It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zarqawi caught!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 09:01 AM
link   
why did we acknowledge the Saddam capture, because Saddam is a different story. He is a part of personal vendetta, not the whole Al-Qaeda/terrorism thing. Capturing Saddam had to be done, especially since there were no WMD's to be found.

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 09:05 AM
link   
The complete lack of news on this supposed capture, has much to be desire, I don't believe that this news are true.

Like some members have being pointing out, if they capture him, who we are going to blame on the death of our troops.

Seriously, today another member of the interim government was killed.

So captured or not captured is not going to stop the attacks again anything American made and approved in that country.

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 09:33 AM
link   
I have searched some of the more popular sites: CNN/FoxNews and I haven't found anything about the capture. The Drudge Report had a something about the capture. I am surprised that more news outlets haven't picked up on the story. I can only draw one of two conclusions. #1 they are worried about jumping the gun until they get confirmation from the Government. or #2 The story is just bogus.

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 10:23 AM
link   
I just tried accessing al-Bayane, the UAE newspaper that supposedly carried this story, but got a "data transfer rate exceeded for this site". Will have to try again later.

BTw, who arrested him? US troops?

[edit on 4-1-2005 by jsobecky]

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 10:33 AM
link   
per the drudge report, the us military is denying the arrest.

www.drudgereport.com...

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 10:50 AM
link   
There are no credible sources for this story.

Google Search

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 11:28 AM
link   
It was reported this morning from some Kurdish troops in Northern Iraq that Abu Musab al-Zarqawi was captured in Babouk (spelling?) by Iraqi security forces late yesterday Iraq time. The Kurds had reported it to some reporter somewhere which sent the story to the UAE from there I think it went to London. They are still trying to varify the claim and determine who has him.

On a side note, but relevent I had a dream this morning that I wrote down that I think is connected.

January 4, 2005

My recollection of this morning started in a red room like a movie theater room, there were several people there some famous some just normal people, J and Shaggy were there (ICP) I could see the room but was not there physically as if I was floating near the ceiling I could see and hear what was going on. Then suddenly I was in what seemed to be a coffee shop or some sort of small retail store. A zombie like women in an old dress was standing there, she had dark hair that seemed somewhat curly there was light coming through the windows, it seemed like it was early or mid morning. She had a blank look on her (its) face. I began shooting it, holes punctured her upper chest as red blood splotches began to form, but she was unfazed. She looked at me and its eyes were dark its face pale and angry looking it began wailing and chasing me. It knocked over a display case of some sort and then went out through the door as I hid behind another shelf unit. She knocked that one over and it barely missed me. She was shrieking, it was now in the doorway and I was behind another shelf, she pushed against it and I propped myself against a counter to block her from coming back inside the store. I could hear it howling at me and trying to forces its way past. In my mind I instructed it that it could not pass and would have to go through it. At this point she changed from a physical appearance to a wraith, the witch had transformed from the physical realm into the elemental realm. With a loud screeching wail the witch became an aborition and passed through the shelf its eyes illuminated like glowing embers the body transformed into a tattered wisp of ethereal matter it flew past me and then made a 180 degree turn and approached my body at waist level then entered into my physical form.

I awoke from my dream state and began to get ready for work, I thought about what had happened and could not feel the witchs presence, maybe in this form she is purely energy and can not actually be identified except by the inner Id. I focused my thoughts and opened the ethereal gateway in my mind to allow her to escape back from where she had come from. I could feel a surging release of tension as it seemed the witchs energy or presence was removed from my physical form. A lighted doorway of sorts seemed to be connected to my inner mind and was allowing the witch to leave.

On the way to work a news report said that Abu Musab al-Zarqawi has possibly been captured in Iraq this morning. He was the leader of Al-Qaida in Iraq and the cause of many peoples deaths in Iraq.

It took a few minutes to put it all together but a few weeks ago when Margaret Hassan was pleading for her life after being kidnapped in Iraq, I had asked that IF they kill her, that they be spared no mercy, that GOD shall seek vengeance on them and that they shall become the hunted. At that moment a surge of darkness came over me and an image of a dark, winged, faceless form, rose up from my inner mind and flew out, seeking its target. A week or so had passed and the US forces began their assault on Falluja. After several days of fighting US forces had killed over 1,000 insurgents but no sign of Zarqawi who I am sure had fled to another hide out in Iraq. They found the slaughter houses, they found some kidnap victims, some even alive. And they received a tape of the murder of Margaret Hassan. It felt as if a stone had been dropped on my soul, the sadness that she could not be saved. How I had hoped that she would be spared and that righteousness would have found her captures now killers.

