It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The hate fest continues...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 08:03 PM
link   
To me ATS seems to be splitting into two distinct groups.

We have a right wing conservative group and on the other side we have a much more progressive group and the two groups are clashing on just about everything. I do not know when it happened, i think it was a gradual thing but ATS is not a conspiracy forum any more rather it is more of a political forum.

I personally think that the Mods need to make some serious changes around here.

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 08:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

We have a right wing conservative group and on the other side we have a much more progressive group and the two groups are clashing on just about everything. I do not know when it happened, i think it was a gradual thing but ATS is not a conspiracy forum any more rather it is more of a political forum.

I think you may have just hit the nail on the head.....

Thx for your reply

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 08:24 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Surely we are able enough to talk about these things without resorting to banging on about nukeing them all as a solution

Yes. Those types of comments are horrendous. I tend to always think people really don't mean it.

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 08:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Thx for your reply

ATS, regardless of their intentions, is similar to any other social media site in that the seek to earn a profit.

ATS will give the people what they want... even if, at the moment, it has more to do with battles than dissecting government cover-ups and evaluating conspiracies.

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 11:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: eluryh22

Thx for your reply

ATS, regardless of their intentions, is similar to any other social media site in that the seek to earn a profit.

ATS will give the people what they want... even if, at the moment, it has more to do with battles than dissecting government cover-ups and evaluating conspiracies.

Ats is a great site,it is just a shame to see so much hating and it has only been in recent months (that i have become aware of that is ) it is becoming a frequent sight....

If i wanted to read hateful one sided bigoted accounts of stuff i would go to sites embrace the behavior....you are right in essence the business side of the site needs to keep moving forward....i am not so sure allowing the hate to creep into the boards as common place is beneficial in the long run.....

Thats why i put this as a rant ,its simply how i feel and everyone will have their own views on the subject...

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 01:33 AM
link   

ATS has always had hateful posters.

They just change the subject to suit their needs. The only time that it wasn't was the first two years that ATS was created.

Good times.

edit on 4-11-2015 by TheLotLizard because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 02:04 AM
link   

The simple fact of the matter is that people SHOULD be angry. But they should ONLY be angry with their governments, and some of us should be angry with our governments, not only for the way they are handling the refugee issue, but also for having helped cause the scenario which lead to the circumstances which lead the masses of displaced and homeless individuals in question, to find themselves in such an untenable position.

Expressing anger toward people who have, by and large, come from unthinkably damaged places, to try and find some peace, is like standing in a hospital doorway, shanking trauma victims in the kidneys as they get wheeled in on a gurney. It is simply not good form.

Victim blaming will avail us of nothing good, that much is certain.

You want less refugees at our borders? Stop supporting governments who use airstrikes rather than more precise, less collateral heavy methods. You want less immigration? Promote the freedom of nations in the Middle East to improve their lot without getting periodically blown all to crap in illegal wars. You want less displaced individuals traveling thousands of miles through multiple nations to arrive at your border? Force your government by weight of public opinion, to come up with and/or contribute to efforts to silently, cleanly, and invisibly wipe out ISIS, with the only tools that will work, those being up close and personal, silenced weapons in the darkness, cold steel in the ribs, and no one the wiser, one unit at a time.

What no one in the west has a right to do, is bitterly complain when people whose lives have been ruined by the knock on effects of OUR foreign policy decisions over the last twenty years, finally arrive at our door asking for help. If the bonfire I set this Guy Fawkes night ends up burning my neighbours house down, you can bet they will be sleeping at my place if they survive the inferno. Same applies here I am afraid, and anyone who says different must have a strange idea of what their responsibilities are, and what the underlying causes of displacement are.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 02:47 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Well said and thankyou for your input...

As much as i agree with aiming the hate toward government that might come back to bite us in the ass....did you happen to catch the thread on the secret prisons in the U.S ?

The government is supposed to work for the people and clearly does not how exactly can we change that without being flagged as a domestic terrorist ?

