It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let's Play a Game! You're a God of Love! WWYD?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 02:32 AM
link   
a reply to: WakeUpBeer

I certainly wouldn't sacrifice my own son for the souls of a bunch of ungrateful, entitled heathens. I'd probably go Revelations, wipe the slate clean, call a mulligan because that's clearly what humanity turned out to be, and start from scratch.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 02:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: WakeUpBeer
Let's Play a Game! You're a God of Love! WWYD?

I can answer your entire (old news) question with a single quote to the 'wise';

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls a butterfly." --Richard Bach

What you, ignorantly, judgmentally, call a 'genocide', from another Perspective (perhaps a hugely larger Perspective) might be considered a necessary skimming of the 'gene-pool'!
What do YOU know, that you feel free to 'judge', grasshopper?! *__-
edit on 9-11-2015 by namelesss because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 04:32 AM
link   

I would give Adam and Eve a book that I as God would have written myself (no man). Made it so that no matter what language you speak you can read it. And in the book it would say this.

"There are many paths that you as limited creatures can take. Know that you will not last on the earth forever but the consequences of your actions, and al actions of every person that wil ever live will have a far reaching effect on generations to come. Put aside any greed or pride you may have for it will be all of your kinds undoing. And know that no matter how different you may be from one another, you are all the same, HUMAN. So cherish each and every moment you have, and leave the creation that i have given to you in even better condition than you found it. But most importantly, LOVE."

Other than that they're on their own.
edit on 9-11-2015 by Enlil2215 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Number 5. I'll pick a rather slow and boring millennia and just sit back, relax and scratch my balls.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 10:24 AM
link   
to be the most powerful being in all of reality would be the loneliest of all forms of existence.

i would kill myself.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm
to be the most powerful being in all of reality would be the loneliest of all forms of existence.

i would kill myself.

How on Earth did you jump to those conclusions? That's like implying the greatest team of all time must be the loneliest team of all time, therefore it must suck so much it would need to suicide itself.

I'd prefer to look at the exact opposite. My hypothetical supremacy would cause others to gravitate towards me, not away from me. Just as people gravitate towards rich, popular, athletic, and attractive people right now. And just because of my personality, I'd make myself a "safe haven" & protector of the weakest creatures. That way they could finally enjoy their existence without fear of oppression, being eaten, etc.

And once the other "strong" creatures realized that they could never defeat me & that I'd always stop them from doing wrong, they'd eventually go along with my plans as well. I could always force them to, but it would be better if they came to that conclusion on their own. And in the OP's example, I'd then use my powers of creation to create all kinds of new lifeforms & environments. I've even create different simulations where the laws of physics are vastly different from each other.

In other words, I think it would be the exact opposite of the lonely existence you described.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant

i would kill myself.

How on Earth did you jump to those conclusions? That's like implying the greatest team of all time must be the loneliest team of all time, therefore it must suck so much it would need to suicide itself.

I'd prefer to look at the exact opposite. My hypothetical supremacy would cause others to gravitate towards me, not away from me. Just as people gravitate towards rich, popular, athletic, and attractive people right now. And just because of my personality, I'd make myself a "safe haven" & protector of the weakest creatures. That way they could finally enjoy their existence without fear of oppression, being eaten, etc.

And once the other "strong" creatures realized that they could never defeat me & that I'd always stop them from doing wrong, they'd eventually go along with my plans as well. I could always force them to, but it would be better if they came to that conclusion on their own. And in the OP's example, I'd then use my powers of creation to create all kinds of new lifeforms & environments. I've even create different simulations where the laws of physics are vastly different from each other.

In other words, I think it would be the exact opposite of the lonely existence you described.

That's a lot of ego for someone so enlightened.
edit on 10-11-2015 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 12:07 PM
link   

i would kill myself.

Sound pretty ego-driven if you ask me.

LOL Well, yeah. The thread is asking us to hypothetically be a God of Love. How can something be a depressed or suicidal God of Love? How does that even make sense? Love is on the opposite side of the spectrum from depression, loneliness, and suicide.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 12:10 PM
link   

i would kill myself.

LOL Well, yeah. The thread is asking us to hypothetically be a God of Love. How can something be a depressed or suicidal God of Love? How does that even make sense? Love is on the opposite side of the spectrum from depression, loneliness, and suicide.

Not a god who loves himself most of all.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 12:12 PM
link   

i would kill myself.

Yet your conclusion of being lonely & thus killing yourself is a better option? Really?

