It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's time to wake up!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 05:50 AM
link   
'All that is required is that you remain quietly alert inquiring into the real nature of yourself. This is the only way to peace. All happens by itself. Neither the seeker or guru does anything. Things happen as they happen. Blame or praise are apportioned later, after the sense of doership appears.' Nisargadatta Maharaj.

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 06:29 AM
link   
well for one, he seems to have a few issues which are warning signs for me, just like with previous guru, but this one takes the cake for me. In his case I think he was another which was half way along, for instance he advised to some - from wiki:

He likewise recommended polygamy or polyamory to some followers

That is just one of the controversy about him which are going around this person. That is why he is not ideal person from which I would learn. There are too many controversial stories about him and some of them are probably true. But if I forget that than I would say that he was indeed very spiritual and with a lot of experience, but it seems to me like he did not finish his union.

Now about what he says in the vid is the truth for me also and I agree with it! But his theoretical understanding seems to be far ahead of his practical use of his teaching. His explanation is on the point, but I think that witness as in soul is not just pure awareness but once you really unite with it than you are the absolute - brahman! But from relative standing the soul is just a witness until it gets dissolved into brahman or all pervading conciousness. Which I think is the final step. At least with advita vedanta philosophy of old.
Old Masters were teaching, that the soul is like a kamelion which is always changing through lives and once they matured enough than they get interested into the nature of reality. After that the soul is trying to unite with the atman (the purest and original form of us) which is the same like all-pervading brahma. And once the soul merges, than the next step is to dissolve even the atman into brahman, than you are done.

But all this is of course just my imagination and I have not come so far in spirituality to claim that with certainty, but this is how it looks from my understanding from old books and teachings from Buddhism, Hindu, Zen and so on...

By my personal strict standards one publicly known completely self-realized modern guru was Ramana Maharshi. Why?
- animals were responding to him differently like other people
- when he had one of the most painful cancers on the elbow, he did not even flinch and still smiled and lived on like it was not existing even though he was advised for operation with western medicine but he declined. Which points that he was far from body feelings and desires.

Or swami Vivekananda, his dying body was worm and fresh long after death, which is a normal occurrence for some saints. That is well documented.

Just some points that most of the modern advita vedanta gurus are missing the complete union and if you have any other information about someone similar than I will gladly check it out.

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: UniFinity

Sounds like you are looking for a religion.

Sounds like you want gurus that are saints.

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 08:14 PM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

After all the posts this is your conclusion. I am sorry, but you are missing the point entirely. How many times I have said that only experience is important anything else is just information.

Your last point is right. It should be obvious that I am looking only for true saints and their teachings. They are in all religions and all are very interesting to read. You just have to find them and today with google that is easy. Why would I choose only one religion over another? This is just limiting my perspective.

And I have found religion. That religion is in my own heart. It is called love! I am just looking how to bring it out more and more and make the ones around me happier and wiser.

Well look, you probably think people are not capable of things which are described in various old stories. And I think this are not just stories and we are all saints or gods, but just choose not to be because of materialistic or perverted desires which are holding us back. And only difference between a saint and us is that saints never give up trying!
Perfect example is the story of Milarepa, I recommend to read about him, he is most famous Tibetan Buddhist saint. Who went from dark magic and murder to Buddhism and sainthood.

Only thing I am looking for is the truth.

The truth is in knowing thyself!
edit on 14470359411125November2511253015 by UniFinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 09:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: UniFinity
After all the posts this is your conclusion. I am sorry, but you are missing the point entirely.

Yes, that is my conclusion.

It seems that the point you keep making is that if truth doesn't coincide with your preconceived notion of what it is then, it cannot be truth.

How many times I have said that only experience is important anything else is just information.

Great, then maybe you should get on with experiencing and stop repeating the information that you have come across that you can't prove to anyone anyway.
edit on 8-11-2015 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 09:22 PM
link   
I don't bother with proving anything to anyone. Everyone should get evidence on their own, we have established that before...

all that I have written here have come from experiencing various things and I know for myself that I am on right track. I do not care what you think of it. It is for everyone to find their own version of the truth.
That is why I enjoy posting here at ats. So many people with so many different thoughts...wonderful!
edit on 14470397211128November2811283015 by UniFinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 10:16 PM
link   

I don't bother with proving anything to anyone. Everyone should get evidence on their own, we have established that before...

Which is why this whole round and round is pointless.

all that I have written here have come from experiencing various things and I know for myself that I am on right track. I do not care what you think of it. It is for everyone to find their own version of the truth.
That is why I enjoy posting here at ats. So many people with so many different thoughts...wonderful!