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Total exaggeration from you OP. It is like you are saying the moderators are not doing their job. I disagree with you. I think they ARE doing their job very well.

All too often this "hate" accusation is used as a tool in an attempt to shame anyone who does not agree with your point of view. It is mighty childish. Personally, I do not use this tactic as I am too mature in my intelligence to stoop to this ridiculousness.

I WANT to know what people are thinking, warts and all. The mainstream politics and media are so dictatorial these days that people are only getting a say on a ballot slip once every four or five years.

People have GENUINE concerns about migration. So they should. It has the potential to seriously disturb our societies. Just because you don't agree with them gives you no right to call them hateful. It is not hate. It is concern.

Stop being such a baby. There is enough nursery behaviour as it is. Let adults be adults. Let them say what is on their minds.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 02:51 AM
link   

I agree 100% of the first point.

As to your belief that ATS is no longer a conspiracy site I would have to disagree.

Yes it is becoming more political and as far as discussing the eroberous nature of the left vs right situation you are correct.

If however you take discussions like this and factor in the fact that these situations are bieng generated intentionally and fueled by the mainstream media to generate a specific outcome then I beleive that it is certainly a conspiracy.

I would go as far as to say that it is one of the most worthy conspiracies in need of discussion if we are to evolve beyond our current level of understanding.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 02:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Revolution9

Total exaggeration from you OP. It is like you are saying the moderators are not doing their job. I disagree with you. I think they ARE doing their job very well.

All too often this "hate" accusation is used as a tool in an attempt to shame anyone who does not agree with your point of view. It is mighty childish. Personally, I do not use this tactic as I am too mature in my intelligence to stoop to this ridiculousness.

I WANT to know what people are thinking, warts and all. The mainstream politics and media are so dictatorial these days that people are only getting a say on a ballot slip once every four or five years.

People have GENUINE concerns about migration. So they should. It has the potential to seriously disturb our societies. Just because you don't agree with them gives you no right to call them hateful. It is not hate. It is concern.

Stop being such a baby. There is enough nursery behaviour as it is. Let adults be adults. Let them say what is on their minds.

I do not think it is an exageratation on behalf of the OP.

I personally think that there is a fine line between freedom of speech and propergating racial hatred, violence and xenophobia.

I think we need to all take a step back and ask ourselves why this situation is being created if we are to fully understand the bigger picture.

Jumping on the media manipulated band wagon and screaming for action is exactly what you are expcted to do if you are an expendable pawn.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 03:02 AM
link   

I do not. The mods are doing just fine. I do not see any evidence of this hate, just the concerns of members. I think it is a model that your own mind is creating. I am in neither of your camps. Stop pretending just because ATS is not all about your sensibilities and behaving the way YOU want it to behave. The people that are using this "hate" tactic are the most authoritarian of all. It is bloody ridiculous.

Remember, most members live in bi polar political states with a right and a left. They are bound to be psychologically influenced by this. It does show and always has showed on ATS and any other forum. Also, it is bound to get like this; it is election time in the U.S. It will not be so prevalent after the election. So stop being so "knee jerk" in your reaction.
edit on 4-11-2015 by Revolution9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 03:08 AM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

Well that is pretty hateful, saying your fellow is just an "expendable pawn" because they feel a certain way. You are just trying to shut people up, just as much as the system does, because they do not see things your way. You can not MAKE people conform to your standards of behaviour.

If I want to love something I will love it. If I want to HATE it I will hate it. It is up to me. It is my FREEDOM. Who are you or ANYONE else to say what I am allowed to love or hate? Are you God? No you are not. You are just another "expendable pawn" like me, though who is trying to shut people up because you do not like what they are saying and do not agree with it. That is why we have debate, so we all have a voice. You just want to take your opposition's voice away; low tactic.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 03:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Revolution9

That is your opinion and you are entitled to ...i do not agree ,i am simply voicing my concern......if you want to attack me and call me names go for it,if that makes you feel good all the more power to ya

So when someone calls for the extermination by" nuking them all " if that is what you consider voicing concern then i cant really help you there

