It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Turkey shot down Russian Jet: reportedly by two F16's

page: 35
<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 09:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: WW3acomin
Russian Su-24 pilots shot dead while parachuting over Syria - Turkmen militia
www.rt.com...

"As the two Russian pilots descended by parachute after the Su-24 jet was downed, both were shot dead by Turkmen forces, Reuters reports citing a deputy commander of a Turkmen brigade in Syria."

for me, shooting down the plane is one thing, but murdering the pilots for no reason is another. I'm disgusted by their actions.

RT seems to be okay with the Russian parachutes being red.
I really don't know what color Russian issue parachutes are.... anyone else?

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Timely

Sadly its not a war crime.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 09:17 AM
link   
I don't care about the tin foil conspiracies that have been cooked up-this should not have happened.

This is not the first time a plane was shot down over foreign territory; both sides could be at fault, Many European nations are small and the there would be little margin for error when you are doing Mach 1.

Lets hope this was an unfortunate misunderstanding,and before some folk don the dunce hats and start aiming the blame we need to realize that paranoia is not going to solve anything and further investigation will be needed.

edit on 24-11-2015 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: 23432

Can really anyone believe in that rethoric? Do you actually have any evidence about everything you just said?
edit on 24/11/2015 by voyger2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 09:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Timely
a reply to: WW3acomin

Tantamount to murder.

War crime international law should now kick in ...
Send in the spooks ...

Russia should invoke their right of self defence, and declare a war.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Doesn't mean I can't jump up and down ...

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 09:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
mm hmm.
WW3 has jumped the fence. This is it. Buckle up

Not one bit surprised. WW3 it is. Ten days in, now.

I doubted you at the time...not anymore.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 09:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie
... and further investigation will be needed.

Of what? One side downed the plane and promptly not only admitted it, but clearly hinted that they will do it again if needed.

The other side admitted to have a downed plane.

What is there to investigate?

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie
I don't care about the tin foil conspiracies that have been cooked up-this should not have happened.

This is not the first time a plane was shot down over foreign territory; both sides could be at fault, Many European nations are small and the there would be little margin for error when you are doing Mach 1.

Lets hope this was an unfortunate misunderstanding,and before some folk don the dunce hats and start aiming the blame we need to realize that paranoia is not going to solve anything and further investigation will be needed.

I do not think you can trust anything anyone says in any investigation.All using propaganda agaisnt each other.Turks probaly killed the Russians when they parachuted.They did not land safely in Syria.
Turkey has so many radical muslims as well,could have been ISIS members working with Turks,how messed up this thing is.
edit on 24-11-2015 by Jobeycool because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Thank you. This is very helpful.

I did not realize this distinction.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 09:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
mm hmm.
WW3 has jumped the fence. This is it. Buckle up

Not one bit surprised. WW3 it is. Ten days in, now.

I doubted you at the time...not anymore.

You can doubt. It might happen, but certainly not because of this.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Jobeycool

Russia has been attacking the groups who shot at the pilots. Did people think these groups would give the Russians tea and snacks?

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: bjarneorn

Xcathdra is correct in his stance of - they invaded Turkish airspace.

After repeated warnings. Simple.

That is how it would be fought in a bs court somewhere or other ...

The law is an Ass ...

The morals and military implications however ...

Early days of some nastiness I feel ... Hope Im wrong - again .

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 09:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

originally posted by: angryhulk
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Who the F is talking about yoga?

You (and clearly the Turkish military) need to look at the bigger picture and get..a..grip.

You are, when you equate violating airspace and ignoring warnings as "Political correctness". It's not. If they violated the airspace they should have answered the warnings. If someone violates Scottish Airspace, and ignores multiple warnings, what do you want your airforce to do? I know what I want mine to do.

What I expect from Turkey is the same as the US!

And...on several occasions the Mexican Military has violated the border, and flown over US soil as part of one of their missions. These events barely made a "mention" in the news...there were no aircraft being shot down, no serious tensions.

What Turkey has done should be considered a serious violation of protocol.
Firstly; they knew the jets were in the region, they know what the mission was. They were fully aware that the Russians were fighting against ISIS...the very same "enemy" as Turkey and the west; yet the decided to fire on the Russians anyway, and give live, military support to ISIS. Perhaps Turkey should be included as part of the war/combat zone.

Or maybe Turkey can do the right thing and help out in the fight!

link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
a reply to: Jobeycool

Russia has been attacking the groups who shot at the pilots. Did people think these groups would give the Russians tea and snacks?

Well that is another reason it is a total chaos mess on the ground.Russia is not sure who it is when they drop bombs.France,U.S. Nato and Russia should just wipe out all the region except for where Assad main forces are.
edit on 24-11-2015 by Jobeycool because: (no reason given)

link   

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie
I agree, however this could be a staged event in the sense they have led this happen, ie an airplane has been sacrificed, as a precedant for events that have yet to unfold internationally.
I'm holding my breath at the moment on how investigations will turn out and how this will be handled by the authorities involved.
No good can come out of this...

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Timely

Turkey said Russia invaded their airspace, and Russia denies it.

One country supports terrorists, the other is destroying them.

Now, who should we believe?

I know I won't believe a single word that comes out of Erdogan's mouth. But, I will wait for further evidence and then make up my mind.
edit on 24-11-2015 by Nikola014 because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: voyger2

source

Thats a fake pic from the Ukraine - Malayasian airline drama.
edit on 24/11/15 by asen_y2k because: (no reason given)

link   

a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Who the F is talking about yoga?

You (and clearly the Turkish military) need to look at the bigger picture and get..a..grip.

You are, when you equate violating airspace and ignoring warnings as "Political correctness". It's not. If they violated the airspace they should have answered the warnings. If someone violates Scottish Airspace, and ignores multiple warnings, what do you want your airforce to do? I know what I want mine to do.

When did I speak about yoga? Have you lost your mind? Stick to the topic!

We liaise with Russian jets almost bi-monthly that violate our airpspace we do not shoot them down!

Already explained, my mind is not the problem here, I think you understand perfectly well and want to play the fool because the alternative would be to admit you said something stupid.

Russian bombers test airspace, they come close to test the response. They do not violate it.

Test airspace or violate airspace? Do you understand the difference? I'll tell you, there isn't one.

I didn't say anything stupid and you tried to create a link between what I said, and yoga. I'm going to go with; you said something stupid.

If you think there is no difference you are a fool. One you come CLOSE to another nations airspace, but do not enter it, the other you actually enter it. One is fine, one is not.

They do enter it, regularly.

WRONG. The ministry of defence has stated that Russian planes have never violated UK airspace, they just come provocatively close. That would be close over the sea as in 12 miles from the coast.

Turkey is different they violated Turkish air space over land armed with missiles.

The Russians are wrong they were warned and it was not the first time, they deserve what they purposely provoked. The aggressive and incorrect actions of the Russians in Syria is being increasingly exposed and the pro Putin people here on ATS are having a severe attack of Cognitive Dissonance. It is going to get a damn site worse when other countries send their planes in as well.....UK next....Jesus H.

new topics

top topics

<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join