It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Greek boat intentionally sinks refugee raft

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian
The turks doctored the video then released it. you wont find a original because it was shot by them most likely.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 10:43 AM
link   
I am not accusing you of anything . I was curios about your reasoning , logic and rational thought process.

It is not uncommon for civilian Greek boats to assume the un-official immigration role in these waters .

It is also a known fact that Golden Dawn has dispatched men to the area . Anyone on the islands can see it for themselves .

From the Turkish / Bodrum end , I have friends who are sailors and long ago I once was a sailor in Bodrum myself .

One can go to Bodrum parks and one can talk to these refugees and one can hear how Greeks sunk their boats or crippled their engines .

I use also go out with Turkish Coast Guard , I know from first hand what it is like .

Why should it surprise anyone that there are racist , rapist Greeks who are operating in the area ?

If there was similar influx to say Bournemouth , wouldn't you have thugs from all over UK looking to do the same ?

A thug is thug is a thug .

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Isn't is possible that the Greek Coast Guard ship has protocol regarding protection from the potential of terrorist bombs getting too close to the hull of their ship?

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: 23432

Without PROOF though its hearsay. ANy court would toss claims such as those out without any evidence to examine except"witness testimony"

Not saying it dont happen(on both sides i bet) but accusations do not a conviction make.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: earthling42

What a load of bull#, people of the press are present, many people of various organisations are helping immigrants that come from Turkey to Greece, don't think that it would go unnoticed if Greece did what you accuse them of, mass murder.

Had a holiday in Bodrum this summer and saw no press nor any organisation you mentioned . The area is overwhelmed by soon to be refugees . There are no organisation with boats to patrol the high seas .
You wouldn't believe what does go unnoticed on the high seas sometimes .

There have been many casualties during 2013/14, hence that is why patrol boats are in the area, to prevent more casualties.

Actually they were there when I was a young man way back in 1970's . Greek coast guard is limited and can't do much to stem the tide of refugees . Golden Dawn members , in collusion with SOME Greek coast guards , do routinely rob refugees and islands are full of wannabe refugee rapists who are looking for their opportunity . It is a medal of honour to these people ; a right of passage if you like .

It might be too harsh to hear but nevertheless , it is the truth.

If there is one country to blame for casualties in the waters between Greece and Turkey, it is Turkey who allows many people to undertake such a dangerous trip.
Thousands come from Turkey to Greece per month, and those behind it make good money of this kind of business.

Turks allowed 2 million refugees and some of them are using their choice free travel to head for Europe . Most of them are actually residing in Turkey as we speak .
There is no LAW in Turkey that would enable the detention of refugees ; they are free to travel .

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

Without PROOF though its hearsay. ANy court would toss claims such as those out without any evidence to examine except"witness testimony"

Not saying it dont happen(on both sides i bet) but accusations do not a conviction make.

You are missing the point .

No nation is without a thieves , murderers , rapists.

Its a stain on All Of Humanity , forget about the conviction.

edit on 22-11-2015 by 23432 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft
a reply to: chewi

Under International Maritime Organization (IMO) regulations and in particular SOLAS (Safety of life at sea), what I see in this video gives me cause for concern HOWEVER I cannot determine if he was trying to catch the rafts lifeline (his rapid downward motion holding the gaff-hook) which is attached to the perimeter of the raft.

The fact that the vid was cut short before I could make out the consequential result makes me think we have witnessed propaganda,

Be it propaganda or not...this video stirs up a lot of conflict either way with regards to the migration of muslims from syria and the problems that are going on within the countries accepting refugees. That said, with Europe increasing their terror threat levels, I wouldn't be surprised some countries taking action as to sinking crafts with refugees on them to prevent their perceived risk of a terror threat entering their country.

To be honest...how do we know this was a Greek ship anyways? And how do we know Turkey rescue was involved? For all we know ISIS could have paid for this video taping to stir conflict and promote propaganda on migrating refugees experiencing hardship. This could be all an act [in other words]

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 11:39 AM
link   

That is true, they can only take them in and bring them ashore.
They can't stop them from leaving the turkish beach on their journey towards Greece.
A delegation of dutch journalists have been present and they have traveled the same route with immigrants across the mediterranean waters to see how it is organized and what these people go through.
During this particular trip the sea was calm, they made it without problems and were picked up by the Greek coast guard.
This moment was described as scary because the raft almost capsized due to the large ship compared to the raft.

