It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How many trick or treaters did you get?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 11:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

I need to come to your house for halloween, sounds like a hell of a party!

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 12:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

we had about 30, I remember when we would get hundreds...maybe that poster is right about the world series...we got one of those new laser lights set in the tree pointing at my house set it to green (will set it on green/red for christmas) we hung up spider webs and had a small fogger whidh really had the cool effect on all the green dots lights up the spider webs like long laser beams....fun evening!

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 01:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1
a reply to: Sremmos80

I think you would need a good dentist after biting into a piece of that candy tho!

Nah, I put warning labels on it (got to be responsible right?) and pass out a book of matches and a small can of gas so they can melt the chocolate off when they get home if they douse a blanket or pillow. I also include a bottle of Skittles flavored vodka that once drank can be used to collect the melted chocolate! Don't tell your parents, surprises are fun!

I'm pretty much an Eagle Scout, I plan ahead and whatnot. Have fun kids!

Wait, what?

AR, alcohol...... I'm coming trick or treating at your house next year!!!!

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 01:11 AM
link   

My house hasn't gotten any doorbell rings but that is because I kept all the lights off. There were plenty roaming the street though!

I have discovered that my laser pointer that I bought to mess with my cat works equally as well to mess with people!

It can send a little red dot all the way down the street from my upstairs window and it has been hilarious watching both the kids and adults alike wonder where that red dot is coming from.

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 01:25 AM
link   
a reply to: GoofingOff

It can send a little red dot all the way down the street from my upstairs window and it has been hilarious watching both the kids and adults alike wonder where that red dot is coming from.

You're lucky I wasn't out there. I had SO much fun with a laser pointer, then the Border Collie figured it out. If I had kids, the pup and I would have tracked you down!

No candy? We'll keep shaking you! I bet you have a wallet!

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 01:55 AM
link   

I had 30-40, and the best one was a dad dressed as a banana saying "it's peanut butter jelly time......"

And a kid as Darth Vader. It was even better when he touched his iPhone and as he walked away the sound started..... Dun dun dun da du da Dunn dun da dun.... Lol

So much fun.... And I have the left over candy. I feel like everything now taste like diabetes 😜😜😜

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 01:55 AM
link   
It depends on the neighborhood. But I feel bad for kids nowadays. It seems like parents nowadays are over-protective and keep them locked up at home. It used to be that kids played outside on every sidewalk playing games on their own, but you don't see it that much anymore.

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Well, if anyone came to our door while we took the kids ToTing, they were mighty oblivious to the porch light being off. Plenty of kids out ToTing in our neighborhood, plenty of people getting in to the spirit of it. And it was raining. I guess Michiganders look at rain on Halloween and go "Screw it, we're still going", lol.

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Zero.

I've heard of parents organizing 'events' in parking lots or a hired venue and then kids walking from car to car or table to table getting their candy from parents.
It's so they don't walk around the streets, because we all know how evil the world is and how many abducted kids, poisoned candy and crazy killers there are out there.

If this is true then it's really sad that this tradition is dying out.
It was the most fun time when I was a kid.

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 02:17 AM
link   
None.

But that is due because this is a more rural area, and you would have to walk for hours through the dark to get from house to house and only cover about 5 houses in all that time, and those would just be the neighbors. Beyond that there parents would have to drive them from house to house all throughout the areas.

It would be much easier just to head to an aunts house or cousins neighborhood and do the trick or treating were things are more in walking distance and neighborhoods are more spaced together and lighted up.

Also it was pouring this morning and lasted into the night. Not a very good night to be out trick or treating. I could not even make myself do anything past lazy about the house, and surf the net all day till now...It was one of those days were you get up ready to do things with your free time, then take one look outside, and just feel like going back to sleep.

edit on 2amSundayam012015f0amSun, 01 Nov 2015 02:19:34 -0600 by galadofwarthethird because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 05:52 AM
link   
None. We live in a rural area so not many kids around. When we lived in the city over 10 years ago, we would have probably 50 or more.
Personally I don't miss it.

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Last year I ran out of candy so this year I bought extra candy but had half as many trick-or-treaters. I think the parents were afraid their children would get rained on so they arranged indoor trick-or-treating at malls or what-not. But I do have a ton of candy left over. Some of it I will give away at work and to family. Some of it will go in the freezer.

Sal

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 07:43 AM
link   
My first trick-or-treater of the night was a teen boy and a couple of younger siblings. I don't know what he was dressed as but he asked me "Do you like warm hugs?" I just smiled and said "That is a cute costume!". After they all had their candy he asked me "Do you want a warm hug?" I had to decline. That was just weird...

Sal

a reply to: AK907ICECOLD

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 07:51 AM
link   
We live in a rural area. Last year we had maybe twenty kids, but this year a decorated and we had fifty four.

The best costume was probably a kid dressed up like a mine craft character, totally homemade and elaborate. The worst was a duo...one was obviously a blue crayon, the other was all dressed in black, and her face was painted black. I asked if she was a black crayon, and she said, "No! I'm a bat!" She seemed really upset, obviously no one knew what she was, so I decided to add to her frustration and said, "It's not PC to dress up in bat face, you know. They're endangered."

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 07:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: SallieSunshine
My first trick-or-treater of the night was a teen boy and a couple of younger siblings. I don't know what he was dressed as but he asked me "Do you like warm hugs?" I just smiled and said "That is a cute costume!". After they all had their candy he asked me "Do you want a warm hug?" I had to decline. That was just weird...

Sal

That is odd unless you know him personally or maybe he's a bit special.
One thing I definitely don't miss are the teenagers who I feel are too old to be trick or treating. Our old neighborhood had changed a lot and the last year we were there I felt like they were casing the place for a break in later.

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 07:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: SallieSunshine

Sal

Lol! Was he some kind of Creepy Olaf character from Frozen?

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Where I live?

2 deer.
A racoon.
One possum.
One neighbors cat.

That's all I got.

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 07:56 AM
link   
I didn't get any I we didn't want any.

My boys and I kept our lights off and watched scary movies while they are all the candy I bought them. I hope that doesn't make me a helicopter parent!

I did tease then that I was giving any trick or treaters their candy and they checked multiple times that the porch light was off.

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 07:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Iamthatbish

Just out curiosity, what keeps you guys from trick or treating?

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 08:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: eriktheawful
Where I live?

2 deer.
A racoon.
One possum.
One neighbors cat.

That's all I got.

That's too funny

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>