It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New message from Iraq resistance!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 03:57 AM
link   
Take a look at this video, it looks like the resistance have had a turnover in their public relations department.

This video looks like the work of an outside operative, perhaps one educated in the UK? British accent with a touch of Dutch?

Take a look, the video's a bit slow. If someone can mirror it, It'll be appreciated.

koti.mbnet.fi...

Cheers.

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 04:29 AM
link   
i cant see what it says because the words are blurry.

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 04:33 AM
link   
i have found also this link, if this is the same movie clip:

www.informationclearinghouse.info...

but because i dont have any soundcard here at work, i will have to check it again at home, with sound...

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 04:41 AM
link   
your link worked better for some reason. The music to it sounded like trailor music for a movie. The narrator sounded british and it reminded me of the Michael Moore Style similar to Fahrenheit 911.

JAK

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 05:27 AM
link   
Here is a transcript of what I can make out:

People of the World these words come to you from those, who up untill the day of the invasion, were struggling to survive under the sanctions imposed by the criminal regimes of the US and Britain. We are simple people who chose principles over fear. We have suffered crimes and sanctions which we consider the true weapons of mass destruction. Years and years of agony and despair while the condemned UN traded with our oil revenues in the name of world stability and peace. Over two million innocents died waiting for a light at the end of a tunnel that only ended with the occupation of our country and the theft of our resources.

After the crimes of the administrators of the US and Britain in Iraq we have chosen our future, the future of every resistance struggle ever in the history of man. It is our duty, as well as our right, to fight back the occupying forces which, their nations will be held morally and economically responsible for what their elected governments have destroyed and stolen from our land. We have not crossed the oceans and seas to occupy Britain or the US, nor are we responsible for 9/11. These are only a few of the lies that these criminals present to cover their true plans for the control of the energy resources of the world in (the) face of a growing China and a strong unified Europe.

It is ironic that the Iraqi�s are to bear the full face of this large and growing conflict on behalf of the rest of this sleeping world.

We thank all those, including those of Britain and the US, who took to the streets in protest against this war and against globalism. We also thank France, Germany and other states for their position which least (?) to say are considered wise and balanced, until now. Today we call on you again. We do not require arms or fighters, for we have plenty. We ask you to form a world-wide front against war and sanctions. A front that is governed by the wise and knowing, a front that will bring reform and order. New institutions that will replace the now corrupt. Stop using the US dollar, use the Euro or a basket of currencies. Reduce or halt your consumption of British and US products, put and end to Zionism before it ends the world. Educate those in doubt of the true nature of this conflict, and do not their media for their casualties are far higher than they admit. We only wish we had more cameras to show the world their true defeat. The enemy is on the run. They are in fear of a resistance movement they cannot see nor predict. We now choose when, where and how to strike. And as our ancestors drew the first sparks of civilisation we will redefine the word conquest. Today we write a new chapter in the arts of urban warfare.

Know that by helping the Iraqi people you are helping yourselves, for tomorrow may bring the same destruction to you. And helping the Iraqi people does not mean dealing (?) to the Americans for a few contracts here and there. You must continue to isolate their strategy. This conflict is no longer considered a localised war, nor can the world remain hostage to the never-ending and regenerative fear that the American people suffer from in general.

We will pin them here in Iraq to drain their resources, manpower and their will to fight. We will make them spend as much as they steal, if not more. We will disrupt then halt the flow of our stolen oil, thus rendering their plans useless. And the earlier a movement is born, the earlier their fall will be.

And to the American soldiers we say you can also choose to fight tyranny with us. Lay down your weapons and seek refuge in our mosques, churches and homes. We will protect you and we will get you out of Iraq as we have done with a few others before you. Go back to your homes, families and loved ones. This is not your war, nor are you fighting for a true cause in Iraq.

And to George W. Bush we say you have asked us to �bring it on� and so have we, like never expected. Have you another challenge?

Personally, whether in agreement or not, I think that this is the best suchlike offering so far. Very westernised indeed and very strong, from the content to the accompanying music.

