It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Turkey shot down Russian Jet: reportedly by two F16's

page: 33
<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 08:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: Ploutonas

And if Russia attacks Turkey then Turkey will involve Article 5 of NATO. That's the last thing Putin wants.

Is Turkey a NATO member..?
EDIT...Just checked...yes.

Yes.

And Russia is a UN member.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 08:52 AM
link   
It seems that the enemy is dictating the terms ... and the players are not all transparent ...

Really ! ??

If this is indeed what is happening ... the quicker the fire blanket be applied - the less damage .

Cooler diplomats need to step up ...

link   
Another source re the heli.

www.mirror.co.uk...
edit on 24/11/15 by HumanPLC because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: darkbake

Oh never mind... the story just hit CNN.

Russian Jet Downed by Turkey - CNN

All these jets from different countries flying missions in the same location with varying objectives... it sounds messy.
edit on 24amTue, 24 Nov 2015 08:57:54 -0600kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

link   

I wonder if this is going to be a legitimate report, we keep on hearing about Turkey shooting down Russian jets in alternative media but it never makes it to the MSM.

the reports have been all over the MSM, abc nbc, cbs, cnn, fox, msnbc. i don't know how more MSM you can get.

edit on 24-11-2015 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Few more followups that are relative to the the thread:

1 . Solidarity mesage from Kurds to Russia

We the Kurds will be happy to take revenge for the pilot.

Give us MANPADS and we will create a very good flight restricted zone for Erdogan.

Duma proposes cancel all flights to and from Turkey

The Duma reacted immediately after the shooting down of a Russian fighter from Turkish F-16.

According to the latest information, has already filed a proposal to cancel all flights to and from Turkey after the unpleasant development which has caused serious diplomatic incident.

Russian Special Forces recover operation of the two dead bodies of the Soldiers

Is in progress now the Russian special forces to recover the remains of two pilots of Su-24 that katatrifthike by Turkish F-16. The above should be related to the alleged shooting down by the FSA of the Russian helicopter which pertouse in combat rescue research mission. That said reports from Syria which add that the Syrian army for its part has launched a barrage of artillery in the downing of the aircraft.

All sources posted are in Greek language. You can use the google translator to get the meaning.

Regards

Seed

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 08:53 AM
link   

posted at the same time.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: HumanPLC

Link to vid : www.youtube.com...

Notice the American supplied weapons..

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 08:55 AM
link   
This sounds like Turks on the ground could have purposely shot down Russians,you cannot tell what is going on for sure.It may have been Turks that killed the parachuted Russians,ISIS,Syrians,Syrian rebels or who knows.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 08:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

And if Russia attacks Turkey then Turkey will involve Article 5 of NATO. That's the last thing Putin wants.

Wrong, it is exactly what he SHOULD want ...

Putin has two choices, have NATO walk up to Moscow. Either tomorrow, or the day after tomorrow. Or fight a proxy war, where he can show NATO that they can't win, and thus deter for further escalation in Europe.

These are his options ... he should take the latter.

His other option, of course ... which I don't think anyone would suggest. Is to start supplying Turkish opposition groups with heavy armament.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Pardon my ignorance but how do they have, in a war zone, the internet access to just go and upload videos post-haste?

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Mobile phones

originally posted by: voided
Pardon my ignorance but how do they have, in a war zone, the internet access to just go and upload videos post-haste?

link   

Turkish mobile networks cover large ares of north Syria.

link   

This is Article 51... I am sure Turkey could argue this, based on the fact Russian warplane was (allegedly) flying over their airspace. Ultimately there is sod all Russia can do toy Turkey that does not harm themselves and from a military standpoint Russia won't meddle with Turkey, even if NATO allowed them to.

Nothing in the present Charter shall impair the inherent right of individual or collective self-defence if an armed attack occurs against a Member of the United Nations, until the Security Council has taken measures necessary to maintain international peace and security. Measures taken by Members in the exercise of this right of self-defence shall be immediately reported to the Security Council and shall not in any way affect the authority and responsibility of the Security Council under the present Charter to take at any time such action as it deems necessary in order to maintain or restore international peace and security.

Source UN

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: voided

I'v been wondering the same about all those refugees who are on twitter while moving.
I honestly haven't figured it out yet.

link   
a reply to: Belgianbloke

There are no US sourced weapons on the black market ?

link   

Seriously...They have Iphones and other devices just like the west.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 09:00 AM
link   
"at the request of TURKEY, Nato will hold extraordinary meeting to inform members about downing of Russian airplane "

link   
a reply to: voided

link   
They have no clue if those parachuters landed in Syria.

top topics

<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join