It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police operation underway in downtown Brussels

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: clay2 baraka

originally posted by: Belgianbloke
a reply to: reldra

Coincidental only applies within a certain time frame.
2 Radisson blu happenings in 1 week...

The attack in Mali was carried out by a group affiliated with Daesh.

The Mali attackers were Algerian al Queda affiliates, not Daesh.

Then why did they find their flag?
www.aljazeera.com...

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Residents have been told to shelter in place, police and military are evacuating restaurants and shops in the area, setting up a cordon

ETA - NBC is reporting residents have been told to shelter in place "until further notice."

Finding almost nothing outside of that and pictures on Twitter. Very hush hush
edit on 22-11-2015 by Shamrock6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: clay2 baraka

Coincidental only applies within a certain time frame.
2 Radisson blu happenings in 1 week...

The attack in Mali was carried out by a group affiliated with Daesh.

The Mali attackers were Algerian al Queda affiliates, not Daesh.

Then why did they find their flag?
www.aljazeera.com...

"Boko Haram sometimes carries black flags with white inscriptions on top and a white circle below similar to the ISIS flag, making it challenging to assess whether or not the group has an official flag." Source

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 01:35 PM
link   
im guessing here but maybe its just in the area of the hotel as guests can enter but not leave

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand

originally posted by: reldra
a reply to: PublicOpinion
Guests at the Radisson Blu told to stay in their rooms.

First post,

Anyone noticed this is the same hotel chain that was attacked in Mali?
edition.cnn.com...
Excellent point, I hadn't noticed, cheers.
What are the chances of two terrorist attacks in one week at Radisson Blu hotels in different countries?

Perhaps they have the same layout or poor security? Some hotel chains like Travelodge require the use of electronic room cards beyond the reception and on each corridor. Other allow anyone to walk in all the way to the bar, restaurant and guest rooms as well as have large dining areas right next to the reception or have a swimming pool in inner quad with only one exit.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 01:47 PM
link   

The attack wasn't carried out by Boko Haram, but by a small splinter group affiliated with Al-Q. So the article you are referring to is moot.
Also, the flag they show in the news article doesn't look " like" an Isis flag, it IS an isis flag.

Also its been known for some time now that Al-Q and Daesh have joined some military ops.
www.cbsnews.com...

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: stuthealien
im guessing here but maybe its just in the area of the hotel as guests can enter but not leave

I concur.

a reply to: PublicOpinion
Guests at the Radisson Blu told to stay in their rooms.

First post,

Anyone noticed this is the same hotel chain that was attacked in Mali?
edition.cnn.com...

Awesome first post, welcome to ATS!

Several Belgian media outlets reported that the police had arrested four people on Saturday evening, one wearing a suicide belt. Geert Schoorens, a magistrate at the federal prosecutor’s office, said on Sunday that he could “neither deny nor confirm” those reports because investigations were ongoing.

For a second day, the government put the country’s threat level at 4, the highest possible. The United States Embassy in Brussels continued to advise citizens to “remain at home” and avoid public gatherings. The authorities announced that schools and subways in Brussels would remain closed on Monday as well.

A railway station under the headquarters of the European Union’s executive remained sealed off on Sunday and all traffic on the Brussels metro system was suspended. Soldiers with automatic weapons patrolled shopping malls. Several big stores stayed closed. A massive Sunday market near the Brussels-South railway station that usually draws as many as 50,000 shoppers was canceled.

Prime Minister Michel said on Saturday that the threat level had been raised because of “information, relatively precise, of a risk of an attack similar to the one that unfolded in Paris.”

www.nytimes.com...

Ongoing investigation, kinda tough to get more info right now.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 01:49 PM
link   
just saw a tweat saying 99.% sure the government are hiding something from us.

i agree we are not children and deserve to be told the truth why are they hiding stuff that could save a life on the street

edit on 22-11-2015 by stuthealien because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Belgianbloke

Either way, both attacks were from savage and barbaric terrorists who self identify with the religion of Islam.
They share that status, along with the overwhelming majority of terrorists who are targeting Western nations.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

In all honestly, so far the attacks on western country's have been small.
You can't compare that to the suffering they created in the ME.

But barbaric none the less.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 01:56 PM
link   

The attack wasn't carried out by Boko Haram, but by a small splinter group affiliated with Al-Q. So the article you are referring to is moot.
Also, the flag they show in the news article doesn't look " like" an Isis flag, it IS an isis flag.

Also its been known for some time now that Al-Q and Daesh have joined some military ops.
www.cbsnews.com...

This group claimed partial responsibulity source and in the first link, it can be plainly seen that their flag is an ISIS flag. Al-Mourabitoun carried the attack out jointly with AQIM, Al Queda in the Islamic Maghreb and check out THEIR flag. It's what you would call an ISIS flag, but it is really called The Black Flag of Jihad.

I stand corrected about Boko Haram.
edit on 22-11-2015 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Belgianbloke

Oh I was making no comparison, of course the West suffers far less than poor civilians in the ME.
Just pointing out that the only credible terrorist threat in 'The West' is from groups who self identify with the religion of Islam.
The threat to us is tiny, but many folk seem to be wetting themselves about the perceived risk. There is even a thread on ATS where a member is suggesting keeping a spare burka in your bag to pretend to be Muslim in the event of an attack, lol.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 02:00 PM
link   
My friend is in Brussells right now, he says that an operation is under way. His contacts (Gov) have told him that there is a concerted effort to keep movements and operational details out of teh press.

His last words "Siege on the grand place now, telling people to stay away from their windows"

edit on 22-11-2015 by Reverend365 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   

it can be plainly seen that their flag is an ISIS flag.

I think we have some miss-communication, I was the first one here who said they found an ISIS flag in Mali
Not refuting it.

But lets not get lost in nitpicking

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Brussels police using a public bus as a roadblock as police operation continues.

twitter.com...

Weird. Thx 4 the link!

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 02:12 PM
link   
BBC are the only UK outlet running with it at the moment. Pretty much corroborates what has already been said in this thread.

BBC Live

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 02:43 PM
link   
to stop people reporting the truth ,is surpression off the truth and might cost someone there life
edit on 22-11-2015 by stuthealien because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: stuthealien
to stop people reporting the truth ,is surpression off the truth and might cost someone there life

Or by relaying all the information to the terrorists via media, might cost someone's life.

I think the authorities know what they're doing. If they're using a media blackout or whatever it is they're doing, then it's for a good reason.

I seem to remember the coffee shop siege, the terrorists were watching the police on the news. I think they don't want that to happen again.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 03:13 PM
link   
So the police is asking the social community to keep radio silence on the operation in brusseles.
Messed up thing is, they are actually listening.

They totally silenced twitter... damn.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Looks like they are expecting a very big bomb or that chemical attack they had rumors of and keeping everyone away to minimise causities.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join