It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nonduality VS creating your reality

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 01:24 PM
link   
It is something I have observed in non-dual communities often. They seem to over deny the relativity of life and keep on saying "there is no reality, it's all just one" to many things. And while this is true, I feel it doesn't give the full picture.

For example, it is a fact that thought shape reality within this dream of life. If there is an intention to find a pet toy for your child for example, it is true that the universe will provide you with signs, patterns and synchronistic events to help you find a toy. Maybe you'll suddenly feel drawn to go to the local store but really, onthe way you found a friend who can give it to you for free. And once one becomes open and sensitive to this, we can intuitively see patterns which will help us manifest what we desire.
Yes, this idea is contraversial since there are those in the new-age community who give contrived forms of this message. But ultimately manifestation is a fact about our dream world and must not be denied.

Now this is what nonduality would usually say about this.
This is all BS. There is no one to manifest, and no reality, therefore this law is completely useless. All there is, is this moment.

--Now while it is true there ultimately is no reality, or "self" to manifest that does not mean this law is useless. It can still be used as a tool to help create the best reality possible. And this is important.
Awakening from the dream is one thing, LIVING it is also important and should not be neglected.

This non dual phenomena is just something I have observed and I think it puts too much emphasis on the "absolute" and not enough on the relative. I just wish to spread awareness of this.

Besides, the material world is no less spiritual then anything. They are both sides of the same coin, and I think combining the strict essence of nonduality with knowledge of living this dream are both the yin and yang of living an ecstatic, genuine life.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 02:27 PM
link   
From what I gather, once one grasps nonduality, the manifestations are not from the person, but from the Source. Let go and enjoy the ride, but along the way, hope for the end of hunger & war plus the addition of free energy for all. The toy you find may be more than you ever expected.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Jojoappleseed

Precisely. But what people seem to do on some subtle level is make nonduality and no-self their new attachment and do not entertain manifestation as an important aspect of living life. But that fact the "you" are the creator of your reality is a fact, and an important one.
Imagine what an enlightened society would be like. A society where everyone new their true powers as creators. Everyone would be synchronistically finding whatever they needed, whenever they needed, in a magical way without even thinking much. That's what this place can become and that's the sort of change we should be doing withing ourselves. That's the direction where we wan't this earth to be headed, and we can start with ourselves. Seeing there is no-self and paradoxically find that "you" are the creator of your physical reality if you catch my drift. But some nondual folk arent giving this area the attention it needs it seems.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Duality is within ... all have free choice to use their higher intelligence or not ... to be in harmony or not.
It is true that everything is one but within the one are many individual things ... such as the Human Race is one species amongst many other intelligent species on Earth and perhaps the rest of the Universe.

War and poverty show a lack of the intelligence I speak of.
The human race is one in reality ... when you harm another you harm your own soul

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 12:13 AM
link   

But that fact the "you" are the creator of your reality is a fact, and an important one.

edit on 5-11-2015 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 12:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

Ok I'm gonna have to say please give me two or three of what she's having, thanks!

Now that I think about it give me four.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 01:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Andy1144

As a non dualist. I know only the truth. The only truth that there is that there is only one true reality. There can only be one truth. We all know what we are self evidently. We all know , every single creature knows it knows it exists. This "feeling" of existence is awareness. All else is a lie. All else is false. Every parallel universe every star every galaxy every element on the periodic table is a fraud. An illusion on awareness because it will appear but not permanently. The easiest way I can explain it is awareness vs consciousness. Awareness is unmanifest and consciousness is manifest. Two sides of the same coin. As an individual body mind I take my stance and my conviction of my true being to be the unchanging witness that stands at the zero point.

The awareness is all pervading. The electron only lasts 100 billion trillion years. Meaning consciousness will die. God will die . It will all die. Awareness is immortal and prior to consciousness arriving on the scene. Until you go through ego death you will continue to side with You being consciousness and that monkey.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 01:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Andy1144
For example, it is a fact that thought shape reality within this dream of life. If there is an intention to find a pet toy for your child for example, it is true that the universe will provide you with signs, patterns and synchronistic events to help you find a toy. Maybe you'll suddenly feel drawn to go to the local store but really, onthe way you found a friend who can give it to you for free. And once one becomes open and sensitive to this, we can intuitively see patterns which will help us manifest what we desire.

"Fact" is a strong word

As much as I find that wonderous and neat to experience, I am quite aware also that it could be just a matter of me paying attention to details around me, pertaining to my intent, that I would not normally notice. Our brains work that way. They create patterns, even where there isn't.

I guess I don't care if it is my brain making maps where they aren't subconsciously- I still enjoy it! It works for me, that's all that counts.