With that i will thank you for your input and wish you well bye now

edit on 4-11-2015 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 03:33 AM
link   

That is your opinion and you are entitled to ...i do not agree ,i am simply voicing my concern......if you want to attack me and call me names go for it,if that makes you feel good all the more power to ya

So when someone calls for the extermination by" nuking them all " if that is what you consider voicing concern then i cant really help you there

With that i will thank you for your input and wish you well bye now

You are using the same kind of tactics right here accusing me falsely of calling you names when I am just using adjectives. You are making something up about me in an attempt to make me look bad, just because you don't like it that I have disagreed with you. Lol, you might as well have gone the whole hog and called me a...a...a...HATERRRRRRR!

Your Honour, I rest my case!

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Whatever...dude you are just looking for an argument ....you have made your point....

edit on 4-11-2015 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 03:45 AM
link   
If these extraordinarily powerful images of a dead Syrian child washed up on a beach don't change Europe's attitude to refugees, what will?

So all of the news media run with this story and there is a public outcry that the European governments should allow more refugees into their countries. And so when the governments comply with this and the numbers of refugees crossing the borders increase, because it is a short window of opportunity for them, the public criticise the government for doing what was expected of them. The government panic and set up to close and reinforce their borders as the refugees continue to flow, of which some groups understandably react very negatively to this decision of being shut out.

Now I know the governments did not expect the refugees to form a orderly cue but they have made the mistake of resorting to bragging rights on how many refugees they will be letting in and pointing the finger at other countries who seem to be letting too few in.

As for ISIL moving in our midst into Europe you can be sure all the Intelligence and Espionage agencies are highly focused on this.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 03:57 AM
link   
I agree. I get the feeling the modern ATS is not approaching this topic in the way the old ATS would have done. Not a lot of objective/unbiased posts around on the topic. The threads that are made are sensationalist and crass.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 04:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: and14263
I agree. I get the feeling the modern ATS is not approaching this topic in the way the old ATS would have done. Not a lot of objective/unbiased posts around on the topic. The threads that are made are sensationalist and crass.

This is what i am getting at....i used to refer people to this site all the time,i know find myself reluctant to with the direction the content is moving at this point....it may just be a passing phase who knows ....

Thx for you input ...

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 04:17 AM
link   
I don't know where you live but surmise from what you have said about family members that you don't live in Europe. I think it is very easy to sit back and take the moral high ground when something doesn't affect you. I bet if this was happening in your Country you would see it in a completely different light. I am in the UK so really I could just sit back and think let Europe get on with it. However, I am not naïve enough to think that at some point it won't start to affect the UK as more and more people are congregating at Calais. The numbers have doubled in past few months. Also in the UK we are told daily that yet enough terrorist attack has been foiled. There is the real concern of not IF but WHEN something is going to happen here.

Other Countries should be concerned as well because eventually it might well involve them. If civil war erupted in Europe and UK do you think countries like America, Canada etc would be able to just sit back and watch. Of course they wouldn't as they are our main allies. So it would be sons, daughters, husbands, wives of people in those Countries who would have to come and help. So everyone should be concerned in my opinion.

I understand though how it is easy to just sit back and watch. When 9/11 happened I, like most people, was shocked, horrified and upset but not in the same way as Americans themselves because my Country wasn't directly affected. I heard lots of Americans on TV at that time saying "lets kill them", "lets bomb them". I didn't think they were being haters I understood where their anger and passion was coming from. I don't think anyone on here is being a hater they are more worried and concerned at their leaders lack of leadership and inability to deal with the thousands of people coming in unvetted. Someone had left a comment on another forum yesterday and I thought it explained it really well. She said she was a therapist and was looking at it from that angle. For a person to feel safe and secure they have their own personal boundaries which they don't want people to encroach on. If they give too much of themselves to try and help other people eventually those boundaries become blurred and they lose their sense of identity. She thought that was a good anaology to how people in Europe are now feeling. They are losing their identities and their boundaries are disappearing therefore they feel insecure and unsafe that is completely different than hatred! reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join