It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you Smoke Cigarettes, Your a Loser!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 03:05 PM
link   
I have to ask, what doesn't make anyone a loser if suffering from a bad addiction defines you as one? Is it just cigarretes? What makes anyone a winner? Financial success? Fame? Good looks? High IQ scores? Grades? High social status? Health? Wealth? Sexual reproduction? A plethora of wonderul experiences and memories? Lots of friends? Superior genes?

I don't look at an alcoholic on the street, a homeless person or a junkie and think that he or she is a loser. Most of them are probably worse of than I am, despite me being a smoker. I think we're all losers, if not; we're all winners.

I'm an addict. I made a poor choice when I was 13 years old, naive, ignorant and nonchalant about the dangers of smoking. I accept that. I regret that, every single day, and I am trying to quit. Like most smokers, I want to quit, it's just that it's really difficult. I put my cigarette butts where they belong, I don't litter. I don't smoke around children and I make a concious effort to avoid smoking around non-smokers. But in the rest of my life, I'm doing well. I study, I eat healthy and exercise, I have good friends and a loving family, I treat people with respect and I avoid being prejudice. I have inspired and motivated people to make positive life changing choices, because I too have made such choices.

But I'm still a loser, simply because of the fact that I suffer from this bad addiction? Well, thanks. At least I try.
edit on 7-11-2015 by ABeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 03:19 PM
link   
I'm a loser, huh? well Mr. OP did you know you are a loser for not knowing the difference between "your", and "you're". Learn what words go into what sentences loser. I am highly offended by you, so why don't you do us all a favor OP, and just walk away from this thread right now....... loser.

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy

Sounds like you had an example how to behave, your dad. My parents were squeaky clean, I began smoking partly out of rebellion.

Whatever the reason we start, the cigarette itself is purposefully designed to draw one into full blown addiction.

Same with drinking.

Legal murder suicide pact.

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 03:27 PM
link   
loser here! Although it's rolled tobacco with no buts and I don't litter or smoke around non smokers... so I'm a good loser? I know it's bad for me, but as I said no smoking around non-smokers and no littering buts and I'm fine healthwise and if I choose to commune with tobacco, well that's my choice.. tobacco chose me I didn't choose tobacco... uh wait can't I just have one vice? Oh and coffee.. don't get me started, two vices hand in hand off to never never land

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

originally posted by: corvuscorrax
People who complain about smokers are some of the biggest hypocrites out there.

Spare me the 'two wrongs don't make a right' platitude.

Also the post above me is just amazing. Talking about intelligence and then says that. So funny.

With any luck she'd spit it back in your face.

Google data on relationships between women who smoke and promiscuity. Plenty of data out there to support my contention. Guys intuitively know this as well. Facts sometimes aren't pleasant.

Correlation doesn't equal causation. The funny part to me however was how you said it's a huge turnoff if a woman smokes and then say you'd love it if she blows you.

Doesn't really add up. Or you're just as promiscuous as the smoker women you supposedly are turned off by.

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Do you know what coffee plantations do to the environment?
www.sustainablebusinesstoolkit.com...

How about all the chemicals used to produce the plants that are used to make alcohol?

But yeah, it's easy to pick on smokers.

Enjoy your rant and your self-righteousness. Enjoy the delusion that your addictions don't cause any harm because, after all, you're a smart cookie!

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
Then there are the people that use too much crappy cologne.

True but they get it as gifts a lot nothing like saving 40k in 5 years heavy smoking

www.quitterscircle.com...

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: sekerofknowlege

Thank you saying all of this! I have to agree with it 100%. Smokers are indeed losers, and the tobacco industry is laughing at them all the way to the bank.

Seriously, if you smoke, I think less of you as a person. You actually seem less intelligent to me. Just being honest here...

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: waarheid

Albert Einstein was known for smoking a pipe. He once said, "I believe that pipe smoking contributes to a somewhat calm and objective judgment in all human affairs."

history1900s.about.com...

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: waarheid
a reply to: sekerofknowlege

Thank you saying all of this! I have to agree with it 100%. Smokers are indeed losers, and the tobacco industry is laughing at them all the way to the bank.

Seriously, if you smoke, I think less of you as a person. You actually seem less intelligent to me. Just being honest here...

I can say the same about you making this post. I think less of you as a person. Just being honest.

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Oh my goodness...one of these threads, haven't been around for a while, I think I now see why!

OP, you want to call smokers a loser, go ahead, I don't agree and think people who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones (you smoked once upon a time, that makes you an ex-smoker they are the worst).

There is no correlation between smoking and lack of intelligence, to even suggest this speaks to a lack of intelligence.

I would say alcohol i far more damaging than smoking and have have far more immeadiate consequences....think drink driving, think bar brawl, think dometic violence and that's just for starters.

Live and let live, there are people who have smoked all their lives and never develop a smoking related disease, I smoke and have never had a chest infection, doesn't mean it won't happen one day, but some people are built more tollerant of these things....we often call weaker people loser's.

Meanwhile smoke on!

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 06:30 PM
link   
At last look smoking is a personal choice. You nor any others have a right to condemn them for their choices. It's their lungs....but it's your whine. I don't like the color purple. I detest it..but I aint banging out a hard arse thread about purple.
edit on 7-11-2015 by openyourmind1262 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 06:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
a reply to: waarheid

Albert Einstein was known for smoking a pipe. He once said, "I believe that pipe smoking contributes to a somewhat calm and objective judgment in all human affairs."

history1900s.about.com...
yeah and didn't Samuel Clemens? He was no dummy. It calms the overactive minds of overly creative and or intelligent minds.
Native Americans use it in a spiritual sense, I've got nothing to day about that other than, some even see it as something sacred.

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 07:11 PM
link   
People still smoke cigarettes?

Losers.

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 07:15 PM
link   
FACT:

If you smoke you are disgusting.

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 07:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: sekerofknowlege
a reply to: intrptr
I'm addicted to coffee, and a legal herb called kratom. But, again, my addictions don't harm others around me, just me! I'm not making fun of addictions. It's just annoying how everytime I walk by a cig smoker I have to hold my breath like I'm training to surf Mavericks for the sake of my own health.

Sorry to say, my overly sensitive friend, that second hand smoke bullcocky about killing people is bogus. It's like liberals vs conservatives. You can do a search for "Is there any real evidence second hand smoke kills" in google and get tons of pages from reputable sources that says IT DOES NOT!.

One Example

Now maybe if I sit in your face and shotgun you smoke all day... then maybe, but by then, my lungs have pretty much filtered most of the toxins. Get it...? Butt - Filter 1. My lungs - Filter 2. Why not join me, let me shotgun you smoke all day so we can protect everyone else by you being filter 3?

Second hand smoke at most is an irritant. Just like people that complain about my smoke when I'm 10 feet away from them. You know what's really annoying? Self righteous people who HAVE addictions screaming about mine.

You and every other self centered person on this planet make me want to go light up another smoke. Thank you... I think I will.

See.... Your fault!

edit on 7-11-2015 by StallionDuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 07:28 PM
link   
LOL @ the loser smokers going into defensive mode. This thread is epic.

Calm down and have a smoke.

edit on 7-11-2015 by real_one because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Anyone under the age of about 40 years old who smokes is clearly too stupid to breed.

You just made my freaking day

I can now die a happy person

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

I'm allergic to monkeys you selfish narcissistic primate. Stop polluting my air with your dander.

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Nothing turns me off than seeing a hot chick light up a cigarette. The only redeeming quality about chicks who smoke is that they usually are easy and probably swallow.

Stop it dude you're killing me.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join