It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The hate fest continues...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 06:33 PM
link   
I don't know about the rest of you but i am getting really over the hate that has been spewing on ATS lately,with the influx of refugees throughout Europe here on this site we are witnessing people devolving down to the perceived level of those that they are hating on....

I will not post any examples as i am sure we have all seen them and i do not really want to point the finger at a specific individual that is not the purpose of this thread,i simply want to voice my disgust at some of the rhetoric that has been spewing on this site lately,it really lowers the appeal of the site and i bet new potential members will read some of the diatribe and leave with an impression of ATS being some sort of right winged hate site.....

Yes i realize there is a growing problem in Europe and has the potential for real disaster,i am a firm believer in assimilation to the country you are moving to,i have done it several times myself i have been lucky enough to live in many different parts of the world...

My sister lives in the U.K,the bro is in Switzerland and my mother in the south of France,so i do have good reason to be worried....

That is it really i will finish by saying hating only causes more hate and hate is not a solution to problems....thx for reading

+7 more 
posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

I could be wrong, but I believe the "hate" is a manifestation of people feeling as though their "leaders" are absolutely ignoring them combined with the perception (real or not) that the migrants (which were recently called refugees to gain sympathy) are taking advantage of them.

Take that, combined with people being called racists for even expressing concern... and there you go.

Again, I could be wrong, but I believe most people want to help those in need, but not when it costs the wellbeing of their families and communities. Case in point, the German town of a hundred or so people that are taking in 750 migrants despite the citizens being against it. Can you really blame them for being upset (even hateful) that practically overnight they are minorities in their own town?

+8 more 
posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Let's superfluously use the word "hate" to describe anything, said by anyone, that you don't like so as to present your opposition as having a lowly character.

I'm sure no one will notice.

You can't have a "free" exchange of ideas if you try to shame anyone who passionately disagrees with you, or who says something that offends your cultural sensibilities.

There's some pretty crazy s# going down in Europe, and I highly doubt anything will be solved by worrying about people's feelings.

No one cares about hate speech (although most of what I've seen on ATS isn't even close) when your country is being invaded.

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 07:17 PM
link   
People get angry when there way of life is threatened. It doesn't help when you have ineffective leaders that ignore the will of the people they supposedly represent. I think you are trivializing the concerns of these people that are being threatened by people that have no interest integrating into their society.

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: eluryh22

Can you really blame them for being upset (even hateful) that practically overnight they are minorities in their own town?

No not at all,if i were there dealing with it i am sure i would resentful too....

My rant is more aimed at members who are spewing their hate,the ones that are not on the ground acvtaully experiencing what is happening,some people are simply regurgitation drivel that they read on sites like jihadi watch,they have no clue what is going on other than a few little tidbits....

As far as the rest of your reply go .....you may be right,it could be a leadership issue,it could be many thing all the way right back to education.....

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 07:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

i am a firm believer in assimilation to the country you are moving to,i have done it several times myself i have been lucky enough to live in many different parts of the world...

I guess this would be where people would see a problem -
You could certainly argue that among the genuine refugees, there is a significant portion who have absolutely no intention of assimilating into the population of their host countries.

With that said, there are ways of having that conversation without devolving into a bunch of rabid wolves, and we don't seem to have perfected that particular skill yet...

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 07:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
People get angry when there way of life is threatened. It doesn't help when you have ineffective leaders that ignore the will of the people they supposedly represent. I think you are trivializing the concerns of these people that are being threatened by people that have no interest integrating into their society.

Are there any vocal members on this site that are experiencing first hand the repercussions of the refugees ?...it is not intention trivialize the plight of these people,I am not saying there is not a problem as there clearly is,these refugees going through will be a disaster and have my suspicions this is all planned but that is another thread....

Just for the record i am a firm believer of integration or assimilation,if you want to move to another country adopt its values and traditions or leave.....anyhow thx for your reply

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 07:25 PM
link   
When people are scared they get mean.

People are scared.

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: NthOther

You can't have a "free" exchange of ideas if you try to shame anyone who passionately disagrees with you, or who says something that offends your cultural sensibilities.

