It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Greek boat intentionally sinks refugee raft

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Footage allegedly shows someone on a Greek intentionally sinking a life raft full of refugees, including children.Greek boat intentionally sinks refugee raft[/url]

Greek border control are filmed sinking a dinghy with children and families on board. There was 58 Syrian refugees and the Turkish coast guard intervened to save them.
Allegedly the Greek authorities are investigating.

www.facebook.com...

Watch the footage and make up your own mind. Did Greece just stop a terrorist attack or try to murder civilians. Wherever they are from.

This is my first thread so patience if It is not up to standard.
edit on 22-11-2015 by chewi because: Typo

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 06:04 AM
link   
You may want to fix your link. It goes to facebook and is a minute long video on politicians and money??? No boat sinking anywhere to be found?

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 06:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe
Sorry its fixed

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 06:09 AM
link   
Wrong footage attached ...I am only seeing global warming footage.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 06:10 AM
link   
a reply to: chewi

It is sad that your first thread has to capture such barbarity!

The level of ugliness that exists throughout the world today is staggering.

I hope that those on board that ship representing the Greek people are held accountable for such heinous acts, no amount of fear promoted by the TV justifies what we witnessed that individual do.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 06:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Meldionne1
Try now sorry it my first time. don't hurt me. lol

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 06:13 AM
link   
a reply to: elementalgrove
I always had a question about war times and what makes people do what they do and how do they justify it to themselves.

I still cant answer it.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 06:13 AM
link   
he is trying to get the rope for the boat to secure it ,is this propaganda to try to state otherwise ?
why is the video cut why does the footage not continue ?

AT 0.26 YOU CAN CLEARLY SEE THE CREW MEMBER HOLDING OUT HIS HAND TO THEM.
edit on 22-11-2015 by stuthealien because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 06:15 AM
link   
a reply to: stuthealien
Its not my propaganda sorry. I am just posting what I saw and can only hope to debunk or prove. I would be really relieved if it is fake.
Please let it be fake.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Well....after watching the video....it looks like he's trying to hook the rope on the raft to get control of the raft. Not puncture it. ....and with the big spotlight from the other rescue boat ( and who's filming it )shining on them ...I highly doubt he's trying to sink the boat. ...looks like a joint effort. The raft may have been accidentally punctured,..but I'm not seeing it was done on purpose.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 06:17 AM
link   

PAUSE THE VIDEO AT 0.26 YOU CAN CLEARLY SEE THE CREW MEMBER HOLDING OUT HIS HAND.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 06:21 AM
link   

I believe that is supposedly the Turkish Coast guard rescuing them after it was popped by the Greek guy

I know that it is RT, better than FB though!

The footage was released by the Turkish Institute of Public Diplomacy and shows a person on board the Greek vessel trying to sink the inflatable dinghy, despite it being packed with 58 refugees.

Do not know much about Turkish/Greek relations but is there reason to believe the Turks would be orchestrating propaganda against them?

Link to telegraph as well

edit on America/ChicagoSundayAmerica/Chicago11America/Chicago1130amSunday6 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Thank you and I agree. I did not think of this at first so it shows propaganda is a powerful tool. I will think again next time.
Thanks and it did have me fooled for a time.

edit on 22-11-2015 by chewi because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 06:31 AM
link   
a reply to: elementalgrove

ok i saw your point but replayed it several times to consider your statement.

1)first why is the footage edited

2) their boat was sinking are we to believe the coastguard managed to maneuver on a moving ocean to the same orientation as the first boat before the raft sank.

3) if that was supposed to be the coast guard rescue as you claim .WHO DID THE FILMING THAT WOULD REQUIRE A 3RD SHIP

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 06:32 AM
link   
It looks to me like he was doing his best to secure the life-raft, not puncture it. But a 41-second video is rather selective, isn't it?

It reminds me of the Guardian newspaper advert in the late '80's:

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Under International Maritime Organization (IMO) regulations and in particular SOLAS (Safety of life at sea), what I see in this video gives me cause for concern HOWEVER I cannot determine if he was trying to catch the rafts lifeline (his rapid downward motion holding the gaff-hook) which is attached to the perimeter of the raft.

The fact that the vid was cut short before I could make out the consequential result makes me think we have witnessed propaganda,

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 06:34 AM
link   
a reply to: lacrimoniousfinale
That is my fav advert and it a classic of how sometimes people like me cannot see the wood for the trees sometimes.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 06:37 AM
link   

These are good questions Stu!

I am signing off for the day and I am sure these questions will be answered, I hope to god it is propaganda after seeing that video of the Syrian families getting kicked over by "Journalists" my stomach can not take much more of this barbarity!

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 07:19 AM
link   
I do not know from when its the video posted by the OP. What i do know however is the following. On the 20/09/2015 there was an accident caused by a Turkish ferryboat when it rammed a vessel that was transporting illegals and Syrian refugees from Canakkale to Lesbos.

Half of the 46 people where rescued by the turkish and 13 went missing. The incident happened inside the Turkish territorial waters.

Source

The source is in Greek language, the google translator says :

A Turkish ferry in Turkish territorial waters, he ran into an inflatable boat, carrying dozens of Syrian refugees and illegal from Canakkale to Lesbos.
According to preliminary information, there are 13 dead, among them 4 children.
Of the 46 people who carried the small boat were rescued half of the Turkish vessel. While missing 13 still illegal. Investigations are continuing across the region.

As i said on the beginning of my post i do not know the date of that video. So i could be wrong. Watching the video however, that it was very short, i could hear one the coast guard person shouting "Take my hand".

Regards

Seed
edit on 22-11-2015 by Seed76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 07:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Seed76

GO LOOK AT GOOGLE IMAGES FOR TURKISH COASTGUARD THE TURKISH COASTGUARD BOATS ARE CLEARLY MARKED

THE MAN WITH HIS HAND OUT AT 0.26 IS NOT ON A TURKISH COASTGUARD VESSEL

I TRIED TO UPLOAD THE IMAGE TO PROVE THIS BUT I HAVE BEEN HACKED AND I NO LONGER HAVE ADMIN RIGHTS

edit on 22-11-2015 by stuthealien because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join