It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ISIS defector explains a key reason why people continue to join the group

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

See. You have just told me that you are willing to go against your morals even slightly if given enough desperation.

Of course. I understand situation ethics. I would do what I said without blinking an eye and maybe worse. I might hold a pharmacist at gunpoint to give me the medicine.

But pick up a machine gun and start mowing down hundreds maybe thousands of innocent people to save my child?

Not going to happen. I'm sorry you can't seem to accept the fact that there are people who are different than you. And I'm not trying to present myself in a favorable light. I'm just telling the truth. It's you who won't accept it.

My motto: You can tell people the truth, but you can't make them believe it.

I'm done here KS. See ya.

edit on 11/20/2015 by ladyinwaiting because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

Okay, I think the best comparison we have is Nazi Germany in relatively recent times. Do you think those young soldiers enjoyed the horror they witnessed and were party to?

They didn't and it probably haunted them for the rest of their lives. They didn't have much choice and once they were in, the only way out was death.

It's so easy to say you wouldn't do such and such but when you're left with little choice, the will to survive can outweigh the alternatives.

Also, just like the Nazis, the propoganda is strong and very convincing to desperate individuals.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: ladyinwaiting

See. You have just told me that you are willing to go against your morals even slightly if given enough desperation.

Of course. I understand situation ethics. I would do what I said without blinking an eye and maybe worse. I might hold a pharmacist at gunpoint to give me the medicine.

Pharmacist? What makes you believe such things exist in Syria? Do you think if you thought of such a plan that other starving mothers hadn't thought of the same thing?

But pick up a machine gun and start mowing down hundreds maybe thousands of innocent people to save my child?

It wouldn't be a simple transition like that. It would likely start with you joining ISIS and doing some other stuff that you are morally ambivalent about. Then the longer you are with the organization, the more awful their requests become until they have you massacring people. It's a gradual process.

Not going to happen. I'm sorry you can't seem to accept the fact that there are people who are different than you. And I'm not trying to present myself in a favorable light. I'm just telling the truth. It's you who won't accept it.

No, I know there are people different than me. I know that there are people who wouldn't join ISIS no matter what. Clearly that is the case because not all of Syria has joined ISIS. I'm just saying that things aren't as simple as you are looking at them. You keep jumping to mass murder. Well how do you know that is going to be the first thing ISIS orders you to do if you join them?

Question Have you ever wondered why people join suicide cults? People don't join those cults thinking they will eventually be drinking the kool-aid. Things start out simply then get worse and worse until you are drinking the kool-aid. It relies on a lot of group think mentality and the desire not to make waves.
edit on 20-11-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: alienjuggalo

originally posted by: buster2010
a reply to: alienjuggalo

Sounds like a cop out to me.. I am broke boo hoo I guess I will go kill a bunch on innocent people for my 50$.

So are they really any different from the mercenary groups we have here in the states like Blackwater and others?

Yes... I havnt seen one video of a blackwater merc holding up a dead babys head while chanting to Allah..

No just videos of them running people down in their Humvees that we give them.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Ironic that some people say they don't want refugees here on the off chance one of them could be a terrorist. So, they are willing to let millions of innocent people suffer and die to keep their own families safe and alive from a minuscule possibility.

And yet, when they hear that some people join up with Isis to keep their own families safe and alive from the absolute certainty of murder and/or starvation, the judgements start flying.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 10:51 AM
link   

You keep jumping to mass murder

We are talking about ISIL, are we not? You don't think they commit mass murders. Alrighty then. I do.

As I said, I'm done here. Apologizing for ISIL is something I cannot fathom, you can, so I shall bow out, hopefully, with my integrity intact.

edit on 11/20/2015 by ladyinwaiting because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

Now you are making things up about my argument again... Duh of course they commit mass murder! But that isn't the only thing they do. And now you are accusing me of apologizing for ISIS again!

