It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zarqawi caught!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 09:17 PM
link   
You are quite right.

I read the news article shortly after posting this.

Let's analyze it a bit shall we? I opened the referenced article.
The Washington Times. Well, although it is a fairly-standard news agency, but enough has been said about it recently that you have to start off with a little cynicism.

The Times does state:

Baghdad, Iraq, Jan. 4 (UPI) -- A semi-official daily reported Tuesday Iraqi police captured an "important terrorist

semi-official?
semi-official ??
ohh, I see, semi-official daily. In otherwords a web news agency that is partially recognized as representing the government of the country that it runs from, and or is directed at, and partly not recognized.

Next it says:

The daily al-Sabah said it received information a "very important terrorist figure" was captured in the city of Diali during a large-scale raid by U.S.-backed Iraqi police.

Note that the article does not have a byline, or tagline. Note that the semi-official daily does not say anything about al-Zarqawi.

Next I google the al-Shabah. It is in arabic, but it has a button for english. Unfortunatly this only shows the main news for the day in english.

This is as far as I got. Anybody translate arabic? I will try to use bablefish later if I have time.

Right now I am stuck with a semi-reputible news agency "The Washington Times", asserting that a semi-official daily said that: it received information a "very important terrorist figure" was captured in the city of Diali

[edit on 4-1-2005 by makeitso]

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 10:03 PM
link   
It's my personal opinion that whoever captures this monster should be put in jail themselves!

The proper thing to do with this sorry excuse for a human being is to prop his head up on a stick in the middle of Bagdad as a message to all the other insurgents!

Capture him hell! Kill the bastard on sight!

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join