It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ISIS defector explains a key reason why people continue to join the group

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: eisegesis

The article makes it sound like they are "regular people". Well any level-headed person would know that AFFILIATING with these groups that have just massacred all these people, ISN'T WORTH the financial incentives.

They are representing extremists who have no value for them or their family, other than to use them as pawns.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

When it's a choice between starving, having a bullet put through your temple, or joining ISIS making such decisions becomes a lot easier. It's easy to sit back in your chair in front of your computer and judge them for making the inhumane decision, but when you are actually there and living it things aren't so simple.

You need perspective.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: redhorse

Most of you will judge my lack of moral fortitude but at least I'm honest with myself. Most of you would also do the same whether you'll admit it or not.

uhm no most of us wouldnt kill innocent children so our own could eat..

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie

that doesn't explain the white boy from the rual U.S., or the white girls going to have little jihad babies.
or the aussie who took his kids over and poses with cut off heads now does it.

why do those folks join?

Just playin' a hunch here:
Because they're F'ing MORONS!

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 09:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: redhorse

If I were faced with the choice of watching my children starve or survival well...

Allah Akbar or whatever they want me to say, whoever they want me to shoot, whatever.

Most of you will judge my lack of moral fortitude but at least I'm honest with myself. Most of you would also do the same whether you'll admit it or not.

So working to feed your children is out of the question...
The only way is to kill and torture other people's children in order to feed yours.

that explains a lot about the world we live in...

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 09:28 AM
link   
In June 2015
SAPO ( Swedish security service )
translation

Individuals behind recruitment

The Security Service has a clear view of the ongoing radicalization and recruitment in Örebro.

The raid is part of the effort being made to the local recruitment.

Security Police see that there are connections to the mosques in Örebro and Eskilstuna. Mosques have served as a rallying point.

Recruitment has mainly been in an organized form in other places such as cafes and other places of assembly. We want to point out that there are religious congregations that are pointed out. It is an individual's criminal activities behind recruitment.

LINK

18 november 2015 at 16.27 interview with Hashim Salad Elmi

IS-recruiters are in the Swedish mosques

So what happened in Paris could happen in Sweden?

- Yes, it could happen in Sweden, I would not be surprised, says Haashim Salad Elmi, chairman of the Swedish-Somali aid organization that works to prevent violent extremism.

Young people meet recruiters in mosques all over Sweden. Since the radicalized over time, to finally reach the point to go to Syria and fight, says Haashim Salad Elmi.

In Sweden, around 300 people have traveled to join the terror sect of the Islamic State, IS, in Syria and Iraq, which is the second highest per capita in Europe, after Belgium.

Preventive measures must be much greater extent come from the Muslim group, inside the mosques, where most recruiters make contacts with young, angry men, he says.

- Enlist the help of the scholars, who can religion better, so that young people do not get confused. Point Mark them as recruits. It is the recruitment and radicalization of those who are the root cause. So it is not the young who radicalized the problem, it's the recruiter. And they are there.

The radicalization takes place in three stages, said Haashim Salad Elmi. A youth on the sliding trying to get out of its problems, start to go in the mosque and in a third step tie him into contact with a recruiter that create a context for him. Ultimately, this may result in that they want to fight with weapons.

Recruiters have now begun to focus on new groups of young people, those who are apparently well off. Young guys that have just made it through a higher education, for example.

- The aim of the educated. First it was the petty criminals, but now on the young people who are educated, those who are about to finish a course at university or begin work. These 300 that Säpo says has moved away, and where some have returned, they have not gone overnight. They have been recruited and radicalized. And they made it seem still in the community. So this problem is not solved by incarcerate young people, for there will be new young people all the time, says Haashim Salad Elmi, working to prevent violent extremism.

translation from

Radio Sweden

Just few links to show how recruiting happens in Sweden and other countries
edit on 20-11-2015 by dollukka because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 09:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore

The article makes it sound like they are "regular people". Well any level-headed person would know that AFFILIATING with these groups that have just massacred all these people, ISN'T WORTH the financial incentives.

They are representing extremists who have no value for them or their family, other than to use them as pawns.

You sound like someone who either has never had kids, had to watch them starve or who doesn't know themselves very well.

When I was younger I had to make a choice, either my son ate or I did. Guess who ate? I weighed 87 lbs. How many "level-headed" people can sit there and watch their children starve or be shot? I don't think that most of these people have any illusions about the motives of ISIS toward them and their family. They just want to survive.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Isn't that the same reason so many people joined the American military during hard times? Because they needed money?

