It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Greek boat intentionally sinks refugee raft

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 07:52 AM
link   
I don't think this vid shows anything of the sort and I think the stupid refugees in their overloaded rafts/boats need to be more careful. Typical anti-something Western propaganda.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Greek coast guard routinely sinks , cripples attacks refugee boats .

Greek thugs roam the Aegean seas looking to rob and rape refugees .

Anyone can go and ask those Syrian refugees and they will tell you that the Greeks don't play fair with them .

Tzipras had a meeting with Davutoglu and was shown the footage . He has allegedly promised to find and punish the criminals .

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 08:27 AM
link   
a reply to: 23432
I am leaning to propaganda but it is vey shady that there are more examples of this as posted by others.
I really want to think it is not true and misreported but I put nothing past human nature in these times.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 08:35 AM
link   
here is a picture of a turkish coastguard ship it clearly is not anything like the ship the man with his hand out
to the sinking raft at 0.26 seconds in the video

now several questions remain
why was i hacked
why has this propaganda been made
why did a muslim nation ship ignore the refugee's

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 08:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: chewi
I am leaning to propaganda but it is vey shady that there are more examples of this as posted by others.
I really want to think it is not true and misreported but I put nothing past human nature in these times.

It is the truth and it is used as a propaganda too , obviously .

In times of desperation , people do desperate things .

Greeks are not immune to inhumanity either .

Thankfully , the Greeks with conscience also exists and they outnumber these criminals like 1:10000 .

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 08:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: stuthealien
here is a picture of a turkish coastguard ship it clearly is not anything like the ship the man with his hand out
to the sinking raft at 0.26 seconds in the video

now several questions remain
why was i hacked
why has this propaganda been made
why did a muslim nation ship ignore the refugee's

If you don't mind me asking , how old are you ?

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 08:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi
I don't think this vid shows anything of the sort and I think the stupid refugees in their overloaded rafts/boats need to be more careful. Typical anti-something Western propaganda.

Do you equate "stupid" with desperate, as I would equate knowledge with wisdom? I pray you never find yourself in a desperate situation, least you must make a less than informed decision, with overwhelming odds. These people are fighting for their very lives and the lives of their children.

Less than 1% of the refugees are radicals. Most are just people trying to survive in a very cold and dangerous world. They are undoubtedly cold, tired, and hungry. With warplanes from the East and West bombing their homeland, I am Sure some probably are wondering what happen to their family's and their world.

Please show a little compassion. But for the grace of God, it could be anyone of us in that boat.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Let's not forget that there is ANOTHER craft 50 yards away, from which this was filmed.
What ship was that?
It probably was not another refugee boat doing the filming...as they had night-vision technology aboard.
edit on 22-11-2015 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 09:21 AM
link   

old enough to know the difference of a coastguard and another vessel,
also i grew up in portsmouth a port and my first ever job was working for sealink
which is now stenna ,and for the record i am 40
are you suggesting i am lying about something
edit on 22-11-2015 by stuthealien because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-11-2015 by stuthealien because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Nickn3

It's irrelevant how many "radicals" are in with the refuges. The fact remains that if 100 people - with their kids - get onto a boat that is designed for (say) ten people, then they are stupid. They are also desperate, but stupid too.

Part of the calculation is that they will be rescued.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 09:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: elementalgrove
a reply to: stuthealien

I believe that is supposedly the Turkish Coast guard rescuing them after it was popped by the Greek guy

I know that it is RT, better than FB though!

The footage was released by the Turkish Institute of Public Diplomacy and shows a person on board the Greek vessel trying to sink the inflatable dinghy, despite it being packed with 58 refugees.

Do not know much about Turkish/Greek relations but is there reason to believe the Turks would be orchestrating propaganda against them?

Link to telegraph as well

Greece and Turkey have a little issue known as Cyprus. Suffice to say there is no love lost.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 09:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: 23432

Greek coast guard routinely sinks , cripples attacks refugee boats .

Greek thugs roam the Aegean seas looking to rob and rape refugees .

Anyone can go and ask those Syrian refugees and they will tell you that the Greeks don't play fair with them .

Tzipras had a meeting with Davutoglu and was shown the footage . He has allegedly promised to find and punish the criminals .

