It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zarqawi caught!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 08:17 AM
link   
A Chinese newspaper is reporting the capture of Zarqawi! I hope this is true. This will give the Iraqi elections a big boost! It will also raise the moral of our troops.

www.chinadaily.com.cn...

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Isnt this the same guy that only has one leg? Hmmm..... Wonder why we just now caught him? One leg, and we cant catch him untill right before the elections in Iraq.

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 08:21 AM
link   
If true, I wonder how long before the news can get through the non-stop coverage of the tsunami. Not that the disaster coverage isn't important. But, as usual, the media cannot seem to cover more than one event effectively.

*finger crossed* your news is true.

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Well, we can't seem to find an asthmatic old man with a liver problem, living in caves either,

About time, if this is true...

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Last time I read this it was false. Man I really hope this is true. Then they fly that a$$ over to me and let me in a room alone with him for a few hours...

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 08:27 AM
link   
I really hope this is true. While I don't believe in the mythical figure portrayed by the US govt of this one legged wonder, I would like to see him or whomever is playing him captured.

This is from that article:

There have been no official reports about the arrest of the terrorist. Al-Zarqawi, 38, a Jordanian, whose real name is Ahmad al-Khalayleh, aims to turn Iraq into a "new Afghanistan".

From my TerrorAnalysis article:

Abu Mussab Al-Zarqawi, 37, whose real name is Fadel Nazzal al-Khalayleh, is a veteran of the Afghan war against Soviet occupation. Per U.S. officials, Abu Mussab Al-Zarqawi or Al-Zarkawi is the connection between Al-Qaeda and Iraq.

I see a problem here. who is this guy really, how many names does he really have?

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 08:30 AM
link   
I really don't think it would be too hard for the U.S. military to grab any late 30s Iraqi, call him Zarqawi and lock him away.

After all, we're still waiting on the DNA tests of Saddam's alleged sons despite Saddam himself getting a DNA match on the first day of his capture.

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 08:32 AM
link   
I hate to be negitive, but I have my doubts about the chinese giving this report before it is released to the US public.

How would the Chinese get the report first? Its not like they have troops in Iraq.

Who knows, stranger things have happen. I hope it is true.

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 08:33 AM
link   
I hope its true because im tired of his idiotic senseless acts of terrorism its about time they caught him so people can vote and if this is false then that isnt good at all

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpittinCobra
How would the Chinese get the report first? Its not like they have troops in Iraq.

There are reporters from all over the world in Bagdad right now. It wouldnt suprise me if another country got he news before we do. The US media has a notorious habit of being a day or two late on world events in the news. Just look at the recent tsunami. It took two whole days before the news started filtering in here in the States.

[edit on 1/4/05 by Kidfinger]

d1k

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Lets hope this is true. I wonder how long it will take the North American news agencies to report this on T.V. They probably already have the info but are waiting on confirmation....tick tock tick tock.

[edit on 4-1-2005 by d1k]

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 08:40 AM
link   
even if this is true
what makes people think the iraqis that are fighting the occupation will stop

same thing was said about saddam ( after he was captured and the bombings would stop and that was just bull *cough*
since they just increased )

so even if this person is captured chances of the bombings to stop is very low ( bombings would prob increase as his supporters would be very pissed )

[edit on 4-1-2005 by bodrul]

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kidfinger
It took two whole days before the news started filtering in here in the States.

Well,(smiles) that is a little diffrent.

Our troops are in Iraq, our brothers, sisters, mothers, fathers, uncles cousins our families are in Iraq. They are being killed by this "mystical" person everyday. I think the american reporters owe it to the familes of these soilders.

This would be the biggest catch to date in the war on terror, I feel the americans would make sure we know first that we did it.

[edit on 4-1-2005 by SpittinCobra]

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 08:48 AM
link   
One reason I can think of, of why US wouldn't acknowledge his capture or death (same applies to Bin Laden & Al-Zawahiri) is that who would they have to blame for continued attacks on our forces.

How can we continue to expand the war on terror if all the major players are gone?

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpittinCobra

Well,(smiles) that is a little diffrent....

This would be the biggest catch to date in the war on terror, I feel the americans would make sure we know first that we did it.

Yeah, I know its a completly different situation, but I was just pointing out a scenario in which we could be the last ones notified about something. How long was it before we heard any Americans died in the tsunami? It was about 4 or 5 days later for me.

Bodrul,
I think you make a good point here. I dont think this will stop the insurgency in Iraq. It will only comfort those people here who have lost someone due to this guy and his monsterous actions.

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 08:53 AM
link   
If this is true, I suspect their intent now, will be to make a extream threat to secure his freedom. We will never have complete control of their efforts to date. We were better off not saying anything until a attempt to put him out of the picture completly. Only in this case, less info will be better. Out of 200.000.00 that have made it a point To be where they are, who will rear anouther Ugly Head to take his place. This will not stop the killings for reasons of a few that contols this insane way to live.

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
One reason I can think of, of why US wouldn't acknowledge his capture or death (same applies to Bin Laden & Al-Zawahiri) is that who would they have to blame for continued attacks on our forces.

How can we continue to expand the war on terror if all the major players are gone?

I do agree with this, but do you think america would let china release something like this first? Unless they are going to disclaim it?

I try to believe that the reporters that are enbedded with the troops use thier freedom of speach to the best of thier abilites. I Maybe gullible in this thinking, but we have to hope.

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 08:55 AM
link   
If another major player is on the loose, no problem there...(see Bin Laden). Or of course, another can easily be found as well, as no doubt, one will fill the void of his own accord.

As for the name game, most islamic names also include titles (such as "son of", place of origin, religious titles, etc.), so the reporting of various names isn't all that unexpected really.

Still, not seeing this on any other sources, and the last time this happened (last year), it didn't pan out... Still, guess we'll see though. The capture of Saddam first filtered through unusual sources too, as I recall, before seeing it on CNN, etc.

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher

World then why did we acknowledge saddams capture? they could of killed the guy who reported where he was then kill saddam and still blame him for attacks on our men and women and even if we do get Zawahiri we can always blame bin laden

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 08:59 AM
link   
but think about this guys & gals, how many similar stories haven't we heard like this already.

Bin Laden captured in Iran
Al Zawahiri captured in Pakistan

you get stories with foreign officials claiming one thing, then the US denies it and the story dissappears from radar.

How do we know that the US just isn't denying these captures/deaths for their own motivations.

IF Al-Zarqawi is captured/killed, there goes your Al-Qaeda in Iraq connection. Then the problem becomes even bigger, it isn't Al-Qaeda anymore but civil disobedience and possibly civil war.

I totally understand why the US would deny these stories even if true. In order to be in control, you have to be able to control all aspects of the game, including when to release info.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join