It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Very simple argument against abortion

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 01:06 AM
link   
a reply to: rajas

But by your own point its our imagination that initiates all that happens concerning human decisions and makes our world utterly complicated because we don't all think alike.

Do you think it advantageous to a child to be born unwanted, unnecessary and in some cultures given away into some form of slavery?

However you look at the world, at some stage because of the finite resources of this planet and many people's indiscriminate breeding, we will come to crunch time. I suspect you can use your imagination for this scenario and common sense should kick in before it occurs.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 01:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Shiloh7

imagination that initiates all that happens concerning human decisions and makes our world utterly complicated because we don't all think alike.

Not sure what this have to do with argument for abortion.

Do you think it advantageous to a child to be born unwanted, unnecessary and in some cultures given away into some form of slavery?

Argument for abortion ?.. Ill kick this in for ya; Seven billion humans are redundant.. You jump of the bridge first?

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 03:28 AM
link   
a reply to: sociolpath

a doctor does not allow the procedure of abortion to be observed.

Doctors don't allow any invasive procedure to be observed by anybody unless you are working with him/her or you are a student!

if you observe all the other species of the earth, none will kill its unborn offspring.

None have the ability to practice advanced medicine, you are correct, but I have lived in a farm and I have seen animals kill their offspring as soon as they were born. Unfortunately they cannot talk like us and they couldn't tell us why. We are not apes any more, we are different, you are using the internet... why? animals don't, so why are you?

I am not pro-abortion and I could never have one, but I am definitely pro-choice. You are just judging from your moral high horse without putting your self in some girls or women's shoes: go talk to those females and listen to their stories and maybe you'll learn that life is not just black and white as you see it.

Some say 'don't get pregnant', well, I have news for you, contraception is never 100% secure... or are you telling women not to have sex unless they want to procreate?

Some say 'live with the consequences'... sometimes in life you have to face very difficult complex decisions and unless you are that woman or girl you have no right to tell them what to do with their bodies. It is their uterus, their decision what they do with it.

And also, if you know so much about human biology, then you should know that around half of the pregnancies are naturally terminated by the woman's body. Do you know why?

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 03:39 AM
link   
All of those who are anti-abortion, please, just stop trying to dictate the choices of people you will never meet and whose circumstances you cannot possibly even hope to understand.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 03:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Eilasvaleleyn

Im not anti-abortion i want to hear a simple phrase;" I choose to end a human life, i made a decision, to kill a unique creature growing inside my body, i choose this"

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 03:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Agartha

We are not apes any more, we are different,

You know something i dont?

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 04:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: rajas

You know something i dont?

~rolls eyes~

You didn't get what I was trying to say?

I meant we are different, even if we are still classified as apes, we are the only human apes. Look at how we live, how you live. Do you see a chimpanzee discussing things on a forum with other chimpanzees? No, because we live completely different lives due to having unique cognitive abilities and physical abilities. So why compare a woman to a female monkey? I am sure you don't spend your day jumping from tree to tree and eating your own fleas? There is no comparison.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 04:42 AM
link   

Fox2p, dont flatter yourself thinking you are more different than that.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Damn. That was a solid post
Starred.

Though, as a side note: we are apes. Classified as such.

*edit: should have read all the posts. Oops.
edit on 10-11-2015 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 04:49 AM
link   

Im not anti-abortion i want to hear a simple phrase;" I choose to end a human life, i made a decision, to kill a unique creature growing inside my body, i choose this"

You keep repeating that. Over an over.

Our responses are what they are. Too bad, so sad. Sorry, not sorry.

You're much like the OP in that you give these very specific parameters that responses have to fit into in order to be deemed worthy of consideration.

Well, homie don't play that.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 04:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Lucid Lunacy

Then you forgot what a human is about..

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Whatever that means.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 05:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lucid Lunacy
Damn. That was a solid post
Starred.

Though, as a side note: we are apes. Classified as such.

*edit: should have read all the posts. Oops.

Thank you, kind sir/madam!

I seriously dislike judgmental people, one of the problems of our world: people pointing fingers but nobody giving a hand to actually help those they are pointing at.

originally posted by: rajas

Then you forgot what a human is about..

