It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Innocent Until Proven Muslim' conference in Australia

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

No, you miss the point - they can just not come here to begin with if they are not willing to enjoy our freedoms and assimilate 100% into our culture

Your disgusted feelings aside, It's really that simple - my house - my rules.

Whose house was it first, digger?

I don't think you're living by Aborigine rules there mate.

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: ChaoticOrder

It's not a matter of belief, it's simply what I have observed, especially in the last few years. I'm not saying all Australians or even most are like that, I just said a fraction are like that, which is clearly true

Fair to say though there is a fraction of any race or culture that are racist bigots....

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

I believe what she wrote. It's true- I hear it all the time- 'towel heads' 'nuke the lot of 'em'. CO is spot on- a lot of Australians think every Muslim is a terrorist.

On topic- forced assimilation? As others have pointed out- they shouldn't have to be forced, they should want to. And they don't want to. They want us to adapt to them.

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Very sad.

This does not end well for the natives.

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick
Very sad.
This does not end well for the natives.

I am afraid it is not going to end well for any of us. This whole business is fraught with madness.

Why would you apply to live in a country where you feel:

"We live in an era of mass hysteria ... Muslims are under siege and Muslim children in particular are under siege."
and where you argument is:

They were told Muslim children should not be forced to sing the Australian anthem and that "deradicalisation" was an agenda of forced assimilation.

When you have no intention of being a part of the country you want to take you in. When you feel nothing but disdain for your host country and its people, and feel no loyalty to your host country. When you demand that you and your children don't have to follow any of the rules, laws, or common ways, of the people that live in the country you demand entrance to.

Muslim children should not be forced to sing national anthem, says Hizb ut-Tahrir

"If you have nothing to hide, you have nothing to hide! Why the need to meet with an agency that treats the entire community as possessors of knowledge of criminal activities or similar?" it states. "Even if the spooks turn up on your door step (again, not an uncommon occurrence), politely decline their request to talk and insist on your legal right not to."

To add insult to injury, they then turn around and use those laws that they say don't apply to them and they don't have to follow, as weapons to be used on the people of their host country and to blackmail their host country.

Have all the friggin patients been released from the insane asylum? All commonsense has left the planet and madness must be a contaminate in the air and water.

We are all contaminated and it doesn't end well for any of us.

edit on 2-11-2015 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: Format fix.

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: lifecitizen

I actually have never met an Aussie who thinks like that,and your observation is somewhat flawed... that may be what you believe but for all i know you believe reptilians run the world....And as far as CO goes he/she mentioned a fraction of Aussies which i agree with .....

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 07:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: aorAki

No, you miss the point - they can just not come here to begin with if they are not willing to enjoy our freedoms and assimilate 100% into our culture

Its not been an Aboriginal country for hundreds of years, get over it. As mentioned previously, this tedious approach to a discussion adds nothing, it is a weak stand point which takes nothing else in the world into consideration. Many countries as they stand today under the laws they have are not those of the first inhabitants, so Civilisation expands, you cannot wind back the clock with half assed arguament like that. Get over it.

Austrlaia, as it is today, is a multicultural society, this is the pledge I made when I emigrated:

From this time forward, [under god - optional]
I pledge my loyalty to Australia and its people,
whose democratic beliefs I share,
whose rights and liberties I respect, and
whose laws I will uphold and obey.

It pretty simple really but still some people come here cant even follow a simple pledge, worse, they have no intention of following when they set out here.

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Forensick

Austrlaia, as it is today, is a multicultural society, this is the pledge I made when I emigrated:

It pretty simple really but still some people come here cant even follow a simple pledge, worse, they have no intention of following when they set out here.

It really is as simple as that......if we emigrated to a muslim country like Saudi Arabia and did not assimilate and carried on we would likely be killed,all these muslims have to worry about here is some of them are being investigated for suspected terrorism and the fact is they are posting stuff up on facebook and alike and getting themselves red flagged....i dont feel sorry for them at all ...how some people manage to jump from that to racism is mind bending

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 08:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Forensick
Many countries as they stand today under the laws they have are not those of the first inhabitants, so Civilisation expands, you cannot wind back the clock with half assed arguament (sic) like that. Get over it.