This morning it now made sense, the witch had completed its mission and was returning from where its journey had begun. Maybe it took several weeks to track down this rat, this murderer Zarqawi or maybe the right set of circumstances needed to arise so that instead of being killed in a gunfight he could be captured, so he now could be the one to be held captive, so he now can be the one to be de-moralized and abused, so now that his soul can feel the anger and wrath of the people that he has hurt. What happens to him now is on his hands. It will not bring Margaret back but at least she has been avenged.

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
you get stories with foreign officials claiming one thing, then the US denies it and the story dissappears from radar.

How do we know that the US just isn't denying these captures/deaths for their own motivations.

Both times then? How do you distinguish between the false reports of capture and the one actual capture that the US denies happened? Or would you say zarkawi has been captured multiple times, the US has lied about it multiple times, and he manages to work an esacape and return to Iraq? And the same with bin Ladin et al?

Why assume that the US is covering up their capture? The US doesn't need them to fight the war, unless you are pretending that the War isn't going on and there are no insurgents in iraq and that the taliban never existed. With Zarkawi captured, the administration can say, "look, we are doing a good job, now there is going o be a trial, we are administering justice, not wantonly slaughtering. But the fight goes on" because it will go on. The whole advantage of the terrorist cell organization is that it doesn't need directors. Figure heads, heroes, those help, but they needn't direct operations.

IF Al-Zarqawi is captured/killed, there goes your Al-Qaeda in Iraq connection.
But what does that matter? There is still an insurgency in iraq fighting against the americans. The US isn't going to leave just because one terrorist hero has been captured.

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Look, if this story is accurate and true, the US is not going to advertise it just yet. This is what I am saying, to ensure the Iraqi people and the American people as well as the world, you want to make sure you have positive ID, exact match that this is the guy, dont want to report you have him then find out its a double, like Saddamn had, who had 13 doubles running all the time. A DNA match on this guy will take time, due to the fact that prior to his hostage campaign, the only photo that the world had on this guy was black and white and over 13 yrs old.

If the US has him they are testing him in every way and working with every agency in the world to get a positive ID and some of those caught that worked closely and most likely met him face to face are being interrogated to get a positive ID match on him.

Of course the if not true at all, the Chinese govt maybe doing its thing to confuse the general public of the world, giving false hope. China is pretty good at false propaganda in order to spark attention or other means, hidden agendas. Just have to wait and see. Believe me on this, I was there when we did the Saddam thing...we waited, to confirm on this...nearly 13 hrs, but it leaked to the world before an official statement could be made.

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Mscbkc is right. But not only do we have to make sure this is the guy, by announcing his capture we tip off other terrorists to flee. If we keep quiet about his capture, information gathered from the arrest could lead us to capture more terrorists.

The war on terror is not fought to be convenient to those sitting on a couch watching a tv or sitting in a chair talking about the events on a forum.

So if we have to wait, who cars? I can't believe people are blaming Bush or the government of witholding information. Are we that desperate to believe the New World Order conspiracy that we go around shooting ideas on every single occurance? I mean, come on now.

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 12:49 PM
link   
nice news, but' it's bogus. The tsunami, the whatever coulodn't prevent no news outlet form reporting this event. It's a big booster for the occupation in iraq. and besides wjhat do we really know about this character? This whole war on terror is a conspiracy in itself. PEOPLE WAKE UP! WAKEUP! I REPEAT. THERE"S NOWAR ON TERROR. have anyone notice that for the first christ5mas season of 2004, since the Sept 11 attacks that there were really no terror threats? hmm think about? where are the red , yellow, and green signs? You are taken for a ride.

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by RedPhoenixDelta
If we keep quiet about his capture, information gathered from the arrest could lead us to capture more terrorists.

If this is Zarqawi I don't think we will benefit much from holding his capture secret. There will be a small window that information he might provide will be useful. However considering how high up the ladder he is. I am sure his capture will quickly spread throughout the ranks and changes will be made immediately. Beyond that small window of opportunity the only reason to hold back the news is to verify it is the guy. From a PR standpoint releasing information about his capture would go a long way. As the election and post election has shown this administration loves spinning good PR.