Are you telling me it is not possible to have a conversation without letting emotion take control ?

I take it then you are condoning the hate speech and and agree with it ?

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 07:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Awen24

With that said, there are ways of having that conversation without devolving into a bunch of rabid wolves, and we don't seem to have perfected that particular skill yet...

Exactly....thx for your reply

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Your thread premise is wrong. These aren't refugees, these are invaders to break down the West borders. You have to ask yourself why aren't muslim invaders fleeing to Saudi Arabia? It's not hate that people are expressing on this board it's frustration with these idiotic governments that are ruining our countries. The hate is coming though, and it will blood bath until one side is annihilated.

+3 more 
posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Nothing is more hateful than foreign gangs raping women to the point that gun sales (to women) have gone through the roof because their government representatives are more concerned with political correctness than reality.

Nothing is more hateful than foreigners completely disrespecting long held customs and traditions of the country they happen to be in because that countries long held customs and traditions are not in keeping with those foreigners lack of education, disregard of respect towards other humans having different opinions on life as well as a clear indoctrination by the leaders of the country they have "fled" that those who do not share the indoctrination philosophy deserve no respect.

What we are seeing and reading here on ATS as well as the wider community is the natural backlash of spineless leaders too politically frightened to call it as they see it, too politically frightened to protect their citizens from physical harm and too politically frightened to protect citizens from the coming economic collapse.

If it looks like a duck, acts like a duck, quacks like a duck - it's a duck.

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Are you telling me it is not possible to have a conversation without letting emotion take control ?

I think you may have essentially proved his point. He said nothing hateful but he disagrees with you and you are basically labeling him a hate-monger.

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 07:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll
When people are scared they get mean.

People are scared.

That's it. Right there. I think it a natural reaction if someone's way of life is perceived to be in jeopardy.

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 07:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: eluryh22

I think you may have essentially proved his point. He said nothing hateful but he disagrees with you and you are basically labeling him a hate-monger.

Actually i asked him a question .....

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 07:41 PM
link   

I'm saying that most of it isn't hate speech at all, but is being purposely characterized as such to advance a sociopolitical agenda.

It's "non-sequiturial" (I made it up), like saying if one is vehemently opposed to Zionism it naturally follows that they hate Jews and deny the Holocaust.

People are pissed off. Their countries are being ripped out from under them by the dubious actions of their own governments (surprise, surprise). I am all for them taking their countries back by any means necessary.

Does this mean they "hate" Muslims and that I personally condone such hatred?

Non-sequiturial, I says.
edit on 11/3/15 by NthOther because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 07:42 PM
link   

edit on 3-11-2015 by nonjudgementalist because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: eluryh22

Actually i asked him a question .....

edit on 3-11-2015 by eluryh22 because: Reply removed because NthOther responded for himself

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 07:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft
Nothing is more hateful than foreign gangs raping women to the point that gun sales (to women) have gone through the roof because their government representatives are more concerned with political correctness than reality.

Nothing is more hateful than foreigners completely disrespecting long held customs and traditions of the country they happen to be in because that countries long held customs and traditions are not in keeping with those foreigners lack of education, disregard of respect towards other humans having different opinions on life as well as a clear indoctrination by the leaders of the country they have "fled" that those who do not share the indoctrination philosophy deserve no respect.

What we are seeing and reading here on ATS as well as the wider community is the natural backlash of spineless leaders too politically frightened to call it as they see it, too politically frightened to protect their citizens from physical harm and too politically frightened to protect citizens from the coming economic collapse.

If it looks like a duck, acts like a duck, quacks like a duck - it's a duck.

You are most likely correct....it is an appalling situation and the repercussions of what is happening will be felt for many years to come...

You are not the first to mention poor leadership as an issue....it is clearly time for those in power to be removed and or step up their game

Surely we are able enough to talk about these things without resorting to banging on about nukeing them all as a solution

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Thankyou for clarification i couldn't work out what you were getting at...and i can most certainly agree with you there.....

Thx for you reply ...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join