Austrlaia (sic), as it is today, is a multicultural society, this is the pledge I made when I emigrated:

So the laws of countries change over time, and thus pledges may change over time as well.
In fact, the rights and liberties of aussies are changing all the time, as are their laws and democratic beliefs.

It really is a hollow pledge, at the best of times.

"Get over it".

Is that the best you have? I guess, with that attitude, you really are living in the most-appropriate place.
edit on 2-11-2015 by aorAki because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 01:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

I know many many people who are just waiting for the right moment ( Muslims act up or next terrorist act ) here and they will move swiftly to show them how we don't tolerate their garbage.

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 02:47 AM
link   
a reply to: aorAki

Indigenous Australians are members of groups that existed in Australia and the surrounding islands prior to European colonisation. The term is therefore somewhat broad in scope, including such ethnically diverse groups as Tiwi people, Noongar people, and Torres Strait Islanders, and does not generally imply a close relationship or common origin of all included groups.
(Source)

Do you have 100% definitive evidence that "Aboriginals" were in fact the first inhabitants of the landmass now known as Australia? Or do we just use this term to refer to people that we recognise as first inhabiting the land according to recorded history?

I recommend you think deeply about that point before continuing to sprout your white guilt nonsense onto other members.

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 02:52 AM
link   

May i ask where you live ? And have you adopted the native lifestyle of the country that you live in...?...and by that i mean what history teaches us that were the first inhabitants or natives if you like. ?

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 03:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: aorAki

Ask the muslims to live by and/or tolerate aboriginal/native law and traditions in any country they adopt to settle in.

I'd like to see that.

Regards,

Bally
edit on 3-11-2015 by bally001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 03:15 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

I don't believe in Reptilian Overlords.

I live in an area with high unemployment, crime, and rednecks.

I see and hear racism all the time. I hear people calling Muslims names and saying lets just blow them up and the like.

How is my observation flawed? I know what I see and hear.

My town even made the national news this year- a Muslim lady was abused whilst she was getting fuel at a servo, yelled at, spat on and told to 'go home'. Don't tell me that didn't happen.

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 03:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dark Ghost

A conference organised by the hardline Islamic group Hizb ut-Tahrir is underway for Muslim groups to discuss what they say has been unjustified Government intervention within their community to deal with terrorism.

The conference, part of a campaign entitled Innocent Until Proven Muslim, is underway in Bankstown in south-west Sydney.

The group's media spokesman Uthman Badar told the conference the Muslim community has been what he described as violated in a bid to deal with the threat of terrorism.

Mr Badar said the level of hysteria and intimidation towards the Australian Muslim community has reached new levels with women and children now being targeted.

He said attempts at de-radicalisation are nothing more than an agenda of forced assimilation justified by exaggerated fears of a security threat.
(Link)

Another article relating to the topic at hand:
Muslim children should not be forced to sing national anthem, says Hizb ut-Tahrir

I don't think those organising this conference have thoroughly thought things through. I am all for ending violence, harassment and prejudice against everyday Muslims living in Australia, and ensuring they can live and function in a safe and pleasant environment, but I struggle to agree that "forced assimilation" should be seen as a bad thing. Everyone else is expected to assimilate when they emigrate into another country, why should Australian Muslims be exempt?

Nobody is asking everyday Muslims to fully let go of their cultural/religious heritage and fully immerse themselves in Australian culture. What is expected of them is to obey Australian laws and uphold Australian values and adhere to social norms to the best of their ability. Nothing short of that expectation would be accepted from Australians immigrating into other countries.

Here we go, here we go, the overseas diseaise imported into Australia by The Powers That Should Not Be to start destroying the country from the inside like many others. According to the last US Census whites will be in the minority by 2042, Sweeden within 20 years and so on.

