It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nonduality VS creating your reality

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 06:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluesma

This is always such a silly word game of refusal to communicate with others...like contually trying to convince yourself that we don't exist.

What do 'you' exist as? That is the question.

Well, for some people, they don't see it that way. Some don't believe there is anything else, no "self" except this body (in whatever state it is now) and the other bodies around it and environment which make up "not self".

Maybe they don't feel the need to believe or experience a self which is completely static and unchanging?
Maybe they are comfortable with the change, with mortality, with nonexistence when that self/body passes?

I don't know. But for some, that is what they percieve and believe, and I feel no need to change their minds.
Often that view keeps them very active and effective in this world, so to each their own, as long as it isn't harming anyone else!

The reason I asked 'Why are you referring to 'some people' and what 'they' believe?' (the questions were not asking for 'which' people) was in response to this post (above) - it is full of 'some people' and 'they' and it is better to investigate for yourself rather than refer to what they said or what they believe. Direct looking will be the best way to find out - it is a scientific way of finding out for sure.
So it was not about anyone else or anything else but your direct experience - you see that there is a changing going on. Do you have to go and seek knowledge about whether that is true or not?

edit on 6-11-2015 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 06:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluesma

"Okay. I'm not totally on board with that - it all depends upon what one's concept of "self" is.

I mean, consider someone who thinks that the self is quite simply the physical body - then denying it exists, is pretty stupid and useless in this world! "

As I said, we don't deny the body. That is stupid. We must see through belief that we unquestionably think we control our thoughts when we don't. As for the way you've portrayed "will", in that perspective, I agree with it as I've said earlier.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 06:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

I was thinking of something earlier and thought I'd might share.

Do we actually experience time? If all there is, is this moment and time doesn't exist. Then do you experience time?

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 06:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Andy1144

Of course i controll my thoughts and of course i can change them.
?????
Who or what else would?
I really hate this "all is one" BS! It's a grose over simplification and i don't get how anyone ever could fall for this.
Reality proves otherwise every day. Every second!

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 06:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Andy1144

I was thinking of something earlier and thought I'd might share.

Do we actually experience time? If all there is, is this moment and time doesn't exist. Then do you experience time?

No. Time is a word that says that there is something other than what is happening - some place else that can be got to.
Where else is there? It is an idea that leads one down the path of storyland - me goes hand in hand. A dream within this dream - a dream of separation dreamt by the one.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Thanks for proving my point, it's bs. If everybody would think that way we'd still live in caves.
Time is a very interesting topic and many things at once...

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 06:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

Who is "you". The brain makes your descisions, there is no. one separate controlling the brain. In neuroscience, it is obvious the idea of a self is incoherent.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 06:18 AM
link   

However the illusion of it is experienced now in every moment correct?
As you said, what is it that notices change?
edit on 6-11-2015 by Andy1144 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Yes there is. I might be a product of inherited and learned behaviourism, but i can learn and i can change.
I am many things and depending on my current circumstances, but i am also different than everybody else.
Besides things like i have to eat sleep etc.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 06:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

Thanks for proving my point, it's bs. If everybody would think that way we'd still live in caves.
Time is a very interesting topic and many things at once...

The idea of time happens but no one has ever experienced time.
Time is indeed, an interesting topic.
edit on 6-11-2015 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Well yes, that is obvious. Were just confused by what we mean by "self". On one level I can say there is no control. On another, I can talk about self-control as if I have it because it is useful. No one is getting rid of the ego, just the identification with it.
Time is needed to function. Yes it is ultimately unreal, but the illusion is a useful tool. Sometimes certain people can make it seem like they are denying time, but they are only doing it on one level. Itisnowagain definitely plans for the future, trust me.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 06:29 AM
link   

I don't care. Point is time exists it measures our existence. It might be manipulatable, but that's a different topic.

I don't talk about self control "as if i have it" i do have it. If i am hungry i can decided not to eat, because i am no animal, or virus, i have free will and the ultimate decission is always mine.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 06:32 AM
link   

You are speaking about free will on one level. You seem to understand free will isn't real, but then say I have it. Which I have said as well in a different way. If we are talking about free will on the level of will, then the choice is always ours. But on another level, that is all really determined by previous causes get it?

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 06:37 AM
link   

No i get it it's just wrong.
We could share the exact same experiences, you turn into a destructive person i become a whiny victim, or similiar.
I decide always, as long as i have the brainpower to analyse i can get enough distance to judge=>decide.
edit on 6-11-2015 by Peeple because: Auto

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Point is time exists it measures our existence.

That is right - without time the separate me cannot exist!

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Can the immeasurable be known by the finite mind?

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 06:42 AM
link   

How could you possibly know that? Ever been to a timeless place?
Even as a thought model it is wrong, i don't need time to exist seperated, just space...

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 06:46 AM
link   

How could you possibly know that? Ever been to a timeless place?
Even as a thought model it is wrong, i don't need time to exist seperated, just space...

Is the space in which everything is appearing divided in anyway?
The idea of time appears. Where does that idea appear?

Where does the sky begin and where does it end?

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 06:47 AM
link   

What

In english, please?

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Ever been to a timeless place?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join