It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spanish court issues arrest warrant for Israeli PM Netanyahu

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

triple post, sorry.
edit on 13/11/2015 by voyger2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Since its a Spanish court and not the ICC I dont see it going anywhere. Not to mention trials in absentia are a violation of Article 6 of the European Convention on Human Rights.

Is this the same wingnut judge who tried to issue arrest warrants for other counties leaders?
edit on 13-11-2015 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 08:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: voyger2
Benjamin Netanyahu and six other senior officials guilty of crimes against humanity

When and where exactly was the trial held where they were found guilty?

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 09:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

a reply to: schuyler
Everyone who actually applies the law is instatly labeled "anti-semetic"... amazing... this is becoming a dogma

and these guys what are they?

nazi or terrorists?

Edit:
Lately The European Commission has adopted on 11 November 2015 an interpretative notice on the indication of origin of goods from the territories occupied by Israel since June 1967.

the reactions are all the same... anti-semitic Europe!?
Avigdor Lieberman, wrote in a post on Facebook: “Each time Europe marks Jews is a sign that anti-Semitism, insanity and hypocrisy have taken over [..]"
more:
Netanyahu’s coalition and former Israeli ambassador to Washington, included with his denunciation a Nazi-era photo of a storefront painted with “Jude,” the German word for Jew, and a Star of David.
and so on...
source

I don't even know why they are allowed to occupy. The Israelis should have left or been removed a long, long time ago. Tomorrow they will bulldoze more Palestinian houses to build another Sodastream factory. No one will bat an eye. It's insane. And, if Palestinians throw rocks at the Sodastream factory, they will be shot.

It's not anti-semitism , to say this, it is anti Israeli government. Which I certainly am in regard to What they do to Palestinians.

Meanwhile over 100 dead in Paris from Muslims. No "war crime" there, eh? But, Israel, EVIL....change your meds...

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Avigdor Lieberman, wrote in a post on Facebook: “Each time Europe marks Jews is a sign that anti-Semitism, insanity and hypocrisy have taken over [..]"

He probably speaks from experience ...

It's not the place or time, to argue academics and semantics, of the origin of these words and phrases. But I can't say I condone the "warrant". While, I do agree that 5 out of 10, shot in the head at close range, suggest execution. It does not necessarily mean the Israelis did it.

Not that it matters, I mean, I can hardly see the Israeli prime minister visiting Spain anyway. But cases like this, need to have a lot more into them, and to be brought up for the public. We need to hear, both sides, not just one side of the argument.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 11:41 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Imagine being the LEOs going to serve the arrest warrant signed by Judge Judy.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 11:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker
Meanwhile over 100 dead in Paris from Muslims. No "war crime" there, eh? But, Israel, EVIL....change your meds...

Well, I don't think anyone is willing to take your meds ... certainly hope not.

War, in and by itself, is terrorism. Did you know, that 500 thousand children died in Iraq, as a result of US warfare against it. What do you call that, a good beginning or something.

You think "hating muslims" is ok ... because they're not jews. Hating muslims, is just as wrong as hating jews. Targeting muslims, is just as wrong as targeting jews.

The crime in france, is not done by muslims ... it's done by a few sick people. Maybe they do it, because they're insane with grief. But it's a crime, not an act of war. And should be treated, as a crime, not as war. Such an act, is not a blank check, to go and visit horrors on the middle east.

This 9/11 reaction of "hatred" is NOT what we need.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Yeah, Spain has been antisemitic for a long time.
What else is new?
The UN is not much better.
The agenda of the haters is always suspect by thinking people...

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 05:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
Might as well use the warrant for toilet paper. It's about as enforceable as an arrest warrant from judge judy.

Wouldn't be so sure.

That warrent applys now throughout the European union.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 06:04 AM
link   
a reply to: voyger2

Is that Nebbuchizar or Netanyyahoo?

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Everyone who actually applies the law is instatly labeled "anti-semetic"... amazing... this is becoming a dogma

nazi or terrorists?

Edit:
Lately The European Commission has adopted on 11 November 2015 an interpretative notice on the indication of origin of goods from the territories occupied by Israel since June 1967.

more:
Netanyahu’s coalition and former Israeli ambassador to Washington, included with his denunciation a Nazi-era photo of a storefront painted with “Jude,” the German word for Jew, and a Star of David.
and so on...
source

I don't even know why they are allowed to occupy. The Israelis should have left or been removed a long, long time ago. Tomorrow they will bulldoze more Palestinian houses to build another Sodastream factory. No one will bat an eye. It's insane. And, if Palestinians throw rocks at the Sodastream factory, they will be shot.