Jack

[edit on 4/1/05 by JAK]

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 05:51 AM
link   
They've obviously realised tugging at the heart-strings is a better tactic than beheading people.

[edit on 4-1-2005 by Curio]

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 06:06 AM
link   
Hmmm.... First OBL with his redirected style of addressing the public, and now the Iraqi insurgents. Something stinks here and its not on the bottom of my shoe.

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 06:23 AM
link   
Really good bit of propoganda to try and win over the westerners or at least question the authority.. worthy of an oscar nomination.. hehe

What had been mentioned in the video is very hypocritical... even inviting allied soldiers to lay down their weapons and join them.. like that'll happen...

This is total spin doctoring at it's mediocre... we know that these people have access to the internet, the same as we do.. they Jihad group even have a Public Relations Deptartment.. (may ask if they do calenders..hehe) its not hard to manipulate people when they need only read threads on website such as ATS to see that there is anti bush, anti establishment thoughts and all these dewds have done is take advantage of controversial statments made about the Armed Forces reasons for being in Iraq.. How gullible do they think we really are??? The do not hate American/UK/French etc Citizens but they feel the need to murder a Female Red Cross Worker who had Joint UK and Iraqi citizenship who was in there country for the sole purpose of helping there people..

The sole purpose of this message is to give the impression that the war is futile and that our reasons for being in country are purely for economic gain.. whether this is the alterior motive of the Bush Administration..who knows? However, this tactic worked for Goebbels in WWII.. can't blame 'em for giving it a shot.. like had been said previously.. prolly would have been more effective in the first video they released (assuming it's authentic) instead of after all the butchery..

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 09:50 AM
link   
now that i have seen and heard this video, i can say that i stand behind everything he said!
those are not words of a mad man, but words of a wise man, who knows what hes doing. this video looks like a warning and a message to all western people, just because its translated in english, from the original.
it is an excellent answer to all the u.s. propaganda machine statments, and an answer to all the questions who these people really are. they are not some crazy men, they are common people like you and me, that have seen enaugh of war and have no choice but to start fighting! and they are not some small pockets of resistance, confused and disconected from all the communication. it is a organized army, resisting all over the urban iraqi terriory. and we all know how urban terrirory is HARD to conquer with a attacking army. every window becoms a bunker and every house a stronghold. you know how many houses and windows are there in baghdad or iraq? do the math!

[edit on 4-1-2005 by Souljah]

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 10:15 AM
link   
There is no such thing as 'Iraqi Resistence'.

There are, however, the Insurgents. The Insurgents
murder their fellow Iraqis, blow up oil pipelines thus
disrupting commerce and income for their fellow Iraqis,
and generally do everything they can to bring Iraq and
it's citizens down. Iraqis have really free elections for
the first time in 50 years, and yet the insurgents want
them to boycott the elections.

The insurgents do not have the support of the general
Iraqi population.

Yeah ... the insurgents reeeeeeally have the best interest of the
Iraqi citizens at heart ... *intense sarcasm* the insurgents
couldn't possibly be blowing hot air because they are upset
over the fact that they are loosing their death grip (and
illegal incomes) now that Iraq is free of Saddam. Could they?

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 10:46 AM
link   
From what I've seen, the only Iraqis the "insurgents" are killing are those who willingly become puppets of the US. That's understandable, IMO. The "resistance" is the same as the "insurgents."

Iraqi insurgents now outnumber coalition forces

Why do you suppose this is? IMO, it's because these "insurgents" are not insurgents at all. They're Iraqis who have chosen to fight against the occupation of their country. They're not coming from outside Iraq. They are Iraq. Notice that they just killed the governor of Baghdad? I'm sure he was in full cooperation with the US.

[edit on 4-1-2005 by Damned]

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Damned
From what I've seen, the only Iraqis the "insurgents" are killing are those
who willingly become puppets of the US. Why do you suppose this is?

Actually, I disagree with your statement that the insurgents are
only killing US puppets ... so I can't validate your statement with
an answer. I don't 'suppose this is' at all. Sorry.