OK got proof of that? I mean hard evidence of it not just a "paid refugee" by RT

Do you got proof of the Greek Pirates? again proof forensic evidence please.

Its all HEARSAY until you have actual proof of it. Also the reason th egreek leader is saying that crap today is because he is a coward and bowing to the refugees. the video looks to me like the guy was trying to help but missed th emark and poked the raft.. Those gaff hooks are hard to use at times.

ALso ANYTHING that has been edited is suspect footage and should never be used for prosecution or charging anyone with anything.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Cypress

SO edited footage by the Turks to smear Greeks again huh? typical sniping from them.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 10:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: stuthealien
he is trying to get the rope for the boat to secure it ,is this propaganda to try to state otherwise ?
why is the video cut why does the footage not continue ?

AT 0.26 YOU CAN CLEARLY SEE THE CREW MEMBER HOLDING OUT HIS HAND TO THEM.

Watch the video again. Look at the night vision portion. He's not trying to hook a line to secure the vessel, notice how forcefully he jams the gaff down and the upward spray of water. Now, pay attention to the deck railing. The portion of the video where people are being helped out of the raft is a different ship entirely.

I'd like to know the provenance of the video clips before I can say that I'm completely sure what we're seeing is actually what it purports to be but I'm fairly confident that you're wrong.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

it would not be possible to move another vessel in to the same orientation of the ship before that raft sank as it was already sinking.
oceans move, ships move and rafts move how much sailing experience do you have may i inquire

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 10:07 AM
link   
More sources:

Daily Mail:

This video footage seems to show the Greek coast guard deliberately sinking a life raft full of Syrian migrants, then leaving them for the Turkish to deal with.

Footage recorded on November 12 shows a crewman on a Greek-marked coast guard ship jabbing a pole into an inflatable ship in the Aegean Sea.

The raft's 58 passengers scream and shout as the vessel starts to sink, before the Greek vessel sails away.

RT (as much as I dislike RT)

The Greek coastguard has strenuously denied allegations from Turkey that it deliberately tried to sink an inflatable refugee boat carrying Syrian refugees crossing the Aegean Sea. A video appeared to show a man trying to prod a life raft with a pole.
Trends

The footage was released by the Turkish Institute of Public Diplomacy and appears to show a person on board the Greek vessel apparently trying to sink the inflatable dinghy, despite it being packed with 58 refugees.

The life raft began to sink, with the refugees frantically blowing whistles and shouting for help. The Turkish coastguard intervened and pulled the migrants to safety from the dinghy. They were then taken to the Turkish port of Didim.

Related:

National Post (Canada)

As Europe grapples with the rising tide of migrants, asylum seekers are facing opposition and, in some cases, violence from locals. Human Rights Watch said Thursday that asked men – often armed – have been attacking and intercepting boats in the Aegean Sea carrying refugees on their way to Greece, one of many clashes reported this week.

Witnesses have described eight separate incidents in which assailants damaged the boats by removing the engines or fuel or puncturing the hulls of inflatable rafts. Some of the boats were towed back into Turkish waters. The latest such incident took place on October 9, 2015.

edit on 2015-11-22 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 10:09 AM
link   

What a load of bull#, people of the press are present, many people of various organisations are helping immigrants that come from Turkey to Greece, don't think that it would go unnoticed if Greece did what you accuse them of, mass murder.
There have been many casualties during 2013/14, hence that is why patrol boats are in the area, to prevent more casualties.

If there is one country to blame for casualties in the waters between Greece and Turkey, it is Turkey who allows many people to undertake such a dangerous trip.
Thousands come from Turkey to Greece per month, and those behind it make good money of this kind of business.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: stuthealien

Who do you think is shooting the video? We know that there is already another vessel in close proximity because the video is being shot from it. Longer video:

Notice the railing of the ship from which the video is being shot (00:15)? It's the same as the when the people are being pulled out of the water (01:03). Also, at 00:58, you can see that the now sinking raft has no ship next to it.

EDIT:

I'd still like to see raw unedited video if anyone can find it.
edit on 2015-11-22 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian
I am looking and have no luck finding it.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: chewi

I want to know more about this situation but by all outward appearances it seems like that guy is a great big ****head!

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join