It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wal-Mart Hired a TON of Vets Before CLosing for Jade Helm

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Hi all,
Just a coincidence?
Last night I remembered an interesting detail about my last "day job."

I was working for a human-resources middle-man type of company, with corporate clients like Delta Airlines and Waste Management.
Basically, corporations who don't have time to deal with the foot-traffic of applicants hoping to become flight attendants who don't actually have passports, and ex-cons hoping to drive garbage trucks who don't actually have CDL's.
So these corps make applicants start online, then if they can actually manage that, they get an email instructing them to call Yours Truly.
Mostly this entailed just being IT for the corps janky websites, but I digress...

We'd pick up other clients here and there, and one day in 2013, we started a new program for Wal-Mart.
The deal was, Wal-Mart was launching a new program to hire veterans, with an honorable discharge. I had the displeasure of working on this project two or three times, which mostly consisted of being yelled at by vets with a DIS-honorable discharge who - shockingly - couldn't quite understand why they were NOT selected.

Lest I worry about divulging top[-secret company secrets here, I myself was "dis-honorably" discharged from this job over a dental emergency in which I had 3 extractions in a week. It's kind-of hard to talk on the phone with no teeth, and I should have sued, but didn't because they said I was eligible for rehire, then later retracted that, so screw them anyway. Again I digress...

But even less to worry, because you can hear the details about the program from Wal-Mart themselves, for yourself, right here:
walmartcareerswithamission.com...

From the site (and the program in a nutshell):
"On Memorial Day 2013, Walmart launched the Veterans Welcome Home Commitment. Since then, more than 100,000 new veteran associates have been hired and more than 9,000 have been promoted. On Memorial Day 2015, our commitment extended further to hire 250,000 veterans by 2020."

"If you have been honorably discharged from the U.S. military since Memorial Day 2013 and meet our standard hiring criteria, there's a position for you at Walmart or Sam's Club. Veterans who have been discharged on or before Memorial Day 2013 are not eligible for priority status, but will still be highly desirable candidates based on their training and experience."

OH! They did it again THIS YEAR. I had no idea.

So I Know J.H. is old news and has it's own special set of debunkers here, but couldn't help but think isn't that just a little coincidental?
If you're not familiar with the theory (then why are you here? j/k) here is a good source for the Wal-Mart/Jade Helm connection.
www.businessinsider.com...

Basically, Wal-Mart was kinda shady and sudden about laying off thousands of employees and closing for debatable reasons, in Jade Helm areas, and putting up razor-fence around the closed locations.

So is it just a silly coinkidink they hired a boat-load of vets at the same time? ONLY those with HONORABLE discharges, of course, because as we all know, Wal-Mart has SUPER high standards when it comes to who they hire.*
(*sarcasm)

Or could it be that Jade Helm needs more US military personnel than those who are actually currently military personnel?!
(dramatic music cue)
The numbers are pretty staggering for a company that's closing stores, no? 100,000 hired and 9,000 "promoted?!"
250,000 total is the goal by 2020?

I'm all for hiring vets, and I'm sure there are plenty o' good guys to hire without having to look into just why the individual was dis-honorable, so don't get me wrong - but it hit me as a little more than suspect.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: KAOStheory

can't say i see much in the thought, seeing how their program started two years before Jade Helm.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie
Well, they we're planning? Training? Promoting?
Then another big push this year?

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Op, what do you think the reason for this is?

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 09:02 PM
link   

ok lets say they do want vets for a military purpose. do you think those vets will turn on the U.S. public?
do you think walmart is building it's own army?

i'll tell you what i think it is.

walmart is using a phony patriotism hiring vets to better it's bottom line. nothing more, walmart is all about the dollars it can make and will stoop to any and all means to do it.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 09:13 PM
link   

So, let me take a shot at this. Are you suggesting in your OP that it was the military hiring these vets through Walmart for whatever nefarious activities they may have been up to in or around these closed Walmarts during Jade Helm? Perhaps...underground tunneling or something along those lines, or am I way off here?

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Why do you hate America?

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 09:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyingFox
Why do you hate America?

Great reply and great name
I lurve murca

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 09:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Rezlooper

Basically.
To be honest I wasn't sure about the whole JH thing to begin with, and haven't followed a lot of the posts, a few, but have seen the headlines here and elsewhere.
Just kinda made me go hmmmm, and wanted to hear the thoughts of those who would, yes, think along those lines already. Plus, Wal-Mart sells guns. If I owned a store, I'd personally hire well-trained military vets to work there, with guns. But I don't need 250,000 of them.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 09:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie

walmart is using a phony patriotism hiring vets to better it's bottom line. nothing more, walmart is all about the dollars it can make and will stoop to any and all means to do it.

What makes you think, a company that has cost this country 100's of thousands of manufacturing jobs and countless local jobs every time they open another box has a bottom line? (Sarcasm off)

Image sells and America's buying.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 09:55 PM
link   
It's a pretty good theory.