Stop strawmaning my argument! Seriously, do bow out. You have zero respect for me and have no intention of talking to me respectfully.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Stop making excuses for ISIL.

link   
originally posted by: buster2010

No just videos of them running people down in their Humvees that we give them.

... and firing indiscriminately into buses/crowds of people who are all INNOCENTS. Those guys are evil scumbags
edit on 20-11-2015 by FamCore because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: ladyinwaiting

Stop making excuses for ISIL.

Quote one damn excuse I made for ISIL!!!

Let me spell a few things out for you:
I don't like ISIS
I don't sympathize with ANYONE who joined or wants to join ISIS for ANY reasons
I think ISIS is an awful, awful organization
-I- would like to say that I wouldn't join such an organization if I was starving on the street in Syria, but it's hard for me to say because I'VE never been starving on the street in a war zone wondering if I'd make it to the next day or not.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Awww I sympathize with the plight of the poor people whos children are going hungry so I can understand why they would join a group who murders innocent people in the name of Allah.

I mean they are hungry what are they suppose to do right?

Look what ISIS is offering , food , a place to live, money, and they will give it all to you for a year or 2 while they train you to go blow yourself up killing hundreds of people in the name of god.

And then after that they will rape your wife and start planning very special missions for your children.

But hey we get to eat for a couple years so lets do it..

And some of you on here "understand " why they would join..

Maybe instead of trying to understand their plight , you should be condemning them..

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

In Paris when they busted the apartment terrorists used, they found drug related items. Nazis used Pervitin which is crystal meth so they felt invincible and stress free and didn´t need to sleep and having more physical strenght in combats. Nazis gave up Pervitin when they noticed that without sleep soldiers started to see hallucinations. Soldiers had this stuff pockets full.

Soldiers were drugged when making war crimes, how much they remember actual happenings is unknown.

edit on 20-11-2015 by dollukka because: comma

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
So you HAVE been starving on the street in a war zone wondering if you'd live to see the next day then? I wasn't sure since you cleverly ignored that question earlier in the thread.

Fair enough...
BUT, if you also ''HAVEn't been starving on the street in a war zone wondering if you'd live to see the next day''
you can't know either what options you would have....

Also you can't know, that a prespective presented to you by the murderers to justify their acts, is actuallytrue
Do you blindly trust the words of murderers?

Do you really believe they use their money to feed children?

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dr1Akula

So you HAVE been starving on the street in a war zone wondering if you'd live to see the next day then? I wasn't sure since you cleverly ignored that question earlier in the thread.

Fair enough...
BUT, if you also ''HAVEn't been starving on the street in a war zone wondering if you'd live to see the next day''
you can't know either what options you would have....

Which is something I've said many times in this thread.

Also you can't know, that a prespective presented to you by the murderers to justify their acts, is actuallytrue
Do you blindly trust the words of murderers?

Who knows? I can't say. I've never been in that situation. It's a scary prospect to look at. I trusted Bush when he told me that there were WMD's in Iraq.

Do you really believe they use their money to feed children?

No, but a Syrian starving on the street may not know that.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 11:00 AM
link   
For you KS. I feel badly about being so contradictory to you. I typically agree with you. Just not here.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 11:03 AM
link   

I don't care. I just want you to respect my opinion and stop trying to read so much into it. It's called impartial analysis. I do it all the time. If you generally agree with my posts you should be aware that is how I post. Right now you are just straight up being rude to me for no reason.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 11:06 AM
link   

I don't care. I just want you to respect my opinion and stop trying to read so much into it. It's called impartial analysis. I do it all the time. If you generally agree with my posts you should be aware that is how I post. Right now you are just straight up being rude to me for no reason.

Ditto.

(post by Dr1Akula removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 11:07 AM
link   

I'm only returning what you started. I've been trying to have an impartial discussion from the beginning here. YOU are the one who keeps making this about me.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: alienjuggalo

I don't condone it. I think they are wrong. The "right ones" are fleeing to avoid having to join up. We call them refugees. So many want to punish these refugees by denying them sanctuary. That's wrong too.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join