I don't know if the perception of a separation between "self" and "other" is necessarily false or not, and don't feel too concerned with discerning so. In any case, I am aware that I can experience such a thing- or not.

There are times I can slip into a state in which lose those boundaries and am completely here and now- not "in" here and now, just "am" here and now.

But I enjoy the experience of self and "not self" interaction and relation, so I don't feel a draw to belief systems which require one to reject it.

I have a tendency to assume that people who are embracing that belief must not have been enjoying much their experience in duality, so wanted to check out of the game. They must have had a hard time and couldn't figure out how to change it. But that is just a guess on my part. But it makes me think- if they really need to erase their self, then let them.

edit on 5-11-2015 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 01:43 AM
link   
I had a dream once that was memorable.

I had been going through a period of lucid dreaming every night. I was experimenting with the control I could have in the dream, making things and people appear, events happen- I was directing everything in a few nights.

One night, I was dreaming that I was in my home, and there were various people I know there, and I realized I was bored with this. If I spoke to one of them, I knew what they would say because of course, I had decided so. I knew what was going to happen in each moment because I was deciding so.

It dawned on me that I would prefer to have things leave my control again. I would like to have the future events hidden and surprising, I would like the characters to have their own internal life, hidden from me. I knew I was dreaming, but it seemed possible I could just give the job to my subconscious to deal with all that, and surprise me.

That is basically what happened. I still lucid dream sometimes, but am very careful to not take the reins completely- I love creating scenarios in which there is a door, for example, but I don't project anything behind it, and go to open it and see what my subconscious put there!

This was very thought provoking for me. It let me wonder if this is exactly what why we are here, in this dual reality, with a huge part of who are being unconscious- just hiding from ourself, for fun, for amusement!

I don't have a belief on this really, but... if our waking life is something like this, I guess one could choose any amount of perception of "control" they wish to experience- including none at all.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 03:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Thiaoouba Prophecy

I agree with everything you've said. All there is, is awareness, and everything that appears in it, cannot exist outside of it. So everything else is false. But just because everything is false does not mean we deny it. In fact, we experience more fully then ever. Pretending to be an individual, a creator, is a great illusion as long as you do not believe it to be real. We can use words like "I create my reality". "I'll choose where to go" Yes, it isn't ultimately real, but it can be used as a tool to experience the best duality possible. Because, after all, that is where the action is all at.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 03:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluesma

Only, about 2 years ago, I thought the same thing.
Maybe it's all just brain level stuff right? There is no scientific evidence to prove otherwise right? While that may be true, when you are open, you become more sensitive to surprisingly random events and how they unfold.
For example "On the sidewalk, I found a gift card for the same store that I was already walking to. Its balance was the same amount as the final cost of what I initially intended to buy. Life supports me in every moment."
Because things start connecting in a way which your separate mind couldn't have known otherwise. Like I thought of a person another day, and boom, I see him walking in the distance. And I usually don't think about him in years.
Numbers can be another example of synchronicity unfolding.
You can explore this more, because there really isn't anything to lose. And maybe you are right. Maybe this is all unreal. But it sure helps to use it.
As for "separation". It is a solid, solid FACT the self is an illusion. This is obvious in neuroscience. We don't wan't to lose the self, otherwise how would we function? Just drop the identification because it isn't ultimately real.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 03:50 AM
link   

As for "separation". It is a solid, solid FACT the self is an illusion. This is obvious in neuroscience. We don't wan't to lose the self, otherwise how would we function? Just drop the identification because it isn't ultimately real.

I don't follow you there, you might need to help me understand?

Neuroscience has proven that we don't actually have a material, individual body?

I'm obviously misunderstanding.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 05:33 AM
link   

By self I mean a different thing here. Neuroscience doesn't explain that we aren't our bodies or metaphysical ideas about that. But it shows us that our sense of selves is an illusion. For example, you have the sense that "You" make choices right? But you really don't. You, is comprised of many micro-processes. There is no one separate calling the shots.
Like there is an experiment with a women. Her brain is covered with scanners. And she was told to make a descision. She could have sworn the descisions were made by "her", but they were really made by subconscious processes of the brain. You see how the sense of "me" can be false.
But it doesn't say anything about having an immaterial body, that's a whole different area.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Andy1144

Ah, okay.... you mean a sort of idea of the soul, or the individual will.

My particular view on that is .... different.

I totally embrace the notion that our choices are made before we are aware of making them.
Though I do not believe we have no free will. I suspect we have freewill in terms of how we choose to perceive ourselves and the world. In how we judge what just happened. This has no effect upon the event itself.

But
It seems to me that impacts what shall arise later.

That brain activity happening before we "make" a choice, is the brain pulling on already created pathways- which were created by our will.