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 03:33 PM
link   
MSNBC just reported the story is false. They said if he was captured, you would definitely know about it by 100 legitamite sources.

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 03:41 PM
link   
There have been many false alarms..for months.
He does seem to be getting bolder by the day.

As the elections come closer, maybe we can nab him when he registers to vote?

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Rumor has it GWB is in the lead for the Iraqi presidency. He is sending his crack tabulator machine squad over right now fresh from Ohio in preperation for the elections....For "accuracy" purposes only of course

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 04:00 PM
link   

as posted by worldwatcher
IF Al-Zarqawi is captured/killed, there goes your Al-Qaeda in Iraq connection

How so?
Besides, till the mainstream media starts covering this, the claim remains a claim, despite the smile from the Iraqi PM when he was asked whether or not Zarqawi had been captured, and despite FoxNews and MSNBC's slight comments on this claim.
Drudge reported that a top White House source is calling the claims rather dubious.

U.S. military and intelligence sources are denying print and broadcast reports that terrorist Abu-Musab al-Zarqawi has been arrested in Iraq, MSNBC reported Tuesday.

The Drudge Report on this

seekerof

dh

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by crusader
nice news, but' it's bogus. ... PEOPLE WAKE UP! WAKEUP! I REPEAT. THERE"S NOWAR ON TERROR. .... You are taken for a ride.

Well,crusader
Whilst wading through lists where people seem to have some dependency on what they're told - who believe the tales of fake terrorists, fake boogiemen, fake events, fake alerts,fake news, fake fabricated reality, there's usually one who's got a grasp on how it is.
Thankyou

[edit on 4-1-2005 by dh]

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 06:01 PM
link   
You know a lot of people think zakawi died early last year and is being used now as a excuse to carry on the gennocide and ethnic clensing/diluting that is being commited by the US.

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 07:30 PM
link   
The important question first should be: Is it true? Right?

Had anyone attempted to check the facts of the story yet? I didn't know so I decided to try, (knowing I couldn't completely succed of course),
and hoping that he is caught.

So, the first thing to check it the referenced article. I immediatly notice that it's a website directed toward Chinese nationalities.

Next I looked at the text just below the Headlines to try to see the byline.
The Headline looks something like this:

Abu Musab al-Zarqawi reportedly arrested in Iraq
(itar-tass.com)
Updated: 2005-01-04 14:37

I see the red itar-tass tag line, and briefly browse the article. Hum, no byline for the original author? OK not that uncommon I guess.

Next I googled itar-tass.com already knowing that it is Russion based news agency. I hit the top news button at Itar-tass.com, but dont see anything about "al-Zarqawi arrested" , so I find the seach box, and search for al-Zarqawi within itar-tass.com.

It located 2 documents, that had the same time stamp of the one in the original referenced link. I opened the article, and it is a little different from the one on the chinese link, but similar. Except that it stated that the article was first posted in a news agency in Egypt called: "albayane", and that it was posted there on Tuesday.

Next I google foralbayane, but it is in french, so I used google translate, and guess what? I cant find the article anywhere there!

Now, I have not spent long searching, so I may have overlooked it, but they do have a search feature that could not even find one article about al-Zarqawi.

So far we have a posting at ATS with a link to ChinaDaily.com that has an article which references itar-tass.com, which has an article that references albayane.ma, which as no record of an article about al-Zarqawi.

It is sadly looking like tonight, I must say...... it don't look like this dog will hunt.

[edit on 4-1-2005 by makeitso]

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4
A Chinese newspaper is reporting the capture of Zarqawi! I hope this is true. This will give the Iraqi elections a big boost! It will also raise the moral of our troops.

www.chinadaily.com.cn...

Actually this was posted erlier today as an unconfirmed report and the first source quoted originally was the Washington Times

Unconfirmed report of Zarqawi capture

Baghdad, Iraq, Jan. 4 (UPI) -- A semi-official daily reported Tuesday Iraqi police captured an "important terrorist," believed to be Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, in a raid east of Baghdad.

washingtontimes.com...

Here is the link to the orginal post made by fredT

www.atsnn.com...

[edit on 1/4/2005 by shots]

[edit on 1/4/2005 by shots]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join