It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's time to wake up!

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 03:02 PM
link   
it was pointless a few pages ago but very intriguing non the less.

haha

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: UniFinity

I don't mean to deviate you from the discussion, but you mentioned that spirituality is about experiencing, not believing. It's by answering the question, Who am I?
What methods do you think are best to realize the experience of truth? How do you think, you can realize this.
Don't worry, this isn't the nondual trap of "there is no I to realize it". But how do you think that you will realize it in experience? You mention drugs, do you think is that the best way? What steps are you taking to see this truth?
edit on 9-11-2015 by Andy1144 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: UniFinity
it was pointless a few pages ago but very intriguing non the less.

It will always be pointless because it will always end up like this.

Wasn't that the major gripe in your first post?

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Andy1144
hey, welcome to this thread again

I think we are mostly done with previous discussion, so no harm done.

that is a good question and even if it would be a trap

drugs are certainly not the way, maybe just a sneak peak or not even that.

Maybe when I will be able to go into samadhi, this will be much clearer - how to approach that final stateless state. So that it will be permanent and not just in meditation.

I am practising nadi yoga and I think that will bring me eventually to something or some new realization because I can actually hear the difference the more I meditate which is awesome - excellent for one pointed concentration and is also like a gauge, win win
And even during the day I can still hear one very noisy nadi sound and I try to meditate all the time but a lot of times I catch myself still talking mentally but this is just fine. No rush. Awareness is getting more aware and more things can be felt and not thought.
And I will start with water fast again but this time as long as necessary so that all my desires will completely subside. So I will be able to drop or forget even the renunciation - Pure Sattvic Renunciation...

What is there really even to drop when you think about it if all is one, right?
only the mind which is doing all the confusion!

So at this point for me it is about completely cleansing the body and mind until it dissolves as they say. Mind drops and body will get energized with pure prana.

I cannot say anything else, because when there is even just a feeling of experience left that means there is still duality, because who is experiencing what if there is no-thing? So...one step at a time, first I will master samadhi, than move another step till there will be no more steps and just sat-chit-ananda.

how would you or daskakik answer this I wonder?
edit on 14471084881134November3411343015 by UniFinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: daskakik
I dunno what have I written in first post, it was soo loong agoo

please answer the question above if you can and let it go, all is in the past...I would really like to hear your thoughts about his question.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 04:28 PM
link   

You were not asking me but I will drop two bits worth anyway.

It doesn't matter.

If you read a lot of the material about enlightenment, set aside the urgency to get somewhere and apply a little logic then you will notice that it really doesn't matter.
edit on 9-11-2015 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 04:44 PM
link   

"one step at a time, first I will master samadhi, than move another step till there will be no more steps and just sat-chit-ananda. "

The reason I asked you is because it is extremely common for people to seek awakening as an "aha" moment that happens in the future. For example, you say that you do certain practices. And all of that is fine and dandy, and hey, may even help have a clearer mind and consequentially better inquires. But it can be trap of the ego.
The ego can say "First, I'll reach this state of whatever, then I will go on and reach this"
Do you know that people meditate for decades and remain completely ignorant of what's happening now? None of these people have awakening through meditating or reaching whatever practice alone. It takes genuine self-inquiry.
And for that, you don't have to have any experience of meditation whatsoever.
Again, not denying the benefits it can have, but think about this.
What if awakening to no-self/oneness, whatever. What if it is available for you to see now? Why not see it now, what is your excuse? Will you wait until you master something and then do it? What if you can just drop all practices in this moment? Who says you have to fulfill any practice? You see how practices can be used from the ego to postpone enlightenment?
So again this is pretty direct, but what is your excuse to not awaken now in this moment. What do you lack?
Has self-inquiry taken major priority in life? If not then why? What is self-inquiry for you?
It sounds like I am trying to "expose" you, but if your into all this spirituality business, then exposing someones unconscious beliefs is a great favor. Not that I know much about you yet, but judging on what you've said this far.

edit on 9-11-2015 by Andy1144 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 04:47 PM
link   

My point was that people can use methods of practice as an excuse to postpone self-realization. But relatively speaking, the most straightforward way to awaken to no-self is to inquire into what the self actually is. People meditate for decades but do not ask that question. But is the most important one.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 04:47 PM
link   

excellent point!

When you put it like that, then anyone is not lacking anything.

So what is the trick?

And I would like to ask you another question, do you agree with this statement?

Sri Ramana Maharshi puts it in the following way:

(1) Holding on to Reality is samAdhi.
(2) Holding on to Reality with effort is savikalpa samAdhi.
(3) Merging in Reality and remaining unaware of the world is nirvikalpa samAdhi.
(4) Merging in Ignorance and remaining unaware of the world is sleep.
(5) Remaining in the primal, pure natural state without effort is sahaja nirvikalpa samAdhi.