From the facts I have, the conclusion I reach is that the insurgents
are loosing power and illegal $$$ that they enjoyed under the
brutality of Saddam. They are fighting everyone, including those
that the Iraqi people want to lead them.

Example - They have ammo dumps under the school play grounds.
They put Iraqi children in danger, without care for them at all. Those
kids aren't anyones puppets. They are, however, human shields for
the insurgents because they know Americans won't bomb schools.

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Iraqis have really free elections for
the first time in 50 years, ...
Might this be a westerner believing a westerner's point of view? From what I just read by a Baghdad resident who I happen to think presents the situation in Iraq from as sane a point of view as any resident bearing witness to the violence and forced changes over there, these elections are nothing but a sham. Apparently, the lists of hundreds of names on the ballot are approved by Sistani, which raises concerns with Iraqis about a theocracy; only the names at the top of the lists are known as apparently the US refuses to release the names of the others out of fear for their lives. If this is true, how are the citizens supposed to know their candidate? As well, despite the claim that all previously displaced Iraqis can return to vote, men under 50 are being turned away at the borders for fear they may be insurgents. And finally, voting cards have been issued all of them supposedly hold the gender identifier of the citizen, unfortunately all of them say "male." These cards are apparently being sold for hundreds of dollars by those who have no interst in voting in what they believe to be a puppet election process.

Now, I much prefer to hear and read what ordinary Iraqi citizens have to say about what is going on in their country, than the propaganda that flows from the lips of Bush's and Blair's pr machine.

Where some may see the insurgents as being against the Iraqis, I see the non-resistance by the Iraqis to turn them in and fight against them as support. To think otherwise suggests that you and those who believe as you do, would idly sit by and watch your country get torn asunder by two enemies fighting each other, where you back one and not the other.

One more puppet string governor dead today, let's see if we find an outpouring of grief by Iraqis for this man.

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Actually, I disagree with your statement that the insurgents are
only killing US puppets ... so I can't validate your statement with
an answer. I don't 'suppose this is' at all. Sorry.

That questions was actually asking why you think the insurgents outnumber our forces now. See context.

From the facts I have, the conclusion I reach is that the insurgents
are loosing power and illegal $$$ that they enjoyed under the
brutality of Saddam. They are fighting everyone, including those
that the Iraqi people want to lead them.

They now outnumber our forces, according to reports. They're not fighting everyone. They're fighting those who take sides with the US.

Example - They have ammo dumps under the school play grounds.
They put Iraqi children in danger, without care for them at all. Those
kids aren't anyones puppets. They are, however, human shields for
the insurgents because they know Americans won't bomb schools.

You do what you have to, in war. Can you blame them? Without their weapons, they have no war. We'd probably do the same, if our country was occupied.

As for elections, we can't even hold our own fair elections! (It may not become obvious to some people, until another election or two shows signs of tampering.) What makes you think we can help Iraq have fair elections?
I have no doubt it's a sham.

[edit on 4-1-2005 by Damned]

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 11:37 AM
link   
It's safe to say those 200,000 active fighters and sympathisers are Sunni Iraqi's. If you believe Sunni's to be insurgent fighters who are taking up arms in the fear of losing "illegal money" or "Saddam royalties" you're dead wrong! It's been 2-3 years since the US coalition invaded Iraq and hardly a cent has gone to rebuilding infrastructure or basic utilities. If these requirements have been met by the US coalition, then it's safe to assume the infrastructure rebuilding money has gone to Shiite majority areas thus creating further resistance cause.

We're talking 2-3 years here folks. Can anyone please explain to me or simply point out what has changed in Iraq since the US invaded? Any detail to progress would be great thanks!

Then ask yourselves why

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by SomewhereinBetween

Iraqis have really free elections for
the first time in 50 years, ...

Might this be a westerner believing a
westerner's point of view?

Perhaps. But it also just might be the truth.
There were no free elections under Saddam.
If these upcoming elections weren't free, then
UBL and the rest of the terrorists wouldn't be
so dead set against them.

That's how I see it. You are free to disagree.
Thankfully we live in a part of the world where
we are free to do so.

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Damned
That questions was actually asking why you think the insurgents outnumber our forces now. See context.

ah ... okay.