Ties in with this behavioral prediction model...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 10-11-2015 by FlyingFox because: freedom

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 11:09 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 05:47 AM
link   
How about Walmart got a contract for supplies from the military & stipulated in the contract was the hiring of Veterans?

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Jobs cuts looming at Wal-Mart. Sources say the world's largest retailer will announce as early as Friday that it'll lay off hundreds of people at its Arkansas headquarters. Workers afraid of losing their jobs have been flooding recruiting firms with resumes. Wal-Mart would not comment. The cuts - expected to be fewer than 500 - are a small percentage of its staff of 18,000. But it's part of CEO Doug McMillon's drive to cut costs. Wal-Mart has been increasing wages for half- a million workers at its stores. Those costs, combined with a stronger dollar, hurt its quarterly profit and forced the company to sharply cut its earnings forecast for the year. Wal-Mart is also spending more on training in its bid to improve customer service. Investors sent Wal-Mart shares lower at the start of trading. The stock has fallen nearly 25 percent this year, vastly underperforming that of its rivals, Amazon and Target.

www.reuters.com...

250,000 total is the goal by 2020?

Seems kinda odd with regards to recent cuts, indeed. And yes, it would make sense after all. Part of the whole concept to Operationalize the CONUS base.

Perhaps the most sensational portion of the document comes from the statement that Special Operations wants to “Operationalize the CONUS base“, meaning Continental United States. General Cleveland’s strategy is to utilize civilian assets to support deployed soldiers. The plan seeks to utilize non-governmental agencies, think tanks, academia, and other U.S. government agencies to support Special Operations goal of containing the threat of VEO’s (Violent Extremist Organizations), non-state actors, and other irregular threats.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 07:26 AM
link   

I think you have a book, The day of the Wal-martians!

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 09:12 AM
link   
"If you have been honorably discharged from the U.S. military since Memorial Day 2013 ..."

Why the emphasis on recent vets? That would only be a tiny proportion of all vets out there, and probably doesn't include many combat and/or disabled veterans. My gut feeling is that these 'vets' are still in some kind of active duty status, and are being pre-staged for further military operations against the American people.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Just to keep everybody up to date the 5 stores that were closed have reopened. A labor group has sued to make sure everybody gets there jobs back because it is pretty clear they closed to avoid Union activity. Something they were found guilty by the Canadian Supreme court last year of doing there as well. Their is a conspiracy here but, it is Walmart fighting unions, not aliens, NWO camps or other nonsense.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: starviego

i think what your talking about is called IR (Inactive Reserve), or the IRR (Individual Ready Reserve).

many of which for a while back in the early 2000's didn't know the where subject to recall.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Wow great info all, thanks!
Hillarious, rajas - I'd read that book!

Yea the 2013 and after exclusively thing is interesting kind-of a sign. I'm aware of the Canada thing and them being dodgy but the hiring of recent vets - and the stated plan to continue to do so, despite firings and closings - is still pretty suspect. Public Opinion's post is pretty alarming - again - Wal-Mart is a legal firearms dealer. Whatever's on the display walls, rest assured there are more in back. If every employee is trained - hell, even IR as mentioned - a Commander walks in one day, "Arm up, men," they'll snap to it.

The questionnaire about UN allegiance against US citizens I posted the ATS thread about is pretty cut-and-dried as well. It's fairly easy to get a bit more paranoid than I'm used to if you consider the possibilities and implications of all of these pieces of the puzzle actually being connected. One response was, "well, could be general questions, it's theoretical" - all 3 questions concern the UN specifically, no other organization or even scenario other than, "would you agree if we said you answer to the UN now, and order you to target civilian groups?" Others mentioned the attitude of military personnel towards civilians. I've witnessed it personally on numerous occasions. They have a superiority complex, some more than others sure, but don't think they respect civilians like they do each other. It's like that Family Guy where Brian has a kid and cops an attitude about it - "oh YOU DON"T KNOW, you just don't know. NO one knows," regardless of if we actually give a rats arse about what they know. Even civilians themselves don't give a crap about other civilians! The media and millennial culture has made sure of that.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Briefly, I think Jade Helm was a practice exercise for what lies ahead in 2016.

In my opinion, I think GHW Bush's repeated notations of the 'New World Order', were more than just a president seeking applause. It was, basically... a revelation of what lie ahead.

Since 1988, this nation has, basically, lost control of itself and with each passing administration... political affiliation notwithstanding, we have inched closer to a day when our constitution is going to be ripped away overnight and razor-wired checkpoints on our streets and roadways, are going to become a daily reality.

Coming in 2016?
There's not a single candidate out there that I would vote for. Not a one... not one.
That noted, however, my guess is that the final outcome will likely be Hillary, Jeb or Trump... the latter of which is the biggest, most massive mind-boondoggle ever inflicted upon this nation.

No matter. Here in the 21st century, ballot boxes no longer exist outside of the digital realm and from within that environment, votes can be adjusted as needed to assure the preferred candidate wins.

Worse still, we have devolved as a nation to a point to where we just won't care.

Uh oh... the word above, 'briefly' just got stomped. My bad.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join