It's not anti-semitism , to say this, it is anti Israeli government. Which I certainly am in regard to What they do to Palestinians.

Of course that was a war crime too.

But its a completely different topic.

I know you neo cons have difficulty grasping the concept of more than one issue or event at the same time but the world can have two separate issues or war crimes going on at the same time......infact and I dont want to complicat things for you.....but there can be almost unlimited separate issues and events going on at the same time.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 06:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

Sure about that? What court issued them? When was the "trial"? Who was the Judge? Who was the Prosecutor?

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 06:07 AM
link   
a reply to: voyger2

Spanish courts are unique to say the least. Lol

I suspect this is more of a statement than anything else. In any event, it will weigh heavier on any future actions by Israel to bar humanitarian aid to Gaza.

I am just proud of Spain for even having the cojones to take it this far. Good on them. What happened was a disgrace to our civilization and era. It should not be sugar coated.

P.S.
To nameless: Spain is NOT antisemetic. It actually has some of the oldest Jewish centers and a rich history of coexistence between Jews, Christians and Muslums. Some of the greatest works of Jewish thought came from Spanish Jews. Modern Spain? Western nation with a great track record...so no. This is not antisemeticism. Arguing that it is makes the notion a head sized hole in the sand.

edit on 11 14 2015 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 06:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: hellobruce

Sure about that? What court issued them? When was the "trial"? Who was the Judge? Who was the Prosecutor?

Who said anything about a trial?

In theory a country in the EU can issue a arrest warrent.

If the suspect is in another EU country they should in theory then be extradited to the country of the warrents origin to then face trial.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 06:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: namelesss

Yeah, Spain has been antisemitic for a long time.
What else is new?
The UN is not much better.
The agenda of the haters is always suspect by thinking people...

So anything that is not 100% in support of israel is anti sematic?

Israel gets a blank check to do what it wants or its anti sematism?

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 06:37 AM
link   

So Spain does not need a trial, just a judge who declares people guilty without any trial at all!

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 06:45 AM
link   

So Spain does not need a trial, just a judge who declares people guilty without any trial at all!

No they cant. I would but down whatever your smoking.

Issueing a arrest warrent is not the same as declaring someone guilty.

The US freaking A can issue a arrest warrent and get people extradited!

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Yet the claim is that they have been declared guilty....

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Yet the claim is that they have been declared guilty....

That is guilty of contempt of court charge probably . These people have arrest warrants issued because they were named in a plaintiff's affidavit .
Spanish people were injured and justice is sought on their behalf by the Supreme Court .

Charge sheet for Mavi Marmara probably reads murder and piracy on high seas as well as state sponsored terrorism .

An investigation was launched after Spanish activists on board Mavi Marmara filed a criminal complaint against Isareli officials involved in the raid.

Earlier in June, a Spanish court dropped a five-year-old investigation into the raid. In its ruling, it left a possibility that the case could be re-opened if he came ever to Spain.

But, it did not clarify what steps would be taken if he did. The case file was eventually sent to the Supreme Court, while the investigation has made slow progress due to Israel's pressure on the investigation.

The judge has sent the list of defendants to the Spanish police, demanding the start of the legal process to request a red notice for their arrest.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 09:05 AM
link   

nazi or terrorists?

Edit:

more:
and so on...
source

Of course that was a war crime too.

But its a completely different topic.

I know you neo cons have difficulty grasping the concept of more than one issue or event at the same time but the world can have two separate issues or war crimes going on at the same time......infact and I dont want to complicat things for you.....but there can be almost unlimited separate issues and events going on at the same time.

Ah, good morning, Crazywok! As is your wont, you're wrong! I operate more in the overview. Spain. it's own separatist issues, denial of votes of separation, Basque rebels and a EU that is allowing an invasion under the guise of 'commpassion' which the room-temperature IQ crowd have bought into. A local court, probably intimidated by local Muslims, issue an arrest order on Netanyahu...talking about having one's head in the sand.

Last point, I'[m not a NEO con. I'm an OLD conservative. Nothing new about it. Let's see if you can, at least, get that one straight....doubt it though...

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join