I once watched a doco on subversion by a Russian bloke. The main point I remember him making is that subversion is like wrestling. You use the opponets wheight to throw them in the direction you want him to go.

Applied to subverion, this means that you encourage, or try to make happen, any trend that is occuring that will support or contribute to any subversive objective.

Ive heard politicans claim we have an obligation to take citzenship demaders in because we signed some international treaty to say we would. This causes me to suspect that this treaty was signed to give the govts the excuse to import the citzenship demanders into Australia.

Dont worry about what Abbott did, that was just to prove that doing what he did wont work and so we will then fly the citzenship demanders direct from Africa into Australia and let them all walk out of the airport as is being advocated by the greens.

Did you know that most white countries will be muslim in just one or two decades due the relative birth rates of the two populations? The difference in the numbers now is not important, its the relative birth rates that counts.

"Muslim Demographics" - YT.

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 03:56 AM
link   
a reply to: lifecitizen

Fair enough...may i suggest thinking about broadening your horizons /...

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 04:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Azureblue

Just to add to TPTB conspiratorial angles..

Albert Pike and Three World Wars

Who was Albert Pike

It does make me wonder how much is by design.

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dark Ghost

I recommend you think deeply about that point before continuing to sprout your white guilt nonsense onto other members.

I haven't spouted 'white-guilt' nonsense. I've only called out people who say that immigrants should adapt to the ways of their new countries, which in the case of Australia is laughable, given their despicable historical and ongoing treatment of their 'first nation' peoples.

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

May i ask where you live ? And have you adopted the native lifestyle of the country that you live in...?...and by that i mean what history teaches us that were the first inhabitants or natives if you like. ?

I live in Aotearoa New Zealand. This thread isn't about Aotearoa New Zealand, it's about immigrants and refugees settling in Australia and the knee-jerk reaction of the xenophobic Australian rednecks who don't see the irony of the "our house our rules" mentality. But sure, feel free to start a thread on Aotearoa New Zealand's race relations. I'll be there.

Nobody should be forced to sing the national anthem. I don't sing ours, I don't stand in front of a piece of cloth and pledge allegiance. Nor do many others. Heck, even the great Sonny Bill Williams doesn't sing the national anthem (he's a Muslim) and he doesn't get lambasted or pilloried apart from the few in the vocal minority. I sense this is what is occurring in Australia as well. Intolerance, media-fueled distrust (as in the carefully-worded SMH article in the OP) and deep-seated bigotry.
edit on 3-11-2015 by aorAki because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Just like how all of those Europeans assimilated to Aboriginal Australian culture.

I'm sure your 'many Muslims friends' think you're just a peach, throwing around the threat of race riots to keep them in line.

Australia's global reputation for drunken racist behaviour is well earned.

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 02:36 PM
link   

I live in Aotearoa New Zealand. This thread isn't about Aotearoa New Zealand, it's about immigrants and refugees settling in Australia and the knee-jerk reaction of the xenophobic Australian rednecks who don't see the irony of the "our house our rules" mentality. But sure, feel free to start a thread on Aotearoa New Zealand's race relations. I'll be there.

I understand your point, the problem is that the rules they are speaking of, are the rules that were put in place by an invading Country that came onto the land and conquered. By the rules of the conqueror, To the victor goes the spoils", the victor gets to tell His-story, and they get to make the all the rules.

It became a "new" Country. A new land, with the new people as the proper inhabitants. It has happened throughout history and continues to happen. The aboriginals suffered the same fate as the Native American, some will even include the Palestinians and maybe now even the Syrians. So new country, new rules.

This is exactly what the people fear from the mass waves of asylum seekers. Not that they come to join them, but they come to invade and conquer, as if has been done so any times before.

edit on 3-11-2015 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: Accidentally posted before completing.

edit on 3-11-2015 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: Format fix.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join