It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Inauguration 2005 - The Perfect Opportunity for Assassination

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Hmm... jets and Blackhawks in the sky... streets and pedestrians controlled, as are surely all the high-rises and nearby buildings. That leaves the sewers for the assassin(s) to make their attempts.

I feel sorry for the Secret Service guys assigned to protect the sewers from infiltrators.

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I wouldn't want anyone to assinate the president and go to prison for doing something George should do him self.

So, the next time he's in Crawford thinnng scrub brush with a chain saw maybe he could cut his own head off.

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
The Secret Service will probably be knocking on your door, they investigate any threat, even in jest, on the life of the President.

I've never made any direct threats on the president's life, but I've definitely expressed my feeling that, if someone were to assassinate him, I'd actually feel more hope for America than I do now. I've yet to see any secret service at my door. However, if I ever see any, I'll let you know. Being how I'm nowhere near the president, and don't plan to be, I would find it quite bizarre if they came to my house.

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Damned,
You better hope no one tries to take the Shrub out. Then Cheney ascends to the throne - for real and in the open - and he and Rumsfeld will bring upon us the wrath of the entire world combined.

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Noumenon

I feel sorry for the Secret Service guys assigned to protect the sewers from infiltrators.

Imagine, the activity going on beneath the streets. Wish I had X-ray vision. And hardly no one will even know they're there.

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid
Damned,
You better hope no one tries to take the Shrub out. Then Cheney ascends to the throne - for real and in the open - and he and Rumsfeld will bring upon us the wrath of the entire world combined.

Yes, I know. I had suggested that, if someone wants to kill Bush, please take out Cheney first, but my post was deleted. I'm not sure if this one will be allowed either.

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Hmm.. it was deleted, huh? Maybe ATS' resident spooks don't wanna give the rogues any ideas?
I'd say the order of importance would be Cheney, Rumsfeld, bozo the clown, Bonzo, Mr. Ed and then maybe Msr. Bush.

Here's a list of items you cannot take to the inaugural:

Prohibited Items
Firearms, weapons of any kind, ammunition (either real or simulated), explosives of any kind (including fireworks), knives, blades, or sharp objects (of any length), aerosol sprays, coolers, thermal or glass containers, mace, pepper spray, sticks, poles, pocket or hand tools (such as a leatherman), packages, backpacks, large bags, duffel bags, suitcases, laser pointers, posters, signs, placards (including supports structures), animals other than guide dogs or service dogs assisting handicapped individuals, strollers, chairs, umbrellas, alcoholic beverages, and any other items at the discretion of the security screeners that may pose a potential safety hazard.
www.uscapitolpolice.gov...

Sorry Neumenon.. you'll havta leave the BEER at home! Shrub's a TeeTotaller, remember?

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Man, if it gets down to Bozo, we're all screwed!
It would be cool, though, watching people honk his nose all the time on live television. How would the secret service handle that?

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Inaguration 2005 - The Perfect Opportunity for........an Inaguration ceremony.

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by sanctum
Armed alert for Bush's swearing-in

Air traffic into the city will be restricted, replaced by fighter jets and Black Hawk helicopters.
[...]
Troop-carrying helicopters have been flying over Washington for days, but the security operation will begin in earnest on Tuesday [...]

Where are we going, really, what has it come to ?

Surely Bush, or indeed come to that, any democratically elected representitive of the people, should be able to walk down the street, shaking hands with voters, waving, smiling, secure in the knowledge that dissenting views can be honestly and openly discussed in a rational, mature way, where each side is assured of a fair and equal right to peacefully raise their concerns, content that a decent and ethical compromise can be reached with the agreement of all ?

Originally posted by sanctum
Thousands of protesters are expected. Groups angry about the Iraq war, the economy, Mr Bush's environmental policies and many other issues promise to put their mark on the event with several marches, rallies and acts of civil disobedience.

One group is planning for hundreds to turn their backs on the President as he makes his way down Pennsylvania Avenue.
SMH Link

Sanc'.

Just so I am clear on this (it's not ironic) - Is turning your back on the president regarded as an act of civil disobedience ? If so, that would imply that not doing it is required in law, and we haven't really gone there ... have we ?

I always thought that was stuff like blocking roads with manure, or blocking ports with fishing vessels - minor acts of civil criminality intended to annoy and distrupt stuff but in a morally safe and [relative to crimimal acts] 'harmless' way ?

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by lockheed
So far I have seen more plans for protest at this years inauguration of the president than in any of the past elections.

What do you mean by "any of the past elections"? Any of the past elections you've witnessed in your lifetime? When Thomas Jefferson, Abraham Lincoln, and Woodrow Wilson were elected President, the U.S. was in as much, and probably more, of a devisive mood than it is in now. Any President elected in divisive times has had to go through this. So it's no different for George W. Bush.

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Ahead of Thursday's presidential inauguration, Washington is locked down to an unprecedented degree, residents are inconvenienced and have to pass through numerous checkpoints in some areas, police officers are on every corner, portable stinger missile launchers have been placed throughout the city, federal employees are being encouraged not come to work, other residents are opting to leave town altogether...

The insanity of it all is a show for the world and those against this administration that his majesty "won" the election and that he's adored by the masses inspite of the criminal war and atrocities. A show for the world to behold. Thy king is Bush

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join