It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's time to wake up!

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Andy1144

next post please : )
I don't now what to ask, there is nothing missing...

Maybe about how do you feel what are feelings to you just a matter of flow?

Just to be clear, self inquiry is a method which I worked with already a lot during meditations so this is not new for me. But please do write more, you are doing something great for me now haha and thank you!
edit on 14471121801136November3611363015 by UniFinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: UniFinity

"There is nothing missing"
I understand your maybe not sure what to ask, but I have to bring the surface issues up here. You wan't to realize truth right? My questions were how do you think you can accomplish this. Simple question.

I don't exactly what you mean by matter of flow. It's obvious everything is flowing, but that isn't necessary if you wan't to know truth.
So main question is, do you want to realize truth as soon as possible? Are you willing to make that your main priority, or atleast a very dedicated one? If not then why not? Again simple questions, but what most people do is shy away from the root issues. Some are just too subconscious in their beliefs to accept all this crap.

I have the free time to write, but your short replies may hint that you haven't delved into this seriously, meaning your not 100% open to new beliefs yet.
edit on 9-11-2015 by Andy1144 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 05:40 PM
link   
My other question was. What is self-inquiry to you? How do you do it and what is it meant to bring? What does self inquiry mean? I need to know what you think this is if we are to relate to it in an equal way.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 05:46 PM
link   

yes!!

"You wan't to realize truth right? My questions were how do you think you can accomplish this. Simple question. "

absolute confidence into that which is?

confidence?

what is that?

faith?

what is faith?

just concepts...how to get past that?

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 05:48 PM
link   

it means for me. Just asking the question and see what arises, and when this something I kill it with another self-inquiry...afkors in the context of thought or feelings during meditation hahaha
edit on 14471130271150November5011503015 by UniFinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 05:51 PM
link   

another thought...

how to get past what exacly? why I am doing this to myself???

hehe

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 05:51 PM
link   

So self inquiry is used to kill beliefs? How do you mean this? Kill the belief with what?

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 05:53 PM
link   

absolute stillness!

but also just another concept, but is this that?

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 05:55 PM
link   

I answered myself, but it is also true for your question...

absolute stillness!

is this that?

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Absolute stillness. That word sounds too glorious. Much like the common used words. Love and light or whatever. They may sound beautiful. but they are just bulky concepts. Burn that crap up, you don't need it.

The answer is direct experience. Direct experience is experiencing this moment without drawing assumptions.

So you don't need anything in a sense. It all concepts, all BS. DE is what is needed. Direct experience is the only thing happening in this moment which isnt a belief.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 05:59 PM
link   

well yes, they are just words...but the meaning is the same in our case, I think.

But this direct experience...

what about the desires...they are moving me away from that. How do you do with that?

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 05:59 PM
link   

But you already said absolute stillness is a concept. So how can it be "that". Isn't it obvious that is a concept.
Stillness lies in direct experience. But you can't really label that. You have to just look without assuming what is happening in this moment.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Desires to do what? Anything that moves you away from this moment is ego driven. Boom, simple. So you don't need to over analyze where the desires come from. The root is the ego, or the self.
It takes self inquiry to see through that. Self inquiry is experiencing this moment without assuming, just looking at what is. When it is seen then all ego driven desires start dissolving.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 06:03 PM
link   

well yes, you misunderstood my meaning. I was just acknowledging what you just said when I said it hehe

if we were in taking person next to each other, I would be silent. that is what I meant.
edit on 14471139201105November0511053015 by UniFinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 06:07 PM
link   
So then, if you read my last post about direct experience what further expectations do you have? What do you think you have to do to realize yourself.
I know, I repeat these questions but they are the root issues which we dont want to lose track of.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: UniFinity
next post please : )

I think this sums up what Andy1144 is talking about.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 06:16 PM
link   

thank you, you have clear a lot of doubt tonight.

I know what I must do now or better said: I know how to do it!

And as I said to itisnowagain (another member a LOT like you) I will say it to you to:
I think this philosophy is overlooking the body, it should transform also along with my desires...but this takes more work and devotion. But that is now not important because my doubts are cleared now and my water fast will be easy as pie!!

pure natural being in my opinion is also connected to the way body is felt and used. your opinion?

or in another words, do you believe with this understanding you are outside of cycle death and rebirth? because when death happens, there is a moment, which can be used to go on in next cycle OR you can go out.
This is the main thing why self-realization is important.

Or does this not matter to you and whatever happens happens, you are that...direct experience.
edit on 14471146971118November1811183015 by UniFinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Many expectations, which is ok, but... You say "I know how to do it" but how do you know? I asked you what is the best, fastest, or how do you realize this. You haven't sticked to this point. This is called shying away from the root issues.

You haven't seem to be taking what I am saying to seriously because you aren't really confused. You seem to just be protecting your expectations.

You also mention cycle of death and rebirth. These questions are fine, but you are placing to much emphasis on this, and not on realizing yourself. Realize yourself, then these relative truths will be much clearer.

The only way we can make progress is if you fully concentrate at the root issues, which I have illustrated clearly. Unless, you don't answer those questions and shy away from them, realizing yourself is not your priority. Which means you aren't ready, because youd rather stick to your present beliefs. Answer my questions about DE and realization clearly.

Self realization is important because it is true and it has major implications in how one lives his life. Do you want to live believing in a fictional character? Isn't realizing it is a fiction important?

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 06:35 PM
link   

"you say "I know how to do it" but how do you know? I asked you what is the best, fastest, or how do you realize this. You haven't sticked to this point. This is called shying away from the root issues."

because I understand direct experience now.
I have no doubt about what you are pointing me here and now, well even before this lesson I had a feeling this was it but a lot of doubts. but you now confirmed it. Nothingness, emptiness, direct experience,...you made me realize that there is nothing as simple as this, just direct experiencing everything all else is not the point or is illusion. Doing everything and nothing and the same time, this is what I meant as how.

You probably are not like a lief freely floating in the wind through life? How do you go on if you are only in direct experience? intent? share yourself unconditionally, love, compassion? I am wondering what moves your direct experience, when there are no external factors and you are alone.
edit on 14471163801146November4611463015 by UniFinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Yes, you intellectually understand it's all here and now, but does intellectually understanding it awaken you beyond the illusion of self? No, it means you agree with it, but still not see it in experience.
You understand direct experience, but you must look into it in order to awaken.

Goals and motivations obviously happen, so does BS thought and feelings. Hell, do you think I dont get a dopamine rush whenever I see a star on my comment? I do, and many more self worthy thoughts. But they are seen as false and dissolve when seen in direct experience. Sometimes longer, sometimes I completely lose my crap and become even more asleep. But it improves every aspect of life. Just be interested in how you can realize that in experience, instead of just understanding it intellectually. In which case I have to come back to the root questions. How do you realize no-self and what is direct experience to you. The simplest answers were usually the best.

Direct experince doesn't mean not thinking. It means seeing the thought what they are in DE. Thoughts and compassion continue, because why the hell not? thoughts are just seen to be what they are, which is impersonal. Impersonal is another label, you can only see this impersonal phenomena in DE.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join