This is probably just one of a myriad of reasons, some of which you had a great thread about a while back that invoked yesterday in another discussion about radicalization.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

that works to.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 09:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: redhorse

originally posted by: FamCore

You sound like someone who either has never had kids, had to watch them starve or who doesn't know themselves very well.

When I was younger I had to make a choice, either my son ate or I did. Guess who ate? I weighed 87 lbs. How many "level-headed" people can sit there and watch their children starve or be shot? I don't think that most of these people have any illusions about the motives of ISIS toward them and their family. They just want to survive.

you are starting to sound like a sympathizer.. There are alot of other ways to get food tan join ISIS.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Honestly I find this appalling. Under no circumstances would I participate in killing thousands of innocent people for money. And if you think "most people would" then I believe you are highly mistaken.

I would accept my lot in life, comfort my children, and die with them. I've seen photo's of them, and they don't look like they are starving to me. They look quite fit.

Stop providing them with excuses, and if the poor ole thangs can be bought for $50.00 a month, then we should pay them twice that to get them to stop this cutthroat rampage. Would they take the money, drop their weapons and go home?

I doubt it.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Yea when the situation is absolutely desperate, there is no end in sight, and you are losing hope even the worst decisions start to look more appealing. It's amazing how people can pretend they'd make the same exact decisions using the same exact thought processes while living in a war zone that they made from the safety of their house.

I'd like to say I'd stand by my principles, but hunger is a very driving force. I can't say one way or the other.
edit on 20-11-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

Have you ever actually been starving or seen your kids starve to know how you'd react under those circumstance?

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Social causes and religion---they are just excuses thugs use to act out their true motive, which is to release their anger about something in extreme acts of hatred and violence. These kinds of people think their lawlessness is justified because it is wrapped up in some "righteous cause" they can use as an excuse to be violent to the extreme.

I would call them criminally insane. Dangerous dangerous people. We have people right here in the States like that. Get them stirred up about some perceived wrong, then ramp it up full throttle, stir them up some more, and soon they are out there burning businesses down and shooting cops. Criminally insane.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 09:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: alienjuggalo
Sounds like a cop out to me.. I am broke boo hoo I guess I will go kill a bunch on innocent people for my 50$.

Sounds a lot like people joining the army to me.

originally posted by: alienjuggalo
I think it is better if they joined because they believe god wants them to.

Yeah I'm sure that would make things better.

50$ there is probably worth a lot more than here.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 09:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: FamCore

When it's a choice between starving, having a bullet put through your temple, or joining ISIS making such decisions becomes a lot easier. It's easy to sit back in your chair in front of your computer and judge them for making the inhumane decision, but when you are actually there and living it things aren't so simple.

Did you witness it happening, or are you assuming it in a desperate defensive mode?

You need perspective.

I agree but making one up doesn't work either...

There are people in this world who would sacrifice their own lives for the ones they love, these people are heroes

There are also people who would kill innocents and spread misery for a few easy buck, claiming they are feeding their families, those are scumbags that deserve no sympathizers from the civilized world...

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dr1Akula
There are people in this world who would sacrifice their own lives for the ones they love, these people are heroes

There are also people who would kill innocents and spread misery for a few easy buck, claiming they are feeding their families, those are scumbags that deserve no sympathizers from the civilized world...

I'm thinking the same about people controlling drones that kill innocents.

link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

there are how many thousands pouring out of syria, i'm sure many of those have had the same choice.
explain why those chose not to join and kill innocents instead of leaving, or the ones who stayed and are not doing the same.

it's not like there's no help elsewhere, even though it's hard to get there.

edit on 20-11-2015 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

link   

A bad decision would be to a eat a cockroach. Killing thousands of people..... No.

Some people know themselves well enough to know what they might do in given situations. Not all the time. But I think mass murders might be included in those things one might know about themselves. It takes a "special person" to agree to that for 50 bucks a month.

So then, you want to give me a ball park figure on how much it would take to buy you?

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: ladyinwaiting

A bad decision would be to a eat a cockroach. Killing thousands of people..... No.

War is a nasty thing. People do and justify TERRIBLE actions during it because the watchful eye of authority is non-present. You didn't answer my question though.

Some people know themselves well enough to know what they might do in given situations. Not all the time. But I think mass murders might be included in those things one might know about themselves. It takes a "special person" to agree to that for 50 bucks a month.

Go to a warzone first then come back and tell me this.

So then, you want to give me a ball park figure on how much it would take to buy you?

That all depends on what they are trying to buy me to do, what they are trying to bribe me with, and how desperate I was to get what they are offering.

My company bought me for $50,000 a year to be an IT professional for the company.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join