It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How many trick or treaters did you get?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 08:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

We got around 100. I really can't get over how some kids in high school are not embarrassed to go trick or treating today. Some are not even dressed up. I stopped going trick or treating in the 5th grade!!

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 08:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Atsbhct
a reply to: Iamthatbish

Just out curiosity, what keeps you guys from trick or treating?

I'm 56 so it would be a bit odd.

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 08:08 AM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

I'm 30 years old, and 5'2". When I take my nieces and nephews trick or treating I always dress up and take a pillow case and people always give me candy. It's free candy! Why deny yourself at only 10 or 11?

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 08:31 AM
link   
It was rather disappointing!
Last year we lived in a different neighborhood and had around 50 +.
We now live in town and I thought we would be bombarded...

Not the case!
I always get "special" treats for either the cutest or most elaborate costumes. The special treats were those GIANT Hershey bars. We have some friends who have 5 children and a couple of them have some disabilities. We always give them the "special" treat too. They are one of our biggest venison suppliers. They give us deer and we give their kids cavities! Well, I couldn't find them (the GIANT Hersheys) anywhere this year!
The old man says maybe last year the Christmas stuff was out earlier and maybe that's true maybe they are a Christmas thing.

So when our friends came with their kids they wound up with the King sized Hershey bars...and of course I start just dumping the candy into their little bags. We don't need it and I purchased a lot of candy...they were so cute...they say Thank you miss ______and Uncle ______ we are not related but every kid calls him uncle...

On the way back to the car, the old man overheard one of the kids say Uncle ______ always gives us the BIG candy bars? His dad says, you be grateful for what you got son and be grateful for them. He says I am but are they mad?
LOL!!!!

She texted the old man later on and thanked him for being so good to their kids!

I suppose we had a total of 10 or so. It was pouring rain off and on AND there was a game on. We were watching it too from the from door. To some of you that may be stupid but, here in TN, the "game" whichever one you route for is a big deal...

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

VOL fan here

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: maybee

4 life!

LOL!

WE bleed Orange!

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Somewhere between 300-400.

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

If I recall correctly you have the most beautiful Victorian home?
Did you decorate it for the festivities?

If so, do you have photos?

I imagine the little kiddos coming up to your door!

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 09:14 AM
link   

a reply to: Iamthatbish

Just out curiosity, what keeps you guys from trick or treating?

My kids never want to. And I live on a street that isn't trick or treat friendly. And, I'm too cheap to buy things just to give it away.

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 09:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: TNMockingbird
If I recall correctly you have the most beautiful Victorian home?
Did you decorate it for the festivities?

Yes, we did. Not as much as last year as it rained very hard earlier in the week but we had a decent amount up.

I'll take a few pictures later today and post for you.

I imagine the little kiddos coming up to your door!

Because we get so many kids (due to a Halloween parade in the neighborhood) I wait for them on the porch.

edit on 1-11-2015 by AugustusMasonicus because: Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 09:38 AM
link   
My son dressed up like Giorgio Tsoukalos from Ancient Aliens. It was totally his idea and I thought it was hysterical. Unfortunately there appears to be little to no conspiracy theorists in this neighborhood as most people thought he was simply someone from Men in Black.

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 09:56 AM
link   

None. They stopped coming years ago. 10's of thousands of homes in a 10 mile radius too. It's not safe anywhere anymore.

In an age of teaching our kids not talk to strangers, don't go up to houses of people they don't.... for one night a year, we send them freely to do the opposite of what we teach them.

Easy to kidnap, rob, rape a small kid by someone answering the door in costume.

Cops: "What did they look like? "
Child trick or treater: "One was a smurf, the other Santa clause".

Im armed and wouldnt even open our door to see. Got to where late would be the deeper voice teens banging on your door.

Masked and disguised and perhaps well meaning.... It's not safe to open the door.

PS Yes we live in a nice and neighborhood. I volunteer to car patrol Devil, Angels and Halloween nights.... and I saw mostly all porch lights off, cars in drives and windows shades down. Only a few small pockets of kids.

Lots of really cool home decorations too.... Yet even most of them we not passing out treats.

It's just not safe... No matter where you are. I know some here did have a few treaters
edit on 1-11-2015 by mysterioustranger because: splchk

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 10:18 AM
link   
I haven't seen "Frozen" so you could be right. All I remember is he was carrying a stick with a fluffy white cloud on it. I think he was trying to be droll or ironic or something.

Sal

originally posted by: SallieSunshine
My first trick-or-treater of the night was a teen boy and a couple of younger siblings. I don't know what he was dressed as but he asked me "Do you like warm hugs?" I just smiled and said "That is a cute costume!". After they all had their candy he asked me "Do you want a warm hug?" I had to decline. That was just weird...

Sal

a reply to: AK907ICECOLD

Lol! Was he some kind of Creepy Olaf character from Frozen?

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: SallieSunshine

Maybe he was Tr-Olaf

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 10:47 AM
link   
We got about 9 kids before I closed up after less than an hour. It rained most of the day, and was just icky. I dressed up for work, lit flameless candles and played spooky music. Only one team dressed up to deliver meals, but they made a client who lost her daughter about a month ago smile, so it was totally worth it.

Hubby and I are painting the kitchen before Thanksgiving gets here and that was the priority yesterday. Decades channel is still playing a Dark Shadows marathon so we listened/watched while we were putting things back in place after the paint dried.

edit on 11/1/2015 by Cheddarhead because: More details

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: maybee

My co-worker is also 56. She wore a leopard print shirt and cat ears.

When asked , she said "Im 56--I'm a cougar!"

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: CIAGypsy

What a great costume!
What a boring neighborhood!

HAHA love it!

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: CIAGypsy
He's totally cooler than all your neighbors! I love his sense of humor.

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: TNMockingbird

Here you go. A few of the front porch, we have a bunch more stuff on the porch that is hard to see from the driveway and the lights obviously look better at night:

And the wifey dressed up as Cruella de Vil:

edit on 1-11-2015 by AugustusMasonicus because: Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Out here in "country" where I live, 200 miles from the nearest metro-area-pit-of-despair, we never get any trick or treaters for Halloween. In the local "village" they do a hay ride for the kids. We saw it on our ride into the village; its four miles up the road. One wagon broke; the kids up there have a significant obesity problem.

They drive them up and down the streets and the riders are accompanied by adults who collect the candy that's thrown at them. The kids can't catch the candy. There's something of a mental acuity problem in the village, in-breeding does that you know.

They can't allow after hours excursions because the Texas Department of Corrections dumps paroled pedophiles on the village. That pays for the state sponsored village nursing home where they are all housed until they violate parole. They usually violate within about 6 months, usually on meth charges or for diddling the nursing staff or some visiting idiot-kid.

And that's Halloween in West Texas.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join