It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Greek boat intentionally sinks refugee raft

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: earthling42
I can imagine the feelings of discontent and anger amongst Greek citizens but to drive people to this is beyond belief.

Just who will prosecute and whom will be prosecuted is my next question. The captain, the perp or all of the people on the ship.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: chewi

Yes, agreed, also these islands are very close to Turkey and far from Greek mainland.
Furthermore, via an allocation, most of the immigrants will go to member states in the EU.

Certainly the captain in my opinion, i don't see how his crew could do such a thing without repercussions from his officer.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 04:11 PM
link   
A bit rich coming from the Turkish institute , turks being traditional enemies of Greeks its obvious propaganda. Its like posting a news article by ISIL regarding US news or US events

edit on 22-11-2015 by MegaSpace because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 11:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: earthling42

i've done a search in google, and the list of sunken boats is staggering, couple that with the info which 23432 has shared with us, it is hard to remain in doubt about why they sunk.

This will certainly have consequences for Greece.

Without real hard evidence. wreckage to be examined nothing will happen really.

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 04:18 AM
link   

sorry dude now we have longer footage i was completely wrong i apollogise to you.but i am still confused as from this angle the turkish coastguard was very close
almost following the refugee's i still think its not clear cut almost a game for the press why was the turkish coastguard not helping untill the raft sunk and where did these refugee's get all those lifejackets from ?

is this state sponsored people trafficking by the turkish ..sorry but something is not right i just get this feeling guess we will never know.

anyway sorry op !

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 04:48 AM
link   
a reply to: stuthealien
No apology necessary my friend. I am confused and want to judge without the emotion and cannot do it as it is hard to believe anyone could do this.

A big thank you to all who contributed and hope it helped understand the plight of the refugees who are merely pawns in a world game.

Do we expect these children to become a model citizen if the country they end up in. NO, they will take hate to new level in the future.

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 07:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Nickn3

Less than 1% of the refugees are radicals. 

But how many are refugees?

People are concerned for the massive numbers of people crossing their borders. The majority of the people in these large groups are asylum seekers that have not received refugee status and the majority are not true refugees.

So which peoples are they using as their sample to get that number of 1%?

I am sick of the government and the media pissing our heads and trying to convince us it is just rain.

edit on 23-11-2015 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: Word fix.

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 07:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: chewi
No apology necessary my friend. I am confused and want to judge without the emotion and cannot do it as it is hard to believe anyone could do this.

A big thank you to all who contributed and hope it helped understand the plight of the refugees who are merely pawns in a world game.

Do we expect these children to become a model citizen if the country they end up in. NO, they will take hate to new level in the future.

Why is the taught and expected response always, revenge? Why is the rule, do unto others before they do unto me? And if it is done unto you the rule becomes, do unto others ten fold what they have done to me?

We have been doing, and teaching that for centuries, that is how we got here.

Human nature and the visceral response don't need to be taught. What needs to be taught, is be the change you want to see. These children are growing up with all the tools of knowledge at their fingertips. We should be teaching them to learn from our mistakes, not exponentiate them.

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 07:54 AM
link   
I am going to call BS propaganda on this. Why risk it looking intentional when they could of just swamped them or ran them over. Make it look as a horrible accident. At night in some what rough seas low visibility. It's happened before.

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 12:59 PM
link   

If they are going to take hate to the next level isnt it better to dissapear at sea? They ar e already lost so i t could actually be a kindness.

Still theres more going on than can be seen in that nighttime video. Since its been edited even a longer version is highly dubious if its coming streight from A turkish source.

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 09:42 PM
link   
a reply to: elementalgrove

Turks and Greeks have a very long history of severe dislike.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 02:48 AM
link   
a reply to: yuppa
Here is an update on opinion. Certainly not mine.

www.huffingtonpost.co.uk...

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 11:28 AM
link   

a reply to: yuppa
Here is an update on opinion. Certainly not mine.

www.huffingtonpost.co.uk...

So the greeks are Officially denying it shows a tyr to actually sink it. Those hooks are used by all rescue crews on the sea to drag boats closer it seems. The turks doctored the footage it seems. Point is theres no evidence it was intentional. In the future just dont tyr to save any of them and let nature take its course. dont even approach them and if they get to shore arrest them send them back to syria.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Your assumption that it is propaganda is 100% spot on.

What the Turks have done numerous times is sink or damage vessels so that they start taking on water either in Greek waters or by the time they reach Greek waters, forcing the Greek coast guard and/or navy to respond to an emergency.

Numerous times the Turks have released what they claim is Greek vessels sinking boats or throwing immigrants into the water.

Each and every time it is patently false and fabricated.
I believe at least once the vessel in the footage was actually a Turkish vessel.

Besides, it's not hard to buy a Greek flag or a flag of any country on eBay among many other online retailers.

At a time when Turkey is getting hammered in the media for it's role with ISIS, and Greece receives attention for not only rescuing thousands of migrants, but taking care of hundreds of thousands of them while it it self is dealing with an economic depression and cant even afford to look after it's own most vulnerable people...of course it's propaganda.

We've seen this before from Turkey, and we are seeing it again.

I just wathced a video on Youtube, that shows footage from a Turkish vessel..the Turkish vessels footage doesn't even show anything bad happening.
The rest of the footage, filmed by the Greek coast guard it self, shows a sailor trying to bring a raft in up against the hull of his coast guard vessel.

How else are they going to get the people off the raft and onto the coast guard vessel?

These threads should be laughed at for how dumb such a thread actually is.

No actual proof of something happening, except footage showing coast guards helping people, but because the sensationalist claim's been made, well hey, let's start a thread about it on an Internet forum. Let's not bother to do any background research which would have lead the OP to actually realize claims by Turkey, and these claims originate 110% out of Ankara and Ankara only, such as this, aren't that uncommon, but also are fabrications and propaganda.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 12:59 AM
link   
a reply to: mortex
Not another perfect poster. Wow you are full of yourself aren't you. It must be great in your world where you are always right and your opinion is more valid and you can slate a poster. Idiotic comments like yours can put people off posting. This is a discussion site and things are put on it to form discussions.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 01:05 AM
link   
That is correct Mortex, i recall reading news articles as far back as 2005 or 2006. Turks intentionally damaging boats or small dingy's in order to force the Greek authorities to rescue them while inside Greek waters as its international law should rescuing be required. Illegals have been entering Greece from turkey from that long ago, its not new...
edit on 9-12-2015 by MegaSpace because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join