Then why do you put down what others share?

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Which is why this whole round and round is pointless.

It may be pointless for you. But not for many other who can experience chakras and kudalini during meditation...these things are all well defined and explained. But each person has to get to that on his own.

I don't know what you are talking about.
There were a few rough words in one previous post and I acknowledged it, when you pointed it out. Other than that I don't see any putting down. But I do like to elaborate and add on to what itisnowagain says, but it is visible in my posts that I agree to what he says on some level. Although our interpretations differ to what the final self realization is.
edit on 14470471521132November3211323015 by UniFinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 11:46 PM
link   

It may be pointless for you. But not for many other who can experience chakras and kudalini during meditation...these things are all well defined and explained. But each person has to get to that on his own.

You have asked me a couple of times how I have come to a particular conclusion. Giving you any answer is pointless because you are not really looking at it with an open mind. You are measuring it with your preconceived notion of what spirituality should be.

If everyone is going to have their own version of the truth then whay ask people about it? That is pointless.

I don't know what you are talking about.
There were a few rough words in one previous post and I acknowledged it, when you pointed it out. Other than that I don't see any putting down. But I do like to elaborate and add on to what itisnowagain says, but it is visible in my posts that I agree to what he says on some level. Although our interpretations differ to what the final self realization is.

But when someone else said that you have no proof you tried to shoot them down and even complained about it always coming to this.

Their experiences have led them to think and respond the way that they do but it seems like you only want to hear from those who might agree with you at least a little.
edit on 8-11-2015 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 12:12 AM
link   

I have to lean on something and that is my own knowledge and experiences. But the thing is that all serious mediators are having exactly the same troubles and joys of uncovering themselves. That is why in Buddhism, Zen or Hinduism they have developed various meditation techniques and mantras or other spiritual practices which every person can check and test.

Spirituality is a thing which is experienced and lived and not just belief or faith. If that is the extent of someone spirituality, than in my opinion he is missing the point and is more religious than spiritual.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 12:16 AM
link   

That did not address the points I made.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 12:24 AM
link   
It is already too late. Judgement is coming soon to the Earth, and America is number one on the list. The judgement that is coming is going to be far more horrific and nightmarish than Hitlers SS labs were. What is needed to avoid this is love, but our governments hate us because of us being a necessity to their greed inspired success, and they hate this requirement, that they can't do it without help. Because the success they have gained so far, has made them into narcissists.
Every single politician that has become wealthy and corrupt has contributed to taking away freedoms, and harming freedom.

This should tell everyone all they need to know.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 12:54 AM
link   
than you don't understand my answer.

spirituality is about knowing and answering the question: who am I?

you can do that intellectually or practically. Both sides are of same importance. When you reach some conclusion, this should be proven with some kind of self evidence otherwise you are just religious.
edit on 14470521541155November5511553015 by UniFinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 10:40 AM
link   

than you don't understand my answer.

Do you think about what you post?

spirituality is about knowing and answering the question: who am I?

you can do that intellectually or practically. Both sides are of same importance. When you reach some conclusion, this should be proven with some kind of self evidence otherwise you are just religious.

But it is only proven to someone personally and he can't prove it to anyone else so what is the point of talking about it?

You don't see how you calling anyone else just religious is the same as them calling you just religious since both of you are basing their conclusions on their personal experiences?
edit on 9-11-2015 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 12:30 PM
link   
sometimes no...I really don't

But in this case I did, and some points were addressed...but not directly but between the lines.

difference between spiritual and religious is very thing ice area for me, but there is a major difference!
They both are worshipping something and both shows a degree of devotion or at least they should.
But spiritualists is always trying to achieve his goal and is learning and developing step by step. His view changes or evolves dependent on the progress of his understandings and experiences.
Religious persons don't have such strong motivation and are in general mainly praying for some reward and have already established reality supported by blind faith.

evidence dilemma is resolved once you are near the end or are finished. After that it is obvious that such individual possess special attributes and everybody notices that on their own. Such person has different speech and actions and others observe the change within such person and they label him self-realized, it is a title give by others not by himself!
So what is the problem here? Is personal evidence not OK, why are others bothering you what they think? if all is one and you abide in that, than this plays no role. You know that all is just illusion, and till you experience that you can fake it till you make it, or else other can just suck you down, haha
This is most personal journey you can do in life - to know your soul!
It is not meant to be shared OR proved to others! But once you made it, than anyone can notice the difference. And of course you are like a god in a human body. That is why many many saints are finishing or starting in isolation and when they are finished, than the teaching and sharing of complete knowledge can start. Such persons can preform miracles and is totally above everyone else. Even animals respect and feel that, and some saint supposedly even could talked to the animals like Ramana Maharshi.