You mean apes?

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 05:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Annee

The point I made was that just because you mother doesn't bring you up, it does not follow as Sociolpath declares, that one will not be able to be a be very good parent oneself - as no doubt you are and I was before my kids became grown up. I don't particularly care for pissing contests so are we OK now as I think we appear to be in agreement on this?

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 05:29 AM
link   

I suspect if your kicking ability rivals your thinking ability ………..

You forgot - as you got yourself busy thinking about people jumping off bridges etc to answer the actual question I asked you about - but never mind.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Well, all I can really say at this point is that I hope those of us protesting abortion on the basis of "Human life is important, dawg" are out there protesting like crazy against things like the war on drugs, and the involvement of their respective country in the Middle East.

Human life is important, sort of, not disagreeing there. I suspect we just differ on certain... Specifics. And also on how much we care about unborn babies (in my case, not much.) I'm more concerned about the mother than the child. I seem to get the feeling that a reasonable amount of people against abortion seem to assume this is what happens. (Not necessarily you guys, though. I hope not, at least.)

"Hey, honey, should I use a condom tonight?"
"Lolz, nah, I'll just get an abortion if I get pregnant."

When in reality it tends to be more like

"How did you get pregnant? What were we forgetting to do? I know I was wearing a condom, and you were on the pill, but..."
"O-oh god, *sob*, I d-don't want to do this... B-but we can't afford to raise a child r-right now."

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 06:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Eilasvaleleyn
All of those who are anti-abortion, please, just stop trying to dictate the choices of people you will never meet and whose circumstances you cannot possibly even hope to understand.

All of those of you who are pro-abortion, please, just stop trying to dictate the future of people you will never meet and whose very existence is entirely due to the poor lifestyle decisions of others.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 06:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Eilasvaleleyn

"How did you get pregnant? What were we forgetting to do? I know I was wearing a condom, and you were on the pill, but..."
"O-oh god, *sob*, I d-don't want to do this... B-but we can't afford to raise a child r-right now."

Actually it should be more like

"Want to get frisky?"
"Are you serious? We can't afford a raise a kid right now."
"Oh come on, we have the condom and a pill double teaming this"
"Those are not 100% effective. We have to be responsible. We aren't ready."
edit on 10-11-2015 by Teikiatsu because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 06:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thetan
a reply to: Krazysh0t

You responded to it, but you didn't refute it. To refute it you have to rebuttal against one or more of the premises.

I've already explained to you that I don't look at ethics as something that is purely wrong or purely right. So refuting your premise to the degree you are asking is impossible. You are going to have to accept my opinion as my opinion or not, it's on you now, but I cannot further elucidate much more on how I feel about the ethics of abortion. Even now, if I got a girl pregnant, I'd LIKE to say that I would try to talk her out of getting the abortion, but it all depends on the circumstances we are in. I certainly want to respect her decision too. She will be carrying the child after all. If she wanted an abortion despite my protests, I'd go along with it.
edit on 10-11-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 06:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Teikiatsu

I am advocating the existence of a choice. You are advocating the removal of that choice. Who's dictating what, now?
The straws, they are grasped at quite frantically.

Maybe what it should be, yes, but the point I was trying to make is that a lot of women who choose to get an abortion actually would really prefer not to, but their standard of living makes it necessary. If all you're trying to do is cast blame... Well, whatever gets the kicks, I guess.
It hurts them a lot more than some random male on the other side of the planet who will not ever meet them or even know of their existence, that's for sure.

Perhaps if Bernie manages to fix some of the wealth inequality in America abortion rates will go down.

Krazy: That's a perfect example of how this issue should be. "I disagree with it personally and I might try to convince someone that's it's not the thing to do, but it's circumstantial and I'll ultimately respect the decision of the person carrying the child" is the gist of what people should be saying. Sadly, in an issue that's so emotionally charged... Well, maybe I just lack empathy. I just can't see the big deal.
(To understand though, you'd have to understand my view on death.)
edit on 10/11/2015 by Eilasvaleleyn because: Ninjas

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join