Are you talking about that?
sahaja nirvikalpa samAdhi

The reason for this question is because of many modern gurus who are supposedly self-realized, but yet compared to Ramana Maharshi they seem so normal to me.
Do you think they have the same understanding of reality?
edit on 14471098191156November5611563015 by UniFinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 05:02 PM
link   

You want to know what is true correct? You need to be honest by the definitions you give. Now, what absolute truth is, is the truth you find in this moment eternally. This moment, here and now. This is the absolute truth. You don't need any practices, you dont need to reach anything. It is here, you are awakened even if you don't know it.
But how can one realize this? There are still methods used to realize enlightenment. So it takes a method in order to learn you didn't need any methods. It takes a self to realize there is no self. Paradox isn't it.
Now listen, the most straightforward/direct/non-BS way you are going to see beyond the veil of self is through direct-inquiry.
What is direct inquiry?
DI, is inquiring into your direct experience. For instance, in this moment you have any assumption that you are separate from the computer screen you are typing correct? You feel like you are a discreet person who is typing right? But this is only an assumption, and it takes direct experience to see beyond this. I'll come to this point later...

You don't need any practices to do self-inquiry. But I garentee, it IS the most direct method. Isn't that what you want? Something direct right? This isn't a trick, ofcourse you want that. Everyone does.
First I want to ask you, what does self-inquiry mean to you? What do you think are the most direct ways to see beyond the illusion of self? I take it you already know the self is just a thought, and is no coherent with reality, yeah?

Just answer these main questions first as many expectations can surface.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Andy1144
the most straightforward way to awaken to no-self is to inquire into what the self actually is.

I understood the question and my answer is tied to that answer.

The question is not just "Who am I?" but "Why am I not aware of who I am?"

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 05:09 PM
link   

If I was you, I would just forget about these buddhist philosophies for now, as it can be very confusing. There are much easier ways to realize truth then that.

What these people are doing is introducing multitudes of practice. Different practices resonate more with different people and there is no doubt that many have realized themselves through these methods. But self-inquiry is the most simple way to realize it. This can be shocking if you thought you need to go through all these stages. So it's time you start burning yourself up man, (your beliefs that is) because some false expectations are what can hinder your realization. So the aim of this conversation is to see what expectations of achieving enlightenment you hold, and how to realize truth in this moment.

I can help you simplify your views using reason, and straightforwardness if you are willing to seriously question your current beliefs. You have to be open to the possibility that everything you understand right now could be false. Are you open to this?

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 05:10 PM
link   
thanks for the help! this is a nice surprise!

Lets see where this goes. You sound just like Maharshi, awesome! haha

who or what am I? Would be the most direct inquiry yes?

and than there is silence or pure being after that, ego cannot do a thing here, but only until something comes up...how to be in that awareness permanent?

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Yes, there are a multitude of questions one can ask. The example you've given is a valid one as well. I think I hadn't understood you question correctly.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Maharshi was a loser. So am I. Even my attempt's to sound like a wise guy are nothing less then BS. I am here to shock you. You have many expectations and I'll adress one right here.

"and than there is silence or pure being after that, ego cannot do a thing here, but only until something comes up...how to be in that awareness permanent? "

Do not worry about permanent abiding. You cant get there by worrying. Such a thing can only happen if you aren't expecting anything. Drop expectations. How to do that? Drop the self. How to do that? Self-inquiry. How to do that? We'll get there, but just continue asnwering as more and more expectations are arising. You have to burn all that BS up.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 05:15 PM
link   

I didn't ask one.

I was just responding to yours but, I see that you had an ace up your sleeve.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 05:16 PM
link   

What does ace up my sleeve mean?

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Abiding is an illusion. There is only now. How can abiding and non abiding exist in the now? You have the expectation that there is something more then now. Your trying to find enlightenment in the future. That is your expectation, although it may not seem that way. It is subconsious and cunning.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Andy1144
What does ace up my sleeve mean?

That you were not really looking for an answer but that you asked in order to stear the conversation in a certain direction.

Nothing bad meant by it.
edit on 9-11-2015 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Nobodysnotes.com was a website I started going to when I was earlier in seeking. I had many expectations about truth. And when I read his words, I was confronted with a fear in my chest. This guy was making all my expectations dissolve? It has to be scary to the ego right? Things continued simplifying up to the point where I realized self-inquiry was the most direct method. You can check him out but maybe you would wanna stick here for now. It can be overwhelming when there is so much information coming at once.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join