Look into the past people who were labelled saints, investigate their lives and you will see the obvious difference in lives between such people and public modern gurus. At least to me they are like day and night in some cases. They teach different things...MANY modern teachings were perverted and adopted for western style of living.
edit on 14470942521137November3711373015 by UniFinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 12:51 PM
link   
If you would stop trying to justify your position and, instead, tried to understand what I am saying, you might get it.

You are no closer to the truth than anyone else that you might label religious.

Religious people have experiences that cement their beliefs.

They can't prove theirs and you can't prove yours but each is valid to the individual but, only the individual so, what are you expecting to get out of talking about them on the internet?

You only seem to take into consideration what you already believe so, it's pointless.

You also seem to say one thing and then rant the opposite in other posts, like:

But all this is of course just my imagination and I have not come so far in spirituality to claim that with certainty

Then all you have is religious faith with something which might be pointing in that direction.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 01:51 PM
link   

They can't prove theirs and you can't prove yours but each is valid to the individual but, only the individual so, what are you expecting to get out of talking about them on the internet?

this is wrong or at least not like you put it, there is a difference, between religious experience and spiritual experiences which are common during meditation and you can even induce yourself when you get the hang of it, and than it is not something spontaneous!
And you don't get me, what I am saying. So let it be...shall we. It is obvious from pages ago that you and me are barking at different tree...

You seem to have wrong idea about meditation. This is like science for a person who is well trained and such person can repeat the process or experience whenever he likes after he mastered it!
Compared to your vision of god which you claimed you had only once...which can be various different things and not even the real thing!! but can be mental illness or drugs or stress or other any other entity. How can you be sure that it was god, some thing could be just messing with you and you bought it hook, line, and sinker!

So you see there is like night and day difference but you do not see it like this...one one side you have like a professional who knows exactly what to do and what he wants and even how he will get it, on the other side you have MOSTLY blind faith and beliefs...
edit on 14471002581117November1711173015 by UniFinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 02:17 PM
link   

this is wrong or at least not like you put it, there is a difference, between religious experience and spiritual experiences which are common during meditation and you can even induce yourself when you get the hang of it, and than it is not something spontaneous!
And you don't get me, what I am saying. So let it be...shall we. It is obvious from pages ago that you and me are barking at different tree...

No, you just want your belief to be more right than others.

You seem to have wrong idea about meditation. This is like science for a person who is well trained and such person can repeat the process or experience whenever he likes after he mastered it!

I know, I can do that.

Compared to your vision of god which you claimed you had only once...which can be various different things and not even the real thing!! but can be mental illness or drugs or stress or other any other entity. How can you be sure that it was god, some thing could be just messing with you and you bought it hook, line, and sinker!

When did I say that?

So you see there is like night and day difference but you do not see it like this...one one side you have like a professional who knows exactly what he wants and how he will get it, on the other side you have blind faith and beliefs.

You admitted that your actual experience is limited so, going from that alone, we can say that your take and their's is pretty much the same.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 02:49 PM
link   
You said something about vision or OBE and God in it...and than even compared it to godless OBE which Buddhist have, if I remember correctly. This statement was golden and it showed your true colours for a bit.

if you are so advanced in meditation than there is nothing to talk about and you can check everything yourself if you desire it. why didn't you mentioned it sooner, than I would not wasted so many posts.

Although I feel that you are not totally honest about some things, but I do not care about that. But if you are who you say you are than I think this conversation would be different.

Anyway, I hope you explore and use your gifts of meditation to try and find the truth on your own!
I will do that, and I do not care what anyone says or if no one believes me

edit on 14471023081151November5111513015 by UniFinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 02:55 PM
link   

You said something about vision or OBE and God in it...and than even compared it to godless OBE which Buddhist have, if I remember correctly. This statement was golden and it showed your true colours for a bit.

I see, you think that when I mention a position I am talking about myself or my current state of mind.

That bit was a literary tool to emphasize the point.

if you are so advanced in meditation than there is nothing to talk about and you can check everything yourself if you desire it. why didn't you mentioned it sooner, than I would not wasted so many posts.

I did mention it and I have checked. Where did you think I was coming from all this time?

Although I feel that you are not totally honest about some things, but I do not care about that. But if you are who you say you are than I think this conversation would be different.

There is that preconceived notion I mentioned above.

Anyway, I hope you explore and use your gifts of meditation to try and find the truth on your own!
I will do that, and I do not care what anyone says or if no one believes me

Still missing the point.

If that is your stance then discussing it is pointless.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join