It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Turkey shot down Russian Jet: reportedly by two F16's

page: 34
<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join
share:
(post by bjarneorn removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Some pictures here.
It does appear that both pilots ejected safely, while one pilot appears to have been seen dead on the ground while the other is missing.

edit on 24-11-2015 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: voided

Verizon
can you hear me now.

link   
mm hmm.
WW3 has jumped the fence. This is it. Buckle up

Not one bit surprised. WW3 it is. Ten days in, now.
edit on 11/24/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: Rocker2013

link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

They must have good cable or 4G too I suppose

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: bjarneorn

you sure? :p
www.independent.co.uk...

50 TONNES

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

If it's true Turkey screwed up. Russia screwed up by not responding to warnings (assuming that is true as that is the information we have).

What warning? when flying inside the Syrian airspace what would you do with the warnings, fly into Turkish area?

Putin will not sit back on this, hope this does not get ugly.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 09:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi
a reply to: Ploutonas

This is Article 51... I am sure Turkey could argue this, based on the fact Russian warplane was (allegedly) flying over their airspace. Ultimately there is sod all Russia can do toy Turkey that does not harm themselves and from a military standpoint Russia won't meddle with Turkey, even if NATO allowed them to.

Actually, it is the Russians who have the right of Article 51 here. They are the ones attacked, by Turkey.

My point is, they should use it ...

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

NATO members are responsible for their own airspace and defense, up until the point they invoke Article V of the NATO charter. Only at that point does it become NATO airspace. NATO can assist with security of member nations at their request, but it's still their own airspace.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Turkey dictatorship muslims acting like idiots when they know a war is going on with ISIS.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Just heard on radio that a second Russian plane was just shot down. Could be the helo...checking.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 09:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Belgianbloke
a reply to: bjarneorn

you sure? :p
www.independent.co.uk...

50 TONNES

No, but I'm pretty sure that was a German marking there ... although I could be wrong. It did to me, so I am thinking "NATO" supplies.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Russian Su-24 pilots shot dead while parachuting over Syria - Turkmen militia
www.rt.com...

"As the two Russian pilots descended by parachute after the Su-24 jet was downed, both were shot dead by Turkmen forces, Reuters reports citing a deputy commander of a Turkmen brigade in Syria."

for me, shooting down the plane is one thing, but murdering the pilots for no reason is another. I'm disgusted by their actions.
edit on 24-11-2015 by WW3acomin because: .

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 09:11 AM
link   
I hope this situation escalates.

It's about time the world deals with the countries that support terrorists.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 09:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: WW3acomin
Russian Su-24 pilots shot dead while parachuting over Syria - Turkmen militia
www.rt.com...

for me, shooting down the plane is one thing, but murdering the pilots for no reason is another.
That is why this is so dangerous.These Turks may be part of ISIS.You cannot tell a thing other than mass chaos is breaking out.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 09:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Nikola014

I just heard that there is murmurs of a second Russian fighter being shot down. I've not seen anything yet but will post as soon as any confirmation.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 09:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bearack
a reply to: Nikola014

I just heard that there is murmurs of a second Russian fighter being shot down. I've not seen anything yet but will post as soon as any confirmation.

Yup something about that on Turkish media. We are awaiting more info on that. Please report everything you hear on ATS.

link   
a reply to: WW3acomin

Tantamount to murder.

War crime international law should now kick in ...
Send in the spooks ...

Commiserations to the families affected ...

link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack
I don't get it. Turkey said they wanted to help combat ISIS but mostly bombed the Kurds.

A small detail to fill up the blanks so to speak ; Kurds that Turks bombed were allies of PKK terrorist organisation . In fact the PYD Kurds who Turks bombed was/is a branch of PKK who once had training camps in Syria under Asad's regime . Kurdistan President Barzani and Peshgerma Kurds were also on the side of Turks on this matter .

Then, when Russia actually starts bombing ISIS strong-holds, Turkey shoots down one of their plaines. What's their game?

The plane was killing innocent Turkmen civilians under the pretext of fighting ISIS . Turks have warned the Russians twice in last week and told them that the innocent people are being killed . Russians ignored these warnings because they want to exile the Turkmen of Syria out of the area . Militarily speaking this move would allow the PKK & PYD Kurdish forces to link up and form a Marxist-Leninist State which would be friendly to Russia in the aftermath of break up of Syria .

I really hope that the U.S. and NATO tread lightly on this, there doesn't seem to be a good side to pick.

Not if you understand that the 3.5 million Turkmen of Syria are being forced to defend their lives against Asad , Russia and Iran .
These Turkmen aren't ISIS'es backbone . They are FSO i.e they are ANTI - ISIS too .
NATO has been asked by Turks for such a shoot down and were given a Gren Light to Proceed . This is about the SOVERIGNTY OF NATO .

Additionally, I tend to think there is some hinky stuff going on in Turkey as Erdogan's been a bit of a wild card.

Of course he is a wild card . 1.7 Billion Muslims and Turks are the rightfull owners of Khilafate . If NATO wants to defragment then NATO should renegade on it's word . Which also is fine as far as Turks are concerned .

Plus we have those two women dead in Turkey under mysterious circumstances...the one found hanging in the airport bathroom and the other a reporter who ended up dead after claiming to have proof of ISIS getting resupplied through Turkey.

ISIS is getting supplies thru ARAB lands ; not thru the lands if TURKS . Besides ISIS & Erdogan are mortal enemies . To ISIS most Turks are as infidel as Europeans .

Erdogan might be quilty of asking the West : CHOOSE WISELY . It's either a Western Allied Islamic Bloc or Eastern Allied Islamic Bloc .

new topics

top topics

<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join