It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How many trick or treaters did you get?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 10:02 PM
link   
It's 8:02 PM here and I haven't had a single one. Apparently the local children and their parents have colluded to make me eat all this candy I bought. Punk kids.

It's sort of depressing. I decide to stay home so I stay out of trouble, and nothing. Maybe on Monday I can slowly drive around the school and offer kids a ride if they take some free candy or something.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 10:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

None, thank goodness.

I've been enjoying a bottle of wine.... Don't need some stinking freeloaders asking me for candy

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 10:11 PM
link   

I only got a few as I was walking by on the way home (I happened to be buying candy at the local pharmacy). At home, nobody came.

a reply to: mikeone718

C'mon man be nice to the kids every once in a while.
edit on 31-10-2015 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Since I'm classy as F* I'm doing the same. And mixing it with cranberry juice.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 10:14 PM
link   
We didn't get any but we took my daughter out first but it was definitely a down year for it. I blame the damn Royals and there world series game tonight.... no one wanted to be bothered lmao

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Maybe on Monday I can slowly drive around the school and offer kids a ride if they take some free candy or something.

Let us know how that works out for you .

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 10:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1
It's 8:02 PM here and I haven't had a single one. Apparently the local children and their parents have colluded to make me eat all this candy I bought. Punk kids.

It's sort of depressing. I decide to stay home so I stay out of trouble, and nothing. Maybe on Monday I can slowly drive around the school and offer kids a ride if they take some free candy or something.

Stranger danger! Stranger danger!!!

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Hang on a second, what's this concoction you speak of?

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Maybe on Monday I can slowly drive around the school and offer kids a ride if they take some free candy or something.

No chance it that going wrong!

This is where I can get into the helicopter parents ruining things for kids, I think less people do this tradition then before.
I know as a kid were out, alone at like 9/10 IIRC and the streets were boooming. I grew up in an awesome neighborhood. Was like a big rectangle of a housing track. We lived at the bottom and would work our way to the top and then zig zag back down.
Then my bro would empty his pillow case and go for round two.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 10:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Kids are pansies these days. They start at like 2pm and wrap it up by 6.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 10:28 PM
link   
We didn't get a single trick or treater, guess I don't need a costume to scare all the kids away.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 10:35 PM
link   

And all the fear mongering about what people do to the candy, gets parents all worried.

That is who the pansies are, those kids are out to get some candy, they are fearless!
Maybe even too fearless...

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 10:41 PM
link   
We usually only get one, maybe two. Our street isn't a big one for trick-or-treaters. That's OK though since we didn't take our son out this year. We had planned on it, but after an afternoon of him acting like a unmanageable, out of control idiot, we decided it would be safer not to take him out. If we can't rely on him to listen to his father when he's out in the dark, then it's too dangerous for him to go, especially since his Batman outfit is pure dark knight.

So we felt it wouldn't be fair to have trick-or-treaters come to the door after we decided we couldn't trust him to go out.

But, he did get to go to my workplace's Halloween, in-house trick-or-treat and carnival all dressed up yesterday, so he did get some candy and to dress up. Hopefully, he controls himself better next year and we can try again.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 10:51 PM
link   

And all the fear mongering about what people do to the candy, gets parents all worried.

If I had known kids weren't showing up I wouldn't have put so many assault rifles in the candy bars. Gets expensive. Nothing is more delicious than milk chocolate wrapped around a nugatey Ar-15.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Ok that made me laugh!
Like legit out loud laughter.

I think you would need a good dentist after biting into a piece of that candy tho!

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 11:01 PM
link   
None....

My small village sponsored a very nice party in the rec/senior center with bands, pizza, games, candy etc.
The place was packed with kids and their parents. What a fantastic small community we have here on the banks of the Rio Grande; Native Americans, Hispanics and Gringos all gathered in the spirit of brotherhood, peace and community.
edit on 31-10-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 11:06 PM
link   
I've had over 200 until I finally decided to take the two youngest zombie hunting. We went through almost 500 pieces of candy. Probably have about 150 left, plus whatever the kids brought home.

Carloads of kids always target my neighborhood. Probably because most of the people who live here hand out premium candy... Heck, my kids had several full size candy bars and cans of soda!

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 11:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

I think you would need a good dentist after biting into a piece of that candy tho!

Nah, I put warning labels on it (got to be responsible right?) and pass out a book of matches and a small can of gas so they can melt the chocolate off when they get home if they douse a blanket or pillow. I also include a bottle of Skittles flavored vodka that once drank can be used to collect the melted chocolate! Don't tell your parents, surprises are fun!

I'm pretty much an Eagle Scout, I plan ahead and whatnot. Have fun kids!

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 11:47 PM
link   
We had plenty of kids come by tonight. Surprising, really. We've had over a foot of rain in the last week here in TX. Nothing keeping these kids from getting candy.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 11:50 PM
link   
We went through 6 jumbo bags of candy (from Sam's Club) in about 2 hours. That's giving 2 pieces to each kid...we get lots of trick or treaters here..

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join