th eway th eothe rposter said it mad eit sound liek a rumor and not actually fact so going off that i was giving th e benfit of the doubt was all.
The truth is somewhere in between our sources it seems. Thank you for the calm and collected reply. This is a very hard issue to talk about when th esituations so cloudy. maybe we should all wait till the case is done to discuss it again. then well know the actual truth of th e matter instead of the right and the lefts opinions.

Well I haven't really been following the blm movement until this thread and looked in to it. Found out a lot of racism is involved all right and it doesn't appear to be the police. First thing I did was wonder if their is a huge rash of police killing blacks. Found out this statistic is hard to find because the department of justice no longer tracks this. Apparently they stopped in 2009 because many agencies were not reporting.

So then I looked at who consistently has the most officer related shootings and the winner lid Angeles county. On looking they had 38 officer related shootings in 2014. Then I liked at how many officers they have they listed it at 12,616. So this means less than 3 to 4 10ths of a percent are actually involved in a shooting. Of those 38 twenty one of them were shots fired prior to police arriving on scene. So where down to 17. I couldn't dig down much further then this other than a report that said 6 police shootings involved unarmed individuals.

So in an area with high crime and by no surprise the highest officer related shootings where down to 17 last year that may or may not have been warranted. Out of 12616 officers. So this tells me that no their isn't this massive killing spree being committed by the police. In order to give this impression requires gal sifting data. This is done by highlighting police shootings throughout the country. Because there is well over 2 million officers in the us counting federal and local. Extrapolaring our findings in la would mean somewhere between 6000 a year involving all from Fbi to your local police. Estimates are no where near this highest I found nation wide is 1200.

So statistically nationwide their is far less then la county. Figured this I took the worst I could find. So this means BLM is a bogus cause when you look at the numbers. Now as far as blacks being singled out more then any other race I looked at violent crime statistics found that blacks were the attackers in 84.9 percent of the violent crimes. Just his one fact alone I think explains why they have a higher number of police shootings then other races don't you?

Sorry for the long post just wanted you guys to see I looked and came to the conclusion the black community needs to solve internal issues before they can solve external ones. Are their racist cops probably are their alot I doubt it. What happens is police get used to the usual suspects you go into the hood an officer is already on alert. Will he be quicker to draw a gun probably is it warranted probably. In some if our cities we have war zones. And sadly discussing on the wrong things continue to ignore the problems. We need to find out what we can do to break this pattern quickly it will only get worse.

edit on 11/27/15 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join