I have no doubt that immigrants (not refugees, Turkey is a safe country and not at war) are being robbed.
In the last few years, members of the golden dawn have not been very friendly towards immigrants to say it softly.
But that is on the islands, not at sea where Greek and Turkish patrol boats are on the lookout for immigrants.
Of course people are free to travel, but this kind of travel is not legal and dangerous.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 11:49 AM
link   
For some strange reason, I remember hearing this exact story a couple of years ago, same scenario, the guy was just dropping the hook in the water by the boat , and someone was putting the exact same spin on the story, then when you saw the full footage you saw no Ill intent, and the refugees being saved, but someone used that few seconds of footage to try to make it look otherwise. I'll bet this is nothing more than a reuse of that story.
edit on Sun201511V2015511130 by DonVoigt because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: earthling42

That is true, they can only take them in and bring them ashore.
They can't stop them from leaving the turkish beach on their journey towards Greece.
A delegation of dutch journalists have been present and they have traveled the same route with immigrants across the mediterranean waters to see how it is organized and what these people go through.
During this particular trip the sea was calm, they made it without problems and were picked up by the Greek coast guard.
This moment was described as scary because the raft almost capsized due to the large ship compared to the raft.

I have no doubt that immigrants (not refugees, Turkey is a safe country and not at war) are being robbed.
In the last few years, members of the golden dawn have not been very friendly towards immigrants to say it softly.
But that is on the islands, not at sea where Greek and Turkish patrol boats are on the lookout for immigrants.
Of course people are free to travel, but this kind of travel is not legal and dangerous.

Local fisherman films Greek Coast Guard sinking refugee boat and rescues the migrants . August 2015 - Bodrum.

This one is a TV report from 2013 , town of Ayvalik , reporting of crippling and sinking of a boat full of migrants .

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: DonVoigt
For some strange reason, I remember hearing this exact story a couple of years ago, same scenario, the guy was just dropping the hook in the water by the boat , and someone was putting the exact same spin on the story, then when you saw the full footage you saw no Ill intent, and the refugees being saved, but someone used that few seconds of footage to try to make it look otherwise. I'll bet this is nothing more than a reuse of that story.

This is a genuine video(s) of a Turkish Coast Guard and a Turkish Civilian boat witnessing the act of piracy and saving the victims .

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: 23432

Isn't this the same footage as in the OP, just from different angle(s)?

Edit: Answered my question already myself. Yes it is the same incident. I think 23423 can shed some light on this one

edit on 22-11-2015 by Danowski because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: stuthealien
he is trying to get the rope for the boat to secure it ,is this propaganda to try to state otherwise ?
why is the video cut why does the footage not continue ?

AT 0.26 YOU CAN CLEARLY SEE THE CREW MEMBER HOLDING OUT HIS HAND TO THEM.

At .20 you can clearly see the man puncture the raft where water vapor sprays almost back into his face. Yes, he is intentionally trying to sink the raft.
edit on 22-11-2015 by CharlesT because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skywatcher2011
To be honest...how do we know this was a Greek ship anyways?

By the colour stripes it looks like a Greek ship.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: 23432
This is a genuine video(s) of a Turkish Coast Guard and a Turkish Civilian boat witnessing the act of piracy and saving the victims .

Thanks for that slightly longer video, as it shows the ship's ID at the beginning.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Watch the footage and make up your own mind. Did Greece just stop a terrorist attack or try to murder civilians.

Asylum seekers are not terrorists. All of the Paris attackers where EU nationals..

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 02:14 PM
link   
This person is right and wrong in a sense, he is right because some, I'm not trying to offend anyone here, but some of these refugees could be terrorists, I hate to say it but they could be more than just "Asylum Seekers". On the other hand, most, if not all these people could just be looking to get away from the war torn country that they came from, whether it be Iraq or Syria.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: purplemer
Sorry I was being flippant. I know they are not terrorist and wish them all a safe passage.

I was trying to emphasise the fact I believed it at the time and think, (if true,) it is attempted mass murder.
Thanks to everyone who replied.

BTW I am still undecided, but thanks for the input.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 02:58 PM
link   

ok thank you sometimes come out a little different when you read them

happy days

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 03:01 PM
link   

i've done a search in google, and the list of sunken boats is staggering, couple that with the info which 23432 has shared with us, it is hard to remain in doubt about why they sunk.

This will certainly have consequences for Greece.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join