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 12:20 PM
link   

i would kill myself.

Yet your conclusion of being lonely & thus killing yourself is a better option? Really?

Yep. Game over, insert 50 cents to play again. Otherwise you are just milking your ego.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 12:24 PM
link   

i would kill myself.

Yep. Game over, insert 50 cents to play again. Otherwise you are just milking your ego.

LOL Well, if that's your conclusion, I certainly won't stop you. But I'll take my version over your version every time.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 12:26 PM
link   

i would kill myself.

LOL Well, if that's your conclusion, I certainly won't stop you. But I'll take my version over your version every time.

You have never been a god like what is described in the op. Maybe one day you'll learn what that sort of thing is really all about. Myself, I would be terrified.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 12:36 PM
link   

i would kill myself.

You have never been a god like what is described in the op. Maybe one day you'll learn what that sort of thing is really all about. Myself, I would be terrified.

To be blunt, I don't think it would suit you anyway. How could someone who talks so freely of suicide & loneliness even understand the concept of love as the OP asks?

If you understood what real "love" was, you'd know that loving & being loved are cures for depression, loneliness, and suicidal thoughts. And you'd also know that suicide can cause undo hardships & negativity on any family or friends who cared about the one committing suicide. And that doesn't even touch on the effects it would have on the people & pets who may be dependent on the person who quits on life.

My example even included me becoming a safe haven for the weak, so they could live without the very feelings you described. Yet you concluded that's "ego driven" lol. So I'll just agree to disagree with you since you're either trolling or just don't understand the OP or the "game" we were to be playing.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 12:44 PM
link   

i would kill myself.

To be blunt, I don't think it would suit you anyway. How could someone who talks so freely of suicide & loneliness even understand the concept of love as the OP asks?

If you understood what real "love" was, you'd know that loving & being loved are cures for depression, loneliness, and suicidal thoughts. And you'd also know that suicide can cause undo hardships & negativity on any family or friends who cared about the one committing suicide. And that doesn't even touch on the effects it would have on the people & pets who may be dependent on the person who quits on life.

My example even included me becoming a safe haven for the weak, so they could live without the very feelings you described. Yet you concluded that's "ego driven" lol. So I'll just agree to disagree with you since you're either trolling or just don't understand the OP or the "game" we were to be playing.

I think it is that very love, not the lack of it, that makes me abhor the idea of being such an entity. Don't get me wrong, I can understand how it appeals to you as a human being. We are very egocentric creatures. But all you have are human imaginings of an inhuman existence. You can only pretend to appreciate what it is to be a god, because you have never been there.
edit on 10-11-2015 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 12:55 PM
link   

i would kill myself.

I think it is that very love, not the lack of it, that makes me abhor the idea of being such an entity. Don't get me wrong, I can understand how it appeals to you as a human being. We are very egocentric creatures. But all you have are human imaginings of an inhuman existence. You can only pretend to appreciate what it is to be a god, because you have never been there.

Like you have? LOL Who'd want to worship, honor, or appreciate a depressed, emo, and suicidal deity that can't even handle its own existence, and therefore kills itself? That wouldn't even make a good comic book.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 02:29 PM
link   
"Do I take any pleasure in the death of the wicked? declares the Sovereign LORD. Rather, am I not pleased when they turn from their ways and live?" (Ezek 18:23)

"The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have life and have it abundantly." (Jn 10:10)

"...who wants all people to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth." (I Tim 2:4)

"The Son of Man came to seek and save that which was lost." (Lk 19:10)

"Jerusalem, Jerusalem, you who kill the prophets and stone those sent to you, how often I have longed to gather your children together, as a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, and you were not willing." (Matt 23:37)

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 11:49 PM
link   
See what you've done? This thread is slowly becoming like Mount Olympus and it's Gods battling with the Titans. Even the Gods couldn't agree amongst themselves.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 12:34 AM
link   
I'm not touching this with a 100 foot pole .. even if you paid me 1.5 milion dollars...

cuz' no matter WHAT I do, no matter how good it will be ....

I'll get blamed for EVERTHING !!!! even though it wasn't even my fault .. it was those I created to use their 'God' given senses ..including their HEART to decide if what they are doing is good or not..

True I can inspire but...seriously .. I made them interdependent and they STILL blame me for the best tools I gave them to make their lives better.. !!!

~DONE

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Whoah!... 1.5 million dollars is way better than just scratching my... nevermind. How about an intermission, a catchy karaoke song...

edit on 09 11 2015 by MaxTamesSiva because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join