I guess this is referring to the beliefs and ideas and conceptions that we form, that then sink into the sub or unconscious.
They become our "programming" that is then out of our direct control in the moment. Todays reflexes formed by yesterdays thoughts.

It gives way to the impression we have no freewill at all, because it is delayed. Time and space cause this sluggishness here.

But anyway, I never have seen much use in rejecting a concept of self as long as there is a physical body manifesting here and now. If nothing else, the self is a distinctive body with boundaries and characteristics that separate it from other self-bodies.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 08:42 AM
link   
There is the big bang then there is you both are in fact one and the same.

In the big bang there is no duality, and in you there is no duality.

In the big bang we may percieve the part of it that is you and say look there you are so there must be duality even in unity.

In you we may see the big bang and say look there is duality in the big bang.

In quantum mechanics we had a double slit expiriment to see where things are and we found out they are actually everywhere until we percieved them in one place. So yeah your in one place when your not everywhere else, but your still everywhere else too lolz!

Or your only here when your percieved to be here.

Here is a little science on the double slit expiriment and superposition I hope it helps:

edit on 5-11-2015 by FormOfTheLord because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Well, I dont think I mentioned a sould or individual will. That sounds like spooky mystisizm. Let me just reconcile my views in a logcial way.

Getting rid of identification with self doesn't mean we deny having a body, it means seeing through the illusion that we are making choices. This has major implications in our lives. I ackowledge there is a body, but I know there is no one separate controlling it.

But the thing about free will is, one can end all speculation of it and just look into direct experience. Can you know or control what your next thought will be?
JLets try an experiment.
Just pick a city. Any city at all. This is as free as a choice your going to get, so if there is no free will here, there is no free will anywhere.
And when the answer arises in your head. Did you really know you would choose that city before your brain thought about it?

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 09:01 AM
link   
I try to separate myself from my personal reality and find there really is no reality, not through suicide as many do and have done.

There is no reality.

We are all conditioned to see things the same way within certain parameters to make us easier to manage.

Reality is what remains after one stops believing in everything else.

Seems more like a game.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Well, I dont think I mentioned a sould or individual will. That sounds like spooky mystisizm. . I ackowledge there is a body, but I know there is no one separate controlling it.

Okay, that is what I meant by "soul" or "individual will" - someone controlling the body.

But the thing about free will is, one can end all speculation of it and just look into direct experience. Can you know or control what your next thought will be?

That doesn't end all speculation when it comes to what I wrote above.

I watched a documentary once, in which a woman scheduled for brain surgery had electrodes stuck in different parts of her brain (taking advantage of her skull being open). They were touching parts of the brain which controlled certain reflexes.

While someone chatted casually with her, someone else was stimulating different parts of her brain.
At one point, the area which causes laughter was poked and she suddenly laughed. (thought there was no evident reason, nothing had happened, no humor expressed by anyone).

She was asked- Why did you laugh?

And she looked pensive for one second, you could tell that very quickly, she was reviewing what just happened, and trying to pull together a conclusion about it. There! that was the will at work!

She said that she was laughing at a spoon on the table in front of her. Because she determined that is what her eyes had seen just as she laughed. She said spoons are just funny things! And laughed again.

What is funny is that they checked on her months afterwards, and she was still laughing every time she saw a spoon, and claiming they are just really funny things!

If she had seen a calendar, a fish, or anything else at that moment when the laugh happened, and she decided that was the "cause" they would have continued to be a "cause" for that "effect".

I am betting, if no one had asked her why she laughed, she might not have fixed that program into future behavior.
But that was not covered in the study, I only have remarked that in my own observations.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 09:12 AM
link   

90% of our brains are tasked with running our bodies on auto pilot to allow us to stumble around stupidly as we do and still bump into one another all the time.

If you really think about it, there is no thing as absolute free will, only lesser forms of selfishness, no selflessness as religion tries to make people believe there is.

The closest thing to free will is suicide, the closest thing to selflessness is death and offering up of the physical body to the elements and creatures which take it back into the only reality there truly is.

I have explained this to people before in ways they could relate to, only to have them go try to kill themselves shortly thereafter.

No one is truly here if they will eventually be gone, if one thinks of it as we have been conditioned to think of it they fail to see that because of some death cult or other making them think they are entitled somehow or other, for some reason, to life after death, paradise and heaven and all sorts of other silly storybook tales and beliefs. This is selfishness and fear of the unknown and little more.

People overthink things way too much out of selfishness and greed without ever even realizing it.

People are the absolute stupidest members of the animal kingdom.
edit on 5-11-2015 by MyHappyDogShiner because: blablablablablablabla

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 09:25 AM
link   

So you're saying there might be some degree of free will? What further speculation were you referring to?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join