Well ... I still can't agree with ya'. I do not believe there are
more insurgents than we have troops. IF there are more,
and I stress IF (I'm sure there aren't)... then perhaps what
the King of Jordan said is true ... Iran is attempting to meddle
in the affairs of Iraq.

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by syntaxer
Can anyone please explain to me or simply point out what has changed in Iraq since the US invaded? Any detail to progress would be great thanks!
Then ask yourselves why

One detail -

Saddam can no longer mass murder his own people. The Kurds are not
being gassed by WMD by the thousands. Saddam and his sons are not
mass torturing and raping. Saddam no longer has the UN security council
in his back pocket. The Billions in Oil for Food $$$ that was supposed to be
going to the Iraqi people is now going to the Iraqi people instead of to
France, Germany, and China. The terrorist training camps in NE Iraq
(complete with Boeing 727s for hijack training) are gone. Saddam is no
longer paying $50,000 to the families of Palestinian homicide bombers and
so the number of homicide bombers in Israel has gone down because some
of the incentive to mass murder Jews (and others) is no longer there.

Why? Because we took him and his sons out.

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 11:59 AM
link   

There is no such thing as 'Iraqi Resistence'.

There are, however, the Insurgents. The Insurgents
murder their fellow Iraqis, blow up oil pipelines thus
disrupting commerce and income for their fellow Iraqis,
and generally do everything they can to bring Iraq and
it's citizens down.

The insurgents do not have the support of the general
Iraqi population.

ok, whatever you want to call those men fighting the u.s. forces, rebels, resistance, insurgents, terrorists, freedom fighters, guerrilas, whatever. just as long you know the meaning to this words. if i say "freedom fighter" i know xactly what i mean. i also know that there are as many opinions here as there are people here; but you have to understand that some points of view are more "broad" then others. i dont just read cnn and abc and bbc and sky news, i also read all other news channels, and then you can see a wider picture of the situation. as many spotlights as possible. as many reports as possible.

well whoever they are, they are fighting for their home and their way of life, i belive two biggest motives to fight for. and no mercenary or a western soldier is better motivated. that is their home! do you understand the meaning of the word "home"? ask yourself, what would you do?

during world war 2 in yugoslavija there was a great rebel-resistance force called the partisans, with their leader marshal Tito. HE was the one that united all the "tribes" living on this territory, all the croats, the serbs, the bosnians, the slovenians in one struggle against the INVADING FORCES (german, italy and hungary). and they were very successful, since they were fighting in their OWN forrests and in their OWN cities, that they knew very well! and that kind of "insurgency" my friend, never ends, if the invading forces are still in the territory of the home land.
sooner or later that will happen in middle east. a great man will arise, uniting all the tribes under one banner. fear this day, if you are an invading army!

Yeah ... the insurgents reeeeeeally have the best interest of the
Iraqi citizens at heart ... *intense sarcasm* the insurgents
couldn't possibly be blowing hot air because they are upset
over the fact that they are loosing their death grip (and
illegal incomes) now that Iraq is free of Saddam. Could they?

and know, that the iraqi people will always protect the ones fighting for their own homes (my grandmother was helping partisans during ww2, hiding them in the home on the farm and giving the food and medicine, so i know what that "mean" by saying "protect the ones fighting for their own homes"). not the ones helping the invading army, or trying to put a puppet leader as governor of the state and converting iraqi people for his "false" iraqi army. those are not the soldiers who are protecting the iraqi people, they are protecting the u.s. in iraq and their interests. and that is a diffrence.

and remember, the heart is always home.

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by syntaxer
It's been 2-3 years since the US coalition invaded Iraq and hardly a cent has gone to rebuilding infrastructure or basic utilities. Then ask yourselves why

www.windsofchange.net...
This is rather long, but it does get into the GNP being raised
higher than pre-war, and it does get into the schools our
Army Corp of Engineers have been rebuilding over there
(and updating, and clearing of ordinance, etc.) as well as
other things we are doing (that honestly, I don't think we
have to)

Why is this happening? Because we are there.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join